• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas at Fort Wilderness Campground 2009

I have 12/31 & 1/1 booked in afull hook up site. I would like to change this to a prefered site because I have 12/23 to 12/31 booked in a prefered. Any one interested in the switch?

Is it usually booked up several months in advance? Must be very crowded then.:santa:

Yes, the Fort books solid months in advance for the weeks around Christmas. But, even when the Fort is full it still doesn't feel crowded. The main difference I notice is the crowds at the bus depots and boat dock... you won't have a launch all to yourself at Christmas, unlike some other times of the year. I have never had to wait for a shower even when the Fort is full, though that may not be the case in partial loops (where folks don't have their own showers).

HIH
ShantaClausSm.png

Were gonna be there December 30 to Jan. 5 I can't wait. It's not coming soon enough!

I've been trying for a while now to get a ressie from Dec. 28 into Jan., but no luck. Earliest anything opens up is Jan. 2 and that's a tent site. Looking online only - wonder if calling would make any difference?

Think my chances might improve at the 45-day mark?

It's worth a shot to call, and try at the 45 day mark.

This is THE busiest week of the year at WDW so it's possible the Fort has been booked up solid for quite some time. A couple of years ago I started trying in January to get a Thanksgiving week ressie and finally gave up in August - and Thanksgiving is nowhere near as busy as Christmas-New Years week.

I'd actually keep trying every day too - cancellations pop up here and there and you just might get lucky and snag something. Good luck!

These days as soon as I have an inkling of when we'll be going, I make our ressies at the 499 day mark to be safe.

We made our reservations for this January during our trip last January and even then I was only able to get from 01/02 - 01/20. Have been trying to add 12/30 till 01/02 to our dates for about 4 months now....with no luck!:headache: Never again! Already booked the New Years holiday for 2011! Now just waiting for them to release the January 2011 dates...but those should be easy enough!

wonder if calling would make any difference?

Think my chances might improve at the 45-day mark?

The online reservation and calling access the same database; that's what they told me, so it doesn't make a difference that way. The only thing would be if someone canceled while you were on the phone and they happened to catch it. So calling is good when you can't be at your computer.

The Fort books up for December starting, no lie, in May. We went through this last year. It took me from May to October to get the days we needed; you have to wait for people to cancel their trips or at least knock off days. It got to be that I'd have the web page open and would put in each day individually every 30 - 45 minutes. It's the only way I got it. Once I had everything, Disney put the separate days into one reservation. This year, we booked in Feb. because we were afraid of it happening again.

Even Bob Iger made a press statement last year saying he's amazed how well Fort Wilderness does.

Good luck!

Hey Shan-man,
When in December are you arriving and departing at the Fort (I can't find the old post that had that info)? We arrive the Dec 13th,,, WOW,,,, thats only a couple of months away !!!!!!

Thanks,
Dave

We have the site reserved through the 18th but need to cut it down. Oh wow, you arrive the 13th!? We leave the morning of the 14th! Will you have the castle set up the first night? I will be devastated if I miss your new show!

ShantaClausSm.png

We have the site reserved through the 18th but need to cut it down. Oh wow, you arrive the 13th!? We leave the morning of the 14th! Will you have the castle set up the first night? I will be devastated if I miss your new show!

ShantaClausSm.png

It takes me about 8 hours to put up the show. We arrive on the 13th around 2 PM. The first show is going to be on the night of the 14th. Crap. You should change your departure date to the morning of the 15th (If you stay, I"ll make it a point to have a couple of VERY nice bottles of wine on hand for the night of the 14th????). Just trying to intice you.

Dave

ShantaClausSm.png

Shan, we arrive on the 17th. You really need to extend your stay until the 18th!!! I'll have hot buttered rum and cookies on hand for you!! ;0)

Thanks for the help LuckyinGa. Hey Shan-man, are you getting the message????
I'll even through in a "waffer thin mint".

Dave

Hi Dave, we can't wait to see your castle while we are there and looking forward to saying hello in person. :santa:

I'm going to do my best to stay one extra night... no other incentives are needed, your show is reason enough (though I'll happily accept a glass or two since you're pouring!). I sure wish I could stay long enough to meet Joanne in person, but alas there is no way... you'll just have to come earlier!

ShantaClausSm.png

I'm going to do my best to stay one extra night... no other incentives are needed, your show is reason enough (though I'll happily accept a glass or two since you're pouring!). I sure wish I could stay long enough to meet Joanne in person, but alas there is no way... you'll just have to come earlier!

ShantaClausSm.png

Fair enough.
I understand that is you are very busy that time of year. An extra night would be great.

Dave

ShantaClausSm.png

Hey Shan-man.
Did we talk you into staying one extra night?

Dave

ShantaClausSm.png

Hi SM, We arrive on Dec. 5 through 14. Sure would love to meet a local boy in person. Happened to meet Stacktester last year just before we were leaving for home. I had just started DIS then but now I feel I know most of you. :yay:

Saturday the 5th until Saturday the 12th. Note: The ElementCamper will not have its conversion yet. Having an Ecamper made this spring and going to DL while they work on it!:yay:

Tent camping this time, and requested loop 2000 as have always stayed 1500, want to see how the other half lives!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter