• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

Of course you wait until I am not only working this weekend but it is a swim meet weekend and while I was at the computer all day, you post right when we are done and cleaning up. :sad2:

Spectacular shots. I really need to remember to not only pack the tripod but actually break it out and use it. ::yes::

I love how thorough you are with all your photos and your experimenting. I had no idea those little changes would make such big differences in how photos turn out.

Of course you wait until I am not only working this weekend but it is a swim meet weekend and while I was at the computer all day, you post right when we are done and cleaning up. :sad2:

Spectacular shots. I really need to remember to not only pack the tripod but actually break it out and use it. ::yes::

I am convinced he calls Marv and tells him just as he is pressing the post button !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Gorgeous pictures! I am so taking a tripod with us when we drive in June! Of course, I don't think anyone will be a big fan of me taking off to different resorts at night to get pictures.

I really, really enjoyed those!

Love the night shots! I'm always too lazy to set up my tripod.

Loved reading about the tea, I've always wanted to do that, but haven't been able to manage it yet. Someday, though!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Oh, that stinks. Pausing an extra couple of seconds to say "great pictures!" probably cost you the win. :headache: :rotfl2: Well, that's the way the cookie crumbles. :confused3

Actually, I think I had him, but I couldn't figure out how to post on the DISboard app at first. And compliments mean nothing, so don't bother...got it! :rotfl:

Well, zero unless one of those giraffes is the one named Judy. Oh wait, that was Carol wasn't it??? :confused3

According to Rosie, there's a Carol.

Some really good nighttime shots, and love the ones of the firepit!!! :cool1:

Thanks Marv!

:cheer2: And I even got my additional Eagle Eye point you promised me!!! :thumbsup2

Well of course. You didn't think I'd forget, did you?

I saw you doing replies and I saw the page count got to 15.......I figured an update was coming......... ;)

Rosie posted when I was doing replies and messed up my page count. I saw it though, and so I edited the last post in order to finish the replies without rolling to the next page.

Not to give away your secrets, but I have a feeling you have my thread set a special way when you suspect an update is coming...true?

Now, if only it was that easy to predict when I am about to do an update....... :rotfl2:

We'd need a calendar.

Darn it I stopped to go check on the boys ( Kyle's friends NOT Glenn ,Marv , Dan & Tim) and you post:rotfl2:
I will now go bacvk and use a magnifying glass as I don't think Marv has yet !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I really thought you had it because you were posting when I was doing the last replies before the next post. You were this close!

Zero Judy's !!! I agreee !!:rotfl2:

Rosie endorsement!

I know why Marv never does his own updates .. He spends 231/2 hours a day waiting to find Judy's !!! The have hour is a State Law he has to have a meal break !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

:rotfl2:

People have grown Old waiting for that!!!:rotfl2:( Left myself open ):rotfl2::rotfl2:

You certainly did leave yourself open. :rolleyes:

I am telling you Marv just waits and then pounces, me on the other hand am busy messing up Glenn's page count:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: so I miss the update.
I did hear they were auctioning off Marv's last update as an antique writing !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I kind of like the ghostly people! Fun shots with the tripod, I've always thought that would be neat to play around with.

Sorry about that. James and I were playing on the xBox for most of the day, while the ladies were away. party:

Yes, but it does take some time. I guess I spent a little more than an hour taking these, wandering around looking for something to photograph.

I love how thorough you are with all your photos and your experimenting. I had no idea those little changes would make such big differences in how photos turn out.

When it's that dark, it takes quite a bit of time to capture enough light so a tripod is a must. It was fun experimenting to zero-in on something I liked.

I hope you have a good trip to Hong Kong Yuki.

I am convinced he calls Marv and tells him just as he is pressing the post button !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

No, but I have a feeling he's stalking me from 500+ miles away.

Gorgeous pictures! I am so taking a tripod with us when we drive in June! Of course, I don't think anyone will be a big fan of me taking off to different resorts at night to get pictures.

I really, really enjoyed those!

Thanks Mary Ellen. I know you'd have a ball seeing what photos you could get with a tripod at night around Disney. You need to set aside some time...try it at whatever resort you're at, and then move on to others if you're still gung-ho.

I'm glad you liked 'em! I thought of you when I was taking the artsy-chair shot. :goodvibes

Love the night shots! I'm always too lazy to set up my tripod.

Thanks Nory! It is a pain to get everything set up, which is why once I got going I tried a few different spots around the resort.

Loved reading about the tea, I've always wanted to do that, but haven't been able to manage it yet. Someday, though!

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. I hope you get to do it someday; I'm sure you will. :)

Actually, I think I had him, but I couldn't figure out how to post on the DISboard app at first.

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "always test an app when death is on the line"!

And compliments mean nothing, so don't bother...got it! :rotfl:

No, no, no...post your Judy-count first, then come back with another post to heap praise on me. :laughing:

I am telling you Marv just waits and then pounces, me on the other hand am busy messing up Glenn's page count:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: so I miss the update.

You should pay attention to the page count, it's Marv's main strategy to timing my chapter updates. (And seems to be working.) ::yes::

I did hear they were auctioning off Marv's last update as an antique writing !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

:rolleyes2

I kind of like the ghostly people! Fun shots with the tripod, I've always thought that would be neat to play around with.

I had fun, and got a couple of shots that I like. It was neat to experiment...it's a little bit of trial-and-error. :)

Great pictures! I love the ones of the giraffes! :goodvibes

Thanks Sara. Taking pictures of the giraffes was pretty cool because you couldn't see them very well without the night-vision goggles...you could tell they were there, and that was about it. But it shows how still they were being, since the shutter was open for so long and there's not very much blur. :teleport:

Sorry about that. James and I were playing on the xBox for most of the day, while the ladies were away. party:

When you have a 14 hour work day - I can now officially say I am all caught up pn the DIS. :thumbsup2

Looks like it will be hard to catch Marv, but being next in line I guess I will be the one to do it!!! :scratchin

Yes, but it does take some time. I guess I spent a little more than an hour taking these, wandering around looking for something to photograph.

Hey, I am good at wandering around..... :) Looking for something to photograph in Disney? Also pretty easy. :):)

I have done some playing around with the shutter speed while waiting for FOLK and fireworks. Trying to get that shot and have it look great takes some practice.... and sometimes in my case a bit of luck. ;)

Awwwhhhhhhhh!!! Those giraffes are so adorable! Just hanging out... having some 'resort time' after a hard day at the parks.

You got some really good shots!! :thumbsup2

I really like the photo of the fire - 1 second with flash and the one with the ghost people outside.

Sounds like a fun night! I love just fiddling around with exposure on the same shot. I need a LOT more practice though :rotfl:

Not to give away your secrets, but I have a feeling you have my thread set a special way when you suspect an update is coming...true?
No, but I have a feeling he's stalking me from 500+ miles away.
You should pay attention to the page count, it's Marv's main strategy to timing my chapter updates. (And seems to be working.) ::yes::
Wow, I get way too much credit around here it seems. :confused3 I appreciate the compliment that you think I have some powerful DIS computer skills to set your thread a special way, but I have to admit it just boils down to dumb luck! :blush: (okay Rosie, there's your chance)

If I happen to have some time available to spend on the DIS, even when I am doing other things on the internet I will occasionally come back to the DIS and check to see if anyone has posted anything new I want to comment on or just read. I do that by using the User CP link. If you haven't done an update in a while, and you start posting replies I get a little suspicious there might be an update coming. Sometimes you hint at it with your replies to people like Rosie who ask.

The latest contest I kept seeing the same two threads pop up and then all of a sudden yours showed up with you posting, so I checked it out. Two contests ago I wasn't on the DIS at all, so you posted an update, people guessed the Judy's, you posted the results and I never even put in a guess because I had no clue you had updated until too late. Some of my earlier wins I was late to the party but nobody had gotten all the Judy's yet and I was able to swoop in late and still get the correct answer in first. :)

Like I said, all dumb luck......no stalking, no special monitoring or surveillance! :sad2: Further proof that sometimes it IS better to be lucky than good!! :thumbsup2

Awesome pictures!!! I love how you did so many trial and error shots to get the result you were looking for. If I had a camera with that I could adjust all those settings on, I'd probably be afraid to mess with it out of fear of screwing it up. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I really loved how you were able to get those shots of the giraffes to come out so well lit after dark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter