Chunkymonkey and Chubbyhubby Feed the Force!! A May 2015 TR - Update 10/29 Trip Epilogue!

I love yak and yeti. That was a pretty clever description too, it does kind of feel like ij and the temple of doom!

That's pretty cool you guys can all split up like that. I know some people like to all stick together but it seemed to really work for you.

Your lunch at Y&Y looks great, though I agree its a hard decision to give up some Tusker House for it. I've never tried the curry, but we found their food to be a bit underspiced too. Of course nothing that a little sriracha can't fix ; )

Glad you enjoyed Planet Watch. My daughter loves it so we always spend time over there. But I gotta ask where was the self of you brushing the goats ; )

Rafiki's Planet Watch looks interesting. I didn't know it existed. Love your dress, by the way.

I always knew it was there but wasn't sure what it was about. I'm really glad I went there as I found it peaceful and unique.
Thanks! This was a popular dress! I kept (and keep) getting compliments on it. Looks like it will have to make another appearance on another TR. LOL.

I love yak and yeti. That was a pretty clever description too, it does kind of feel like ij and the temple of doom!

That's pretty cool you guys can all split up like that. I know some people like to all stick together but it seemed to really work for you.

Haha, yeah doesn't it?

I think we all have different ideas of what's considered fun.
Sis = Characters
Me = Eating and shopping
DH = Sleeping or Swimming

LOL

Your lunch at Y&Y looks great, though I agree its a hard decision to give up some Tusker House for it. I've never tried the curry, but we found their food to be a bit underspiced too. Of course nothing that a little sriracha can't fix ; )

Glad you enjoyed Planet Watch. My daughter loves it so we always spend time over there. But I gotta ask where was the self of you brushing the goats ; )

Yeah Y&Y was fun but I missed Tusker. Definitely could ramp up the spice but we like things that have a lot of heat and flavor. (Sriracha could probably fix that but didn't actually see any!)

There were goats at Rafiki's? I must have missed that...:rotfl:

We decided to share an appetizer - the dim sum basket for 2.

That looks really good! I think I could have that as a meal :)

you enter a sound proof room and put on a set of earphones and then when you hit the start button, the room turns pitch black and it played sounds of the jungle.

That sounds really neat!! I wasn't planning on going down there but...maybe now I will!

That looks really good! I think I could have that as a meal :)

Me too! I like having appetizers as a meal sometimes and this would be a good choice!

That sounds really neat!! I wasn't planning on going down there but...maybe now I will!

I never really knew about Rafiki's either until my sister told me all about it! I love how there is always something new to see and do at WDW no matter how many times you've been!

Day 5 Part 3: Cooling off, retail therapy, and a Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum...

Back at AoA we all changed and went to the pool. I only went for a quick dip to cool down...I wanted to go to DTD and do some shopping and exploring before our dinner later that night at Ohana. So after maybe 35 minutes swimming I left to get ready while everyone else stayed at the pool longer. It was a hot day but it wasn't crowded at the cozy cone pool which was nice as the main Finding Nemo pool always had a crowd (although it was definitely much bigger than the Cozy Cone pool).

l0vTxY6pRJvRr3Hh8FxEVZP1UIhjqN-Y0UVkb_PaHsQq=w858-h643-no

I caught a bus to DTD...it wasn't that crowded at all. Whew. At DTD I saw a mural featuring Anna, Elsa and Kristoff in their Frozen Fever attire. This was the first item where Frozen Fever was featured. I thought WDW would have more Frozen Fever merchandise but I didn't see any when I was there. I think it may have come a little later.

9cA1IVbE3Nkrfhy-okH2SCZvota2HDzoeeEjhKRrVL5L=w858-h643-no

I wish I had more time at DTD but this was one of those trips where we ended up staying later at a park and we have to get to an ADR so we'll squeeze in some DTD time if we can. Oh well. I managed to find a few things at Tren-D. I didn't buy everything I tried on but these caught my eye:

CFN1QtIkQfoUU-13mJJ4ltycjdY56-ZsjdOXjMHytBDp=w483-h643-no

This purple top/tunic says "I'm your happily ever after" on it and it has a sheer panel in the back. I thought it was comfy and cute and I liked the long shirttail hem. I don't have that many purple items so this was something different for me so I ended up buying this.

4wVCQkTVdB_eMKkwbQZM8QMVtzgU4zNdI5WMddyLN76Q=w483-h643-no

I liked this green tank top a lot but unfortunately it was too big and it was the only size left. I had to bunch it up in the back just to take this picture without the neckline hanging way too low.

sBWE6ZnkAtXjBb8_S2QgMN0U-ZOwnkiSfLzSFLWj5tq7=w483-h643-no

I liked the front of this t-shirt with the snazzy gold mickey head but the back of it had these crazy cutouts. I'm not sure it was for me so I passed on this one.

Dt5REDXhsCo9P9jFHB-LwLrM5HRnNr_5MvthhX674fKC=w483-h643-no

I thought this tank top was super cute! I love artist Jerrod Maruyama's work and his cute characters so this tank top was a no-brainer. It was comfy too and had a swing-y a-line cut. This one came home with me!

OG9EBTOJhZp1kL8iOUIxIQ4Di6dHm4j3T47qLVNKi3zx=w483-h643-no

And finally, this t-shirt...I was contemplating it for a while but decided that the cut wasn't really my style. The arm holes had a little frill on them, and it wasn't a sleeve and it wasn't completely sleeveless. I liked it from certain angles but just wasn't sure. I may pick it up on my next trip though if I try it on again and change my mind. It does have a cute tropical print and I like the retro Walt Disney World logo.

I only had time to shop and walk around World of Disney a little bit before I had to leave for the Poly. I bought some stuff for my nieces and off to the bus stop!

I waited about 10 minutes for a Poly bus. I find the line at DTD for resort buses a little confusing. I think I actually waited on line for the Contemporary for a little while but there were few people at the buses anyways.

I was excited to see the Poly after it's transformation. When I stayed there last year with CS, the whole lobby and volcano pool were under construction and the entire area was boarded off. We scored a pretty sweet deal to stay there during the construction and it didn't bother us at all, and we loved having the monorail.

Here's the new lobby as you walk in:

yMNhY-2nGwPppNlwDs3AzzVUdBennv1eUHTFP4YjHbHT=w965-h643-no

Yes gone is the massive hulking waterfall. I know a lot of people miss the "old Poly" feel but I thought the renovation gave the lobby some much-needed space and made everything seem brighter and airy. There's more seating areas too.

lz3HNcqAttuSKI_ZGFLITfZqhpRb8Y6JcguzE5ueRd85=w429-h643-no

I do love the new light fixture:

tfIOBLwYrqAWqTZdnwqUUXYS8ytPp5Efp1v-4Q1Xjy0d=w965-h643-no

And the new check-in/reception area:

lF8XQkILjshZE9BJc44LFfFW46cg_Z6AuaA4wpsCx9sE=w965-h643-no

I'd love to stay here again!! The Poly is hands-down my favorite resort. I love anything tropical and Polynesian/Hawaiian and when you combine it with Disney, it's just the perfect vacation. The Poly can do no wrong at least for me! I just wish it wasn't so expensive!

I was actually a little bit early, so I knew where I wanted to go...Trader Sam's Grog Grotto! I went there and opened the nondescript wooden door, and entered a very dark room. I went to the hostess and was told there was a 45 minute wait. Yeah that wasn't going to work. But the hostess said there was free seating outside on the deck and a self-service bar with the same drinks. OK!!

So I went outside and thought it was even better than inside! It was bright and fun and there was some Ukelele playing.

sLXR6RIawJOuoUotUAdwBHMDQPBxAxBaF-r_vjRqWGbL=w483-h643-no

SHVUha8ispoZZ77qa7KX3Xy4Pdt_wg_TpD2Y_IwjQxHS=w483-h643-no

jq8hFwdzimOK-CtIMYUhmZ0VNXRXa-51nIgTtSIdx3Uz=w483-h643-no

The menu is the same as inside Trader Sam's.

BcGeDl1mcCMa0famvicCYI4XESaQX2cwLYrbbLPygI82=w483-h643-no

WkVRyjgJ7VOL7a4QWcv0IE5QZjqkdgvOr0VH75pPVatS=w483-h643-no

I saw a drink called the Tiki Tiki Tiki TIki Rum...Pyrate XO Rum with cream of coconut, pineapple and orange juices, served over ice and topped with spices. Sounded pretty good to me - and with a name like that...it couldn't be bad! Since I had missed the Enchanted Tiki Room this would make up for it!

U39NmW1H0wvTpUxLrxtPHAg3mrKY48zXEYyRGoL2hmov=w483-h643-no

YfkBrJMuSjs_z1yiWC9a_ZoHgsgnMRzY3RR-1ejv1wwe=w483-h643-no

It was a yummy tropical drink. A bit like a less creamy, less frozen pina colada. I loved the taste of pineapple with the slight touch of coconut and the spices added something interesting.

It was only after I got my drink did I realize the bartender was serving up some dole whip from the back of the bar. I asked, "Is that alcoholic dole whip?" and he said "Yes it is!"
Wow, if I'd known that I'd probably would have gotten that instead. But in lieu of our upcoming pig out session at 'Ohana I'm glad I didn't as it would have probably been a bit too much. I'd have to back and try that Dole whip though!

So I can't really say I went to Trader Sam's Grog Grotto but I did get a drink from there! :beach:

zLiPw3_2fhxB9XcIaaUfjnOERwudObcNX1jYN7Ikwa5r=w483-h643-no

I went to explore the stores inside the Poly before going up to check in for our 8pm ressie. I got some more pictures of the Poly while waiting.

heK-mtU2fcBVo-NKifE9oPJ013Y0WwOQxls1HuWG3HAd=w429-h643-no

1UfTPAdA8xnnN-Y95wsP3AYPhtplJFgZ0f_YRU7UliGY=w965-h643-no

v1rQV7MqVd1T62WMgLCJWIA8KkDjg-zriBu_WpbgeWZ8=w965-h643-no

I tried to take a picture of my t-shirt...Yes, I wore a Dole Whip t-shirt to the Poly. I was dressing for the occasion! I could only manage this selfie for now.

8oVB3HSJLueXlhyK_sQdiRsCfeqtxOdFOpKlNG3d7gR8=w483-h643-no

Luckily Chunkysis came at that time...I asked her where DH was and she said she didn't know as she spent the past 2 hours at MK doing some photopass pictures! She took this pic of me:

px1giqCHlW-L-l5vJmNifofj1UaBr3g06CYy5g9tmC0l=w965-h643-no

Aloha from the Polynesian Village with my Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum drink!

Here's CS's pics from her solo afternoon at MK!

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv33998%3Enu%3D3233%3E8%3C3%3E4%3B%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3763969982338nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv37%3A%3C3%3Enu%3D3233%3E8%3C3%3E4%3B%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D376396%3C962338nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3574%3B%3Enu%3D3233%3E8%3C3%3E4%3B%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D376396%3C955338nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv398%3C%3B%3Enu%3D3233%3E8%3C3%3E4%3B%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D376396%3B984338nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A235%3Enu%3D3233%3E8%3C3%3E4%3B%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3763963%3B%3B2338nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv35785%3Enu%3D3233%3E8%3C3%3E4%3B%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3763963%3B%3A3338nu0mrj

Boy, she was busy!
Then DH came and joined us. We got a pager and waited for it to buzz. 'Ohana was pretty crowded tonight. We got a nice view of the new volcano pool from the waiting area.

GsIR2AzKVAjOggOv2g30WRNG5GnPqfL6yJee6mzumRrq=w965-h643-no

_DM1cMa9fQ6VPdY53D50Ks4Gh8IrECVU8aAKSO1bQXDp=w429-h643-no

1vLhZ0vpFgXa1rcAS9JFmKB5SP9rzFwwF7evwK2TjIJe=w429-h643-no

This picture is funny. I kept pointing to the statue going, look, a Tiki butt!!

A_TtfW9PYi3lTP67mhsZEc1NkJ7nE5bKaBhorVsJxZTy=w429-h643-no

The Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum may have been a bit stronger than it tasted....

Soon we were buzzed (well, I sure was :lmao:)!
Stay tuned for 'Ohana and some late night MK fun!!

Last edited:

Catching up!

What can I say, my sister loves her character pictures!
I love the dresses she wears! They're adorable!

Those simba waffles look sooo good.

Nice picture of the lion! I was so happy when we got to see the male when we rode it this year. :drinking:

She went over to Rafiki's Planet Watch, an area that I'd never been to! She said it was really fun and that I should check it out.
Its so much fun. I thought it might be a little to "little kidish" for us, but when we got there we spent a lot more time than I thought we would exploring!

Now, THAT looks delicious! Makes me want to try Yak and Yeti....

The Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum may have been a bit stronger than it tasted....

:rotfl:

Great update!

We haven't eaten at Yak & Yeti since our "first" (sort of) family trip in 2008. We really liked our meal, but Boma keeps winning out for us when we are in the area. All of the entrees sounded and looked good, as did the dim sum (yum) and drinks. Passionfruit is my favorite!!!

I have never been over to Rafiki's Planet Watch. Looks interesting, though, just never want to spend the time there. As you pointed out, AK is always so HOT and it is usually a half-day park for us.

Nice park break with a swim and a visit to DTD. Thanks for the fashion show- cute shirts. I love that you take your shopping seriously and really analyze your purchases!

Yours are some of, maybe the first, pictures I have seen of the new Poly lobby. Awesome! I agree- that chandelier is really intriguing. Can you still see the castle from the Poly lobby window? I hope so!

I am very jealous that you visited Trader Sam's. We really wanted to go when we were in Disneyland, but never made it over to the DL hotel. The TTTTT Rum sounds fabulous and has the cutest name. I think you have to smile and sing it when you order it. Am I wrong?

Love this picture. I hope you don't mind if I share one of my own.

P8220022.JPG

Ben (2008)

Love all your dressing room photos, especially that donald and daisy shirt. Glad you got it, it is adorable!

Great idea to hit up Trader Sam's while you waited. I knew they had the outside area, but no idea that it was self service. Was there wait staff at all or did you order food and drinks from the bar? I figure we'll try it next trip and since we'll have a toddler in tow figure outside is the best option

I love your dole whip shirt, where did you get it?????

Love all of your sisters pictures as usual. As much time as I've spent on the dis i really don't think I've seen someone who loves characters and photopass as much as here ; ) Disney certainly didn't make any money on her MM purchase.

Thanks for all those pictures of the Poly lobby! We also are huge fans, but haven't been there since the renovations (and I hadn't seen many pictures yet). I'm not sure what I think overall, as I loved the waterfall and ambiance, but I do like those light fixtures and I agree that it looks very bright and open now. Your drink sounds good too! Definitely need to make it to Trader Sam's next time (we didn't get there last trip). Hope you have a good dinner at 'Ohana!

Thanks for all those pictures of the Poly lobby! We also are huge fans, but haven't been there since the renovations (and I hadn't seen many pictures yet). I'm not sure what I think overall, as I loved the waterfall and ambiance, but I do like those light fixtures and I agree that it looks very bright and open now. Your drink sounds good too! Definitely need to make it to Trader Sam's next time (we didn't get there last trip). Hope you have a good dinner at 'Ohana!

I still am not convinced that it's better. I really loved the waterfall, and luckily, we got to stay there before it was removed. I like the look of the lanterns and lobby, and it is more airy and bright. However, I am still holding a candle for the waterfall. As for the Pineapple Lanai and Trader Sam's, I give them a big thumbs up:thumbsup2 I can't wait to try Trader Sam's on our next visit. Capt Cooks looks and feels better too.

I only had time to shop and walk around World of Disney a little bit before I had to leave for the Poly. I bought some stuff for my nieces and off to the bus stop!

I waited about 10 minutes for a Poly bus. I find the line at DTD for resort buses a little confusing. I think I actually waited on line for the Contemporary for a little while but there were few people at the buses anyways.

I was excited to see the Poly after it's transformation. When I stayed there last year with CS, the whole lobby and volcano pool were under construction and the entire area was boarded off. We scored a pretty sweet deal to stay there during the construction and it didn't bother us at all, and we loved having the monorail.

Yes gone is the massive hulking waterfall. I know a lot of people miss the "old Poly" feel but I thought the renovation gave the lobby some much-needed space and made everything seem brighter and airy. There's more seating areas too.

I do love the new light fixture:

And the new check-in/reception area:

I'd love to stay here again!! The Poly is hands-down my favorite resort. I love anything tropical and Polynesian/Hawaiian and when you combine it with Disney, it's just the perfect vacation. The Poly can do no wrong at least for me! I just wish it wasn't so expensive!

I was actually a little bit early, so I knew where I wanted to go...Trader Sam's Grog Grotto! I went there and opened the nondescript wooden door, and entered a very dark room. I went to the hostess and was told there was a 45 minute wait. Yeah that wasn't going to work. But the hostess said there was free seating outside on the deck and a self-service bar with the same drinks. OK!!

So I went outside and thought it was even better than inside! It was bright and fun and there was some Ukelele playing.

The menu is the same as inside Trader Sam's.

I saw a drink called the Tiki Tiki Tiki TIki Rum...Pyrate XO Rum with cream of coconut, pineapple and orange juices, served over ice and topped with spices. Sounded pretty good to me - and with a name like that...it couldn't be bad! Since I had missed the Enchanted Tiki Room this would make up for it!

It was a yummy tropical drink. A bit like a less creamy, less frozen pina colada. I loved the taste of pineapple with the slight touch of coconut and the spices added something interesting.

It was only after I got my drink did I realize the bartender was serving up some dole whip from the back of the bar. I asked, "Is that alcoholic dole whip?" and he said "Yes it is!"
Wow, if I'd known that I'd probably would have gotten that instead. But in lieu of our upcoming pig out session at 'Ohana I'm glad I didn't as it would have probably been a bit too much. I'd have to back and try that Dole whip though!
So I can't really say I went to Trader Sam's Grog Grotto but I did get a drink from there! :beach:

I went to explore the stores inside the Poly before going up to check in for our 8pm ressie. I got some more pictures of the Poly while waiting.

I tried to take a picture of my t-shirt...Yes, I wore a Dole Whip t-shirt to the Poly. I was dressing for the occasion! I could only manage this selfie for now.

Luckily Chunkysis came at that time...I asked her where DH was and she said she didn't know as she spent the past 2 hours at MK doing some photopass pictures! She took this pic of me:

Aloha from the Polynesian Village with my Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum drink!

Then DH came and joined us. We got a pager and waited for it to buzz. 'Ohana was pretty crowded tonight. We got a nice view of the new volcano pool from the waiting area.

Stay tuned for 'Ohana and some late night MK fun!!

I don't see how you can stay for a just a bit in World of Disney. I become mesmerized when I enter that store and time has no meaning anymore.

I love the Poly, but I sure do miss the waterfall. I am very jealous about Trader Sam's. There are just too many good drinks. I don't know how I will choose between the Uh Oa, the nautilus, or the Dole whip with alcohol. I think I might have a big hangover after visiting:drinking1

We have only eaten at Ohana for breakfast. I need to make time to go to dinner there. So many ADRs, so little time.

I have never noticed the tiki butt. That's awesome:rotfl2:

Catching up!

I love the dresses she wears! They're adorable!

She says Thanks!

Those simba waffles look sooo good.

They were! They were just like Mickey waffles!

Nice picture of the lion! I was so happy when we got to see the male when we rode it this year. :drinking:

Thanks! Me too! It's hard to sometimes see the lions so this was a good photo op.

Its so much fun. I thought it might be a little to "little kidish" for us, but when we got there we spent a lot more time than I thought we would exploring!

Yeah me too! Definitely will have to go back and bring DH as well.

Now, THAT looks delicious! Makes me want to try Yak and Yeti....

It's a good choice!

Great update!

We haven't eaten at Yak & Yeti since our "first" (sort of) family trip in 2008. We really liked our meal, but Boma keeps winning out for us when we are in the area. All of the entrees sounded and looked good, as did the dim sum (yum) and drinks. Passionfruit is my favorite!!!

Passionfruit is so good! I thought Yak and Yeti was solid but next time we may do Tusker again. And yeah if we're in the area I'd like to do Boma again too.

I have never been over to Rafiki's Planet Watch. Looks interesting, though, just never want to spend the time there. As you pointed out, AK is always so HOT and it is usually a half-day park for us.

Yes agreed. I think we skipped over many areas...Dinoland included. I'm not a fan of dinosaur or that ricket-y coaster so thought there wasn't much for me to do there. But Rafiki's is worth a stop just so you can say you're been there. :lmao:

Nice park break with a swim and a visit to DTD. Thanks for the fashion show- cute shirts. I love that you take your shopping seriously and really analyze your purchases!

Thanks! LOL, when WDW is charging an arm and a leg per t-shirt they better be worth it so I have to really think about it before I buy it.

Yours are some of, maybe the first, pictures I have seen of the new Poly lobby. Awesome! I agree- that chandelier is really intriguing. Can you still see the castle from the Poly lobby window? I hope so!

I didn't get to check the view, but none of that has changed, and if anything the view should be better since the lobby has opened up so much.

I am very jealous that you visited Trader Sam's. We really wanted to go when we were in Disneyland, but never made it over to the DL hotel. The TTTTT Rum sounds fabulous and has the cutest name. I think you have to smile and sing it when you order it. Am I wrong?

I visited the outside of Trader Sams! I never actually got to sit in the grotto part. It's just like an outside patio with a bar. I think they did have some waitstaff there, but if you didn't have a table then you can just order drinks there. I think I phrased the TTTTTR more as a question and less as a song. LOL :rockband:

Love this picture. I hope you don't mind if I share one of my own.

View attachment 112245

Ben (2008)

Aww that's really cute! Too funny! I'm sure that statue is the butt of many jokes. (Pun intended).

Adorable Donald and Daisy Tank Shirt -- great choice :)

Thanks! It was so cute!

Love all your dressing room photos, especially that donald and daisy shirt. Glad you got it, it is adorable!

Thanks! It was cute and comfy!

Great idea to hit up Trader Sam's while you waited. I knew they had the outside area, but no idea that it was self service. Was there wait staff at all or did you order food and drinks from the bar? I figure we'll try it next trip and since we'll have a toddler in tow figure outside is the best option

I think if you got a table (first come, first served) you got waitstaff...but if you're just hanging around like me, it's just like a regular cash bar. I took my drink with me while walking around the poly. All the tables were taken on the patio and with good reason, it was a nice night, there was ukelele music, and great views. It was also right before dinner so many people were having drinks.

I love your dole whip shirt, where did you get it?????

Thanks! I got it at Tren-D at DTD 2 years ago. I seem to do well with that store! Lots of cute stuff. I always get a lot of compliments when I wear it. Most people say "OMG, I love Dole Whip!" :rotfl2:

Love all of your sisters pictures as usual. As much time as I've spent on the dis i really don't think I've seen someone who loves characters and photopass as much as here ; ) Disney certainly didn't make any money on her MM purchase.

Of course they aren't going to make any money on MM...we're trying to milk WDW for as much as we can considering they run away with a big chunk of our money each year...:lmao:HAHAHA

Yes the waterfall is gone...but at least now there is more room! It definitely feels more modern too. I like it. It still retains that old world tiki feel, and the addition of Trader Sams just adds to it. We always enjoy Ohana! Stay tuned for that post.

I don't see how you can stay for a just a bit in World of Disney. I become mesmerized when I enter that store and time has no meaning anymore.

I know what you mean...but I had dinner calling me...and my stomach always wins:lmao:

I love the Poly, but I sure do miss the waterfall. I am very jealous about Trader Sam's. There are just too many good drinks. I don't know how I will choose between the Uh Oa, the nautilus, or the Dole whip with alcohol. I think I might have a big hangover after visiting:drinking1

A lot of people miss the waterfall. Sadly is is like an era long gone...I'd just drown my sorrows in dole whip and rum. :drinking1

We have only eaten at Ohana for breakfast. I need to make time to go to dinner there. So many ADRs, so little time.
I have never noticed the tiki butt. That's awesome:rotfl2:

Yes, it's the craziest dilemma...what ADRs to make at WDW? :surfweb: <-- That's me at 6am making ADRs 180 days out.
I hadn't noticed the tiki butt before either. I always took the tiki statues for granted at Ohana but I guess this one just stood out to me this time! :rotfl2:

Last edited:
I would definitely be lit after one of those drinks! I am such a lightweight now!

Ahh...I LOVE Ohana's for dinner!

This is probably one of my favorite PP pictures ever! First, I don't look that fat here. It was just a flattering angle/pose. Also, there was no one else in the picture! Finally we look like we're alone at MK! The lighting was great, the flag blowing in the breeze...everything just worked!!

Love this picture, hope you got it framed! It's very rare that you are able to take a pic in front of MK without people in the background! Great updates, I've been away doing summer things with the kids and am finally caught up! I also love O'hana for dinner although my favorite restaurant is Whispering Canyon :)

Tooooo many comments as I caught up.......

1. Reading your TR while waiting for dinner for was a bad idea. My mouth was watering. Have added some new things to my restaurant list. Mine keeps getting bigger and bigger, too. I would like to suggest the Wave at the contemporary. I have had B, L, and D here and it was all good! It makes a nice place to have a break when at MK.

2. SWW looked amazing. I am amazed at how much you accomplished especially with all those character pics.

3. For good weather, we enjoy going to WDW during our spring break which is usually the 1st or 2nd weekend in March. We have found the crowds to be light and the weather nice. You might have to endure some storms, but a poncho makes for short ride lines. It is not nearly as hot as May and June.

4. LOVE your pics! It looks like you and your sister are super good at getting th best character pictures. You guys had so much fun!

5. I think that disney should hire you for some promotional advertising! You have inspired me to go back and try some different things - Dole whip with alcohol..... yachtsman....SWW character meals to name a few. You have done a great job on this report!

Thank you for sharing!

I would definitely be lit after one of those drinks! I am such a lightweight now!

Ahh...I LOVE Ohana's for dinner!

Yeah I know, me too. I used to be able to drink more but that was a long time ago (like college years!), I realize I don't need alcohol to have fun - just lots of Disney!

LOVE Ohana!!

Love this picture, hope you got it framed! It's very rare that you are able to take a pic in front of MK without people in the background! Great updates, I've been away doing summer things with the kids and am finally caught up! I also love O'hana for dinner although my favorite restaurant is Whispering Canyon :)

Thanks!! I did print it out on my photo printer and I plan on framing it!
No worries, glad to see you again! I hope you're getting excited about your cruise! I know ours is so far away but I can't help but buy "cruise clothes" as I like to put it. LOL. Did you hear they have discontinued the complimentary signatures on the pillowcases and frames, etc? It's sad as I thought it was such a perfect item but at least I got it once.

I will definitely have to put Whispering Canyon on my list! I have so many on my must try list!

Tooooo many comments as I caught up.......

Welcome!!

1. Reading your TR while waiting for dinner for was a bad idea. My mouth was watering. Have added some new things to my restaurant list. Mine keeps getting bigger and bigger, too. I would like to suggest the Wave at the contemporary. I have had B, L, and D here and it was all good! It makes a nice place to have a break when at MK.

LOL! The Wave is definitely on my list. It's just hard to get from resort to resort for breakfast but I can see this being a nice stop for lunch or dinner while at MK!

2. SWW looked amazing. I am amazed at how much you accomplished especially with all those character pics.

Yeah me too! It helped we had the character meals otherwise we'd be on line for hours with all the characters in the parks.

3. For good weather, we enjoy going to WDW during our spring break which is usually the 1st or 2nd weekend in March. We have found the crowds to be light and the weather nice. You might have to endure some storms, but a poncho makes for short ride lines. It is not nearly as hot as May and June.

We went in March of 2011 and it RAINED 3 out of the 6 days we were there. Sigh. But we still had a great time! The weather wasn't so bad this year. I know I complained about it but compared to last September when it was 99 degrees every day...this was honestly not bad in comparison.

4. LOVE your pics! It looks like you and your sister are super good at getting th best character pictures. You guys had so much fun!

Thank you! We had a blast!

5. I think that disney should hire you for some promotional advertising! You have inspired me to go back and try some different things - Dole whip with alcohol..... yachtsman....SWW character meals to name a few. You have done a great job on this report!

LOL! Wouldn't that be the perfect job? Just go to Disney and write trip reports!! :disrocks:

Every year there is always something new to try! I get so excited when I read the Dis or other blogs about new food offerings, restaurants, and events. It's just so much fun!

Thank you for sharing![/QUOTE]

:thanks: for reading!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter