Chunkymonkey and Chubbyhubby Feed the Force!! A May 2015 TR - Update 10/29 Trip Epilogue!

I have really enjoyed your TR, it has just made me more excited for my trip that is coming up in 23 days!!! Thank you for sharing it with us.

I also thought you would get a kick out of the bday cake we had last weekend for my DH! :)

When he saw me reading your TR and saw the Comic Con pictures he practically pushed me out of the chair so he could see :)

Thank you so much! So jealous you're going in just a few weeks! I'll just have to live vicariously through your trip report! Hehe.

That cake, it's AWESOME! Did you make it? Now I'm thinking we'll have to get Steve a Star Wars cake for his b-day. LOL.

Hahaha too funny - Men :rolleyes:!!

YAAAAAY! I loved your TR! Usually coming to the end of a TR is so sad, but in this case, I totally relate to your sentiments about being exhausted and satisfied and now ready to be home. I felt like that in Sept 2014. But I also think that's a sign you did your vacation right!!! The perfect balance! :cutie:

Thanks! Yeah we were so tired, it was the right time to leave. But it was an awesome vacay! How will next year top that? LOL

I finally got to finish reading! Your Comic Con adventures looked like so much fun!

I feel like they do this parade during the hottest time of day!

I feel the same way! But it is such a good parade! We saw it for the first time this year and loved it!

I was literally exhausted. I think it was a sign that it was time to go.

I never am as tired as I get on a Disney vacation. And it always hits me the last couple of days. I told the Hubby that we need to take a couple days off prior to leaving next time so that we can rest up for our vacation! Lol!

I had kept a bag of my toiletries in my carry on bag, and I can quickly use the showers that were by the pool! Yes!

This is such a good idea! I may need to do this next time! We always go to the park on our last day and this year I was sticky and gross and really wished I had thought about this.

Guess most people were coming to Disney, not leaving.

This always makes me super sad! I am heading back to the real world and their vacation is just beginning! They should have a separate fake-o-rail for the people leaving Disney located away from the ones just arriving. Haha!

There were so many things I wanted to do but never got a chance to on this trip. I guess that's why we keep going back to the magic of WDW!!

I always make lists, and still never can hit them all! That is exactly why we love going back, there is always something new to experience!

Hope you all will follow us along on our next Disney adventure...we're doing it all over again except it will be EVEN MORE EPIC because I'll be celebrating my 40th Birthday!

I will be along for the ride!

Thank you for sharing your amazing trip! I really enjoyed reading along! It gave me some really good ideas! Can't wait for the next!

One of your last attractions of the trip was the Carousel of Progress? Win! :thumbsup2

Wow, even YOUR SISTER didn't stop for Photopass pictures?! You MUST have been exhausted! :faint:

What an excellent idea to take a quick shower! It's an awful to feel hot and sticky, especially when it's combined with a plan ride!

Thank you so much for a wonderful trip report, Su-Lynn! I can't wait to follow along on your next trip report! :goodvibes

Great trip report! I loved it! Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Heading over now to read your PTR!

I finally got to finish reading! Your Comic Con adventures looked like so much fun!

It was really fun! We always have a good time at Comic Con.

I feel the same way! But it is such a good parade! We saw it for the first time this year and loved it!

It's a great parade! We caught it for the first time this year as well. Last year when we were in MK on the day we wanted to watch the parade it was rained out. But this year, it was the opposite, so hot and humid!

I never am as tired as I get on a Disney vacation. And it always hits me the last couple of days. I told the Hubby that we need to take a couple days off prior to leaving next time so that we can rest up for our vacation! Lol!

I know right, I feel like I need a vacation after Disney! LOL. I was thinking of doing the parks then cruise next year for that reason, but in all honestly if I did it that way, I would do nothing on the cruise except sleep and eat, and I'll miss out on all the fun activities! The idea does appeal to me. Maybe after we cruise a few more times, we can take a step back and not have to do everything. (Although I say I can do this at Disney every year and I always just power through Disney like it's our first time).

This is such a good idea! I may need to do this next time! We always go to the park on our last day and this year I was sticky and gross and really wished I had thought about this.

Yeah I had no idea the front desk were able to supply us with towels. And if you were at a mod or deluxe resort you can always just take the pool towels. This was a lifesaver and made me less grumpy on the plane back home LOL.

This always makes me super sad! I am heading back to the real world and their vacation is just beginning! They should have a separate fake-o-rail for the people leaving Disney located away from the ones just arriving. Haha!

Hahaha, yeah it's like rubbing it in your face that your vacation is over!

I always make lists, and still never can hit them all! That is exactly why we love going back, there is always something new to experience!

Exactly! I know there are always going to be new rides, restaurants, snacks, shops...it's a never ending cycle! I have to go back!

I will be along for the ride!

Thank you for sharing your amazing trip! I really enjoyed reading along! It gave me some really good ideas! Can't wait for the next!

Thank you for reading Dawn!! See ya on my PTR! :flower1: I'll be sure to catch up on your TR now! So excited!

One of your last attractions of the trip was the Carousel of Progress? Win! :thumbsup2

I'm so glad I did not miss this. It was also really nice to take a breather and sit in the a/c on a hot day!

Wow, even YOUR SISTER didn't stop for Photopass pictures?! You MUST have been exhausted! :faint:

We were completely drained! :faint: but in a good way!! :thumbsup2

What an excellent idea to take a quick shower! It's an awful to feel hot and sticky, especially when it's combined with a plan ride!

Yup! I felt so much better after!

Thank you so much for a wonderful trip report, Su-Lynn! I can't wait to follow along on your next trip report! :goodvibes

Thank you for reading Jenny! I am anxiously following along on your TR now to tide me over until our next trip!

Great trip report! I loved it! Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Heading over now to read your PTR!

Thank you so much!! See ya on my PTR!!:banana:

Trip Epilogue and Best-of lists!

Like I did with my DCL Cruise TR, I thought I'd post a little round-up of some of our favorite and not so favorite moments of this trip. This trip was one of the best Disney trips we've taken! The weather was nice for the first half of the week, and it was extra special because it was our first Star Wars Weekends and Flower and Garden festival. We had a lot of character meals and it's gonna be hard to pick a favorite!

• Best Moment of the Trip: Seeing myself twice on screen at the Symphony in the Stars fireworks pre-show at DHS. Because I'm pretty sure that this will never happen again.
  • Best Food: On this trip, we thought the best food was a tie between Garden Grill and Rebel Hangar.
  • Best Restaurant Theme: This is a tough one as I do love them all, but I would have to say Sci-Fi Dine in for the Galactic Breakfast.
  • Best Character Meal Interaction: So tough to choose. We had so many. But for this I would say Rebel Hangar because I got a picture with Chewy without having to wait on line! Oh and I traded with a Jawa and got ripped off. :rotfl:And those glow cubes...LOVE.
  • Best Quick Service: Be Our Guest breakfast! Quick Service that leans more towards table service, and I love dining in Beast's castle. Next time I'll pre order our meals so we'll be in and out of there in record time!
  • Best Nighttime show: It was so hard to pick one but since it was Star Wars weekends, I'd have to pick Symphony in the Stars. It was so awesome and the dessert party didn't hurt either.
  • Best Stage Show: I honestly don't think we saw too many, so by default it would probably be Festival of The Lion King.
  • Best Character Meet (not at character meal): Without a doubt, Baymax! I got a fist bump ba-la-la-la-la! I hope his meet n greet returns. He was so awesome, even though his line was a bit long.
  • Best Place to Take a Break: I found myself taking more breaks at Gaston's Tavern this trip. It was never crowded and we always found a seat, plus I can get a Lefou's Brew. :thumbsup2 But in all honestly, any dark attraction that has air-conditioning and music made for a nice rest. (CoP, Philharmagic)
  • Best F&G Kiosk Snack: Frushi! Fruit + Sushi = Magic :wizard:
  • Best New Food Discovery: Soft serve strawberry azuki bean ice cream at Kabuki Cafeat Epcot's Japan Pavilion. It was delicious!
  • Best New Ride/Attraction Discovery: Well, I had never been to Rafiki's Planet Watch so that was pretty cool! I enjoyed my solo trip there.
  • Funniest Moment of the trip: Chunkysis beating us to Cinderella's Royal Table and we still don't know how. We thought we were light years ahead of her.
  • Most Embarrassing Moment: Spilling popcorn in 7DMT. popcorn::
  • Best Random Moment: Meeting Tracy at MK! It was just a coincidence we met but it was awesome! Hope to meet again Tracy! :hug:

Here are our least favorites. I don't want to use the word "worst" because nothing really, was horrendous, and being at Disney already trumps everything else.

• Least Favorite Meal: There was nothing we didn't like on this trip, but if we had to pick one, Cinderella's Royal Table just didn't wow us compared to everything else, plus it was very expensive and we didn't think it was worth the price in the end. Meeting the princesses was fun but we could do that at other meet and greets.
  • Least Favorite Moment: End of day at MK, walking back to the furthest bus stop, Gate 34. Sigh. :sad2:
  • Worst Ride Line: Well, probably that time we actually had to wait on line at Living with the Land. Huh? Never seen a line for this ride, even though it was not that long. The longest we had to wait was for Soarin' standby - probably about 25-30 minutes. I'm glad we got to ride Soarin' one last time before the new movie next year. I realized that Soarin' will be closed during our Feb 2016 trip.

Stuff I wish I did:

• Eat more. Well, if that was possible. I think I could have squeezed in a few more snacks here and there though.
  • Scheduled the Star Wars meals for different days. If I could, I would book the 2 meals and dessert party for different days, or a maximum of 2 per day, because all 3 in one day plus the regular events, parades etc made it pretty hectic to get everywhere we needed to be. I mean we did it and had an awesome day, but next time I'll probably spread it out over 2 days just so we could make it on time to the parade and get the first pick of the theater shows.
  • I still have not watched the Finding Nemo show, lol. I keep saying on every trip that I'd watch it but we never get around to it or it's playing at a time that isn't convenient for us.
  • I also wish I went to the Enchanted Tiki Room because I missed that on this trip and it's just a classic. I made up for it with a Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum drink at Trader Sam's though.
  • Spent more time at Disney Springs. Yeah it happens at every trip. Hopefully next year I can get a moment to chill in the springs for longer. There are sections of Disney Springs I have not seen in years!

Well, that's it folks! Finally, this TR is over! I can't wait to do this all over again next year! Follow along on my February 2016 40th Bday PTR - there's lots of stuff going on at WDW now and I can't seem to keep up! Also DH and I are celebrating our 7th Wedding Anniversary on Nov 1st, and we're jetting off to Hawaii (Oahu) next week! I'll be posting a mini-TR in my PTR! Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
Yay, love the wrap-up! I might have to incorporate something similar into my next TR. Thanks so much for taking us along to travel vicariously with you! :cutie:

Yay, love the wrap-up! I might have to incorporate something similar into my next TR. Thanks so much for taking us along to travel vicariously with you! :cutie:

Thanks! Yes you should incorporate it into your TR, I feel like it gives nice closure to a trip, and lets you ponder all things disney as you write it. hehe.
Thanks for reading! I can't wait to read about your trip coming up soon!

GREAT TR! Makes me sure I wanna do Star Wars Weekends (or whatever it becomes) one year.

Thank you!! Star Wars weekends was great! I hope they continue it, at least until the new Star Wars land is finished, because then it'll be Star Wars weekend every day! :thumbsup2

Awesome trip report, thank you! Can't wait until the next one. Happy Anniversary, have a great trip!

Great wrap up!!!

Happy Anniversary.gif

I know you will have a fantastic time in Oahu. Can't wait to read all about it.

:beach:

Great Wrap up! Looking forward to the next one!

I have to live vicariously through TR's for now since I don't know when I'll be able to get back there next.

Oh my goodness!!!!!! I have been gone for soooooo long because we were planning for our October 11th Disney Wonder cruise and disneyland after cruise get away.

I have so much to comment on and need my keyboard for that!

I'll also send you my TR. Still a work in progress!

Awesome trip report, thank you! Can't wait until the next one. Happy Anniversary, have a great trip!

Thank you!!

Great wrap up!!!

View attachment 132472

I know you will have a fantastic time in Oahu. Can't wait to read all about it.

:beach:

Thanks Dee! You know I will! I'm gonna gain 5 lbs in Hawaii. :lmao:

Great Wrap up! Looking forward to the next one!

I have to live vicariously through TR's for now since I don't know when I'll be able to get back there next.

Thank you!! Yeah I do that too when I don't have a WDW trip planned...I lurk around the DISboards and read everyone else's TR.

Oh my goodness!!!!!! I have been gone for soooooo long because we were planning for our October 11th Disney Wonder cruise and disneyland after cruise get away.

I have so much to comment on and need my keyboard for that!

I'll also send you my TR. Still a work in progress!

Hi there!! Good to see you again! How was your trip?? Yes, send me your TR or I will go find it on the DCL board, hehehe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter