Cinderella's New Look

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by cousinorville3, Aug 1, 2012.

1. ghoweywilson

ghoweywilson Earning My Ears

I totally understand and agree if you were talking about a Bratz doll but I fail to see these things you're describing in the new Disney princess dolls.

Belle's always been posed looking over her shoulder. I personally don't associate her wearing more makeup now as her asking for sex. Same goes for the new costumes. I don't see how they are provocative in the least. Princesses have long been associated with makeup anyways do the majority of guests not go have their daughters 'made over' makeup and all at the BBB every trip? Disney means it to be fun not sexual. Our adult minds are making these things sexual not our childrens.

Though I'm not a fan of Belle's crazy long hair or Cinderella's new side bangs and bun Disney needed to modernize their princesses or risk having youth think of them as old and outdated down the line. I work at a daycare and the sad reality is a lot of girls don't care about the older disney princesses anymore. They're dated and unrelatable. If changing a princesses dress makes her as important to my daughter as they are to me that's awesome. This does not change the princesses individual morals and values. I can assure you Aurora won't be hitting on your husbands on your next trip to Disney.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lucky626

Lucky626 Earning My Ears

I gave my girlfriend some Cinderella themed gifts for her birthday last week including the new blu-ray movie. Well I got the gift bag from Walmart featuring the new Cinderella and she definitely noticed the difference right away but she said she didn't mind it. She thought it was done well and she's not a big fan of change like the new Strawberry Shortcake she doesn't like. She hasn't seen the new Belle though and that's her favorite character so I don't think that will go over as well.

4. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

To me, the new Cinderella looks like she's had some sort of plastic surgery. The face is thinner, angular, the cheeks are actually very pushed in.

I just don't see the need to change them :confused3 It's not like they're not already raking in millions or more into Disney. Why change them?

5. bwang123

bwang123 Posts: 1,457,177,981

Because the old Cinderella was drawn decades ago and they are appealing to younger children with a new style. They also changed the Sesame Street theme song too.

6. BiancaBernard&Penny

BiancaBernard&Penny Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these yea

May I say I'm relieved that they changed that thing on her head. It's not where a headband should be. It covers her ears completely. Was it head phones? It doesn't look remotely like anything worn in any historical era. I always thought it looked like someone screwed a ribbon around her head to the area in front of her ears ?? I like the new earring and headband set.

7. rustyanchor

rustyanchor Mouseketeer

Cinderella's headband has always bothered me too... and her TERRIBLE bangs! It's a minor thing I know, but still. If they have fixed her hair then I can't help but be behind the changes. Does this mean that most of the princesses in the parks will look different now?

8. Rhiannona

Rhiannona Landlocked Mermaid

I'm going to state an opposite opinon. I don't feel like the poses are overly sexualized. As a composition it has a nice flow from character to character. It reminds me that most of them were twirling or dancing. I see no make up change to complain about. Everyone has their feathers up in a ruffle but never complains that Ariel got married at age 16.

I love the new designs. There are so many various princess designs that I have seen and it's always nice to see a new installment. Its not like they ARENT ever going back to old cindy.

9. t_daniels

t_daniels <font color=deeppink>They'll NEVER be replaced<br>

I've heard that they will be getting "slight" makeovers.
    But, I'm not a CM, and have no connections with Disney - so take it with salt. :)

10. ThroughLookingGlass

ThroughLookingGlass “Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzl

I absolutely loathe the new way the princesses look on the merchandise. They look stupid, why do we have to 'modernize' them? They're all from 100's of years ago!

11. ceemys

ceemys DIS Veteran

Ugh! I hate them! My 5 y/o refused to get a Cinderella or any princess backpack this school year as she has had in the past. Neither of my girls like any of the new looks. Especially Cinderella....she doesn't even look like herself. and Belle's hair!?!? nasty! Aurora doesn't look like herself either.

Bad Move on Disney. I hope it fails big time!

12. t_daniels

t_daniels <font color=deeppink>They'll NEVER be replaced<br>

Aw.:( I'm sorry! I'd be doubly sad if my kids didn't want them...

13. ukool

ukool Mouseketeer

What have they done to Belle??!! Im all for change but thats just wrong!

14. coloneldebugger

coloneldebugger Mouseketeer

Should they go back to the whistling Steamboat Mickey too?

15. ses1230

ses1230 DIS Veteran

16. Fantasmiss

Fantasmiss DIS Veteran

Oh, I'd LOVE to meet Steamboat Willy-Mickey in the park! Wow... :)

17. meggiebeth

meggiebeth Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow

Me too! That would be awesome!

18. chimilady

chimilady DIS Veteran

Really? Bleh, I don't like the sleeves and how it shows more skin. Definitely don't like the dangling earrings, I mean she's Cinderella, isn't she already princessy enough? And I really hate the bun. French twist is classic, bun on the top of your head is not. Glad we got to see the right Cinderella before she was gone from the parks.

19. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

20. awoogala

awoogala Mouseketeer

yes, her dress looks like it might just slide right off at any moment. Not too classy.

21. rebeccaariel

rebeccaariel DIS Veteran

I really don't mind the new dress. It's more ballgown-esque, which is very Cinderella. As for the skin showing, it's just collar bones. It's not like her cleavage is out. It's really not the hootchie-mama outfit people are making it out to be.

The hair I could do without. It just isn't Cinderella for me. At least children can still recognize her though. I was worried they'd change her completely, like the new cartoon princesses they've put on all their merchandise who look nothing like the original princesses and are covered in glitter (blegh)