City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

Loved reading about Lauren and Judy's experiences in New York.

How cool is it that the guy from the Today Show recognized Lauren?

That was very sweet of you to give your food to a homeless person. I do that when we go to lunch as a group from the office downtown and I have leftovers. I don't like giving them money either as I fear they'll spend it on stuff they shouldn't.

Uh Hello - If you are posting you are not watching.... :rolleyes1

at least not at that moment anyway. :lmao:

Good point Pat!

Okay then I am back to one first I mistake apaper bag for Judy's arm then get her and Lauren's arm muxed dip!!All I see in the card pix is wjhat looks like a guy with jeans and sneakers???:lmao:

The guy in jeans and sneakers is to the left side, Judy is more toward the right.

The boys need to check out my Provincetown update !!I can't wait for their comments:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I finally made it over to your thead, sorry about that. It's so hard keeping up with all these threads and do updates and replies.

It's called commercials! :( I'm not AT the game............ :rolleyes2

I tried to post during a commercial. :rolleyes:

Neeeded time to come up with the perfect reply!!!:confused3:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Feel free to take more time, if you need to! :lmao:

actually glenn the correct answer is three, but people are not getting the third one...correct anyway. so in addition to pats two correct sightings we have a third correct image with a judy in it.

i circled the image reflection below...look closely it is her.

judy.png
So, the first homeless person we saw, we gave them our food. The man had a shopping cart and was pushing it up the street. It looked like everything he owned was in there. Behind him was what looked to be his wife with her own shopping cart. When I gave him the food, he said, “For me?” Of course I told him it was. Then he smiled real wide and his eyes lit up as he thanked us. His wife did too. I was glad I could help someone in need. Mom started crying at their reaction, as per usual.
very good story and a nice thought to do with the leftovers :thumbsup2

I laughed so hard when I read this.

Hi Firecracker! :welcome: Thanks for commenting!

It never really occurs to me that some of the things we say down south (I'm originally from MS) are funny to others until someone points it out. For example, I was shopping with a friend who happens to be a Boston native, and when I told her I thought I needed a buggy, she laughed at me. Also, fly flap. I guess most call it a swatter.

"Buggy", I've heard, but don't use...we say cart. Fly flap is a new one for me! Do you say "mash" when referring to pressing a keyboard button?

But for the record, I've never been told to "dip" my credit card.

Yeah, that was a new one for me too.

Another awesome update!

Thanks Squidgy!

Best moment has to be with the homeless people, that made me smile :)

Aw, good.

amazing coincidence on the train too, and what's a trip without some drama to go with it? ;)

I don't know, but it makes for a lame trip report. ;)

Glad to hear they got away safely though! Sounds like an exciting end to the trip!

It was a packed few days.

I'm glad to hear that you found a homeless couple that was happy to have your leftovers. That was very nice of you to give them away!

Judy was hoping that the guy was okay with spicy food. :scared:

Your NYC adventure was definitely exciting up to the every end!! Yay for a fun trip...and another fun trip right afterwards!!

They had a great time. Now that we know how easy it is, we were thinking of a day-trip towards the end of the summer but it didn't work out.

Ah yes, it is obvious when the Rules Committee points it out....... :rotfl2:

That's more like it. ;)

Based on that information, I will revise my Judy guess to 3 Judy's in the Today Show picture, the dip card pic, and............if you zoom in on Lauren's eyes in the fifth picture, you can clearly see a reflection of Judy taking that close up picture in Lauren's right eye......... ::yes:: :)

Oops, my right, Lauren's left..........the reflection in her right eye is a little too blurry to make a positive ID......... :goodvibes

That's getting a little extreme. I think we can award you a special "wooden spoon" point though! :hyper:

OMG!!Now we are looking at Pop cans and how do we know it is Judy, by a Vera bag:rolleyes1:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Okay I am doomed to failure !!:worried::(;):lmao:

OMG!!Now we are looking at Pop cans and how do we know it is Judy, by a Vera bag:rolleyes1:rotfl2::rotfl2:

just calling out the reflection.

to be to sad that i should win this round, but will sadly not as glenn for some reason doesnt see what is correct.

right marv.
:rolleyes1

Wow! I'm not even groveling and marvali sticks up for my guess. Thanks, bud!

Dee

I think he had a good time arguing!

Fantastic finale to your NYC trip, Lauren! The food looked great, sorry you didn't enjoy it more. But what a nice idea (and suggestion) to pass it along to the homeless couple.

I think they still enjoyed dinner, and it felt good to help that couple, even if only a little bit.

That is really cool that you ran into the guy from the Today show. You really ARE famous- you have been recognized on the street!

Yep. And by my calculations they should still have about 14 minutes of fame left!

Your story about the garage ticket was hilarious!!! So funny that you were down to the wire in getting out. I could just picture the gate shutting and you sneaking out of there Mission Impossible style.

I'm picturing them crashing the gate! "Let them truckers roll, 10-4!"

Very nice job on the report!

On behalf of Lauren, thanks Dee!

Now there's a combination. Breakfast (or dinner) of champions.

She's eating dorm food now -- she had to start preparing her stomach back in June.

How's your tofu these days, Glenn? :rotfl2:

<in Jim Carrey voice> "Yummy!" link

Sounds like you raised a good woman there. :thumbsup2

Thank you sir. I think so!

:confused3You'd think they would at least have some bbq or honey-mustard sauce there or something.

SheepDip.jpg

That doesn't sound so sad to me.

Yeah, me either!

You really did have the full NYC experience!

Yes, they selected the full NYC experience, but with the "sans-mugging" option.

You're trying to get that song stuck in my head, aren't you? Nope. Not gonna do it.

Not...gonna..sing...it... :bitelip:

Aw c'mon....you know it...."It's a world of laughter, a world of tears...."

Still, it's neat that you ran into each other again.

Pretty amazing.

My goodness. I'm glad you found it, although it would have been fun to hear about you trying to bribe the parking attendant with a blue I <3 NY t-shirt.

In a size Ladies Small. Maybe Medium, what do I know.

That is wrong in so many ways, but after seeing your trip planning spreadsheets, I know this thing is right up your alley. :lmao::rotfl2:

I was taking MBA classes when I ran across it, so found it hilarious. I guess you're impressed that I could find it again.

The Mythbusters. We can investigate it, then we can blow the taxi up! :thumbsup2

Now yer talkin!

But this year, I can see across the top of the corn. :thumbsup2 :headache:

Not good. Not good at all.

That is about the only thing there I'd eat... :rotfl2::lmao:

We could probably get you dozen of those little bitty ears of corn that you sometimes find in Chinese food!

:thumbsup2 Nicely done! That was a generous thing to do.

It was nice that they could do that.

I guess they can't all be the party train.

They are when I'm along! :banana: ;)

:eek::eek::eek: You're a celebrity!

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: Small world...

Stalkers, paparazzi, and all that entails.

:headache: Don't you hate it when that happens. It's like that spot is a black hole that sucks up everything you drop.

You're right! That spot is tiny, yet everything is drawn to it!

Wow, you just get home and then have to start packing again. That's a shame. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Rough life for them, isn't it.
annoyed.gif

Loved reading about Lauren and Judy's experiences in New York.

Thanks Kathy. I'm glad you liked it.

How cool is it that the guy from the Today Show recognized Lauren?

Well they probably spent a couple of hours cooped-up in the same waiting area so I'm not surprised that he recognized her, but it's funny that they took the same train on Sunday to the same stop.

That was very sweet of you to give your food to a homeless person. I do that when we go to lunch as a group from the office downtown and I have leftovers. I don't like giving them money either as I fear they'll spend it on stuff they shouldn't.

You're kind-hearted! :goodvibes

actually glenn the correct answer is three, but people are not getting the third one...correct anyway. so in addition to pats two correct sightings we have a third correct image with a judy in it.

You know what, I saw that before I posted and I knew you'd get it, so was kind of waiting to do replies....but then I figured that you might be away for the holiday weekend so went ahead without it. The Rules Committee got such grief the last time over a much more obvious Judy, that we decided to let this one go. In honor of your find, I'll give you a special "Eagle Eye" point.

very good story and a nice thought to do with the leftovers :thumbsup2

:)

You've gotta look closely!

to be to sad that i should win this round, but will sadly not as glenn for some reason doesnt see what is correct.

right marv.

I guess I'll have to change his Wooden Spoon award to an Eagle Eye point too.

Updated scores:

Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
Pat - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Rosie - 1 Judy-sighting win
Marvin - 3 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:
Kelly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Mark - 1 Judy-sighting win
Molly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Dan - 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:

You know what, I saw that before I posted and I knew you'd get it, so was kind of waiting to do replies....but then I figured that you might be away for the holiday weekend so went ahead without it.
well just going away for a day trip this weekend not extended time.

but thanks for considering me.:thumbsup2

nothing coming up for a while on going away trips:rolleyes1

The Rules Committee got such grief the last time over a much more obvious Judy, that we decided to let this one go. In honor of your find, I'll give you a special "Eagle Eye" point.

Updated scores:

Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
Pat - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Rosie - 1 Judy-sighting win
Marvin - 3 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:
Kelly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Mark - 1 Judy-sighting win
Molly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Dan - 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:
sweet on the board, and in my opinion an eagle eye is much better than a regular sighting point.

:banana:

That's getting a little extreme. I think we can award you a special "wooden spoon" point though! :hyper:
Oh wow, this time I actually copied the picture and zoomed in on it. I suspected as close as Judy had to be, and Lauren looking right at her, it HAD to be there and sure enough it was. :thumbsup2 You can also see the reflection of what looks like a window or doorway behind Judy in her eye.

The reflection in the right eye is a little blurry, especially when you zoom, but in the left eye is really clear. Reflections are reflections right? Whether in a "had to be" mirror, or in a "sure to be" eyeball! :confused3

right marv.
Well it appears reflections are only reflections when they can be argued to justify the errency of the Rules Committee............ :(

I am just gonna say it is a reflection if I see a blur and insist I blew it up and with my right eye could see the VERA bag which is all the proof you need:idea::rolleyes1:3dglasses:lmao::lmao::lmao:
I could also post some pix of whale watching and insist a whale was there even if there wasn't :rolleyes1:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm so glad Judy and Lauren finally got off their feet and got something to eat. They were making me tired!

The food looks good but I was just thinking about how much sodium is in Chinese food. I've been trying to do low sodium and yes once you cut back you really taste the salt in everything.

I loved that they gave their leftovers to the homeless couple and that they appreciated it too. I have to admit it did cross my mind that it was food they had eaten off, but Judy did have a good point. It is better than out of the dumpster. Have to put things into perspective. It's not like the episode of Seinfeld when George ate the eclair out of the garbage at Susan's parents house.

I've never heard of dipping your card. I have lived in the South my entire life and I don't "mash" buttons but I do like mashed potatoes. Believe it or not even the south says different things depending on where in the south you happen to be.

How very ironic that they ran into the same guy on the train and at the same stop. I have to agree, small world. I was on pins and needles while reading about looking for the parking ticket. That would be something that would happen to me. I always put things in a same place and forget where that safe place is.

Ok, ready for the next chapter.

Wow - I really enjoyed reading about the mother-daughter trip to NYC. I haven't been in years and years; I look forward to taking my DD one day when she is older. :lovestruc

glennbo123 said:
Before we get to your question&#133;:welcome: mel_ntu!! Thanks for joining in!

Thanks Glenn. I am a long term fan (ok, stalker..) of your work.

My best friend and I spent 5 days in NYC as our 18th birthday present, and I also spent a portion of my honeymoon there so lots of excellent memories being brought back from Lauren's trip.

I wish her all the best at College, I adored my time at university and if I have one piece of advice, it's to enjoy every minute. The time flies!!!

, I was shopping with a friend who happens to be a Boston native, and when I told her I thought I needed a buggy, she laughed at me. Also, fly flap. I guess most call it a swatter.

But for the record, I've never been told to "dip" my credit card.

I have heard buggy but still use cart or shopping cart.

Good point Pat!

I tried to post during a commercial. :rolleyes:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Someone has to keep Marv in line. :rolleyes1

"Buggy", I've heard, but don't use...we say cart. Fly flap is a new one for me! Do you say "mash" when referring to pressing a keyboard button?

Fly flap is new for me too. I wil still say push instead of mash and even have a hard time with y'all. :lmao: Youse guys flows better off my tongue but I don't break it out much. :rotfl2: I have pretty much retired the YO unless it is urgent or I am going all Ricky Ricardo on somebody. :rotfl2:

I will wait for Marv to chime in on all the "southernisms" since being born and bred in the South I am sure there are plenty.

well just going away for a day trip this weekend not extended time.

but thanks for considering me.:thumbsup2

I hope you have a great time.

nothing coming up for a while on going away trips:rolleyes1

No Hawaii for a while huh?

sweet on the board, and in my opinion an eagle eye is much better than a regular sighting point.

:banana:

It definitely sounds impressive. ::yes::

No, only elevator buttons. :cutie:

Ahhh, I knew you mashed something. ;)

Oh wow, this time I actually copied the picture and zoomed in on it. I suspected as close as Judy had to be, and Lauren looking right at her, it HAD to be there and sure enough it was. :thumbsup2 You can also see the reflection of what looks like a window or doorway behind Judy in her eye.

And you can see that she forgot to put in an earring, and there's some lint on her shoulder, and, and.... :rotfl:

The reflection in the right eye is a little blurry, especially when you zoom, but in the left eye is really clear. Reflections are reflections right? Whether in a "had to be" mirror, or in a "sure to be" eyeball! :confused3

Well it appears reflections are only reflections when they can be argued to justify the errency of the Rules Committee............ :(

You got an 'Eagle Eye' point :magnify"

I am just gonna say it is a reflection if I see a blur and insist I blew it up and with my right eye could see the VERA bag which is all the proof you need:idea::rolleyes1:3dglasses:lmao::lmao::lmao:
I could also post some pix of whale watching and insist a whale was there even if there wasn't :rolleyes1:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I saw a whale with a Vera bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter