:goodvibes I am enjoying your trip report !:goodvibes
My daughter and I cannot wait till we visit Epcot and shop the
Hello Kitty section !!!:thumbsup2
What I do like about WDW Fantasmic, is that you have seats, instead of
sitting on the ground at DLR.
:woohoo:But, both are awesome !:woohoo:

***Sidenote to KathyRN***
:confused3 Isn't there a trip report you are suppose to be writing ?:confused3

OMG that line at Fantasmic! :scared1: We saw it in March. Came in late and had front row seats at the second show. The place was about 1/6 full. Glad we hit it then because I refuse to wait in a line like that. I love the show though! So nice. And the end....the boat with all of the characters! WOW. I'd so love to meet the black and white steamboat willie mickey! :goodvibes

Sounds like the Fantasmic dinner package worked out well for you.

Brown Derby sounded heavenly... DH wants to try that someday!

Falling asleep to the sound of rain... hopefully that will prove to be more poetic than prophetic!

Kathy

Hi Lisa! I have read your TR and it's great so far!! Love the pics. Glad you are caught up with my TR. LOL Now I have to get caught up with yours!! :rotfl:

I just love reading trip reports and sometimes find myself reading a dozen at a time. But, I just can't help myself. Hope my report brings you a laugh or two.

Hi Scott! Thanks for visiting my TR! I am working on my next part of the TR and there are some exciting pics to come...:yay:

Love the NEW Yankee Stadium, but I wish they added hot water to the bathrooms in levels other than Field :confused3

well that is not good not to have hot water.

Great update and pics.

I like fantasmic but those crowds are insane.

Brown Derby sounds nice.

I wonder when they changed the entrance for Fantasmic dinner package guests? I went in 2005 and they had us go to the front of the park near the restrooms and lead us up a back way to the theater. That way you didn't have to wait in that crazy crowd! :scared1:

I'm glad the rain cleared for you to see it! Its such a great show! :thumbsup2:goodvibes

:goodvibes I am enjoying your trip report !:goodvibes
My daughter and I cannot wait till we visit Epcot and shop the
Hello Kitty section !!!:thumbsup2
What I do like about WDW Fantasmic, is that you have seats, instead of
sitting on the ground at DLR.
:woohoo:But, both are awesome !:woohoo:

Thanks for reading my TR! I just love the HK selection at Epcot. It's actually pretty good, and they had some stuff on sale. I forgot to mention that I bought some HK pajama pants for about 13 bucks. They are hot pink and have HKs on them. Super cute.

The best part about Fantasmtic at WSW is the stadium seating, much better views that you can get from anywhere in DLR!!
popcorn::

OMG that line at Fantasmic! :scared1: We saw it in March. Came in late and had front row seats at the second show. The place was about 1/6 full. Glad we hit it then because I refuse to wait in a line like that. I love the show though! So nice. And the end....the boat with all of the characters! WOW. I'd so love to meet the black and white steamboat willie mickey! :goodvibes

Yup the line was super long...but you were lucky you got front row seats at the last minute! Me too, I detest long lines...so I wonder why I love WDW so much :confused3 guess in the end the lines are part of the experience LOL :thumbsup2

I wonder when they changed the entrance for Fantasmic dinner package guests? I went in 2005 and they had us go to the front of the park near the restrooms and lead us up a back way to the theater. That way you didn't have to wait in that crazy crowd! :scared1:

I am surprised that we didn't get a separate entrance either. Apparently everyone with a yellow ticket was waving it around thinking it would get them through the line, but it didn't. I guess seating is still not guaranteed even with the package! But honestly, even after the entire line went into the theater, there were still a few empty spots left, so I think it'll be fine to get a last minute seat. It might be in the back row off in the corner but I dont' think there is a bad seat in the house!

We were *yawn* so tired from all the walking we did the previous 2 days, we got up a little bit later today than our usual 7am wakeup time. Power Disney definitely takes a lot out of you. We woke up this day thinking that we would start the day off by heading back to DHS for the first half of the day and then heading over to AK for the latter half. I looked out the window, and it was actually SUNNY again!!! Hooray! :cool1:

We showered, got ready, and headed out towards the ferry. We were determined to make the first ferry to DHS. It was EMH that day, and we were looking forward to a quiet park, that way, we would definitely be one of the first people of the day to ride Toy Story Mania without the ridiculous lines.

Hmm as we neared the ferry stop, which is situated on the water between the Swan and the Dolphin resorts, we realize that a ferry was already waiting there. Hey! Is that the ferry to DHS??!! We try and book it to make a run for the ferry but as soon as we got through the gate, the ferry leaves. We asked someone else on line, was that the ferry to DHS? Yes, she says. GRRRR. Thoughts of not being one of the first on line at TSM started to haunt me…what if we get there and the line is already an hour long…what if they ran out of FPs???!!!? Oh No! So we thought quickly…should we go to another park instead and save tomorrow for DHS? Since the ferries take about 20 minutes to come back, but the time we would have gotten to DHS, it would have been about a half hour later than we would have liked. We decided on the spur to just walk over to Epcot at a leisurely pace, and the head to AK in the afternoon. Oh well, so much for our “tackling the EMH at DHS plan” :headache:

As we walked over the bridge towards the Boardwalk, I couldn’t resist this shot of us with the Dolphin in the background.

wdw-3157.jpg

I really do love the Boardwalk area. I took these shots and gave them a nice vintage-y feel with some post-processing.

wdw-3158.jpg

wdw-3160.jpg

wdw-3161.jpg

Here’s me with a vintage wash:

wdw-3162.jpg

And here is another picture that is straight out of camera (SOOC) so you can see the difference in the processing

wdw-3163.jpg

We stopped at the Boardwalk Bakery for some breakfast. The place was bustling!

wdw-3164.jpg

wdw-3165.jpg

I got us a tomato, egg and cheese croissant and a Mickey head muffin to share and 2 coffees.

I took a bite out of Mickey before the pic
wdw-3166.jpg

wdw-3167.jpg

The croissant sandwich was delish. I love the idea of tomato, egg and cheese. Too often I only see bacon, egg and cheese on a croissant, which is slightly too greasy for me, even though I love all those flavors. I think the tomato adds a nice freshness. The Mickey muffin was yummy too, very soft and moist. Coffee was well, coffee.

When we got to Epcot, the park hadn’t opened yet. This is the 3rd time we’ve come to Epcot in 3 days! Guess we really do love this park. And I hadn’t finished looking all of the World showcase anyways…

wdw-3170.jpg

We finally got into Epcot and of course World showcase doesn’t open until 10am, so DH headed for Soarin to get FPs and I headed to Test Track to wait for him. Hmm, it seems like déjà vu since we had just done the same thing yesterday. I realized as I was waiting that we didn’t have any ADRs for that day at all. I kinda really wanted to go to Chefs de France since me and DH love French food, so I picked up my cell phone, where I had the number stored for Disney Dining. After a few minutes wait, a CM picks up and I was able to secure 12:15pm reservations for Chefs de France on the same day.

DH comes by with the Soarin FPs and we head into TT again. I took a number of pictures of us on line and again on the ride:

wdw-3174.jpg

I forgot to mention the day before at Mousegears, I bought myself a pair of Mickey Skorts. Yes SKORTS, a combination of short and skirt. They are not very common, and in some places are considered out of style. But I LOVE SKORTS. :love: There, I revealed my secret fashion faux-pas! It basically looks like a skirt but underneath are the convenience of shorts. I was so excited to see them, I had to get them, even though they did cost me 40 bucks. I never see skorts on sale anymore, so I considered it a collectors item.

Anyways, here’s a pic of the Mickey logo on my skort.

wdw-3175.jpg

I made DH pose like the test dummy
wdw-3176.jpg

Test Track!
wdw-3179.jpg

wdw-3182.jpg

wdw-3185.jpg

After our Test Track ride, we went over to the Kodak Figment photolab to play around with some of the interactive things. We took pictures of ourselves and then used the software to add things like hats and outfits. We then sent them to our friend’s emails. The funny thing is, my friend got the email and she texted me that it wasn’t even me in the picture, it was of some stranger. Doh! Guess their servers mixed up the emails!!! I wonder if some stranger got a picture of me and DH dressed like goons.

We went back to Club Cool to get more free soda. I had my fill of the Vegi-beta and the ginger-ale, and DH got his lemon-honey soda. We then headed over to World Showcase to walk around before our FP’s for Soarin.

Coming up…Chefs de France, yum yum.
popcorn::

Last edited:
EPCOT fiends! :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear about Chefs. I've heard great reviews of that restaurant.

I've never heard of them getting the emails mixed up before. What joy that must be for unsuspecting friends/family to get a kooky picture from a stranger! :scared1::lmao:

Holy Smokes! I am glad that I wasn't in that Fantasmic line. It probably looked like that every time I was in line before but I didn't turn around to see it.

I love the Boardwalk pictures. We always say we are going to go there just to look around but never do. We may just have to do that one day.

EPCOT fiends! :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear about Chefs. I've heard great reviews of that restaurant.

I've never heard of them getting the emails mixed up before. What joy that must be for unsuspecting friends/family to get a kooky picture from a stranger! :scared1::lmao:

Chefs was delish...stay tuned for my next post.

I know...it's the funniest thing. My friend was like, who is this little girl sending me pictures of herself??? But then she saw that the email was from me so she sent me a message to my blackberry. hahaha. :rotfl:

Holy Smokes! I am glad that I wasn't in that Fantasmic line. It probably looked like that every time I was in line before but I didn't turn around to see it.

I love the Boardwalk pictures. We always say we are going to go there just to look around but never do. We may just have to do that one day.

Yeah we were on line for so long, we couldn't help but turn around all the time looking behind us!

The boardwalk is wonderful, I want to stay there next time...now how to convince DH that it's worth it...:rolleyes1

Yeah we were on line for so long, we couldn't help but turn around all the time looking behind us!

The boardwalk is wonderful, I want to stay there next time...now how to convince DH that it's worth it...:rolleyes1

By finishing this trip report :rotfl2:

More! More! More!:hippie:

You are a great couple and your TR is fun!!!

How do you like your crocs for Disney? I swear that the crocs flip flops are the most comfortable shoes to wear inm Disney!

Can't wait to hear about Chefs...we have ADR's there in September!

Oh Gosh, I missed your update somehow, but I'm all caught up now.
YaY for the sunny weather, can't wait to hear about Chef's, somehow I've never eaten there but I've been to the Bistro.

I was busy launching my photography website. It's been a lot of hard hard work over the past few months but I'm happy to be doing what I love now. Hopefully I will get some paying clients, LOL. Anyone getting married in Disney? I'd love the opportunity to shoot a wedding there. hehe.

I do have a next update already half written. Promise it will be up before the weekend is over. :thumbsup2

Sorry for the delayed trip report...aside from launching my new business, I also had to get rid of a lot of stuff from my computer because it was running so s l o w. Hopefully I optimized it enough to keep me going!

Day III part 2

Here’s some shots I took of the monorail and the pretty landscaping

wdw-3191.jpg

wdw-3192.jpg

We headed to the right side of world showcase so we could still be near Soarin by the time our FP time was near. I really liked the United Kingdom pavilion. I think it’s *** I really love tea!

wdw-3194.jpg

I really like the idea they had for the teacups for the flower and garden festival. It’s so cute!

wdw-3195.jpg

wdw-3196.jpg

wdw-3197.jpg

I also really like shortbread. Especially Disney shortbread! I didn’t buy any because I wanted to save the souvenir shopping for later.

We also passed these mask things that I took a picture of DH in. I can’t remember where this was - …Morocco?

wdw-3193.jpg

We headed back to Soarin’ to use our FPs. After that, we decided to go over to Mission: Space. Since we did the “green” version the day before, DH insisted we go “orange”

OMG I have never felt so ill in my life!!! I didn’t remember it being that bad, but I think my motion sickness has gotten worse over the past few years so I really felt like hurling after that ride. Think I will stick to the green version next time.
As I tumbled out of Mission: Space, we headed back to the World Showcase for our lunch ADRs at Chefs de France. When we got there, the restaurant had just barely opened for lunch so there was a mini crowd outside. We checked in with the CM and then we sat down to await our name being called.

This is us outside of Chefs de France. I look pretty happy for someone who feels so ill.
wdw-3198.jpg

Here’s how I really felt though
wdw-3199.jpg

Chefs de France has an authentic French bistro feeling. I love the ambiance.
wdw-3200.jpg

wdw-3202.jpg

Pretty soon our names were called and we sat down. I was pretty hungry so I opted to get the lunch prix fixe 3 course, while DH just opted to get a big burger. I started with the French onion soup, the croque monsieur (grilled ham and cheese), and dessert was profiteroles with ice cream. I got an iced tea to start, and DH got an orangina.

My French onion soup was just how I like it, hot, with gooey cheese and savory broth.

DH’s steak hache (it’s just a burger). It was delish. Loved the frites.
wdw-3209.jpg

My croque monsieur. It was good, but it was a little cold. I think they made it earlier and put it under a heat lamp to keep it warm but I don’t’ think it did much. I still ate it all though.
wdw-3210.jpg

As we were eating, we were visited by the chef du jour, Ratatouille!
wdw-3212.jpg

I told him how much were were enjoying our meals, and he did a little bow.
wdw-3211.jpg

Overall, had a lovely experience at Chefs de France. I definitely want to return and try something else.
:cool2:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter