• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas all year long!

Day 9 sounds great! Although I too hate when you're closer to the end of your trip than the beginning. I love the CoP!! It's a must for us every year. I bet my Alex will fall asleep on it in Feb hah! I also love the decorations at GF. So so pretty! And the huge ginger bread house. I also LOVE the people mover. It's my favorite ride in tomorrowland. Even as a kid I loved it.

Saturday, December 17 -Day 9

I really hate this part in a trip. You know, when you hit the point where you are closer to the end of the trip than the start? Still we have a lot of fun left to have and by God we are GOING to have some fun.

I always think of this as the downward slide. :lmao:

We also intend to try a new-to-us cs restaurant.
GasparillaGrillGames.jpg

I never hear anything about this place, but the menu looked quite interesting and since we wanted to tour GF it looked like a good place to use a cs credit.

I love visiting the Grand Floridian. Don't think I'd ever want to stay there, but its so nice to visit.

Your plans look great!

You are gonna love the GF. It is so pretty at Christmas. I would love to stay there at Christmas some time, but I cannot justify the price tag at this point in life. So jealous you are leaving in 6 weeks!

Day 9 sounds great! Although I too hate when you're closer to the end of your trip than the beginning. I love the CoP!! It's a must for us every year. I bet my Alex will fall asleep on it in Feb hah! I also love the decorations at GF. So so pretty! And the huge ginger bread house. I also LOVE the people mover. It's my favorite ride in tomorrowland. Even as a kid I loved it.

:rotfl: I bet my Alex will fall asleep on it too.

I always think of this as the downward slide. :lmao:

I love visiting the Grand Floridian. Don't think I'd ever want to stay there, but its so nice to visit.

Your plans look great!

Yup, GF is not on my "wish list" but I do want to visit...especially during the holidays. :goodvibes

You are gonna love the GF. It is so pretty at Christmas. I would love to stay there at Christmas some time, but I cannot justify the price tag at this point in life. So jealous you are leaving in 6 weeks!

Yeah, I am having a hard time justifying the price tag of WL, so there is no way I would be able to justify the GF.

I can't believe 6 weeks from tomorrow!!! :woohoo:

I need to relearn my multiplication tables, cause I thought 6 weeks already went by. Oh Well!!!!

I'm thinking I'm not going to check my luggage with ME and pick it up so that way I don't have to wait until the middle of the night or the next day to get it and it puts me closer in time to being on the same ME as you!

Land at 8pm, 8:15pm walk off plane, 8:30pm luggage, 8:45pm check in for ME?

That was about how long it took me this trip to get stuff done. And if you really do land at 9pm, you coudl be at ME by like 9:20pm.

I need to relearn my multiplication tables, cause I thought 6 weeks already went by. Oh Well!!!!

I'm thinking I'm not going to check my luggage with ME and pick it up so that way I don't have to wait until the middle of the night or the next day to get it and it puts me closer in time to being on the same ME as you!

Land at 8pm, 8:15pm walk off plane, 8:30pm luggage, 8:45pm check in for ME?

That was about how long it took me this trip to get stuff done. And if you really do land at 9pm, you could be at ME by like 9:20pm.

Yup, I really could be at DME by about 9:20 since we just need to get our carry on bags and then get off the plane.

Maybe we could plan seeing where each of us are that evening. I don't want to make you wait a terribly long time.. and assuming I am up in the air still, I won't be able to get a text from you until we land. Soooo my thought is, text me when you get to DME which is gonna be right before I land. It is possible we will land a bit early. (maybe... at least when we fly alaska we almost always get in about 15 minutes early but since this is SW???:confused:) Anyway, I will turn my phone on when we land to see if you have texted me and I will immediately text you back. However, if you do get to DME LONG before my plane is going to land then just text me that you already made your way to Pop. :goodvibes

Great plans for the MK again, Ann! And again I am stunned at what you intend to pack into it ......:goodvibes

I know I do planning like that, but I know that we will most likely not follow through :rotfl2: so I am interested in finding out, if you will.

I am sure you'll love the Wave! Save enough room for dessert - yummy! :thumbsup2

Great plans for the MK again, Ann! And again I am stunned at what you intend to pack into it ......:goodvibes

I know I do planning like that, but I know that we will most likely not follow through :rotfl2: so I am interested in finding out, if you will.

I am sure you'll love the Wave! Save enough room for dessert - yummy! :thumbsup2

We do a pretty good job fitting everything in. However, this year we will be leaving the parks a lot more and trying to tour resorts... I am just not sure how much time that is actually going to take and if it will put us too off course... We will see.

And yes... the desserts are what sold me on going to the Wave! YUM!!!

While working up my last day in DHS i came to a horrible realization!!! I could not fit everything left I wanted to do it. Ya know what that means??? :lmao: Yup, I had to go back to our first day in DHS and rework it. Instead of posting the reworked plans, I will just edit that day in the previous post for that day (12/14). One I get i up I will let you all know and it will be accessible via the link on the first page.

I really hope I don't have to go through this when I hit the last day for each park. DHS is always hard though since there are all those shows that we HAVE to see.

While working up my last day in DHS i came to a horrible realization!!! I could not fit everything left I wanted to do it. Ya know what that means??? :lmao: Yup, I had to go back to our first day in DHS and rework it. Instead of posting the reworked plans, I will just edit that day in the previous post for that day (12/14). One I get i up I will let you all know and it will be accessible via the link on the first page.

I really hope I don't have to go through this when I hit the last day for each park. DHS is always hard though since there are all those shows that we HAVE to see.

yeah DHS is very hard!! There are still shows I've never seen because DH never wants to take the time. GL girl!! Hope you can manage to fit everything in!

Your day 9 sounds wonderful! I so envy your precise organization and plans! :thumbsup2 And I'm not sure who posted this but I also got 'sentimental' when someone said to check out the hot apple cider and chestnuts roasting on an open fire at the GF... I love silly details like that! :goodvibes

I'm having trouble fitting all of DHS into our allotted times as well! Do we dare wing anything on those days?? :confused3

Yup, I really could be at DME by about 9:20 since we just need to get our carry on bags and then get off the plane.

Maybe we could plan seeing where each of us are that evening. I don't want to make you wait a terribly long time.. and assuming I am up in the air still, I won't be able to get a text from you until we land. Soooo my thought is, text me when you get to DME which is gonna be right before I land. It is possible we will land a bit early. (maybe... at least when we fly alaska we almost always get in about 15 minutes early but since this is SW???:confused:) Anyway, I will turn my phone on when we land to see if you have texted me and I will immediately text you back. However, if you do get to DME LONG before my plane is going to land then just text me that you already made your way to Pop. :goodvibes

I will! Our plan is to drop everything in the room and head out to Epcot since its open until 12:30am. When does Steve and Alex get in? Next day is HS, AK, HS. Sunday is MK, resort hop, EP, MK - MVMCP and Monday is EP.

Very very busy three days!

Whoever says DHS can be done in a day or less is sadly mistaken! I am so glad that I have decided to give it almost 2 full days!

With 6 weeks left to go, I started a countdown calendar. Zoe and I worked on it. I think it turned out ok... a little simple and small..but it will more than do the job. I had thought about just using the disney advent calendar, but that has 25 days to count...and I wanted a bit more time. Behind some of the squares are markers to indicate that the kids get a gift that day. I purchased some stockings from dollar tree the other day and the gifts will go into those. Alex was less than excited...but Zoe was thrilled. :goodvibes

Here are the pics I have to share of the calendar and stockings....

IMG_0212.jpg

and a bit up close

IMG_0211.jpg

Zoe's stocking...
IMG_0213.jpg

Alex's stocking...
IMG_0214.jpg

It is kinda cool that all the Christmas stuff is starting to show up in stores. :woohoo:

yeah DHS is very hard!! There are still shows I've never seen because DH never wants to take the time. GL girl!! Hope you can manage to fit everything in!

We are definitely missing some things. American Idol...had to go. Playhouse Disney on stage... no go. I just hope we can fit the rest in without killing ourselves.

Your day 9 sounds wonderful! I so envy your precise organization and plans! :thumbsup2 And I'm not sure who posted this but I also got 'sentimental' when someone said to check out the hot apple cider and chestnuts roasting on an open fire at the GF... I love silly details like that! :goodvibes

I'm having trouble fitting all of DHS into our allotted times as well! Do we dare wing anything on those days?? :confused3

I have a pretty full schedule for both our DHS days... not sure I will be able to wing anything on either day.. :confused3

I will! Our plan is to drop everything in the room and head out to Epcot since its open until 12:30am. When does Steve and Alex get in? Next day is HS, AK, HS. Sunday is MK, resort hop, EP, MK - MVMCP and Monday is EP.

Very very busy three days!

those are very busy days!

Steve and Alex land about 11pm on 12/9 (assuming they have the flight) Not sure if I mentioned, but their flight got changed again and I had to call in. The flight they were getting switched to this time made it so that in all likelihood they would not fly out until 12/11. :headache: For now it is squared away...but it seems to keep being a problem.

The only park we are going to go to while you are there is MK and only for the MVMCP. I figured since we are not getting park tickets before we check into WL, we should go to the party on one of our "non park" days.

Whoever says DHS can be done in a day or less is sadly mistaken! I am so glad that I have decided to give it almost 2 full days!

Even with 2 full days I am not sure I will get it all done.:confused3:confused3

Cute calendar! That is one thing I am missing - the countdown calendar. But I think it might give it away to the kids if I put one up. :rotfl:

I seriously think I have a calendar fetish though... I love them... I love to fill them out... I know... it's weird. :rotfl2:

With 6 weeks left to go, I started a countdown calendar. Zoe and I worked on it. I think it turned out ok... a little simple and small..but it will more than do the job. I had thought about just using the disney advent calendar, but that has 25 days to count...and I wanted a bit more time. Behind some of the squares are markers to indicate that the kids get a gift that day. I purchased some stockings from dollar tree the other day and the gifts will go into those. Alex was less than excited...but Zoe was thrilled. :goodvibes

Here are the pics I have to share of the calendar and stockings....

IMG_0212.jpg

and a bit up close

IMG_0211.jpg

Zoe's stocking...
IMG_0213.jpg

Alex's stocking...
IMG_0214.jpg

It is kinda cool that all the Christmas stuff is starting to show up in stores. :woohoo:

LOVE the countdown calender!!!

We are definitely missing some things. American Idol...had to go. Playhouse Disney on stage... no go. I just hope we can fit the rest in without killing ourselves.

So is playhouse Disney still there? I thought it was closed for some reason. If it's open, i can't WAIT to take Alex!!! I've never had a reason to check it out before! Hope you can make it to all your "must do's" :) But you know it won't be your last trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter