Christmas tree or holiday tree?

I've never heard it called a Holiday Tree. It just doesn't roll off the tongue ... "Oh Holiday Tree, Oh Holiday Tree...":music:

People can call it anything they want. Remember the "free country" thing? My atheist and Muslim friends celebrate December 25 with a tree and Santa and family.

It really is the age of offence.

People can call it anything they want. Remember the "free country" thing? My atheist and Muslim friends celebrate December 25 with a tree and Santa and family.

It really is the age of offence.
I'm not offended, I just think it's ridiculous. It's like me deciding I want to call a hat an umbrella. Sure, they both cover your head, but they're not the same thing.

I have a Christmas tree and I have a menorah and they look great side by side. Not this year though because my tree is small - just in the bay window and the curtains wouldn't do well with the menorah, so the menorah is on the hutch.

I'm not offended, I just think it's ridiculous. It's like me deciding I want to call a hat an umbrella. Sure, they both cover your head, but they're not the same thing.

So if you don't celebrate Christmas (including no Santa) and don't decorate it with anything Religous or christmas related you would still prefer people call it a Christmas tree?

And just for the sake of it a menorah would be a chanukiah if it is being used to celebrate Hanukkah but just a menorah any other time and a driedel is just a top if it doesn't have the hebrew letters so can't an everygreen tree be just a tree if it has no Christmas stuff on it?

Also we don't really call it a Hanukkah bush we just call it "the tree".

So if you don't celebrate Christmas (including no Santa) and don't decorate it with anything Religous or christmas related you would still prefer people call it a Christmas tree?
Of course not! But to have a tree that is for Christmas, decorated for Christmas, but is called a Holiday Tree (so as to be PC) and not a Christmas Tree is super silly. See the poster below.

We have an artificial tree. At Christmas time, it's a Christmas tree, then it's a Mardi Gras tree, finally it becomes an Easter tree. Then it goes into the closet until next Christmas.
PERFECT!

Of course not! But to have a tree that is for Christmas, decorated for Christmas, but is called a Holiday Tree (so as to be PC) and not a Christmas Tree is super silly. See the poster below.

PERFECT!

Ok then it seems we are on the same level then! Ours is usually decorate with Disney stuff, Hanukkah stuff, and the blue and silver thus the joke that it is a "Hanukkah bush" but I agree if it is decorate for Christmas then yes it is a Christmas tree.

It's a Christmas tree in our house, but we really don't care. We're not Christian. Or anything. We just like holiday traditions. Certainly don't care what others call theirs.

kelsey.jpg

I call it a Christmas tree and celebrate the secular aspects of Christmas but I don't currently follow the Christian faith. I only halfway grew up in a Christian home...never went to church or even knew what religion was until I was about 9 or 10 and all of a sudden had to go. I started enjoying church between ages 15-18 and after that lost a lot of respect for all religions and couldn't associate with any because I didn't believe in everything they taught. I'm very torn on the whole religion thing -- I just don't feel it deep in my soul that it's real I guess but wish I did. I certainly miss some aspects of church. I just try to be a good person. :)

We call ours "a tree". As in, "let's go pick out a tree!" and "put that under the tree, please". We are a family consisting of a nonreligious traditionalist, a wiccan, an atheist, a questioning soul, and my new DIL. She was raised Buddhist, but she loves our Yule and Christmas stuff. I think we basically celebrate that we've made it to the shortest daylight of the year, and enjoy being a family together.

We call it a Christmas tree, but I hear them called holiday trees all the time. Which is fine, because I'm pretty sure they have nothing to do with Christ as some people like to so forcefully declare.
That's true enough. There were no evergreen trees in the bible or in the story of the nativity. I'm Christian and when I was growing up we didn't have a tree and we didn't celebrate Christmas because my parents were really religious and they didn't like the pagan history/connections of these things. As an adult I made my own choices and my kids grew up with a Christmas tree.

It is a Christmas tree here. If I see you I will wish you a Merry Christmas and I don't care if you wish me Happy Channukah or a Joyous Kwanza. I love whatever holiday you are celebrating and like to be included by you saying something special to me about it. If I know you celebrate another holiday such as Channukah I will wish you joy on your special day too.

Not all Christians celebrate Christmas. one pretty well known faith celebrates no holiday except Easter. But they don't have a tree at all.

If you put it up and decorate it for Christmas then its a Christmas tree. If you put it up and decorate for another celebration or holiday then it should be a "whatever you are celebrating" tree.

Holiday tree is just silly and too generic.

The tree has nothing to do with "the reason for the season" (or my reason, I should say) But for some people each part of decorating it has some representation of the birth. And even the tree being an evergreen represents something. But thats for them and their tree.

Like I said previously mine is a Christmas tree and the one at work and the one at the city square. But simply because they are put up and decorated for Christmas. If someone wants to have a "something else" tree, then they should call it what they want to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter