Christmas at Fort Wilderness Campground 2009

Hey there!

I painted big cutouts of them all. I am a H.S art teacher so I was aching for a summer project. I have Wall-e with a Christmas tree in his boot, I intend to cover him with old fashioned big bulb Christmas lights. Eve is just hovering and laughing at him, and she will be also coattached to Wall-e via lights. Stitch came out lovely and he is wrapping a present for Lilo, and making a mess. (He was from some great clip art)- You cant miss our Bus- we will be in a big brown Wanderlodge, named Brigadoon. Its our first Christmas, and its a big secret to my 5 yr old!

WOW, can't wait to see it. Sounds like your summer project was a lot of work. Actually a labor of love, I'd bet. Look forward in seeing you guys at the Fort. Will keep and eye out for that big brown Wonderlodge. Your 5 year old is going to freak-out.

Dave

We are going on the Wonder from 12/13 to 12/17 and then will move over to FW to finish off the week. Looking forward to seeing all the decorations. We will be down in the 2000 loop because we have a little pop-up. But don't worry we will be making the rounds on our mountain bikes to check out all the decorations. Can't wait - this will be our 6th trip to FW this year - we live so close that we have gone over and spent several weekends. :banana:

Hey Trigal, we to live pretty close (Titusville, 1 hour away) and spend a lot of time at Fort Wilderness. Look forward in seeing you guys in December.

Dave
Have a Magical day.

When you do a 10 day online advance check-in can you request certain camp sites? I have one thing that is critical for my Castle show. I need a tree that is on the right/front side of my motorhome. I have identified 12 sites that will work. I just hope I can get one of them. Anyone know if you can get sites that you request???

Dave
Have a Magical day

I am having difficulties pinning down the reservation CM's on when the campground is open for advanced reservations. I was told 499 days, but then was told that they don't release the campsites until later than that and I should call back in October.

Unless something has changed recently, it's 499 days for campsites too. In fact I booked our Preferred Pet site for this November right at the 499 mark in '08.

Can you request a specific site??

You can request one, but it's just a request - there's no guarantee you'll get it, particularly during busy times of year.

Prevailing wisdom is to specify what you NEED in a site (near the CS or bus stop, close to dog walk, room for slides...) instead of a specific loop/site request.

That said, we usually go during a slower time of year and always put our top 3 choices and why we'd like them on our ressie, and then followed up with a fax a few days before we arrive, and so far we've had very good luck getting what we requested. :thumbsup2

The Conan Clan will be down from Dec 13 thru the 18th.

We don't know yet if we'll be two or three at that point.

The gauntlet is cast down and I shall rise to avenge! Let fly your scabbard and make your blade sing, for vengeance is mine and the glory the Lord's!! ... what? ohhhh! You meant

"Dual post"

sc_rofl.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist... the whole Conan duel thing got me carried away
sc_wink.gif

ShantaClausSm.png

we've never gone to ft. wilderness for christmas, but we've been there every year since 2004 for easter. what a great time it is being there. they've always got some great activities for the kids, and even for us adults. you're actually talking to the reining hot dog eating champion for easter 2009! most of all we enjoy the dodge ball contests and camp fires!

Hey Dave, I'm thrilled just to have some folks who "get me"... finding it funny is nothing but gravy!

ShantaClausSm.png

That must me the "Knights who say Ni" or is it "It's only a flesh wound".

Dave, also a Python fan

your mother was a hamster and you father smelt of elderberries....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter