CHRISTMAS VACATION (The Trip, Not the Movie): 12/19 - We're back, TR link on p. 25

Ugh, that IS insane! I'm sorry you had to deal with that :(

Also, I am glad you got tickets to MVMCP! I think it looks like so much fun and I will be there on Dec. 10th. Your plans so far look awesome!

You must have told your house you were going on vacation, lol. That's what happens when you let it know--something breaks.

Sorry to hear about your plumbing problems. It's really horrible, but it's things like that that make me really happy to live in an apartment. My parents thought I was crazy when my husband and I were looking to buy a condo. They just don't understand how we could want to live in a place with no yard. My point of view is: no upkeep on a yard, i have concierge service, a pool i'm not responsible for maintaining, a gym, a maintenance staff on premise if something in my unit breaks, continental breakfast on sundays, and lots of other perks. Plus we don't want to stay in Las Vegas forever, just until we're both done with school. When we start having kids, we'll move somewhere where grass grows (far from this dry desert!:banana:), and buy a real house with a yard. Until then, I'm thankful I don't have to worry about all those other things.

And congrats on choosing MVMCP!!! I've never been, but I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to see the awesome pictures you bring back from there. I'm loving the MNSSHP pics on your other thread!

So sorry to hear about your plumbing issues. It's definitely the worst side of being a homeowner. But, what Christmas gift could be better than a clean plumbing and Disney? :rolleyes1

Glad to hear you added MVMCP back into the itinerary. I think it's something to do at least once in your Disney career. Plus, the "snow" on Main Street and the special Wishes is pretty cool! The shows...eh, they were ok. I'm not huge on shows so maybe not the best person to comment on those. Oh, and the parade was pretty cool too. I think I like "Boo to You" better, but the Christmas one is up there.

I second that!! Last February we all of a sudden woke up one morning to no water. NONE! So, a family friend that has a plumbing business came to check it out. Well, the well pump went. However, our pump was too deep for him to switch out. So, we called a larger company. They had to use a crane truck...our well is apearently really deep! And, what we were thinking would cost about $600 turned into $2000!!!!! :scared1::scared1:
On top of all that the day after the pump issue, out daughter was hopitalized for pnuemonia!! What a week we had!
Point being...if we were renters...never would have had the $2000 expense!

Ugh---that majorly sucks. I know I wouldn't have the expense if I was a renter, but I wouldn't have (hopefully) a good investment either---so with the good you take the bad, I guess. It doesn't make it any easier a pill to swallow though!

Also, I am glad you got tickets to MVMCP! I think it looks like so much fun and I will be there on Dec. 10th. Your plans so far look awesome!

I'm glad I got them either. I kept going back and forth and back and forth and purchasing them made me finally nail down my plans, so it was a bit of a relief.

You must have told your house you were going on vacation, lol. That's what happens when you let it know--something breaks.

That must be it, that was the house's way of paying us back for leaving for the weekend. Oh well---I guess it's a small price to pay for a weekend of Disney fun!

Whew...ok...caught up on this one! Sucks about your plumbing issues! :(

Yeah, tell me about it. But, they're all taken care of now---so that's one less thing to worry about in the upcoming months while we finish getting ready for The World.

And congrats on choosing MVMCP!!! I've never been, but I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to see the awesome pictures you bring back from there. I'm loving the MNSSHP pics on your other thread!

Thanks! I'm super excited about MVMCP now, even though I am reading that last year, the second to last party was one of the busiest ones. :eek: I'm glad you're enjoying the pics. I should come back with much better shots in December, now that I have a better grasp on what I'm doing.

Glad to hear you added MVMCP back into the itinerary. I think it's something to do at least once in your Disney career. Plus, the "snow" on Main Street and the special Wishes is pretty cool! The shows...eh, they were ok. I'm not huge on shows so maybe not the best person to comment on those. Oh, and the parade was pretty cool too. I think I like "Boo to You" better, but the Christmas one is up there.

I agree! Who knows when we'll be back to The World during the holidays (if ever) so I guess it makes sense to do it now while we can. Plus, I love being in the MK at night and with this built into the plan, we'll have two nights at MK instead of 1 night and 2 days---so it's all good! :santa:

A small update in the trip planning world for everyone.

The past few days, we had been getting FedEx door tags left at our house, saying that they were attempting to deliver something that had to be signed for. Well, I haven't ordered anything online (unfortunately) and after checking with DH, he hadn't either.

I tracked the number on the door tag and it was coming up as a package from somewhere in Georgia. Hmmmmmmmm. I started to think that maybe they were attempting delivery at the wrong address. We aren't home during the day, so I figured we'd have to go into Pennsylvania and try to pick it up at the FedEx location.

Well, DH came home from work for lunch today and happened to be here when the FedEx man came a-knocking. I got an e-mail that the package was from DVC. Another big hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I had taken a phone tour a month or two ago, so I assumed it was probably just another information/sales package.

I got home and what to my wonderous eyes would appear?! A Disney gift card!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

I completely forgot that I took the phone tour for the gift card deal they were offering. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. $25 more in my pocket to spend in Disney. :thumbsup2

Between my DH's Mastercard points, the change I've been collecting and the $25 Disney card that I just received, we now have just over $200 in basically "free" money to spend on this trip. AWESOME.

I'm definitely starting to feel the first bits of real "we're going back to Disney!!!" excitement about this trip. Can't wait! :santa:

Congrats on the Mickey Mail - $$ - that's the best kind.

Sorry to read about your plumbing problem. I think we have to replace our water heater. Trying to convince DH to replace it before it completley conks out is a hard sell. I really don't want there to be a problem with hot water while we're gone. (One of my sisters will stay with my Mom while we're away & I think they'll need hot water!)

Hi Ann! I'm coming along for your pre-trippie! We'll be at the Pop from the 10th - 14th, so maybe we can arrange a quick meet!

Edited to add: Ok, I posted before I actually *read* the report, so now I know you got rid of the Pop. Oh, well! Maybe we'll run into each other anyway!

Denise

WooHoo! I love Mickey mail... and Mickey mail with Mickey money is even better. :)

Stephanie

Sooooo...

Now that I have added tickets to attend Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on December 15th, that suddenly changes some of our other plans. Because I have absolutely nothing of interest to write about, I'm going to do an updated itinerary that now includes our new dining reservations, as well as the changes in park days. :santa:

Day 1 --- Dec. 12, 2009
9:30 - 11:30am / Flight arrives, take Magical Express and check-in @ Boardwalk Villas
11:30 - 2:00pm / Relax around the Boardwalk, unpack if our room is ready
2:00 - 5:00pm / Downtown Disney (lunch @ Earl of Sandwich)
5:00 - 8:00pm / Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba
8:00 - 10:00pm / Dinner at Todd English's bluezoo @ the Dolphin hotel

Day 2 --- Dec. 13, 2009
9:00 - 2:00pm / Disney's Hollywood Studios (lunch at Brown Derby @ 11:30am)
2:00 - 7:00pm / Relax at Boardwalk Villas (dinner at Flying Fish @ 5:30pm)
7:00 - 10:00pm / Disney's Hollywood Studios (shakes/onion rings at Sci-Fi @ 9:00pm)

Day 3 --- Dec. 14, 2009
7:30 - 1:00pm / Magic Kingdom (pre-opening breakfast at Crystal Palace @ 8:15am)
1:00 - 3:00pm / Relax at Boardwalk Villas, change for dinner (lunch at ESPN Club)
3:00 - 5:30pm / Tour Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridinal Hotel
5:30 - 8:30pm / Magic Kingdom for Spectro @ 7:00, Wishes @ 8:00pm
8:30 - 10:30pm / Dinner at California Grill in Contemporary Resort @ 9:00pm (hoping to snag an earlier time)

Day 4 --- Dec. 15, 2009
9:00 - 11:00am / Breakfast at Kona Cafe @ 9:30am
11:00 - 3:00pm / Relax at Boardwalk Villas, prepare for MVMCP
3:00 - 12:00am / MVMCP (dinner at The Plaza @ 4:00pm)

Day 5 --- Dec. 16, 2009
(sleep-in morning after MVMCP)
11:30 - 7:00pm / Animal Kingdom (lunch at Yak & Yeti @ 12:30pm)
7:00 - 9:30pm / Dinner at Jiko in Animal Kingdom Lodge @ 8:00pm

Day 6 --- Dec. 17, 2009
9:00 - 11:00am / Epcot's Future World
11:00 - 12:00pm / Behind the Seeds tour
12:00 - 9:30pm / Epcot's World Showcase (dinner at Le Cellier @ 8:00pm)

Day 7 --- Dec. 18, 2009
8:00 - 9:00am / Breakfast at Kouzzina on the Boardwalk @ 8:00am
9:00 - 11:00am / Pack, check out of Boardwalk Villas
11:00 - 3:00pm / Magic Kingdom (lunch at The Plaza @ 1:30pm)

We will be at Epcot on the 17th and MK on the 18th!! Hopefully, we will see you around the world. :)

Stephanie

A bit of a vent---sorry guys!

We got back from The World on Monday night and noticed on Tuesday that our water was draining from the sinks/tub/washer/toilets craaaaazy slow. Thinking it was just a normal clog, we got some Drano and plunged a bit, but still no dice.

So the next day when trying to do laundry, we hear a splashing and go into the powder room to see the toilet overflowing with water as the washer was draining. :scared1: This would happen every time we flushed another toilet, used the dishwasher, etc.

Soon enough, not only was the toilet overflowing---it was starting to get backed up. Without going into too much detail, let's just say that things that should be heading out to the sewer seemed to be gurgling back up through the sewer line and into our powder room toilet.

DH went out and bought some like industrial strength blockage breaker stuff, as well as a snake to run through the plumbing. It didn't work.

We ended up calling Roto-Rooter and had them come out to take care of it.

The grand total for them to snake our sewer line and put a bottle of chemical down the drain to clear everything out was...

$400!!! Insane.

Combine that with the $50 DH spent on supplies and today was a definite financial hit---so close to our trip and more importantly, so close to Christmas. My Christmas gift may end up being a trip to Disney and a clean sewer line. It's times like these I hate being a home owner. :headache:

Ugh!! I feel your pain... our house must have found out we are going too because our garbage disposal just went out. Hopefully, dh will be able to switch it out or we will have to add on some hefty install fees. Yuck!!

Stephanie

Hey Ann! I hadn't taken a close look at your planned itinerary until just now... WOW you've got some great ADR's! Between the Cali Grill, Jiko, and Le Cellier, you guys are hitting all my favorites!

Can't wait to hear your reviews of Kouzzina and the Brown Derby (and Bluezoo for dinner).

Oh, and I'll be at EPCOT on the 17th and MK on the 18th. Look for the woman carrying the Nikon D60 and looking like she's just taking pictures of everything. That will be me! :)

Sorry about the plumbing issues! Home ownership does indeed suck. I had a heating prob and then a gutter prob, which I still didn't solve yet. *big dramatic sigh here* LOL!

Yay :yay: for Money Mickey Mail. :thumbsup2 That's the very best kind.

Congrats on the Mickey Mail - $$ - that's the best kind.

Sorry to read about your plumbing problem. I think we have to replace our water heater. Trying to convince DH to replace it before it completley conks out is a hard sell. I really don't want there to be a problem with hot water while we're gone. (One of my sisters will stay with my Mom while we're away & I think they'll need hot water!)

It really is the best kind. I love free money! :banana:

I totally understand about not wanting anything to happen while you are having someone watch the house. The hot water heater and regular heater breaking is something I think about all winter long. Luckily, no issues with that yet. :rolleyes1

Hooray for Mickey mail! My favorite kind!!!

I didn't know I loved Mickey Mail so much until now. It has been all "Mickey e-mail" at this point---so having a FedEx with a gift card arrive was definitely an unexpected pleasantry. :goodvibes

Not only did you get Mickey mail...the best kind of mail...but Mickey money in that Mickey mail!!!!!!!

Could there be anything better than free money? I think not---especially when I thought I was taking the DVC phone tour for nothing. That'll show me to be skeptical of the Mouse! :santa:

Hi Ann! I'm coming along for your pre-trippie!

Edited to add: Ok, I posted before I actually *read* the report, so now I know you got rid of the Pop. Oh, well! Maybe we'll run into each other anyway!

Denise

WELCOME! Thanks so much for hopping over to this PTR. As you can tell by now, I did in fact change our first night's stay from POP to BWV. But that doesn't mean we won't see ya around---you never know who you may bump into in The World! :thumbsup2

We will be at Epcot on the 17th and MK on the 18th!! Hopefully, we will see you around the world. :)

Stephanie

The 17th we'll be in Epcot all day, starting in Future World and heading into the World Showcase around noon, not leaving until after dinner---so you may very well see us mozying around, attempting to drink/snack around The World! :faint:

Ugh!! I feel your pain... our house must have found out we are going too because our garbage disposal just went out. Hopefully, dh will be able to switch it out or we will have to add on some hefty install fees. Yuck!!

Good luck with the garbage disposal. Honestly I would be scared to replace the garbage disposal myself---just seems like a dangerous task. Leave it to the men, they can do with one or two less fingers if something goes wrong. ;) :rotfl2:

Hey Ann! I hadn't taken a close look at your planned itinerary until just now... WOW you've got some great ADR's! Between the Cali Grill, Jiko, and Le Cellier, you guys are hitting all my favorites!

Can't wait to hear your reviews of Kouzzina and the Brown Derby (and Bluezoo for dinner).

Hey Todd---thanks for dropping in. I'm glad to hear that Le Cellier is one of your favorites. I only booked it since it's the "it" place to eat in the World Showcase, but I'm not even sure if I'm looking forward to it yet.

Bluezoo for dinner was mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm good in October and I'm sure it will be again. I've got a review in my October TR, it most definitely gets two thumbs up!

Oh, and I'll be at EPCOT on the 17th and MK on the 18th. Look for the woman carrying the Nikon D60 and looking like she's just taking pictures of everything. That will be me! :)

Okay and you keep an eye out for the woman lugging the D90 with a huge rented lens attached that looks like she's going to pass out from lugging it around all day. :rotfl:

Sorry about the plumbing issues! Home ownership does indeed suck. I had a heating prob and then a gutter prob, which I still didn't solve yet. *big dramatic sigh here* LOL!

Yay :yay: for Money Mickey Mail. :thumbsup2 That's the very best kind.

Ugh, that stinks. I've convinced myself that owning a home will pay off in the long run, but who knows at this point! It's like that movie "The Money Pit" with Tom Hanks---nothing is going right and it's just SO MUCH WORK.

I'm going to pop over to your PTR right now, but wanted to see if you planned to do a Christmas Carol Train Tour mini-review in your PTR (for all I know, one is already started, I've been slacking). I followed your tweets and it sounded like you had a good time. I can't wait to see the movie to put me in the holiday mood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter