Chunkymonkey + Chubbyhubby's Mem day weekend at WDW = Updated Day III part 3

Hey!!

I am so in for your report!!!!!

I love the pictures of you guys! You are too cute!!!

Stopping in to subscribe to your TR. I saw where you mentioned on TopDogs that you had a Holga camera. I have the Lomo Fisheye. You've done a great job with your pics considering the equipment you took with you. Can't wait to read more about your trip.

I'm taking my DDs at the end of this month. I rented a Nokina 10mm fisheye (after looking at TopDog's pics) to take with me into the parks. I couldn't imagine going with primarily a P&S and leaving my big camera behind. Maybe one day, but I doubt it :rotfl:.

Glad you were able to make the best out of a bad situation with the weather.

SO glad you loved UP!! It was such a great movie!

Stopping in to subscribe to your TR. I saw where you mentioned on TopDogs that you had a Holga camera. I have the Lomo Fisheye. You've done a great job with your pics considering the equipment you took with you. Can't wait to read more about your trip.

I'm taking my DDs at the end of this month. I rented a Nokina 10mm fisheye (after looking at TopDog's pics) to take with me into the parks. I couldn't imagine going with primarily a P&S and leaving my big camera behind. Maybe one day, but I doubt it :rotfl:.

Glad you were able to make the best out of a bad situation with the weather.

Hi there! Thanks for the compliments! I've been trying to work on the photography thing for a while now. I am definitely going back with my big DSLR the next time I go. I just got myself a Canon 40D in addition to my XSi so now I have a spare camera to shoot with! I have been eyeing a fisheye lens - and was thinking of renting one since they are so expensive. I would love to see your pictures one day. Have a great time with your DDs at the park!

We decided to walk around the world showcase again after doing Soarin’ and Test Track a few times. We started off at Mexico, and rode on the Three Amigos ride there. It’s a boat ride through their adventures. Very cute. I was also really interested in the restaurant they have there as well, but we did not end up eating there. We look a peek at the menu and it sounded like really nice, authentic Mexican.

WDW%20May%202009%20262.JPG

They use poor Donald as a piñata! Isn’t that just mean?
WDW%20May%202009%20267.JPG

Some colorful florals
WDW%20May%202009%20268.JPG

After the fun Three Amigos ride, we spent a few moments wandering around the other worlds and stopping to see some of their wares. I didn’t remember visiting the Mexico pavilion on my previous trips, so I spent some time looking at the vendors selling their wares. They had some interesting jewelry and those wooden toy animals. I picked up a few when I went on vacation in Cancun and Play del Carmen before.

Since we were mostly in Norway yesterday, and had dinner in Germany the night before, we wanted to try a different place for lunch. I suggested counter service meals for a light lunch since our ADRs at the Brown Derby were for 4:55pm. So we agreed on Morocco for lunch and set out to that pavilion. In the meantime I couldn’t resist getting this shot of the spaceship earth

WDW%20May%202009%20272.JPG

We arrived at Tangierine Café and perused the menus. I wasn’t super hungry but I did want a shwarma platter, and DH wanted chicken, so we thought we would share the combo platter which had both shwarma and chicken, it also came with hummus, couscous, and tabouleh salad. I got an iced tea as well. The iced tea here tastes soooo good. I wonder why that is since iced tea at the rest of the resort areas or restaurants seem to all use Lipton but this one had a slightly different floral flavor. I wonder if it was fresh and they infused it herbs ever so slightly. At Tangierine Café, you go and order first and then they tell you to go down the line and your order will be waiting for you at the end. You can see some of the CMs putting everyone’s meals together. There was some sort of back up because it was a while to get our food. Anyhoo, I finally got lunch and got to the table my DH had reserved for us and we sat and ate. I went back to ask for hot sauce but they didn’t have any!!! Oh well, not a big deal but that was surprising to note.

Tangeriene Café
WDW%20May%202009%20274.JPG

Our shwarma chicken combo platter before
WDW%20May%202009%20273.JPG

Our shwarma chicken combo platter after
WDW%20May%202009%20275.JPG

I guess we were hungry after all. Maybe we could have used a platter each (they were rather small portioned, we discovered), but I didn’t want to slow my day down with a too full tummy. The price for the combo was 13.95 which would be considered outrageous in NYC. Lots of street vendors here make and sell shwarma, gyros, halal meats and chicken served with rice and sides, much like this, and all the sauce you want, for about 5 bucks. I found Tangierine can be a bit skimpy on the sauce. All in all, a good decent meal if you want something different and have exhausted all other options at Epcot.

We spent some time in the Japan Pavilion after that. I love wandering around the Mitsukoshi store. As a child I spent about 3 years in Tokyo so it definitely brought back memories. My favorite is the Hello Kitty section. I am hoping they will eventually come out with a Disney/Hello Kitty line. I think it would be really cute!

WDW%20May%202009%20277.JPG

DH waiting for me at the fountains while I shopped.
WDW%20May%202009%20278.JPG

We stopped at France to take a look at the Chefs de France menu. It looked really good, and they had a lunch prix-fixe for about 20 bucks. We made a note that we would try to eat here before we leave because we love French food. Although French food = not so good for DH’s low-fat low salt diet. Shhh.

WDW%20May%202009%20279.JPG

We did stop at the patisserie to ogle at the pastries and cakes. Well, it was mostly me who ogled. DH sat inside at one of the café’s indoor seating to wait for me. I ended up buying a raspberry turnover and a coffee for dessert. Mmm

WDW%20May%202009%20280.JPG

View of the Japan Pavilion
WDW%20May%202009%20285.JPG

After we walked around the World Showcase for a bit, we used our last FP at Test Track. It was sooo much fun as usual. We took at pic with some of the new GM cars at the end.

Doesn’t it look like we are celebrities being stalked by paparazzi in their cars?
WDW%20May%202009%20293.JPG

I stopped by Mousegears and couldn’t resist a Minnie headband.
WDW%20May%202009%20294.JPG

Coming up…more Spaceship Earth and Brown Derby!

Hi there! Thanks for the compliments! I've been trying to work on the photography thing for a while now. I am definitely going back with my big DSLR the next time I go. I just got myself a Canon 40D in addition to my XSi so now I have a spare camera to shoot with! I have been eyeing a fisheye lens - and was thinking of renting one since they are so expensive. I would love to see your pictures one day. Have a great time with your DDs at the park!

My DH bought me the 50D for Christmas. I was upgrading from the original Rebel. I am besides myself with excitement to take my new camera to the parks. I plan on doing an extensive photo-heavy trip report when I come back. Seems people here really enjoy looking at pictures.

Your EP day looks great so far. I don't think I could eat at the Tangarine restaurant - not a big fan of all of those sides. You and DH did a good job on that plate of food you ordered though :lmao:.

Enjoying reading about your trip very much. Awesome pics!! You look absolutely adorable in the Minnie bow.

Can't wait to show this trippie to DH he will love all the photography talk.;)

Hi fellow NYer :) subbing to your TR! ;D

You guys are so cute!

cant wait to hear about the Brown Derby!

My DH bought me the 50D for Christmas. I was upgrading from the original Rebel. I am besides myself with excitement to take my new camera to the parks. I plan on doing an extensive photo-heavy trip report when I come back. Seems people here really enjoy looking at pictures.

Your EP day looks great so far. I don't think I could eat at the Tangarine restaurant - not a big fan of all of those sides. You and DH did a good job on that plate of food you ordered though :lmao:.

Oooh a 50D *drool* - I love the sound that the shutter makes on the nicer Canon models. I feel like a pro whenever I use it!

Yes me and DH just eat. ALL. THE. TIME. We're nuts!

Looking forward to your TR.

You both are so cute!(LOVE the green dress!)

You remind me of us about 20 years ago- We used to go to Disney for a weekend- usually NYE! And run around like you guys. And fit it all in in a long weekend.
Now 4 kids later we need at least 7 days!

Enjoying the pictures!
And I hear you on that shwarma platter. It's outrageous vs. what we can get on the street in nyc. But still a nice change of pace at Disney. If you don't mind the $$$$!

Enjoying reading about your trip very much. Awesome pics!! You look absolutely adorable in the Minnie bow.

Can't wait to show this trippie to DH he will love all the photography talk.;)

Thank you so much!! I try to make my TR interesting but I think we're actually a pretty boring couple. hahaha. I look at some TRs and I think they are all peppered with tons of drama and excitement...and then I read mine and I'm like...yawn. popcorn::

Is your DH a photographer?

Hi fellow NYer :) subbing to your TR! ;D

You guys are so cute!

cant wait to hear about the Brown Derby!

Hi there!! Good to see a fellow NYer! I can't believe the weather we've been having...it was cold Monday, hot yesterday, and today I thought it would be warmer, but it's freezing and raining! grrr.

Thank you for visiting!!

You both are so cute!(LOVE the green dress!)

You remind me of us about 20 years ago- We used to go to Disney for a weekend- usually NYE! And run around like you guys. And fit it all in in a long weekend.
Now 4 kids later we need at least 7 days!

Enjoying the pictures!
And I hear you on that shwarma platter. It's outrageous vs. what we can get on the street in nyc. But still a nice change of pace at Disney. If you don't mind the $$$$!

Hi Thank you! That is cute that we remind you of yourselves. :thumbsup2
How was Disney on NYE?? I would love to be there for that. It must be amazing. Wow - 4 kids. I want 4 kids too! I came from a family of 4 children so I am used to having a large family around me.

The shwarma was decent, but it ain't no NYC street meat! Still, Disney prices are not as insane is Yankee Stadium prices (Me and DH are Yankee fans) - once you have seen the prices in the new stadium, nothing will surprise me anymore!

Yankee Stadium prices (Me and DH are Yankee fans) - once you have seen the prices in the new stadium, nothing will surprise me anymore!

Ok I think I love you. :rotfl2: We are HUGE Yankee fans(watching right now) and will get to check out the prices in August at the RED SOX vs YANKEES game!!!:banana: That is dh's father's day present!

Ok I think I love you. :rotfl2: We are HUGE Yankee fans(watching right now) and will get to check out the prices in August at the RED SOX vs YANKEES game!!!:banana: That is dh's father's day present!

OMG that is soo cool! We are watching right now too! We have a ticket package and were actually at the game last night, and it was such a good game! Tons of excitement and the crowd was super fun. The new stadium is sooo nice. Expensive, but I guess it is the Yankees...some one has to pay for A-rod's salary. :confused3

Oooh a 50D *drool* - I love the sound that the shutter makes on the nicer Canon models. I feel like a pro whenever I use it!

Yes me and DH just eat. ALL. THE. TIME. We're nuts!

Looking forward to your TR.

I joke that the shutter sounds like a machine gun :lmao:. DH bought me the battery grip for Valentine's Day. He definately knows they way to this woman's heart.

I'll be writing my TR in early to mid-July, once we return of course ;).

Oh I love the Minnie headband. That platter looked good too. I went in there last time and not a soul was in there. Made me a little nervous. (Bad food and all....) LOL It's a beautiful CS restaurant though. My DD loves the Hello Kitty store! I want to do the pearl thing one of these days.

Thank you so much!! I try to make my TR interesting but I think we're actually a pretty boring couple. hahaha. I look at some TRs and I think they are all peppered with tons of drama and excitement...and then I read mine and I'm like...yawn. popcorn::

Is your DH a photographer?

I like "non drama" too!! Seems more real LOL

No but he is a graphic artist so he likes to take all our pics & um "jazz" them up on the computer if you get my drift. So maybe we should call him a frustrated photographer?:rolleyes1

Hi there!

Loving your TR. You and your DH are so cute! Hopefully the rain doesn't slow you down too much.

Uh oh, just read that you are Yankee fans. I think I have to unsubscribe now :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter