• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas tree or holiday tree?

I call it a Hanukkah bush! We had a "holiday tree" for awhile because for 4 years we were an interfaith couple. This year I started working on conversion so we are doing all the same traditions but just making it about Hanukkah so I don't have to give up the traditions I grew up with. Our Rabbi is totally cool with it as he points out my conversion doesn't change the fact I grew up with family traditions.

Amen. I can remember my dad watch two guys of different faiths argue about which one was right. They asked dad what he thought. He said if we were good we would meet God. The only difference is we take different roads to get there.

Christmas tree , until sometime around mid January. Then it becomes "the" tree, as in, can we finally take the tree down? It's time the tree gets taken down...I wish there was an easy way to take the tree down...guess I get to take the tree down by myself, again....

Last edited:

Christmas tree , until sometime around mid January. The it becomes "the" tree, as in, can we finally take the tree down? It's time the tree gets taken down...I wish there was an easy way to take the tree down...guess I get to take the tree down by myself, again....
We've always called it "the tree".

I will always refer to it as a Christmas Tree and will Wish You a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. We take the Christmas Tree down January 2nd. Then we start building the "Tax Tree". However, it is not nearly as pretty to behold....no colored lights, just a bunch of papers! Goal is to have this one dismantled by April 15th each year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter