Chunkymonkey & Chubbyhubby's Year of Disney PTR! NEW 12/27 THE END and New TR Link!

Yay that you fit in ROL too! We grabbed a Tusker House dinner one day so we could see it too. And I'm glad you didn't have too much trouble making Adrs for such a big party. I bet your niece meeting Cinderella is going to be adorable!

Ah, you are so close to your trip! While I'll be finishing up my parent-teacher conferences, you'll be at Disney!

As far as one big TR or separate ones, I'd probably go one big one just bc it can get confusing with two...but honestly, it's not that big of a deal so I'm good either way.

I think those are our final plans for next week! Looking forward to seeing old faces and meeting new ones!
Plans look great! Can't wait to read all about it afterwards!

but at least my niece will meet Cinderella on her actual birthday, her favorite princess!
Yay! So exciting!

So now I have to figure out daily plans, and how to do this whole rider swap thing.
Ok, so basically, on the Rider Swap, 3 people can ride with it. How many "too short" kids will you have? Because you can probably get more than 1 Rider Swap with that many people in your party if you have more than 1 too short kid. You'll just have to be 2 or 3 "parties" if that makes sense.

I'll explain what I know of it with a smaller family though. Let's say you had 2 adults and 3 kids (2 tall enough, 1 not). Adult1 and Kid1 and Kid2 book 7DMT. Adult2 and Kid3 book Pooh. All go up to 7DMT to show Kid3 is too short. Group1 will usually get a lanyard and then they will get the RS pass somewhere further along the queue. While they are riding, Group2 rides Pooh. Afterward, Adult2 can now ride 7DMT on the pass, and the 2 tall enough kids can ride again bc 3 people can ride on the pass. Or even adult1 can ride again, if say, adult2 doesn't like coasters. And the pass is usually good until the end of the month so it doesn't even have to be used right away.

However, another strategy is what we will do at Epcot. I'll book Test Track for me, Soarin for DH and AJ. Then we will get Rider Swap pass for each of these so the other can ride and AJ too if he wants. So Will kind of gets screwed here, but maybe we'll get him an ice cream or something while he's waiting. :) Or take him on a ride with little wait.

It can be a little confusing but I've gotten lots of help with understanding it from @hiroMYhero . I'm sure she can answer anymore questions you have if you want to make a separate post about it.

Last edited:
Tick-Tock!!!

You trip is coming right up!

I'm glad to hear that your recovery is progressing so well! Hopefully you will feel good in the parks and during the 5K.

Can't believe we leave tomorrow. I feel totally unprepared for this trip!

That is exciting about the Rivers of Light show. Can't wait to see your pictures!

Excited to see it! It's been a while in the making...

Congrats on getting your August dining reservations. They sound awesome for the kids and for the group!

I hope so! It may be a bit too many ADRS especially for the kids but I thought to make them now because they will probably not be available later!

Good question on the Fast Passes-

I have never used the rider swap, so I'm not exactly sure how that works.

I would get book some FP for thrill rides, but for some of the kiddie rides that can have a long wait, like Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan, having FP so you don't have to wait in line would be good. I'm not sure that you need FP for Dumbo now, with two rides and with the fun play area. Should you get FP for Barnstormer? I don't know! I have never been.

Thanks! I'm going to learn all I can about Rider Swap. Sounds like a great tool to use if you are willing to go through with the hassle because then some adults can go without needing an FP+

My preference for a trip report would be to have the report include dining. If you want to do a separate dining report you could always post those pieces in another report as you go.

:goodvibes

That's a good idea, and it's easier for me to just write one big one.

Wow! That booking for August sounds heinous. I just finished our July/Aug ADRs on Monday morning. I had to book the before and after (8/12-13) cruise parts separately. Sounds like a lot of good options. You will have a great time. I keep thinking I would love for family to join us on one of our WDW trips or a DCL cruise, but no one wants to spend the money:( Glad you are getting to see ROL. Tiffins is great. We will be heading back for our 3rd time in July. If you have time, get a drink or app at Nomad Lounge next door. I bet the view of Pandora at night will be very cool.

Booking for a large group can be tricky. In some cases I could book for 11 people and had my friend book for her family of 4 at the same time. Hopefully we can sit close together! The CRT was the biggest pain to book too. Plus we have to pay upfront. Tell me about it. I've been trying to convince my friends/family to come with us for years. Aside from Chunkysis no one really thought it was an investment, but now that our other sisters have kids I think they are beginning to realize they cannot escape from the call of Disney, buahahaha.

I am not even sure I know where Tiffins is. It was open on our last trip but we didn't see it. Then again we rarely explore parts of AK (I haven't been to Dinoland in years). And I don't even know where Rivers of Light is held, LOL. Hopefully it's a good show to go through all this trouble!

Not to usurp the thread, but if you can't get into French Laundry, try La Toque. We ate there several years ago now, when it was in Rutherford, but absolutely loved it. The chef came out to meet everyone, in his Converse no less. It was a very comfortable and delicious meal.

Mmm La Toque sounds like a good restaurant. I've also liked Girl and the Fig, Bottega, and Bouchon. There's lots of really nice restaurants in Yountville. Actually all over Napa/Sonoma. It's hard to choose!

I love your birthday present to yourself! It's perfectly fitting for your "princess" trip!

Thanks! I thought so too, hehe.

I'm trying really hard to fit ROL in somewhere! We had only planned on a half day at AK on the morning they have EMH, but I've seen videos of it and it looks like something I'd really like. Bummer they are only doing it on certain nights though

Yeah it sucks it's not every night otherwise the night you get there, before our drinks would be perfect for us as we have no plans that evening.

We are going to be at Epcot the night of the 25, have a dinner ADR at Teppan Edo, if you make it over we should get an early birthday Grey Goose slushy! ::yes::

Sounds good! I'll have to see if we can even make it to Epcot after our 7 hour SW walking tour, the day after the 5k with my lame ankle.. I guess I thought this was a good idea at some point...oh wait that was before I hurt my ankle! LOL.

I can't imagine trying to organize a trip for 15 people, good for you! That's amazing

If I didn't do anything, one one would have and we'd never be going to Disney, LOL. So I had to make this happen for my niece's 5th birthday!

I think I also prefer the dining report within the trip report. Perhaps you could just alternate chapters, dining/trip :confused3

That's a good idea. Shorter posts, with different topics. It'll be easy to pulll out the dining posts as well if I want to create a separate dining report.

Sorry I'm no help about the kid swap thing, we didn't even start going to Disney until Kiya was 5 and by that time she was up to riding pretty much everything we wanted.

LOL I'm sure we will be ok. Just have to read up on it and see a few real live examples.

Thank you for the good advice - I will make a note of that - I am flying blind and starting from scratch with wine country, so just starting my notes!

You're going to have an amazing time!

Fantastic plans all around, Su-Lynn! Looking forward to your report - and have a great birthday trip with lots of wonderful "firsts"!

Thank you!!

Yay that you fit in ROL too! We grabbed a Tusker House dinner one day so we could see it too. And I'm glad you didn't have too much trouble making Adrs for such a big party. I bet your niece meeting Cinderella is going to be adorable!

Hopefully it's worth the wait for the show!
I think I was lucky as I made ADRs on the first day. If I had waited any longer, I wouldn't have been able to get CRT!

Ah, you are so close to your trip! While I'll be finishing up my parent-teacher conferences, you'll be at Disney!

:)

As far as one big TR or separate ones, I'd probably go one big one just bc it can get confusing with two...but honestly, it's not that big of a deal so I'm good either way.

Gotcha! I will start writing and see how I feel about the two separate posts or one big posts.

Plans look great! Can't wait to read all about it afterwards!

Thanks! I hope it's a good trip...It's not starting out so good, as DH is sick as a dog. He's been heavily medicated since yesterday. I'm hoping by the race he'll be ok enough to run.

Ok, so basically, on the Rider Swap, 3 people can ride with it. How many "too short" kids will you have? Because you can probably get more than 1 Rider Swap with that many people in your party if you have more than 1 too short kid. You'll just have to be 2 or 3 "parties" if that makes sense.

I'll explain what I know of it with a smaller family though. Let's say you had 2 adults and 3 kids (2 tall enough, 1 not). Adult1 and Kid1 and Kid2 book 7DMT. Adult2 and Kid3 book Pooh. All go up to 7DMT to show Kid3 is too short. Group1 will usually get a lanyard and then they will get the RS pass somewhere further along the queue. While they are riding, Group2 rides Pooh. Afterward, Adult2 can now ride 7DMT on the pass, and the 2 tall enough kids can ride again bc 3 people can ride on the pass. Or even adult1 can ride again, if say, adult2 doesn't like coasters. And the pass is usually good until the end of the month so it doesn't even have to be used right away.

However, another strategy is what we will do at Epcot. I'll book Test Track for me, Soarin for DH and AJ. Then we will get Rider Swap pass for each of these so the other can ride and AJ too if he wants. So Will kind of gets screwed here, but maybe we'll get him an ice cream or something while he's waiting. :) Or take him on a ride with little wait.

It can be a little confusing but I've gotten lots of help with understanding it from @hiroMYhero . I'm sure she can answer anymore questions you have if you want to make a separate post about it.

Thank you so much! I'll definitely be reading up on this! @hiroMYhero is there a master rider swap thread somewhere or should I start a new thread on the Attractions forum?

Thank you so much! I'll definitely be reading up on this! @hiroMYhero is there a master rider swap thread somewhere or should I start a new thread on the Attractions forum?
There are quite a few threads on the FP subforum and TPAS. Here is a recent one with a sample:
Rider Switch Planning
PM me if you want me to check your Swap/Switch plans. :)

Year of Disney Trip #2 begins tonight!!

:jumping1:

If there ever was a ever trip I was so unprepared for, it's this one. Literally just finished packing this morning. We leave straight after work so there is not enough time to pack later.
Also, DH is really sick. He was a little sick last week, then we went away this weekend and I think he got sicker, like nonstop coughing, congestion, and everything blech. He finally went to the doctor yesterday and they said he has an upper respiratory infection and he got some antibiotics. I hope he'll be ok by race day, or at least comfortable enough to endure it. Furthermore, I'm scared that he got me sick! So I've been trying to be proactive and taking vitamin C and Airborne. Fingers crossed. I do not want what he has! :crazy2:

We may have to take it easy tomorrow. Maybe just go to the expo late, maybe forgo some of our FP+ just so DH could get some rest. I am really looking forward to our dinner at 1900 Park Fare though. I didn't tell DH that it was a character meal so he's in for a surprise. He was never one for character meals but he goes along with it because I do most of the planning anyways! :laughing:

The good news is that the weather looks pretty nice for most of our trip. @Elevationist is there right now and her pictures are getting me really excited! It looks like rain is in the forecast for the first half of tomorrow and no rain for the rest the trip. The nicest day looks to be my birthday on Monday! (Fingers crossed it stays that way.) The coldest day seems to be Sunday, when we're watching Rivers of Light. The low will dip to be 54 deg F. I may have to rethink my outfit for that day as we won't have time to stop back at the room. Maybe bring some pants and a jacket and get a locker somewhere.

I also had a really vivid dream whereby we missed the 5k...as in totally forgot to pick up our bibs and woke up late on race morning. It was so strange because it felt so real, I woke up and when I realized we weren't at Disney, I was surprised. I hope this is not a foreshadowing of what's to come! :rotfl:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I'll be back shortly with a link to my TR!!

See you real soon!

Have a great trip!! We leave on Saturday. I can't wait to get my Disney on!

Hi!! Have a great trip yourself! If you see me please say hi!!

There are quite a few threads on the FP subforum and TPAS. Here is a recent one with a sample:
Rider Switch Planning
PM me if you want me to check your Swap/Switch plans. :)

Thank you so much! I'll be sure to read the thread and hopefully get it to work for my family. I will PM if I have questions!

Woohoo, have a wonderful trip and good luck with the Princess 5K!!!!

Thank you!!

Good luck! I hope your DH feels better! And that your vivid missing the race dream doesn't come true :rotfl:

Also have fun! And happy early birthday!:cake: I look forward to seeing how your trip is going on insta.

Been here since Sunday and the weather has been perfect except yesterday which was a total washout! Stayed mostly indoors off my feet. Then went out in the rain and got my running shoes wet! Thank goodness for 1BR villa with W/D.

Last year we were here last week of July with 10 people ages 4 to 44. Children outnumber adults. The best thing we did for the kids is come early when its still manageable, go back to hotel at noon when its HOT and nap. Then return at night and stay until closing. We stayed at VGF.

Good luck to us for tomorrow!

I hope your DH feels better and you don't get his infection. We bring a Z-pack with us on trips just in case, plus I pack Mucinex, coughing pills, anti Diarrhea meds, and anything else I could think of!

Good luck on the 5K!

Good luck! I hope your DH feels better! And that your vivid missing the race dream doesn't come true :rotfl:

Thank you! Spoiler Alert: My nightmare did not come true, LOL, as you probably saw on Instragram.

Also have fun! And happy early birthday!:cake: I look forward to seeing how your trip is going on insta.

Thanks! It was such an amazing trip. I say that about all my trips though, but this one was a ton of endless fun. Esp after the race, I was so tired but I met up with so many DISboard friends and we had a great time together!

Oh yikes, poor dh!

Crossing my fingers you stay totally healthy too!!

Happy early birthday :bday:

Thank you!! We had a great time despte DH being a little sick. he got better by the end of the trip though although there is a lingering cough. Such a pain. But luckily I did not get sick...yet! :crazy2:

Have a great trip! Good luck. Hope DH gets better. Say :wave2: to @Elevationist.

Thank you!! We had a great time meeting Billie and had a fun breakfast together!

Been here since Sunday and the weather has been perfect except yesterday which was a total washout! Stayed mostly indoors off my feet. Then went out in the rain and got my running shoes wet! Thank goodness for 1BR villa with W/D.

That's what I heard! The day we arrived was wet wet wet. We didn't leave the airport though until the next day and then it thankfully stayed dry for the rest of the trip. Fingers crossed for our next trip!

Last year we were here last week of July with 10 people ages 4 to 44. Children outnumber adults. The best thing we did for the kids is come early when its still manageable, go back to hotel at noon when its HOT and nap. Then return at night and stay until closing. We stayed at VGF.

Good luck to us for tomorrow!

That's a great idea and totally something that I will probably build into our trip plans. I was totally thinking that I personally am going to tour the parks only at night, lol.

We thought the race was super fun! I didn't like waking up so early though! What did you think? Did you run all the races?

I hope your DH feels better and you don't get his infection. We bring a Z-pack with us on trips just in case, plus I pack Mucinex, coughing pills, anti Diarrhea meds, and anything else I could think of!

Good luck on the 5K!

That's a good idea. I usually have the basics but nothing prescription-strength.
Thank you! We survived, lol!

I am just like you a beginner runner. i only did the 5k. I had a lot of fun. I did it with my hubby and 17yo son who is varsity in track. They were both nice and ran at my pace the whole time. They kept me running most of the time. We did it just under 45 min, we stopped for the mile markers, once in WS and once by Spaceship Earth. We didn't line up for characters because the lines were super long. I am planning to do it again next year and do the GSC. i am dreaming BIG!! Although i would plan my trip like yours. Arrive closer to the race dates and then tour the parks after. I did it tour the parks first and by the time Friday came, my legs were close to dead.

I am just like you a beginner runner. i only did the 5k. I had a lot of fun. I did it with my hubby and 17yo son who is varsity in track. They were both nice and ran at my pace the whole time. They kept me running most of the time. We did it just under 45 min, we stopped for the mile markers, once in WS and once by Spaceship Earth. We didn't line up for characters because the lines were super long. I am planning to do it again next year and do the GSC. i am dreaming BIG!! Although i would plan my trip like yours. Arrive closer to the race dates and then tour the parks after. I did it tour the parks first and by the time Friday came, my legs were close to dead.

Sounds like you had a fun race! We stopped for most of the characters except for Dopey because he had the longest line. I was hoping for Mrs. Potts or Chip or other characters from BaTB but oh well, there were other rare characters which was nice. The lines were long, yes. We finished the race in and hour and 17 minutes doing a half walk half jog. I had such a fun time. And yes, I could not imagine doing the parks before and then running, but that is what I will be doing on Nov 3 of this year...we signed up for the Fall Feast 5k because it coincides with our dates anyways except it's the day before we leave. So yes...tired legs for that run. I'm gonna have to build in a rest day before, but when I'm in Disney I barely rest. I just want to go go go! :)

I would love to do the GSC one year. I know so many people who have done it and even walked the whole thing. I think I should just work my way up to a 10k first though, Maybe next year's Dark Side. :)

Update: We're back and we survived!

As in the words of @Elevationist: We didn't die!

(after the 5k!) LOL

We've been back since Tuesday night and I've just started to compile my pictures and download all the PP ones. It was a FANTASTIC trip because of all the fun things we did and all the DIS Meets we had! Friends, especially Disney-loving ones, make any trip more special! Some of you may have seen some of my pictures on instagram but here are a few from the first 2 days:

7RUFsLmE4fVqWT2M6wZpqjWOtw0WLloxpyCs8AC_4dfLjDhs5g3bvzXQ_Fb7ESzA5ICU5tIHNtjyYn47AJ99DAsFD1igNYoMHFXdBsG1isxgRHb3NXdSaFFn9THOjucAtCIesXNG52qNYso3CeSTmrpTwB1-tMQfjhWeNZ90ge83C0RT_2bW6jYduNOZqQkWRUbuq2Yhg8Cc4lqEBFAVG1MLVL0hQX11lZdaL7V1tEhn-pi56orWzZ18rUpcEfJSx4fQyKdvzdF-o2Kx8kFFQziioRUjo7S4YNpeiOUFXJHUZ_EwqapHOnNvUxJ6ayAJ11fDirx0cWxc5_YgWEBdF9_c_EIoiAoiBAieRCsQRwIuZFq7vJrrBxAcWOHBmQ448VsKcS8uJHWJQsYvSGY9xbjEXgfTw0G9J6FC2eQpdJNBiGU3x3Z3QMnpI559waKzXh5dn4u6EMzZrHuMmwDkeNNdaoBvMFfYkKtD_gEBOnAr5kxldUe71d-xf3J9LJV_BQ38x4LWtWZhRbnnr3N1eycEyI-vJJ7EM8xtvOSJzJ4IEgP1LXCw67Pm1ouj40w273D0s_qH2Uq07uKY5gQ-sDkZj5LWsaihc-5-zBRLISlTPmFZR3N3_g=w426-h638-no

vDGgY019N-X7G_J87kceoggxRZvQqJLAak_kKnfcMhVjXWrb0SFf4E_2MhU5fhHNyqoDaL5JryD6UcAxhUX5A2pfNWLarImHCCZaF4lIoQ8mRWvHcnqlXSBFO0jOhU--8WfHWtcgLhofaraafAm0IcR4VwDe5LvndjRWMkjD3IsBveg24RcsmaD03P5MzkNEasNyyjZbYo-OwzUVSvXdiCQ9htLivagMcZZ6q4J6zy9BHqeZYwgnLAGmby8McrJSRKIIDrxZwmomAS8E8enpYqOAvLCpo9XOWz7c5gRBrG-ZCxEAMJkxi03YxAPE6OJYW0cAtjfqhduQLNaiqaJQLIZENaBl4Zuw1YJ4NZM2v4Bpee4FUHcsnXeTg3CZYnWOAQTNxK7sgOOK0aM4eFLnFRXGdi7zD9dyVFu7PNiYOPzOUAa-K0SBywlCYM3Xis6uF-_ItJKC8TILhDKERRzrs69_FxR1ZbvnWdfjhTPnOtDlyBU8Y94wJCmbo4bhNbzgbDuzcMsRLJyyXe3rMvzxWiHym9BPMhCbRFJZ7n4q6TDdRxPNE9RWcJ0PlyLvGYhBwZcKIqXW8jrPj4qRBzPmRgOX7WTkQNKHi5etVHuKYTLV7G3jSJPQQg=w479-h638-no
JkfDi7YeqyCGL3NqVcf-cbB6Fb5IJFNV6pQWjuNDf37QkcCuDWIXrH7Ly-BD50lGSL33ZhYOHn9jPwIkMRsRNGknnxeH-D9Yuf9ay-Pbg9BIbZa7MvJ3rEjdABVbEcCzE_abJDARFEwusUrfFwOHGhNGOVaAveA6zga8ioGg3EjLc3AJQ7otZMXn3RvyU0x5xkwuWa2ubQpW7olbaOUdsJMT1vV4MPBtvbN-GKL9NDjyUtcVOylwvUpjZbevDumb2zwnQpBKmpzDA30umYMT7aTZsyqUYevBUeba033tMnQBtBZ4rGS_K-AxE7M2REgHaEcxWBnYmSTo-O6A_wycvMnAUwczT3pG8ba2AZK6NhLLG3-ztx-D5B6SuSsAx1S-ijNx-zz_dGY7CjxGrezozZXBLi5HFiBWlRtPyVsW9GNItIsGOLX-SP414oNL1cWGyt3vaJcRske5vPfjAvNdaKiL2A_j1KOxSpKhrbRftfWMGhae7KqrPTdA574NaapT3dPA4auc3bwdu_hMgWjhAZ0V7GK6Fl6wh-UuwyF40bc2MkoY0jAeskF7bhzFpAgrfbYR4zNB5vsDGN1y0FdpWs04RSymhNRjuJMWUKntJeKnA9IU2fcLKQ=w479-h638-no

nOdSywSOqc-NRkA1ZX3bz5VArBmy4jWLlLFPlh5kDTGd3UZfrVcHJa5fybgEsSJjw9yU4kzYVt_1KTmZJmyS1AsdwzS3UBGAq0pfF9WIh-NwIopbNb752nMnvW3K2220lNh0HHAY7yztVAwHOtSuh55mqUlohWfaoi68rysmK4M5LTCi8idum-HlTD9HMBCz2hDxdr5Wgbb8XMiiF05h8fkbSUyVtfBUwP_4oM5zurWNCFlAG7p40bqmsDKNgSXtlKT-1385Lbkfa7F0RZMHU4tRxZABGEAfUMbbibDLruJkoH_ka6bmlRrelM8yKi_jtHHdo1MyvXGzrI_uDH7KNbdFR44J0sJWpDxFk5En5ork6EuDqaC4fNC118zDQHclIqvUBgS5vDoCncPKIufL_-GxFAxJIhu5vngBjE-ADkElxDxQGy30z-P0HFa5cpN2Lv0LdR37zb-ih7BuWTuaBZAvyMQw6Lt-kfRkzjHlpnC3QJiUhVCuDKDf5NnuQvDRpUy6tv0m-20dkjn2QJA6Q2BxeWLLR16m_XgllUaPfCYG9_JzMbkx-XaeP44b_-PSVEiyQYHMrF25tPfcYg8g-2Iyib7Jwa9I-PpvLgcSIpcryCbRo1HQYg=w426-h638-no

c6obXCPbqB_cx2qwfELSOcAveXMP7GEF0sHa6Bny1GTwPYg5uwS_xR9xViNv1eP-Xi_uGMC2AAOwX6zI1E1yIYUrXjEe2o7IWEMPcZa0Fk48hH058Ejny0dkI5KRxzjGmsMepuvVGb0TKnJnOU8sNPTyid1OoW2Ujo3W6Eh6K-L-sTTCLSt_zELAmSuL7wn0pmo-tyJlecnUGfSKXaSJQbnxvXAMvEmFQd3YtuKBO3YTzKA4P_80BuwnnoExs6iWyLQD0xpJuKzyCmlJaUexuT963nzVneYg5CXrC0DNWp81Ls0NDnJAf1_fb1YBeyffIL-ZvHGHXgigcH6TG0IWk-TgqWx5YKK7ZuBkwV09g9QVGIFgIamTAtvTJRTrWJcis09hxBDdRj5lfkaLkaD9Cxy45xMJkf93sUTNVV63M8_fG1Gxt0z5WRK21uzMJDKoMJZhUrRwAtI97z8OT7a6AVEBYtE0XeP97zHPdV-th0rmRODG4UfOUun3g9VCe9CXuYf8ZyA1UJq86tRge1lFpIgIieh5vqqdD6XBxfKhWWoY9fbMYxKft5qbK7FqJUHEKmbqpl_R2qeYzAtHi3mBYXWXGOmfZwxVFDwDZLbW2jMBHgPOBwkjDg=w426-h638-no

Anyways, here's the link to my new TR, which will be filled with fabulous food, and even more fabulous Dis meets, I promise!

Tale as Old as Time: a Princess 5k and Birthday TR!

Hope to see you there!​

PTR Update: August ADRs, May FP+, Fall Feast 5k!
Vacation Countdown:
May 3-7 Trip at The Boardwalk: 54 Days
Aug 12-19 Trip with Family at The Poly: 155 Days
Oct 21-28 Canada Coast Cruise on the Magic: 225 Days
Oct 30-Nov 4 Anniversary WDW at Grand Floridian: 234 Days

May 2017
I made our FP+ last weekend. I totally forgot about FP+ day, so I didn't make the ADRs right at 7am (planning fail!!) but still was able to get the FP I wanted although not everything is at the times I wanted. We haven't booked flights yet. They are a bit too expensive still and I think they will go down in price. Here's our plan for May:

Wednesday May 3rd: Hopefully a morning departure arriving around 10:30am. ME to the Boardwalk! We'll drop our stuff off and then head to Epcot!
Hopefully we'll have some time to grab snacks at Flower and Garden kiosks!
12:50pm -1:50pm Test Track - I wanted to switch this time with SE but right now there is nothing available,
1:50pm -2:50pm Character Spot
2:55pm - 355pm Spaceship Earth
We'll hope on the Monorail to the Poly
4:10pm - Dinner ADR at 'Ohana - finally making it back here after more than a year!
Evening - MK/Wishes

Thursday May 4th: DHS Day! We'll be here for May the Fourth so hopefully there will be some exclusive merchandise we can get!
9:20am - 10:20am: Star Tours
10:40am - 11:40am: Toy Story
12:40pm - Lunch ADR at Sci Fi Dine In
2:45pm Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
Maybe back to the Boardwalk for a pool break
Fantasmic! and then Star Wars Galactic Fireworks!

Friday May 5th: Epcot again!
7:30am - Minnie Beach Bash Breakfast ADR at Cape May Cafe
9:40am -10:40am: Character Spot
10:45am -11:45am: Soarin'
11:55am - 12:55pm LWTL
As it gets really warm in the afternoon, we'll head over to Disney Springs
1:35pm - Lunch ADR at Homecoming I'm toying with the timing on this a bit - depending on what we do.
I know it's probably going to be prety hot so Was hoping to spend some time at Disney Springs, maybe even watch a movie at the AMC theater (GoG Vol II opens today!)
Early Evening - back to Epcot! We will have dinner via the food kiosks at Epcot and catch Illuminations.

Saturday May 6th: MK, then AK
9:15am - Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno - So excited I got this ADR the day it came out! We were actually in WDW when the announcement was made and luckily I was checking my phone at the right time, otherwise who knows if I would be able to get this. My friend waited about a day or so and wasn't able to get it for April.
10:20am - 11:20am Peter Pan's Flight
11:55am - 12:55pm Seven Dwarves Mine Train
2:55pm - 3:55pm BTMRR
We will hop over to AK after BTMRR
6:20pm: Dinner ADR Tiffin's - This was soooo good when we went there in February that I had to add it in for May and August. It will be our go-to spot for quite some time!
I highly doubt Pandora will even be at it's soft open right now so we'll probably do just a few things in AK. It would be cool to do the safari at night so hopefully I can get an FP+ for this on the same day.

Sunday May 7th: DHS then Epcot
Will check out and store our stuff with Bell Services.
We'll head to DHS and try and do RnRC and maybe TSM before heading back to Epcot
12:00pm Beaches n Cream Lunch - I may cancel this because I think we'll just make a meal from going around the kiosks in Epcot so won't need a table service.
12:30pm - 1:30pm LWTL
1:45pm -2:45pm Frozen Ever After
3:40pm - 4:40pm Character Spot
I am going to try and get a late flight out, so hopefully we won't have to leave the parks too early.

August 2017
Now that I've made the ADRs for our August trip, I obviously keep rethinking the plans. It's harder to plan with other people and a bunch of kids. For those of you with young kids (below 5) as well as infants...what is your ideal schedule at the parks? I'm assuming park in the morning, return to hotel to swim/rest, then park in the evening? Do you stay late for Wishes or other shows? Do you usually have breakfast or lunch in the park or do you forgo sit-down breakfast and do most of the rides in the morning? I am trying to think of what is the best plan for everyone, especially in August when it's going to be super hot. Should we become vampires and only go out at night (this gets my personal vote, hahaha)? I've made a few tweaks to our august plans since last time:

Saturday August 12th: Our arrival day at the Polynesian Resort! I hope to get flights which come in the early afternoon and if the rooms aren't ready we can probably do some lunch at Disney Springs. If they are ready I think a nice relaxing day at the pool is the way to go. Maybe after we all get our flights I may make an ADR for dinner.

Sunday August 13th: MK - 9:35am Crystal Palace Breakfast, 4:10pm Be Our Guest Dinner. Do you think I have breakfast too early? It won't give us much time to do many rides before, maybe just one and that's if we get there right at rope drop. If I move it to lunch time that doesn't give us all that much time between lunch and our early dinner though. I also don't know if the kids will last in between the hours of 2-5pm, but maybe we can do the parks all day and then the kids can leave after dinner if they are tired and skip Wishes or they could always come back for it. I could only get a 4:10pm ADR at BoG for all of us so we have to keep that time.

Monday August 14th: Epcot - 9:50am Garden Grill breakfast, 7:10pm Teppan Edo - I booked breakfast at 9:50am so that we can probably catch one ride on Soarin' using standby. I'm pretty sure the kids are gonna want a pool break so I made dinner late. However I am re-thinking dinner. I think we may go to Yachtsman Steakhouse instead, then we can head into Epcot to watch Illuminations. I was toying with the idea of doing a dessert party but no one really seems to be on board because of the price, especially when they have to pay for their kids and their kids eat next to nothing. So we decided on a nice steak meal instead and Yachtsman will be perfect for it!

Tuesday August 15th: DHS - 10:40am Disney Jr Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine or 11:50am Sci Fi Lunch, 5:40pm 'Ohana Dinner - I have 2 meals reserved right now for breakfast/lunch, and I will cancel one of them. I feel like the kids will like Hollywood and Vine more even though I think the ambiance in Sci Fi is pretty cool, just seems like something they will appreciate more in a few years and they might not enjoy all the old-school horror scifi playing on the screen. Although if they hate characters than the Disney Jr. breakfast will be a moot point. I'm not even sure I will know if they like or hate characters until their first character meal, hahaha. Think this will be a good night to head to MK for Wishes and some rides after dinner, although I don't know what park hours are. I hope they are open late!

Wednesday August 16th: AK - 10:35am Tusker House or 11:35am Tiffins lunch. DH and I will head to AK early so that we can be at Pandora after rope drop, although for everyone else they might get a later start. I think all the character meals at this point will be a bit much so I will probably cancel Tusker House. Although if I cancel it it will be next to impossible to make it again if I do want it. I also know I don't want to leave without eating at Tiffins again and I think my family will enjoy it a lot. I saw a bunch of kids at Tiffins last time so I know it's not an issue with it being a more "fine dining" type place. It was perfectly fine and I thought the ambiance was less hectic than Tusker. We may leave late in the afternoon and then return in the evening for RoL or go to DHS for Star Wars fireworks.

Thursday August 17th: Waterpark day for my family - 9:30am 'Ohana Breakfast. DH and I don't have waterpark tix so I'm guessing we'll head back to AK to explore more of Pandora. Very excited for this! We may meet up in the evening at Disney Springs for dinner. I am thinking Morimoto Asia but right now they don't seem to be taking ressies for August, at least for a party as large as ours.

Friday August 18th: MK - 1:15pm Cinderella's Royal Table lunch for my niece Eva's 5th birthday and my friend's daughter, Mimi's 6th birthday! This is the only meal we have today so I think we'll just spend the rest of the time doing rides we haven't done yet and taking some pictures. I have left dinner open for now. In the evening we'll catch any show that we've missed since everyone has the park hoppers.

Saturday August 19th: Departure day. This day will be open to allow everyone to kinda choose the park they want to return to. I think we'll try and get early evening flights so they can at least enjoy the morning at a park. Not sure if we'll have time for a sit-down meal on this day but Kona Cafe is probably a good option, maybe a late lunch before ME comes to pick us up.

I hope that sounds like a feasible plan. Is 2 ADRs a day too much? My friend who is coming with us is only doing half of the ADRs I have planned. She said she thinks quick service is easier for her kids. I know my family and they are ok with doing the meals but I don't know if I'm using up valuable time that they could use for rides n stuff. I forget that the majority of our group are newbies! Oh well, guess they will just have to return to WDW to finish everything!

Oct-Nov 2017

Nothing terribly new here except that we've signed up for the Fall Feast 5k! Our second Run Disney event! I guess we have indeed been bitten by the bug, but really we actually booked this trip before this race registration came out and realized we'll be there for this anyways. This will be on Nov 3rd which is the last full day of our trip. We are currently stated to leave on the 4th, but now I kinda want to extend our trip one more day since now a chunk of our time will be spent doing Run Disney activities and resting. Of course there is no availability at the VGF to rent on points for one more night so we'd have to move to a regular room or find another resort. Still thinking if this is worth it or not.

So those are the updates for now! See you back at my TR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter