• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CINDERELLA!!!! The Vandy girls are BACK!!!**UPDATE 8-8-09! THE END-FINALLY! Page 83**

so now that the titans AND the giants lost this weekend, football season is officially over for me. oh, well. THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR. (i hate saying that.) i really don't have ANY sort of interest in any of the teams left. i know that sounds bad but i don't. i can't stand phillip rivers from san diego (sorry, jordan, but he runs his mouth too much) and i REALLY can't stand ray lewis from baltimore. and i grew up with my stepmom's parents (who are from pennsylvania) shoving the steelers down my throat. so i'm guessing i'm going to be pulling for whoever the NFC champs are (either arizona or philadelphia). i think i got all that straight! :rotfl: but i honestly don't even know if i'm going to watch it!

congrats if your team won this weekend!
I hear ya! I was upset about the Giants losing.....oh well I guess! I sure wanted to see Eli in the super bowl again!

my hope for the Super Bowl now...? Hard to say..

Who I want at this point? Cards vs. Steelers

Who I think? Philly vs. too close to call....

I will be in China during the Super Bowl so I don't know if I'll be able to catch it.

I'm bummed about the Giants and the Chargers.

Don't worry about the Philip Rivers comment Dawn. I'm not a huge Rivers fan myself. I do like LT.

steelers%20logo.jpg

okay....enough football talk! (until sunday. :rotfl: )

Finally caught up! You had dinner with GlendaMax! How fun! I'm glad you liked Boma. I was just thinking that I loved that jungle juice, and it would be good to order a shot of vodka to put in it ;) Your pics around pop are so fun!

she was so sweet! i'm glad we got to meet her. i think vodka in the jungle juice could be good. :thumbsup2

so i wanted to let you guys know that i went to the grocery store today and got all the ingredients to attempt to make the chicken pepperpot soup i had at boma! i found the recipe online and figured it was really cold this weekend - no better time to try! so wish me luck. i will give you the recipe if it turns out good.

just in case you don't remember, the soup is in the bowl on the right below and it was SO YUMMY!!!!!

05.jpg

What time should we be at the dinner table?

I love making Disney recipes. I hope it turns out great!

Hi, hope your soup turn out just like the one at Boma. I havn't eaten there yet, we are planning to go for breakfast. The place looks so pretty. I want the juice and a zebra dome. :)

The Boardwalk looks so nice in the evening with all the lights. I would love to take a stroll down the path.

POP looks like so much fun, I like the Twister and the Potatoe Heads. :thumbsup2

I think Ray would hop in his car and come down to get you, if you decided to stay there. Not happening, I'm sure. :lmao:

okay....just finished my first batch and it's good. the only complaints i have are it's too salty and not quite as thick as the soup at boma was. not quite sure what to do about the thickness though. i know next time i'm gonna buy low sodium chicken broth. i asked ray if he thought if i reduced the amount of soy sauce for the next batch that it would reduce the saltiness and he said it would probably ruin the flavor. so i'm not gonna do that. now i know to buy low sodium! anyway, here's the recipe if you're interested.

serves 8

~1 gallon (low sodium) chicken broth
~2 cups soy sauce
~2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
~2 tablespoons sugar
~2 teaspoons hot sauce
~2 teaspoons sesame oil
~1 red bell pepper, diced
~1 green bell pepper, diced
~1/2 poblano pepper, diced
~1 onion, diced
~1 cup spinach or collard greens, roughly chopped
~4 chicken breasts, diced
~1 cup mushrooms, diced
~1/4 cup lemon juice

~cook diced chicken. set aside. (it didn't say how to cook this - ray grilled it for me.)
~heat chicken stock, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, hot sauce and lemon juice.
~add all veggies and chicken. cook until the veggies are done.
~add spinach and sesame oil just before serving (i added it after all the veggies were done and then just reduced the heat to low).

If you put a potato in there for a while, it should soak up some of that salt. You might try it.

2 cups of soy sauce does sound like a lot, doesn't it?

If you put a potato in there for a while, it should soak up some of that salt. You might try it.

2 cups of soy sauce does sound like a lot, doesn't it?

thanks for the tip! i did it and it helped a little. next time i'll know to get low sodium chicken broth though! i think that'll help a lot.

Hey Vandy Girls! I am soooooooo behind on your report! But I do have 2 comments:

1. I've never been at AK long enough to see the parade. If I do get to go back in December, maybe I'll see it then.

2. Why doesnt Boma's food photograph well? :confused3 Everytime I show people pics of the food, they screw their faces up! Oh well, at least WE know it's GREAT!

Ok, hopefully, I'll catch up! Glad I didnt miss the boat altogether!

Smooches!
-Gmax

Why doesnt Boma's food photograph well? :confused3

Probably because it's a buffet, and we just don't plate it as well as a professional chef would.

I took my wife to a 4-star restaurant once and when they brought the entree's out she said, "Oh, the presentation!" I was like "whut?"

in addition to hte low sodium chicken brooth next time only add 1 cup of soy sauce (lite soy sauce) at first, when it is about done try it and if the flavor is there dont add the 2nd cup, if not then add a little more and let it simmer for a little when you add the extra soy sauce,

:wave2: hey, guys! i had to go back a few pages to find this! please don't desert us. we're still here! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter