City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by glennbo123, Jul 8, 2012.

1. GreatBiscuit

GreatBiscuit Golden but never flaky

Been there....done that. :crazy2:

I endorse your decision.

Discovered Andrew doing a bug presentation in the villa living room. :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CreightonsMomma

CreightonsMomma Mouseketeer

Phew! That was a lot of catching up to do.

Great ending to the girls NY trip. It was very sweet of them to give their leftovers to the homeless. Great girl you have there! :thumbsup2

The crisco and cream cheese pic had me cracking up! :rotfl:

Glad the drive to Vero was uneventful. I would have been the one that forgot clothes for myself because I am too busy packing for everyone else. I'm sure Marlene can't use that excuse, but i'll let her borrow it for this one time. ;)

Can't wait to see the room.

4. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

Still better than "are we there yet?"

Was it more of a pain than the previous night when someone didn't pack their overnight bag properly? :rolleyes1

If not on that trip, then on all the following trips.:rotfl2:

oooh... a cliffhanger.

5. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

Tease!!!!!

I want to know what view you got.

I agree the garage is ridiculously low and they are tiny to boot. We had a hard time navigating around ours with the SUV and ended up outside one night practically double parked at a different building as stuff was full both in the garage and outside. No way do the garages have enough spots for each building and even with the outside spots, once you add in the cottages I bet folks end up parked down by the Inn if they go in and out a lot.

I never even saw the campfire! How sad is that. Or the grill, which we had planned on using and I think it down that way too. Just seemed SO far from our room.

Not really. LOL

6. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

:lmao:I was working Glenn you are not supposed to update then !!!:lmao:

Gotta go back and actually read the update now :confused3

7. englishrose47

Had to add my 10c to Magdalene going to Cracker barrel.. I love it too !!Love the breakfast and they have such a huge list of sides it is hard to pick 2 or 3 . I have had the Ham the last couple of times and it's been GOOD!!

8. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Yeah! Vero! :cool1: I love Vero and I can't wait to see your room and your view.

I am very happy that James did not have to sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag. Score.

So, where did you stop? Brunswick, Georgia? How long did it take to drive there. Inquiring minds want to know (in case I do ever drive).

9. PrincePluto

PrincePluto Disneyholic

Enjoyed the Vero update! Why was the Defibrillator circled by the beach, on the map? Looking forward to pictures of the interior of the unit.

10. Stringbean&Wingnut

Stringbean&Wingnut DIS Veteran

Yay for arriving at Vero!!! I'm very interested to see your room and hear how you liked it there!!

11. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Glad you have arrived at Vero. Looking forward to seeing the room and the view.

Looks like you won't have to stumble very far for toasted marshmallows, if you are so inclined.

12. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

Just doesn't taste quite as good as a stolen Hardee's breakfast, I agree.

Sometimes our kids prefer that arrangement. Usually when one of them starts getting kicked or having the covers stolen in the shared bed. :laughing:

Ever since we got the GPS, I just tell the kids to look at the screen. :thumbsup2

Interesting. I hadn't heard that before. Might have to try avoiding the online checkin next time. :scratchin

I'm not an expert in hieroglyphics, but did they give you a Rosetta Stone with this?

It's been a long drive. Don't over-tax yourself.

Looks like someone dropped a napkin. Better pick that up.

:thumbsup2 We used the same trick. My daughter still has "Fluffy" to show for it.

Can we make up our own ending here? :confused3

13. FauntleroyFAN07

FauntleroyFAN07 Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

trying to trick us into thinking you have more than the average persons 2 cents.;)

14. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Yay! You have finally arrived! :banana: James looks so cute - all excited to move in to the new digs! :goodvibe: I am wondering if perhaps the black item in the left hand corner of said pic is perchance Judy's purse???? That would raise it to 2 Judys - :confused3

15. winkers

winkers <font color=blue>I was stuck in that position and

Well.....now I feel jipped. That was like reading a book...getting to a really good part and turning the page to find it blank!

16. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Correct! :cheer2:

Updated scores:

Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
    Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
    Pat - 3 Judy-sighting wins
    Rosie - 2 Judy-sighting wins
    Marvin - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:
    Kelly - 1 Judy-sighting win
    Mark - 2 Judy-sighting wins
    Molly - 1 Judy-sighting win
    Dan - 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:
    Kathy - 1 Judy-sighting win
    Dee - 2 Judy-sighting wins

17. englishrose47

Don't I get a vigilant observer point ?????:rotfl2:

18. englishrose47

We Brits are special , we spend "pennies " all the time :rotfl2::rotfl2:

19. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Your spidey senses were right on. Sorry about that!

The next chapter I'll show my pictures of the suite, and I'm sure we'll work in some other assessments/thoughts as we go further along.

It looked like they were nice and high and had a very unobstructed view. :thumbsup2

That's great that they remember it favorably. I hope you can get back soon!

Sometimes writers are just lazy! (I've found out.)

Lots of suite pictures. :)

Where were you??!

And you're leaving soon too...when are you going? I won't get the pictures up until the weekend sometime -- I just got home from a meeting.

He sleeps like a rock, so it isn't as bad as it sounds!

Thank you. That helps.

:rotfl2: At first I was like, "Huh? Who's this Andrew person?" And then I realized it was someone from my own TR! Duh.

I love this idea though -- everyone should submit a creative write-up on what happened when I opened the door. :hyper: :clown:

20. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Well you certainly can't accuse me of posting updates too quickly! :laughing:

Thanks Jen!

You shoulda been there the night it happened....we were just about doubled-over with laughter. :lmao:

That's nice of you to give Marlene an excuse. Marlene wasn't even one of the two who had the quick turnaround...she had all the time in the world to pack an overnight bag. :headache:

I'll get some pictures posted over the weekend.

Yeah, I suppose.

Hmm, tough to say. :scratchin There were more trips on this occasion so that made it more of a pain -- but we were happier because we were at the resort. I'll still go with more trips = bigger pain.

Oh you got that right! I eventually got in my fair share, and then some.

:goodvibes

It might have had something to do with the fact that I have about 25 room pictures, which is the max for a DIS-post, so I cut it off there. Or, I could've just been lazy. Or both.

You can probably get an idea from the X on the map. ;)

I couldn't believe how low the clearance was...there wasn't any question that I shouldn't have tried going under!

Oh, you missed the campfire? I'll have a post on that, but it was nice although probably geared for younger-aged kids than mine. I didn't look for the grills, so didn't notice them but I probably walked right by them.

I think you posted a little while before that. I thought you might be in the running to get this rounds points. :confused3

21. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

10 cents? You must have a lot of extra opinions. ;)

They don't mind if you order 5 or 6 sides. :rolleyes2

I forget, have you been there? I know you've been to Hilton Head.

At least on this leg of the trip! :rolleyes1

Yep. I may have said this in the write-up, but I like it because it's around 2/3 of the trip, and makes it a little easier on Day 2 of the driving.

It took us about 14 hours, including stops for restaurants (although remember at Hardee's I didn't technically "stop" ;)) and gas and um, other necessities.

I think I was looking a little pale. Now that you mention it, she did say several times, "The AED device is located right here. In case you, ah, need it." :rotfl2: (just kidding)

Thanks Stringbean. More info. coming soon!

Stay tuned Dee. :) Yep, the firepit was just a stones-throw away.