Christmas, a birthday, and one very big question... Now with a taste of London!

I've loved reading your trip report. Lots of great photos. Congrats on the engagement by the way.

Can I ask... the winter Minnie hats? How many variations were there? Can you remember a few of the designs? Also, how much were they?

Thanks!

If I remember correctly the hats were 15 euros each.

Here are two of the designs...

The classic Minnie colours

tr7-1.png

The leopard print with silver bow

tr29-2.png

I remember there was also a white design with a pink bow, and a red design with white polka dots and a white bow.

Those are all I remember, however there may have been more!

Cant believe it over already! Loved this TR one of the best I love it is jam packed with photos! xxxx

Cant believe it over already! Loved this TR one of the best I love it is jam packed with photos! xxxx

I can't believe it either! I'm already obsessing over our next trip, planning lots of new things so our next TR will be fresh and exciting.

I'm just going to have to fill my time with reading other TRs - speaking of which I can't wait for yours, and to see more of Elsie's magical wardrobe! :lovestruc

For now I'm getting excited about engagement-y things instead. We've just booked a photographer for an engagement shoot in April, and it's been so much fun looking for ideas and inspiration! Definitely going to slip a Disney notion into it somewhere, possibly one of us will wear our Mickey and Minnie wedding pin.

Days 6 & 7

It took us a while to crawl out of bed (especially Grant and I after four mornings of EMH!) however around lunch time we headed over to Borough Market. My dad works nearby and often pops down to get some lunch, so he was very excited about showing us everything.

Our first stop was for mulled wine - we'd been able to smell it for ages and couldn't resist when we finally found it being sold. We then wondered around taking in all of the sights and smells, stopping briefly to buy a big bag of Turkish delight. When we came out the other side we crossed London Bridge and got some photos.

tr1-6.png

tr2-6.png

The afternoon was spent wondering around Knightsbridge and Harrods. We stopped for lunch at Patisserie Valerie, and by the the time we came out it was dark. Having heard all of the hype, we headed over to the Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park by foot.

The Winter Wonderland was heaving, and compared to our quiet week at DLP it was quite overwhelming. Grant and I kept sarcastically despairing over the fairground rides painted up with ripped off Disney characters, and in particular two rides called 'Pirates of The Caribbean' and 'The Mad Hatter's Tea Cups'. Admittedly they looked good for fairground rides, but compared to their Disney namesakes they were pretty laughable. None of us were too enthused about standing in massive queues for below-par rides, so instead we caught a cab over to Covent Garden where we hoped the crowds would be quieter.

tr3-5.png

tr4-5.png

Covent Garden was lovely; busy, but nothing compared to the Winter Wonderland. We loved the decorations (they definitely lived up to what we'd come to expect at DLP) and there was a far more relaxed atmosphere. We bought a few treats from the market stalls and my sister and I visited our favourite shop - Ladurée!

tr5-5.png

tr6-5.png

Back at the flat we relaxed with some wine and snacks. I uploaded the second load of DLP photos to my laptop, and my sister and I got started on our Ladurée macaroons.

tr7-5.png

The next morning we made an effort to get up earlier and did a bit of classic London sightseeing.

tr8-5.png

tr9-5.png

tr10-5.png

tr11-6.png

tr12-5.png

We decided to make the main attraction of the day 'Ripley's Believe It Or Not'. My little sister loves the books and nags us to go every time we visit London. It was fairly expensive to get in, however after our initial financial resentment it actually turned out to be a great place. There was something for everyone, a really nice little cafe, and we had great fun trying out the mirror maze and laser challenge.

tr13-5.png

We headed over to Covent Garden again in the evening. I managed to sneak in a visit to my favourite shop, Urban Outfitters, and we came across some great street performers. We had dinner at Canteen, which is a nice little undercover restaurant. Since we were technically outside there were gas heaters either side of our table, and the giant bauble decorations were hanging above us. We all had great classic British dishes like winter stew, sausage and mash and pie; it was all simple but very well done.

On the way back to the flat we stopped off at the O2 for drinks. We needed to go somewhere where my little brother and sister could sit without any issues, and ended up at the bar in TGI Friday's.

tr14-4.png

tr15-5.png

We had an array of cocktails (which were far cheaper than those w'd indulged in at DLP!) and finally headed back to the flat at gone ten feeling a little light headed. However none of us were so far gone that we could pass up a photo with the Coca Cola Christmas lorry!

tr16-5.png

Back at the flat we had a couple of games of pool before we all went to bed. We had to be up early in the morning to get everything packed and get heading on our way back to Cornwall.

It had been an amazing, life changing week! My ring went off to be a resized a couple of days after we returned to Cornwall, and is now back and perfect size. We had an idyllic Christmas and New Year with my family, and we're now in the process of finding a flat together in Bath and planning our next trip to Disneyland Paris!

I would love a couple of days in London just for the Disney store lol! Love the idea of Disney making some sort appearance in your photo shoot lol x

I just spent the last hour reading your TR,I usually just scan through them but it's so lovely!!

Seems like you had a really magical trip, what a lovely DF you have. Congratulations and all the best!

We're going in June and now I'm a little jealous of your Christmas trip! I want a minnie hat and hot choc! :rotfl: A Christmas trip will definitely be on the cards once we're back, we intended to go November of last year but the prices were just too high, you've sealed it for me to try again soon though!

We didn't even order when we went to waits they hardly had anything that was in the menu I was really disappointed have never bothered trying to go back! It looks a bit upper class for us with Elsie as well lol x

That's such a shame. Try not to let it put you off though, we went there with our then 3 year old and 18 month old and it was by far the loveliest dining experience we had (and we had some other great ones!). Our waitress was so attentive with the little ones, she brought them out a little glo figure to play with (the ones that go on the cocktails) each, Tink for DD and Hook for DS. They still play with them now! We bought a childs meal for them to share but asked for an extra bowl when it came to dessert, she very kindly just brought out a dessert each for them (DSs on the house)
We did go at a quiet time (about 1:30 I believe) so perhaps that was why but it was lovely none the less.

I just wanted to say what a fantastic TR this has been :thumbsup2

Congratulations again on your engagement and I wish you both a very happy and magical future together :goodvibes

That's such a shame. Try not to let it put you off though, we went there with our then 3 year old and 18 month old and it was by far the loveliest dining experience we had (and we had some other great ones!). Our waitress was so attentive with the little ones, she brought them out a little glo figure to play with (the ones that go on the cocktails) each, Tink for DD and Hook for DS. They still play with them now! We bought a childs meal for them to share but asked for an extra bowl when it came to dessert, she very kindly just brought out a dessert each for them (DSs on the house)
We did go at a quiet time (about 1:30 I believe) so perhaps that was why but it was lovely none the less.

I think may be when Elsie is a little bit older we will try again but I really enjoy doing the character meals with her. I have never really bothered with characters in my previous trips to Disney (24 of them DLP, WDW, DL) I have done the things I wanted to do before I had Elsie now its all about my little princess and I love it :lovestruc

I would love a couple of days in London just for the Disney store lol! Love the idea of Disney making some sort appearance in your photo shoot lol x

It was a nice way to top it all off, although I do resent not getting a chance to visit the Disney Store! At the moment we're just going to include our pin. There will probably be a slight little mermaid vibe anyway considering I have bright red hair and we're doing it by the sea - might throw in some seashells for good measure! :lmao:

I just spent the last hour reading your TR,I usually just scan through them but it's so lovely!!

Seems like you had a really magical trip, what a lovely DF you have. Congratulations and all the best!

We're going in June and now I'm a little jealous of your Christmas trip! I want a minnie hat and hot choc! :rotfl: A Christmas trip will definitely be on the cards once we're back, we intended to go November of last year but the prices were just too high, you've sealed it for me to try again soon though!

Thank you so much, I'm flattered that it kept you gripped! :flower3:

You will most likely have better weather than we did, so that's definitely something. However saying that I do highly recommend Christmas - I doubt I could visit at any other time of year. DLP and Christmas just go hand in hand for me now. :santa:

I just wanted to say what a fantastic TR this has been :thumbsup2

Congratulations again on your engagement and I wish you both a very happy and magical future together :goodvibes

Thank you so much, that means a lot! It's been so lovely re-living it all here, and the fantastic response has made it even better :hug:

Bravisimo! What a fantastic report and pictures. Thank you so much and congrats!

Aww your TR was just perfect, your photos are insanely beautiful specially the one with the castle at night!

You so look like Kat Dennings (Nick and Noah's Infinitive Playlist)! :D

Congratulations on your engagement, SO perfect! Jealous isn't the even the word!

Me and the BF just got back from WDW in October and going to DLP in Sept, can't wait to have such a lovely time like you's :D

Thank you so much! It really was perfect :lovestruc

I've been compared to Kat Dennings before, people either say her or Kate Winslet. :lmao: Personally I don't see either, but thank you nonetheless.

I hope you have a wonderful time at DLP!

Bravisimo! What a fantastic report and pictures. Thank you so much and congrats!

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you :flower3:

What a lovely TR! We're coming over from the states next December to go to DLP and I can't wait. When did you go? The crowds look very manageable in your pictures, so I'm hoping it is reasonable when we are there as well, but we'll be there around Dec. 20 - 22. I'm afraid that it will be quite busy with Christmas and everything.

Congratulations on your engagement!

What a lovely TR! We're coming over from the states next December to go to DLP and I can't wait. When did you go? The crowds look very manageable in your pictures, so I'm hoping it is reasonable when we are there as well, but we'll be there around Dec. 20 - 22. I'm afraid that it will be quite busy with Christmas and everything.

Congratulations on your engagement!

Sorry for the late response!

We went from the 12th-16th December - the last week before the schools broke up for Christmas so it was very manageable. We're hoping to do the same last year, we're just waiting for this years uni timetables to make sure assessments allow it...

Fingers crossed :thumbsup2

I'm a bit late to the party, but I've just read your TR all the way through and wanted to say thank you for sharing!! :goodvibes

I guessed what was coming from the title but that didn't stop me from welling up - that will teach me to be on here at work!! :lmao: I have to echo all the other posts and say what a dream proposal - how romantic! :lovestruc

Your photos are really lovely too! :thumbsup2 Some great ones of the castle at night and some great ones of food too! ;)

Congratulations on your engagement, may your future together be all you dream of! :cloud9: :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter