City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by glennbo123, Jul 8, 2012.

1. PrincePluto

PrincePluto Disneyholic

Wow! Your resort pictures are making me want to join DVC, just so I can go to Vero Beach Resort! I really like the lobby pictures.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. OurDogCisco

OurDogCisco DIS Veteran

BWAHHHHHH.... I was immediately wondering the same thing when you mentioned your workout videos. We do insanity too and I couldn't imagine it! Hopefully, there were no Suicide Jumps in your workout this morning :lmao:

BTW, great pictures of the resort. I'm even more excited to see it in November. Thanks for sharing...

4. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

The Rules Committee has agreed to give 1 point each to Katharina and Dee. Katharina for the overall correct answer, and Dee for the great specific answer.

Updated scores:
    Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
    Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
    Pat - 3 Judy-sighting wins
    Rosie - 2 Judy-sighting wins
    Marvin - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 2 Eagle Eye points :magnify:
    Kelly - 1 Judy-sighting win
    Mark - 2 Judy-sighting wins
    Molly - 1 Judy-sighting win
    Dan - 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:
    Kathy - 1 Judy-sighting win
    Dee - 3 Judy-sighting wins
    Magdalene - 1 Judy-sighting win
    Katharina - 2 Judy-sighting wins

5. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Hurricane Isaac had formed (but may have only been a tropical storm at this point, I'm not sure), but was much further south. I don't even think this rain was from that storm....it was just yucky weather in general.

Well at least the adults were motivated to get up and enjoy the place!

You're most welcome! I'm glad you liked them.

How cool that my TR is inspiring phone calls to be made in Germany. That's amazing! :laughing: That was very sporting of Katharina to give you a heads-up.

Thanks Magdalene! A very nice beach-y atmosphere, for sure.

:rotfl: Well, I don't think there's any risk of getting me and him confused for each other. :rotfl2: Right around the time of the trip I was doing well. We'd been doing the program for over 2 months, had lost some weight, and saw a lot of improvement in the exercises. After the trip though, I took a little vacation from it. I've tried to pick it up again, but still haven't been very faithful, only exercising a couple of times a week. I guess it's better than nothing.

Thanks Squidgy!

Feel free to write some sea-inspired poetry and post it here. ;)

6. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Glen, what a beatuiful, thorougly enjoyable tour of Vero Beach. What an absolutely beautiful resort. Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures.

7. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Cherie! :welcome: :yay: It's great to have you here!

Thanks for the compliment! I agree with you on not being able to find a TR that gave a good sense of the resort; I wasn't able to find one before the trip, so hopefully we'll remedy that. ;)

I haven't stayed at OKW, but many people have said the same thing, and people tend to like the layout.

:rotfl2: So true! Some people I know have luggage for their "stuff" that are as big as my regular luggage.

But you're right about the pedestal sinks. I had forgotten about that. Judy wasn't thrilled with that setup, and had to set things along the edge of the tub.

Aw thanks! Yeah, we're in the same boat. Not enough points to book anything for a while. In fact, we need to take 2013 off to let them build back up!

Hi addicted2themouse. Yes, it's different than being at one of the WDW resorts but still has those touches that make it special, and even a little magical.

:teeth:

Yep, she's quick.

Thanks! I like that one too.

Looking forward to it Rosie!

The only Judy was this icon one, buried in the text: [​IMG]

Thanks Mary Ellen. You'd have fun on a photo stroll there, I'm sure!

8. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Not a problem at all. I have the same issue!

Thank you, and thanks for letting me know your vote.

Good!

Have you ever been on one of the sea turtle walks? If you like turltes, I recommend it.

I'm not usually an early riser, but I like getting pictures like these.

Thanks Cynthia. Yeah, not the kind of skies you want to see when you're planning on some beach-time.

The DVD player is the same one we have in the van for the kids to watch movies during the drive, so it was already planned to go. The DVDs themselves were a last-minute decision.

The kids have no interest in watching us exercise, and slept through it anyway.

I couldn't agree more, no matter what sense anyone is taking that. :laughing:

Not a good start to the day, but there's still a lot of day left.

;)

Could be. Fortunately, we didn't get any visits from front desk cast members asking us to keep it down.

You're very welcome buckeye.

Great! That's what I was hoping for!

The gardeners must be busy, but I never saw any.

That is a workout! We did better at Vero, where we weren't on the go all the time. WDW was another story.

Thanks PrincePluto. If you do join, give 'em my name and tell them I referrred you. ;) We do like our DVC membership!

You can stay at Vero (or any DVC resort) on cash though. Or you can look into renting points on the rent/trade boards.

It's a nice lobby. It's not awe-inspiring like Jambo House or Wilderness Lodge, but very nice and fits the resort.

:) Of course at the time, the coffee on the verandah phrase hadn't been coined, but I remember thinking "our neighbors must be wondering what's going on"! :listen:

Actually, I think there were some jumps but we substituted different exercises. That would have been rude at that early hour!

You're very welcome Cisco. I hope you're getting a good sense of the place through the TR and that you have a great visit.

Aw thanks Kathy. You're welcome! I'm happy to share them, and glad that you're enjoying them.

9. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

Wow, looks like you really hit your stride on the photos with this update. Beautiful shots of the resort and the beach.

Disney really knows how to hit you with the grand lobby, don't they? The best of their resorts seem to all have that jaw-dropper of a main entrance. Looks like a great place to stay.

10. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

Oh, and :thumbsup2 :rotfl2: for the coffee on the verandah reference.

11. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

So, in summary, you had a bunch of pictures and a 2 part TR update, that was just about you trying to procrastinate and avoid working out? :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

The pictures are great though, and well worth the nice morning stroll. :thumbsup2

12. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Thanks Cap'n. Well, I was going for a photo stroll, so I thought I'd better come back with some.

They do. They're all really nice, and then there's Jambo House and WKL. :worship:

;) You worked it in, so I had to too. Plus, I really was wondering what the neighbors must be thinking with all of the jumping jacks :yay: and stuff.

It sounds so bad the way you say it. :rotfl2:

But in my defense, I was also looking for coffee. :coffee:

Thanks, I had fun taking them.

13. scottny

scottny <font color=blue>You better have crackers<br><font

Gorgeous pics. The resort looks so pretty.

14. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

I had no idea there was coffee by the restaurant, I'd have tried it to see if it was any good. There wasn't anything at the pool bar station I don't think.

Still, I bet your Via was a bit tastier :thumbsup2

15. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Glad you liked 'em Scott. It's even nicer on a sunny day!

Oh nuts! I was looking forward to your opinion because (spoiler alert)...I liked it. I asked a CM if it was Nescafé, thinking he'd say it was brewed, but no. I couldn't believe it. He did say that it was something new.

16. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

If I'd have known it was there, I'd have tried it for sure! :lmao:

We had plenty to brew in the villa so made a full pot each day, by the time we ventured out, I was done with coffee. Plus I think at Vero, if memory serves, I also made a pitcher of sun tea. Not positive though but either way I wasn't short on caffeine.

Glad to hear you liked it. If I ever get back (and hope to) I'd like to try it..and all the other dining options (spoiler alert but then again...nothing was planned so not really a spoiler lol).

Somehow I have a feeling you had more time to check out things like that :sad1:

17. Stringbean&Wingnut

Stringbean&Wingnut DIS Veteran

Vero looks so pretty and peaceful! Did it feel very "Disney" to you guys, or just like a nice beach resort?

18. Elianor

Elianor Mouseketeer

His kids said it felt very Disney, although different (it was in an earlier post).

Not to rush you Glennbo, but us lurkers out here are desperate for a little Disney magic...can we get another report update soon?

19. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

It did, but it was a little weird not having parks nearby. In thinking about it, the theming was great, everything was clean, the landscaping impeccable, and the cast members were very outgoing...so yes, very Disney. I did wonder if the cast members felt out of touch with the rest of Disney, being off on their own.

Hey Elianor, nice to see you! I think this is your first post on this particular thread of mine, so :welcome:

At your suggestion (gentle prodding?) I started working on the next one yesterday. It needs some more work, but yes, it'll be up soon.

20. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Dang I thought I had it .. the first with an answer BUT no update:sad1::rotfl2:

21. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Aw.

Well, will you be around at say, 8 o'clock?