City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

I also had a chocolate milkshake with my dinner of Mu Shoo Pork. Mom had some sort of spicy chicken dish. I remember that she kept commenting on how hot it was, so it must’ve been pretty hot.

I actually didn’t care for the food because it was really salty. Mom said it was probably because we normally don’t eat that much salt anymore, for Dad’s sake. Therefore, I wasn’t used to so much at once. The milkshake was good though.

Moo shu is good but it is salty by itself and plum sauce even more so. And I imagine the contrast of that and the shake made it even more noticeable. that is so great they appreciated the food. We've had situations where it was refused and that just makes me sad, people who didn't want the food or coffee... just money to spend it on you don't know what.

That was quite the adventure getting out of the garage, very glad you found the ticket. How fun that you ran into that couple. Again and again and again!

Trip report intermission? NO!!!

Ok I am NOT seeing Judy anywhere but the partial from the Today show so I'm going with 1.

It's a Small World after all! It's a Small World after all!! :rolleyes1

How cool that Lauren and Judy just happen to get on the train and end up with the guy standing behind them at the Today Show! :banana: Those dumplings look really good, and so does Lauren's meal. Not sure about a chocolate milkshake with Moo Shu Pork though............. :eek:

Tell Judy to keep her arm out of the food!!! :rotfl: So messy!!! :rolleyes1

The Rules Committee doesn't think there's an "arm on table" pic that's Judy, so you'll need to clarify. If it's picture #3, that's Lauren....same moo shu pork wrap on the plate as picture #5.

Seriously............you post an update on opening night of college football? :headache: I realize Penn St is pretty much done now as a football program, but sheesh!!!! :confused3 Worthy of losing your man card that is!!! ::yes::

Uh Hello - If you are posting you are not watching.... :rolleyes1

at least not at that moment anyway. :lmao:

Okay then I am back to one first I mistake apaper bag for Judy's arm then get her and Lauren's arm muxed dip!!All I see in the card pix is wjhat looks like a guy with jeans and sneakers???:lmao:

It kinda reminded me of how Dad told me the people in the south sometimes say “What button do I mash?”, when referring to a computer keyboard.

I laughed so hard when I read this. It never really occurs to me that some of the things we say down south (I'm originally from MS) are funny to others until someone points it out. For example, I was shopping with a friend who happens to be a Boston native, and when I told her I thought I needed a buggy, she laughed at me. Also, fly flap. I guess most call it a swatter.

But for the record, I've never been told to "dip" my credit card.

Another awesome update! Best moment has to be with the homeless people, that made me smile :) amazing coincidence on the train too, and what's a trip without some drama to go with it? ;)

Glad to hear they got away safely though! Sounds like an exciting end to the trip!

I'm glad to hear that you found a homeless couple that was happy to have your leftovers. That was very nice of you to give them away!

Your NYC adventure was definitely exciting up to the every end!! Yay for a fun trip...and another fun trip right afterwards!!

The Rules Committee doesn't think there's an "arm on table" pic that's Judy, so you'll need to clarify. If it's picture #3, that's Lauren....same moo shu pork wrap on the plate as picture #5.
Ah yes, it is obvious when the Rules Committee points it out....... :rotfl2:

Based on that information, I will revise my Judy guess to 3 Judy's in the Today Show picture, the dip card pic, and............if you zoom in on Lauren's eyes in the fifth picture, you can clearly see a reflection of Judy taking that close up picture in Lauren's right eye......... ::yes:: :)

Oops, my right, Lauren's left..........the reflection in her right eye is a little too blurry to make a positive ID......... :goodvibes

I will concede that the zoomed in portion is indeed Judy based on reason and a high probability if the Rules Committee will concede that there is enough confusion with this picture that it will also award natebenma a point in the contest for recognizing such in their submitted guess which was first, and quoted here:

"I'm going with the 1 obvious Judy. Could be one in the reflection in the Kleinfeld's window, but I couldn't make it out.

So 1."

And no, I don't think I have a clue who natebenma is so no personal agenda, but IMO it is the only completely fair ruling. :thumbsup2

Wow! I'm not even groveling and marvali sticks up for my guess. Thanks, bud!

Dee

The Rules Committee thinks that we’ve had more than enough debate on this….even Judy agrees that it’s her. The ruling stands. Time to move on!

:thumbsup2

Oh well natebenma, I tried....... :confused3
:rotfl2:

Thanks, again!

Fantastic finale to your NYC trip, Lauren! The food looked great, sorry you didn't enjoy it more. But what a nice idea (and suggestion) to pass it along to the homeless couple.

That is really cool that you ran into the guy from the Today show. You really ARE famous- you have been recognized on the street!

Your story about the garage ticket was hilarious!!! So funny that you were down to the wire in getting out. I could just picture the gate shutting and you sneaking out of there Mission Impossible style.

Very nice job on the report!

I also had a chocolate milkshake with my dinner of Mu Shoo Pork.

Now there's a combination. Breakfast (or dinner) of champions.

I actually didn’t care for the food because it was really salty. Mom said it was probably because we normally don’t eat that much salt anymore, for Dad’s sake.

How's your tofu these days, Glenn? :rotfl2:

When I gave him the food, he said, “For me?” Of course I told him it was. Then he smiled real wide and his eyes lit up as he thanked us. His wife did too. I was glad I could help someone in need. Mom started crying at their reaction, as per usual.

Sounds like you raised a good woman there. :thumbsup2

The screen said, “please dip your card” and I took a picture. Who says that?

:confused3You'd think they would at least have some bbq or honey-mustard sauce there or something.

Sadly, there were no dancing boys on this one.

That doesn't sound so sad to me.

It didn’t take us long at all and we realized that the taxi driver at the beginning of our trip had taken us for an extended ride. Oh well, what can you do now?

You really did have the full NYC experience!

Then, a man and woman sat down beside us and when they did, he said, “Weren’t you on the Today show?” Now this wasn’t because he watched it and saw me, this was because he was standing behind me when it happened. Remember him now?

You're trying to get that song stuck in my head, aren't you? Nope. Not gonna do it.

Finally, we arrived at Hamilton, NJ. It turned out they were getting off at the same stop. We laughed at this as well and then said our goodbyes. Mom and I got off and headed out but she needed to find the ticket before we got to the garage. So, the two caught up to us again and they asked us if we lived around there. We said we didn’t and they did. But we got to talk a little more and then we parted ways.

Not...gonna..sing...it... :bitelip:

Still, it's neat that you ran into each other again.

Then Mom asked me where the ticket was and searching chaos ensued. We looked high and low for that ticket and couldn’t find it. We tossed every piece of paper in that car around looking for it, to no avail. Mom told me that we had to be out of the garage in fifteen minutes and we were losing time. I watched as several cars passed us and time ticked by. Finally, we saw it between the console and the driver’s seat. I tried sticking my hand down there, but there wasn’t room and I attempted to use tweezers, but that failed as well. Then, Mom started moving the seat and I was able to grab it.

My goodness. I'm glad you found it, although it would have been fun to hear about you trying to bribe the parking attendant with a blue I <3 NY t-shirt.

I don’t know about that, but you reminded me of something I found very funny a few years ago. Somebody converted the Gettysburg Address to powerpoint slides, as it might appear had it been given today. I had the powerpoint file stashed away, so converted the slides to jpeg’s for your enjoyment:
That is wrong in so many ways, but after seeing your trip planning spreadsheets, I know this thing is right up your alley. :lmao::rotfl2:

Hmmm, with some scrapings and petri dishes we could find out…but who wants to conduct that experiment?!
The Mythbusters. We can investigate it, then we can blow the taxi up! :thumbsup2

Says the guy surrounded by cornfields. ;)
But this year, I can see across the top of the corn. :thumbsup2 :headache:

I also had a chocolate milkshake
That is about the only thing there I'd eat... :rotfl2::lmao:

When I gave him the food, he said, “For me?” Of course I told him it was. Then he smiled real wide and his eyes lit up as he thanked us. His wife did too. I was glad I could help someone in need. Mom started crying at their reaction, as per usual.
:thumbsup2 Nicely done! That was a generous thing to do.

Sadly, there were no dancing boys on this one.
I guess they can't all be the party train.

“Weren’t you on the Today show?”
:eek::eek::eek: You're a celebrity!

Now this wasn’t because he watched it and saw me, this was because he was standing behind me when it happened. Remember him now?
:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: Small world...

Finally, we saw it between the console and the driver’s seat. I tried sticking my hand down there, but there wasn’t room and I attempted to use tweezers, but that failed as well
:headache: Don't you hate it when that happens. It's like that spot is a black hole that sucks up everything you drop.

Then, we finally got home and started packing to leave the next day for Florida.
Wow, you just get home and then have to start packing again. That's a shame. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

2 judys !!Do I have to say where or do I just win!!

Yes, you have to tell me where.

2 Judys One in the dip - a reflection and the Today one.

That is correct, and you told me where! :thumbsup2 ::yes::

Edit answer to one Judy !!I mistook the paper bag for her arm !!!:rotfl2:The only one is a partial next to Lauren in the Today pix !!Of course Marv will prolly get out a magnifying glass and blow up the pix to find a shadow or a part of a finger !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Oops back to 2 the pix of the food has a Judy arm in it !!

Lots of back and forth on these guesses Rosie!

3 Judy's...........arm on table, at Today show, and reflection in the Dip YOur Card pic

We already went over it, but that was Lauren's arm.

Ok I am NOT seeing Judy anywhere but the partial from the Today show so I'm going with 1.

Good guess, but Judy acknowledged that you can detect her by her Vera bag in the screen of the "dip your card" picture.

Pat wins this round! :cheer2: :bride:

Updated scores:
Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
Pat - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Rosie - 1 Judy-sighting win
Marvin - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Kelly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Mark - 1 Judy-sighting win
Molly - 1 Judy-sighting win

Lauren how sweet that you gave away your leftovers to the homeless couple !!!

When they told me that story after they got back, I said, "but you ate off of it!" and they said, "they're eating out of dumpsters, don't you think they'd rather have this?" Yeah, I suppose so.

Seriously............you post an update on opening night of college football? :headache: I realize Penn St is pretty much done now as a football program, but sheesh!!!! :confused3 Worthy of losing your man card that is!!! ::yes::

Yeah, with that whole situation I might as well cancel my cable subscription. :(

Quite the adventurers. I am not so sure I would be all over like Lauren and Judy were.

New York City, commando-style.
salute.gif

They did make rope-drop, after all!

How nice to give the leftovers to the homeless.

:goodvibes

Dip the card. Gee Never heard that one either.

Me either. Had you heard the button-mashing one?
smiley-face-pcwhack.gif

Moo shu is good but it is salty by itself and plum sauce even more so. And I imagine the contrast of that and the shake made it even more noticeable.

Moo shu pork isn't one of our standard Chinese take-out orders, so she probably didn't know what to expect.

that is so great they appreciated the food. We've had situations where it was refused and that just makes me sad, people who didn't want the food or coffee... just money to spend it on you don't know what.

It was nice....definitely gave Judy and Lauren some warm fuzzies.

That was quite the adventure getting out of the garage, very glad you found the ticket. How fun that you ran into that couple. Again and again and again!

See, New York isn't so big after all. :laughing: I think there's a scene in "Crocodile Dundee" where right after he arrives in NYC Mick says "See ya 'round" to someone, and the guy is like "yeah, right!", but then later he actually does. :rotfl2:

Trip report intermission? NO!!!

I'm not planning on taking a hiatus if that's what it sounded like. I'll just post something completely different before we start on the Vero portion. :)

It's a Small World after all! It's a Small World after all!! :rolleyes1

Well you know, that guy got on camera too and TV celebrities all travel in the same circles. :rolleyes2

How cool that Lauren and Judy just happen to get on the train and end up with the guy standing behind them at the Today Show! :banana:

The head-massager guy!

Those dumplings look really good, and so does Lauren's meal. Not sure about a chocolate milkshake with Moo Shu Pork though............. :eek:

I thought the dumplimgs looked awesome. ::yes::

Apparently she liked the milkshake better than the pork.

Tell Judy to keep her arm out of the food!!! :rotfl: So messy!!! :rolleyes1

I probably should have been there to help them mind their manners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!