Christmas Tree lighting ceremony

nightrider68

Mouseketeer
Is this new this year (don't remember it last year) ?

Where is the best place to stand ?

Thanks

No idea if it is new, but the best place to stand is as near to the tree as possible on the main street side at the bottom - don't stand near the entrance to the arcade where minnie's party train comes out.

I stood on the corner of the pavement just up from the kodak shop, which was a great view aswell. Just get there early as it seems everyone seems to congragate around the tree after the parade.

At the bottom of main street outside the kodak shop, you can see 2 lamp posts either side of the road, that were they put the rope barrier, stand between these and when they put the barrier up you should be front of the crowd with best view.

Basically, the show is on a float that parks between main street and the tree.

16252_184211826563_534831563_3085565_1576422_n.jpg

Green= tree location
Red = Float direction and final parking spot
Blue= Rope Barrier
Yellow=suggested standing spot
orange=where I stood and got this view;
16252_184219156563_534831563_3085621_3732020_n.jpg

Thanks so much for posting that Waddi, I was thinking of standing on the train station queue area at Main St to watch this - but I would miss everything if I did that!

I stood the opposite side of the street from waddi and if you have seen my christmas video thats where i filmed the christmas tree lighting.

Ah thanks :) is there anywhere which states the times if they were to change?

Need to sort out dinner bookings, and don't want them to clash with either the parade or lighting.

Ah thanks :) is there anywhere which states the times if they were to change?

Need to sort out dinner bookings, and don't want them to clash with either the parade or lighting.

When are you going because sometimes the schedules are not released till a few days before the new week.

Do you know park hours yet? If the park shuts at 7pm, the Parade will be at 5pm, Christmas tree lighting at 6pm, 6.25pm lighting of the castle then 7pm will be fantillusion.

Hope that helps a bit.

17th - 21st of December.

The Park closes at 7pm on the first two days, but it open until 10pm on the last two.

Booking a meal for around 8pm in the Village for the first two nights sounds good to me. Will be eating in the park on the last two evenings i'm sure. Sorry for the barage of questions, but what time do park restaurants typically close when the park closes at 10?

Thanks for the help, eternally grateful :)

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest