Christmas at Fort Wilderness Campground 2009

Wow Dave the video of your castle show is very impressive. We plan to visit the fort and rent a golf cart for an evening. We will be there 12/11-12/16. I'd love to see your castle in person. Do you know when you will have it all set up? Also, do you know where you will be?

We arrive on Dec 13th. I takes me about 10 hours to have everything ready. So, with any luck it should be up and running for you guys to see on the 14th. I have no idea where we will be. I would love to get on the 700 loop. But I guess its just a pot luck where they put you. I guess people will post there campsite # when they arrive at FW? I'm not totally sure how that works. Anyway, look forward to seeing you guys in person at the Fort.

Have a Magical day.

Dave

Hey Dave, I was wondering if you would share the playlist you use for your show. In particular I'm interested in the medley of "Jingle Bells" "Sleigh Ride" "Bring out the Bells" that sounds like it is sung by Barry Manilow. I thought there was another medley that you used that ended with a horse whinny, but I can't seem to find it in either YouTube video. Anyway, I'm a big Christmas music buff and would love to know where these songs came from. I can't wait to see your display again, the videos just can't do it justice!

:santa:

Hey Dave, I was wondering if you would share the playlist you use for your show. In particular I'm interested in the medley of "Jingle Bells" "Sleigh Ride" "Bring out the Bells" that sounds like it is sung by Barry Manilow. I thought there was another medley that you used that ended with a horse whinny, but I can't seem to find it in either YouTube video. Anyway, I'm a big Christmas music buff and would love to know where these songs came from. I can't wait to see your display again, the videos just can't do it justice!

Hey Shan-man. The Jingle Bells song is a "Kay Thompsons" version. The Wish Upon A Star sequence is a combination of "Eric Kunzel" (it's a Disney, music CD, I can't recall the name right now) and the "Disney Wishes" CD. I took several cuts from Wishes and added (a little sound editing involved) them to Wish Upon A Star. This year I have made some changes to the Wish Upon A Star sequence. I have added "Tinker Bell" and a whole new ending that I think is even more Disney than last year. This year I am working on a new Disney sequence. Its from the "Disney, Holiday Wishes" CD. This sequence has been in the works for several months. I should have it done buy the end of October. I hope that answers some of you questions.

Dave

Hey Shan-man. Late note: the Jingle Bells song is sung by "Michael W. Smith". Oops,,,,,
Dave

Sure appreciate it. BTW, I bought the Christmas Wishes cd a couple of months ago and have been wearing it out! I love it! Looking forward to Tink's debut at FW!

I am so excited. My parents bought an RV and we came down for a few days this past Jan. (when it was REALLY cold). We had a wonderful time so we decided to come down for a few days in Dec. (6th-12th). I can't wait to see Disney at Christmastime. We have heard about people decorating their campsites and would like to do the same. Anyone got any pictures? Boy, I'd love to see that castle, but I think that will come after we leave.

I am so excited. My parents bought an RV and we came down for a few days this past Jan. (when it was REALLY cold). We had a wonderful time so we decided to come down for a few days in Dec. (6th-12th). I can't wait to see Disney at Christmastime. We have heard about people decorating their campsites and would like to do the same. Anyone got any pictures? Boy, I'd love to see that castle, but I think that will come after we leave.

Hey Ladcraig. The decorations are AWESOME. Just stay 2 more nights (it's only money) and I will have my castle ready. Would love to meet you guys in person.

Dave
Have a Magical day

Hey Shan-man. Just curious. Do people post there site #'s on this site when they arrive at Fort Wildeness? I'm not sure how it works.

Dave

Hey Shan-man. Just curious. Do people post there site #'s on this site when they arrive at Fort Wildeness? I'm not sure how it works.

Dave

Decided to give a real gift to the family... a return to the fort! Cabin Dec 19-27.

Honestly, we loved the Fort so much in June, I am convinced it is the best vacation.

I think Santa will visit the children, and I will take a Fort vacation for my Christma/birthday/anniversary gift!

Cannot wait to see all the decorations.

Dave

Sure, you can share your site number... but if you do I would not share your itinerary (when you will be at which park/restaurant). Doing so just advertises when you will not be at your site. Perhaps a little over-cautious, but you never know who might be lurking. No better way to ruin a vacation than to suffer a break-in.

Decided to give a real gift to the family... a return to the fort! Cabin Dec 19-27.

Honestly, we loved the Fort so much in June, I am convinced it is the best vacation.

I think Santa will visit the children, and I will take a Fort vacation for my Christma/birthday/anniversary gift!

Cannot wait to see all the decorations.

Hey Tloveswdw. You will love the decorations. Look forward to seeing you guys in December .

Dave
Have a Magical day

Sure, you can share your site number... but if you do I would not share your itinerary (when you will be at which park/restaurant). Doing so just advertises when you will not be at your site. Perhaps a little over-cautious, but you never know who might be lurking. No better way to ruin a vacation than to suffer a break-in.

Ain't that the truth.

Dave

We are excited to spend our 2nd trip to the fort and first at Christmas Dec 19-26! I just finished painting my Wall-e, Eve and Stitch Christmas decorations and hope they look great in comparison to the amazing decor I have already seen. Cant wait to see the Castle!

You will all be tired of hearing from me so this will be my last post tonight.;)

Does anyone know of an inexpensive storage place we could rent to store all the Disney Christmas Blow Ups so we don't have to keep lugging them back and forth every year from Georgia? We would love a small place near FW.

Thanks for any help.

Judy, Ken and the Angels

I don't know how much room you need, but I use an Owner's Locker.

www.ownerslocker.com

A couple or three of those have to be cheaper than storage in the Orlando area.

We are excited to spend our 2nd trip to the fort and first at Christmas Dec 19-26! I just finished painting my Wall-e, Eve and Stitch Christmas decorations and hope they look great in comparison to the amazing decor I have already seen. Cant wait to see the Castle!

Hey Vicatron, can you tell a little more about your Wall-e, Eve and Stitch decorations?

Thanks,
Dave

Hey there!

I painted big cutouts of them all. I am a H.S art teacher so I was aching for a summer project. I have Wall-e with a Christmas tree in his boot, I intend to cover him with old fashioned big bulb Christmas lights. Eve is just hovering and laughing at him, and she will be also coattached to Wall-e via lights. Stitch came out lovely and he is wrapping a present for Lilo, and making a mess. (He was from some great clip art)- You cant miss our Bus- we will be in a big brown Wanderlodge, named Brigadoon. Its our first Christmas, and its a big secret to my 5 yr old!

Other than a few small trips throughout the years, we usually tried to schedule a longer trip (anywhere from 2-4 weeks) every October. Fabulous weather and the bonus of all of the Halloween decorations and trick-or-treating. Two years ago, we changed our dates to January in order to take our nephew just following his Christmas break. And last year we had to postpone our October trip and ended up going for the 1st 2 weeks of January again. While we were there, I decided that I wanted to make a fitness goal of participating in the 1/2 marathon this January. Made my 2010 reservations in January 09 and was only able to get 01/02 - 01/20. Been trying to add 12/30, 12/31 and 01/01 for months but no luck yet.:sad2: Anyway, tons of sites were still decorated and weather was still great. So we are thinking of making our "big trip" each January and making the Marathon weekend a tradition.

Speaking of that...I am having difficulties pinning down the reservation CM's on when the campground is open for advanced reservations. I was told 499 days, but then was told that they don't release the campsites until later than that and I should call back in October. Just really want to get NewYears for Next Year since it looks like I might be out of luck for this year. Any info?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter