• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas, a birthday, and one very big question... Now with a taste of London!

Loving this so much already - your photos are fab especially fantillusion. I'm so glad you liked HNY and that Grant got into the magic straight away! Looking forward to the rest. Ps your hair is so pretty, jealous!

Thank you so much! I'm so glad that everything worked out too - we're already talking about another trip next December! :cloud9:

Im really enjoying the TR.

What time would you say you visited Annettes boths times? And how was the wait?

Monday was probably around half two, but they didn't have many staff on and they weren't using all of the tables - so despite a smaller turnaround, we were waiting for about ten-fifteen minutes.

Tuesday was just gone seven. They had more staff on and they were using all of the tables, so despite a longer queue, we were only waiting five-ten minutes.

Glad you're enjoying the TR! :goodvibes

OK, I am all caught up and I am loving your TR :goodvibes

You both have the biggest smiles in the photos and it looks like you are having a wonderful time :cloud9:

I am so excited to read the next installment popcorn::

wonderful, magical, fantastic TR. Love every bit of it. And photos are just great. Enjoying everything.

Your photos are amazing :goodvibes

I'm really enjoying reading along and like everybody else wishing to know what happens next ;)

-I'm also in awe of your hair couleur and wish mine was as vibrant :goodvibes -

OK, I am all caught up and I am loving your TR :goodvibes

You both have the biggest smiles in the photos and it looks like you are having a wonderful time :cloud9:

I am so excited to read the next installment popcorn::

I'm so glad you're enjoying it! It really was a lovely trip, and it's so nice re-living it now as I share it with everyone here. :lovestruc

wonderful, magical, fantastic TR. Love every bit of it. And photos are just great. Enjoying everything.

Thank you so much! I hope you continue to enjoy it as events unfold. :goodvibes

Your photos are amazing :goodvibes

I'm really enjoying reading along and like everybody else wishing to know what happens next ;)

-I'm also in awe of your hair couleur and wish mine was as vibrant :goodvibes -

Thanks, Carrie! I'm glad you like my photos, we were really pleased with them.

And thanks for your comment about my hair - it's taken me a long time to get it so vibrant!

Day 3 - Part 1

Grant woke me up at quarter past six singing happy birthday, and although I was extremely tired, I was even more excited about spending my birthday in DLP! He gave me my first present, two beautiful framed silhouettes, and insisted that my second present would have to wait until later. We took our time getting ready, and were seated in Park Street Diner just as it opened for breakfast. Grant kept saying that since it was my birthday he was going to try his hardest to make me the first into the park that morning. Because of this breakfast was a fairly short affair, and we were at the park gates by twenty to eight.

Once through the main gates, Grant hurried me to the turnstiles where I managed to be the first in line at one of them. Five minutes later, the park opened, and with a bit of luck our turnstile was one of the first to spring to life. I may not have been the very first person into the park, but I was in the first three.

We were the first people walking down Main Street, and it looked amazing with no other people around. We didn't hang around too long as people were coming down behind us, and Grant was keen to push onto the castle.

tr1-3.png

It was lovely being the only people in the castle, and once upstairs we took our time wandering through the gallery. It was so quietly peaceful; I was already beginning to feel reminiscently emotional. When we went out onto the balcony they were testing the carousel, so although no one was riding it the lights were spinning prettily and we could hear the faint music. In front of the central stained glass window of the three good fairies, Grant stopped and said he had my last birthday present. He pulled a little box out of his pocket, went down on one knee, and proposed! I flung my arms around his neck and burst into tears - it took me a good couple of minutes to finally say yes! Once I regained myself, he put the ring on my finger. It was a few sizes too big but I was too happy to care. He caught a few photos of me half crying on the balcony, before we went downstairs and got a photo together in front of the Christmas shop.

tr2-3.png

I was feeling a bit overwhelmed, and we both felt like we needed a bit of down time to let everything sink in. We found a bench in a quiet corner of Fantasyland where we just sat and cuddled and laughed for a while, before taking a ride on an extremely quiet Peter Pan. It was the perfect ride for the moment. We had a ship to ourselves, with empty ships around us, and I just sat contently tucked under Grant's arm. It felt really magical, and Peter Pan has been one of my favourites since.

The teacups were a walk on, so we had a quick ride. I was smiling away the whole time.

tr3-2.png

When we finally tore ourselves away from Fantasyland, we stopped off at Buzz for a spin. Grant managed to get to Level 5, I wasn't so lucky!

The weather was so much better than yesterday morning, so we spent a good half hour just wondering around, dipping in and out of shops and taking photos. There was still a good hour before rope drop so it was lovely and quiet.

tr4-2.png

tr5-2.png

tr6-2.png

tr7-2.png

By half nine we needed a sit down, so we tried out Cable Car Bakehouse. I adored the decor and the smell was wonderful! This place became our little early-morning haven for the rest of the trip.

tr8-2.png

tr9-2.png

As rope drop approached, we attempted to get on Big Thunder Mountain for the first ride of the day. Unfortunately we discovered that it was closed that morning, as was Indiana Jones! Nonetheless, Grant grabbed a quick photo with his favourite ride.

tr11-3.png

Feeling a little disheartened, Grant suggested we went to the castle shops so that he could buy me another birthday present, so I suggested that we went past the dragon into the shop above.

Grant was really impressed by the dragon, and we got a few token photos.

tr10-2.png

Grant regretted offering to buy me 'anything I wanted' when he saw some of the prices in the shop, however was relieved when I picked out a modestly priced pair of Swarovski Mickey earrings. They match my ring perfectly!

tr14-1.png

Before heading back to the hotel to call home and deliver the news, we tried Phantom Manor. Thankfully it was open, and afterwards we had a quick look around the gravestones.

tr13-2.png

Next up - an afternoon of pixie dust!

Wow! Congratulations! What a fantastic surprise and what a brill birthday :) (my bf proposed to me as a surprise birthday pressie too! though not in disney, unfortunatlely!) Very happy for you both :) x

:love::love:CONGRATULATIONS!!!:love::love:
Wow, I suspected this was coming and kept checking back for updates :rotfl:what an amazing story! I hope you told Disney you got engaged there they would most likely give you some pixie dust :cloud9:
I bet Peter Pan will always be your favourite ride now!

Wow! Congratulations! What a fantastic surprise and what a brill birthday :) (my bf proposed to me as a surprise birthday pressie too! though not in disney, unfortunatlely!) Very happy for you both :) x

Thank you! I don't think I've ever been more surprised in my life, definitely the best birthday present I could have wished for. :lovestruc

what kind of camera do you have? love how your pictures look

I use a Canon EOS 350d. It's fairly outdated now, but at the same time it's a great beginners SLR and I couldn't ask for anything more from a camera! You can buy them used for the same price as a higher end compact camera.

CONGRATULATONS!!!!! :flower3:

Thank you! :cloud9:

:love::love:CONGRATULATIONS!!!:love::love:
Wow, I suspected this was coming and kept checking back for updates :rotfl:what an amazing story! I hope you told Disney you got engaged there they would most likely give you some pixie dust :cloud9:
I bet Peter Pan will always be your favourite ride now!

I guess the title of the TR isn't very subtle! :lmao:

I'm so glad I finally got to writing this part, I was so excited about sharing it. We did mention it at City Hall when altering our dinner reservation for that night, but other than some warm smiles and congratulations there was no extra pixie dust. :confused3

We're almost definitely going again next December, so I guess it might be worth mentioning to the hotel that we got engaged there exactly a year ago!

I guess the title of the TR isn't very subtle! :lmao:

I'm so glad I finally got to writing this part, I was so excited about sharing it. We did mention it at City Hall when altering our dinner reservation for that night, but other than some warm smiles and congratulations there was no extra pixie dust. :confused3

We're almost definitely going again next December, so I guess it might be worth mentioning to the hotel that we got engaged there exactly a year ago!

You definitely should, its always worth a try!
I bet you had a lovely christmas when you got back too - were your family surprised?

Congratulations how magical!

Welcome to the engaged at Disney group :)

Love you TR I love that there are so many photos x

I bet you had a lovely christmas when you got back too - were your family surprised?

It has been really lovely, we spent the few days after DLP in London with my family so I'll definitely post some of those photos at the end of the TR.

My were very surprised, but also very happy for us. We've been together for three and a half years now so deep down they kind of saw it coming - although maybe not so soon! :rotfl:

Welcome to the engaged at Disney group :)

Love you TR I love that there are so many photos x

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it. :goodvibes

I'm glad to be a part of the group! I've stumbled across a few engagement TRs in the past and wondered if I'd ever be that lucky. :lovestruc

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it. :goodvibes

I'm glad to be a part of the group! I've stumbled across a few engagement TRs in the past and wondered if I'd ever be that lucky. :lovestruc

Same! I used to spend hours reading people's TRs that got engaged at Disney and would ah over them! I never expected to get engaged there!

I can't wait for the rest of this TR! A good TR helps with my addiction lol!

Loving the TR and HUGE congratulations on your engagement!

Same! I used to spend hours reading people's TRs that got engaged at Disney and would ah over them! I never expected to get engaged there!

I can't wait for the rest of this TR! A good TR helps with my addiction lol!

I'm already itching to plan another trip, but I'm keeping the urge at bay by looking through old TRs... I'm not sure whether it's helping or not!

I hope you enjoy the rest, hopefully I'll get the next installment posted tonight. :goodvibes

Loving the TR and HUGE congratulations on your engagement!

Thank you so much!

Day 3 - Part 2

Back at the hotel, we called my parents to deliver the news. My mum was initially shocked, but then very excited. My dad made a few jokes about having to hunt Grant down before admitting that they were both very happy for us. My brother was excited about Grant being his future brother in law and my sister burst into tears!

After a bit of time to ourselves we headed back into the park. Since we were having dinner at Inventions, we decided to go to Bella Notte for lunch. It was very busy, but we'd expected that. I loved the decor for a counter service restaurant, and we found a nice little table tucked away in a corner. We both ate from Menu 3, a soft drink, a pizza, a salad and a mini tiramisu. It was all fairly tasty for the price, and overall very good value.

tr15-2.png

We went on It's A Small World whilst our food went down, before moving onto Alice's Curious Labyrinth.

tr17-2.png

tr18-2.png

tr19-2.png

tr20-2.png

We had a real laugh getting lost together (or as lost as you can get in Alice's Curious Labyrinth!) and taking photos at all the stops. The view from the castle is my favourite angle of Fantasyland, it looks so beautifully landscaped.

tr21-2.png

tr22-3.png

tr23-3.png

We moved onto Pirate's of The Caribbean, gazed longingly at Blue Lagoon as we passed it, then as we came out we bumped into Jack Sparrow. Naturally I had to get a photo, I don't think Grant was as excited as I was.

tr24-3.png

Our next stop was Big Thunder Mountain for FPs. As we walked over to Frontierland we saw Hook and some pirates wondering through Fantasyland. Grant managed to get a photo.

tr25-3.png

We got our FPs and had half an hour to wait, so we bought some popcorn and sat by the water soaking up the sunshine. When we finally rode, we decided to actually buy the ride photo for once as we both looked relatively normal.

tr12-2.png

Next up - A fair few photos of Once Upon A Dream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter