City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

Wow! Your resort pictures are making me want to join DVC, just so I can go to Vero Beach Resort! I really like the lobby pictures.

continued from previous postI’m not sure what our workout sounded like to the people in the suites beside or below us. They probably just thought we were having coffee on the verandah. :rolleyes:
BWAHHHHHH.... I was immediately wondering the same thing when you mentioned your workout videos. We do insanity too and I couldn't imagine it! Hopefully, there were no Suicide Jumps in your workout this morning :lmao:

BTW, great pictures of the resort. I'm even more excited to see it in November. Thanks for sharing...

OK, I'm going to try to weasel one Judy spotting point by saying

First post (part 1)- No Judys
Second post (part 2)- 1 Judy (icon)- already claimed by nodnol

Ill come back to post on your gorgeous pictures.

Dee

The Rules Committee has agreed to give 1 point each to Katharina and Dee. Katharina for the overall correct answer, and Dee for the great specific answer.

Updated scores:
Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
Pat - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Rosie - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Marvin - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 2 Eagle Eye points :magnify:
Kelly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Mark - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Molly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Dan - 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:
Kathy - 1 Judy-sighting win
Dee - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Magdalene - 1 Judy-sighting win
Katharina - 2 Judy-sighting wins

Thank you for the tour. Were you really allowed outside or was there a lockdown? ;) The dark sky, the palm trees rustled by the wind and completely empty pool kind of indicate that catastrophe was immanent. So thanks again for taking the risk ind order to document everything for us!

Hurricane Isaac had formed (but may have only been a tropical storm at this point, I'm not sure), but was much further south. I don't even think this rain was from that storm....it was just yucky weather in general.

If that isn't motivation to get your butt out of bed and start taking pictures, I don't know what is!

Well at least the adults were motivated to get up and enjoy the place!

Thank you for sharing those perfect pictures of the resort! You can really get a feel for those "Disney" touches by taking a 'walk' around the resort. Awesome!

You're most welcome! I'm glad you liked them.

I got a phone call from my sister while I was standing in line at a shop that she already claimed one Judy and if I don't want her to pass me on the leader board I would need to find a second Judy... Well, I am home now and can't find another Judy. So I guess my sister will win the point in the end.... :sad:

How cool that my TR is inspiring phone calls to be made in Germany. That's amazing! :laughing: That was very sporting of Katharina to give you a heads-up.

Great pictures Glen! The place has wonderful relaxed atmosphere, just right for a beach place.

Thanks Magdalene! A very nice beach-y atmosphere, for sure.

So, how are the results of your insane work out? I followed the link and it seems pretty tough but promises wonderful results. Do you now look like the guy on the webpage?

:rotfl: Well, I don't think there's any risk of getting me and him confused for each other. :rotfl2: Right around the time of the trip I was doing well. We'd been doing the program for over 2 months, had lost some weight, and saw a lot of improvement in the exercises. After the trip though, I took a little vacation from it. I've tried to pick it up again, but still haven't been very faithful, only exercising a couple of times a week. I guess it's better than nothing.

Great post :) and great pictures.

Thanks Squidgy!

That sea does invite some philosophical musings set to piano music... I really like the style, especially the pothole style windows on the doors in the background! :)

Feel free to write some sea-inspired poetry and post it here. ;)

Glen, what a beatuiful, thorougly enjoyable tour of Vero Beach. What an absolutely beautiful resort. Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures.

I have just had the best time sitting here reading/catching up on this TR! :beach:

Cherie! :welcome: :yay: It's great to have you here!

I am loving all of the info and experiences with Vero Beach resort. We would love to spend some points at this place. I do believe this is the first TR I've read about it. I'm glad it's yours because you are always so informative and have great pictures! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the compliment! I agree with you on not being able to find a TR that gave a good sense of the resort; I wasn't able to find one before the trip, so hopefully we'll remedy that. ;)

I couldn't help but notice how much the suite resembles the old 1 bedroom villa at Old Key West! I miss some of the touches that are in there. I do like the updates to OKW but at the same time i really miss the old stuff. It felt like home to us because we stayed there so many times.

I haven't stayed at OKW, but many people have said the same thing, and people tend to like the layout.

I also noticed that in the bathroom and the "other bathroom" that there are only pedistal sinks. Where on earth am I supposed to put my hair stuff and make-up stuff?? When we stay at OKW, DH usually takes the sink next to the bathtub as his own since it only has a small shelf above it and that's all he needs. I usually have our toiletries bag, hair brushes, flat iron, make-up bag, etc., etc., etc. in the "other bathroom" because it has a complete vanity area with drawers and a cabinet at the bottom. Plus a lot of counter top space. :scratchin I know you are probably going to say the same thing my DH does...stop bringing so much "stuff". Well, that isn't going to happen. A girl needs her...."stuff"! ::yes::

:rotfl2: So true! Some people I know have luggage for their "stuff" that are as big as my regular luggage.

But you're right about the pedestal sinks. I had forgotten about that. Judy wasn't thrilled with that setup, and had to set things along the edge of the tub.

Your pictures are spectacular as usual. It makes me want to book a trip NOW but I know that can't happen. BOO!

Aw thanks! Yeah, we're in the same boat. Not enough points to book anything for a while. In fact, we need to take 2013 off to let them build back up!

It looks so peaceful there. I love that it still has the Disney touches.

Hi addicted2themouse. Yes, it's different than being at one of the WDW resorts but still has those touches that make it special, and even a little magical.

:teeth:

I guess Katarina wins !!

Yep, she's quick.

Awesom pix Glenn I loved the "Loose yourself in it " one !!!

Thanks! I like that one too.

Also glad you found my ptr that has had a slight name change to BUBBA, TINK etc for all those who have been frantically searching for it:rotfl2:I assure you there is much HUMOR to come !! Carol said it made up for all her Elvis hits !!!:lmao::lmao:

Looking forward to it Rosie!

I totally do NOT see a Judy. Is this a trick? :rotfl2: Between you and Captain O I think I am starting to get a complex.

The only Judy was this icon one, buried in the text:
IMG_3095-1-1.jpg

Anyway - I love your pictures. They are fabulous. I didn't not have my new camera when I stayed there and now I think I have to go back and take some new pictures. I really, really love the inn. It's beautiful.

Thanks Mary Ellen. You'd have fun on a photo stroll there, I'm sure!

OK, it looks like it took me about 24 hours to come back and comment. :rolleyes1

Not a problem at all. I have the same issue!

What a great photo tour! Especially loved the pictures from your balcony and of the ocean. For the record, I like the exposure in the first picture, too.

Thank you, and thanks for letting me know your vote.

Your pictures really help give us all a feel for what the resort looks like and offers.

Good!

Sea turtles are one of my favorite creatures- I love seeing all of the turtle decor and hearing about the educational outreach they are doing at the resort.

Have you ever been on one of the sea turtle walks? If you like turltes, I recommend it.

Quiet morning walks while everyone else around is sleeping are so enjoyable.

I'm not usually an early riser, but I like getting pictures like these.

Great morning pictures! You did a really good job showing the villa buildings and wonderful shots of the inn. Oh those skies! Yikes.

Thanks Cynthia. Yeah, not the kind of skies you want to see when you're planning on some beach-time.

Very impressive that you brought the DVD player with you to do it. I can't imagine the boys actually not trying to come in and watch and I'd have a hard time focusing on the workout knowing they were "listening"

The DVD player is the same one we have in the van for the kids to watch movies during the drive, so it was already planned to go. The DVDs themselves were a last-minute decision.

The kids have no interest in watching us exercise, and slept through it anyway.

:rotfl2:

Coffee on the verandah is a fine way to start the day.

I couldn't agree more, no matter what sense anyone is taking that. :laughing:

Bummer that it rained on your first day. I loved all of your photos though !!

Not a good start to the day, but there's still a lot of day left.

Coffee on the verandah !! .... LOL

;)

I bet the people below you were like ...."what the .....???"

Could be. Fortunately, we didn't get any visits from front desk cast members asking us to keep it down.

Thanks for all the great pictures Glenn. Vero Beach is defiitely a very pretty resort.

You're very welcome buckeye.

Goodness! Love those pictures!

Great! That's what I was hoping for!

The grounds are are so stinking beautiful! We loved the lobby area.

The gardeners must be busy, but I never saw any.

You are extremely dedicated! My idea of a workout is going to WDW. :lmao: I don't think I'd have the motivation to do a workout on vacation. I'm impressed!

That is a workout! We did better at Vero, where we weren't on the go all the time. WDW was another story.

Wow! Your resort pictures are making me want to join DVC, just so I can go to Vero Beach Resort!

Thanks PrincePluto. If you do join, give 'em my name and tell them I referrred you. ;) We do like our DVC membership!

You can stay at Vero (or any DVC resort) on cash though. Or you can look into renting points on the rent/trade boards.

I really like the lobby pictures.

It's a nice lobby. It's not awe-inspiring like Jambo House or Wilderness Lodge, but very nice and fits the resort.

BWAHHHHHH.... I was immediately wondering the same thing when you mentioned your workout videos. We do insanity too and I couldn't imagine it! Hopefully, there were no Suicide Jumps in your workout this morning :lmao:

:) Of course at the time, the coffee on the verandah phrase hadn't been coined, but I remember thinking "our neighbors must be wondering what's going on"! :listen:

Actually, I think there were some jumps but we substituted different exercises. That would have been rude at that early hour!

BTW, great pictures of the resort. I'm even more excited to see it in November. Thanks for sharing...

You're very welcome Cisco. I hope you're getting a good sense of the place through the TR and that you have a great visit.

Glen, what a beatuiful, thorougly enjoyable tour of Vero Beach. What an absolutely beautiful resort. Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures.

Aw thanks Kathy. You're welcome! I'm happy to share them, and glad that you're enjoying them.

Wow, looks like you really hit your stride on the photos with this update. Beautiful shots of the resort and the beach.

Disney really knows how to hit you with the grand lobby, don't they? The best of their resorts seem to all have that jaw-dropper of a main entrance. Looks like a great place to stay.

So, in summary, you had a bunch of pictures and a 2 part TR update, that was just about you trying to procrastinate and avoid working out? :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

The pictures are great though, and well worth the nice morning stroll. :thumbsup2

Wow, looks like you really hit your stride on the photos with this update. Beautiful shots of the resort and the beach.

Thanks Cap'n. Well, I was going for a photo stroll, so I thought I'd better come back with some.

Disney really knows how to hit you with the grand lobby, don't they? The best of their resorts seem to all have that jaw-dropper of a main entrance. Looks like a great place to stay.

They do. They're all really nice, and then there's Jambo House and WKL. :worship:

Oh, and :thumbsup2 :rotfl2: for the coffee on the verandah reference.

;) You worked it in, so I had to too. Plus, I really was wondering what the neighbors must be thinking with all of the jumping jacks :yay: and stuff.

So, in summary, you had a bunch of pictures and a 2 part TR update, that was just about you trying to procrastinate and avoid working out? :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

It sounds so bad the way you say it. :rotfl2:

But in my defense, I was also looking for coffee. :coffee:

The pictures are great though, and well worth the nice morning stroll. :thumbsup2

Thanks, I had fun taking them.

But in my defense, I was also looking for coffee. :coffee:

I had no idea there was coffee by the restaurant, I'd have tried it to see if it was any good. There wasn't anything at the pool bar station I don't think.

Still, I bet your Via was a bit tastier :thumbsup2

scottny said:
Gorgeous pics. The resort looks so pretty.

Glad you liked 'em Scott. It's even nicer on a sunny day!

eandesmom said:
I had no idea there was coffee by the restaurant, I'd have tried it to see if it was any good. There wasn't anything at the pool bar station I don't think.

Still, I bet your Via was a bit tastier :thumbsup2

Oh nuts! I was looking forward to your opinion because (spoiler alert)...I liked it. I asked a CM if it was Nescafé, thinking he'd say it was brewed, but no. I couldn't believe it. He did say that it was something new.

Oh nuts! I was looking forward to your opinion because (spoiler alert)...I liked it. I asked a CM if it was Nescafé, thinking he'd say it was brewed, but no. I couldn't believe it. He did say that it was something new.

If I'd have known it was there, I'd have tried it for sure! :lmao:

We had plenty to brew in the villa so made a full pot each day, by the time we ventured out, I was done with coffee. Plus I think at Vero, if memory serves, I also made a pitcher of sun tea. Not positive though but either way I wasn't short on caffeine.

Glad to hear you liked it. If I ever get back (and hope to) I'd like to try it..and all the other dining options (spoiler alert but then again...nothing was planned so not really a spoiler lol).

Somehow I have a feeling you had more time to check out things like that :sad1:

His kids said it felt very Disney, although different (it was in an earlier post).

Not to rush you Glennbo, but us lurkers out here are desperate for a little Disney magic...can we get another report update soon?

Vero looks so pretty and peaceful! Did it feel very "Disney" to you guys, or just like a nice beach resort?

It did, but it was a little weird not having parks nearby. In thinking about it, the theming was great, everything was clean, the landscaping impeccable, and the cast members were very outgoing...so yes, very Disney. I did wonder if the cast members felt out of touch with the rest of Disney, being off on their own.

His kids said it felt very Disney, although different (it was in an earlier post).

Hey Elianor, nice to see you! I think this is your first post on this particular thread of mine, so :welcome:

Not to rush you Glennbo, but us lurkers out here are desperate for a little Disney magic...can we get another report update soon?

At your suggestion (gentle prodding?) I started working on the next one yesterday. It needs some more work, but yes, it'll be up soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter