Christine & Andrew 09/03/09 WP/WHR, Guest photos

I've picked up a couple of things for my bridesmaids too...

Bridesmaids jewelry:

Necklace.jpg

Earrings.jpg

And I bought them each one of these with their first names embroidered on them from www.americanbridal.com. I got all 3 for about $68.

americanbridal_2036_258961021.jpg

I haven't found the exact bridesmaid dresses we are going to use but this is the color combo I'm thinking, black dresses with light blue sashes...

of50590393.jpg

I have looked all over the internet for the blue sashes, I plan to have a matching one on my gown, but they are just not out there in the color I'm looking for. I may have to switch to light blue dresses with white sashes...
6238SL-ICBL-dts.jpg

guess I should make up my mind soon!

I haven't found the exact bridesmaid dresses we are going to use but this is the color combo I'm thinking, black dresses with light blue sashes...

of50590393.jpg

I have looked all over the internet for the blue sashes, I plan to have a matching one on my gown, but they are just not out there in the color I'm looking for. I may have to switch to light blue dresses with white sashes...
6238SL-ICBL-dts.jpg

guess I should make up my mind soon!

I love that jewelry you picked for BM's. I think I am going to have to take a look!

Also check out davidsbridal for sashes. They have quite a few color selections and a few different styles. I think they run for about 10-25 each.

Love the jewelry and the bags!!!! I really like the black and blue BM dresses. Can you have the sash made? Yay for getting the flutes and cake knife set, they are really cute. Do you have a things remebered near you? That's where I'm taking mine to get engraved.

Thanks for posting the link to the bags I am buying 3 all for 60 bucks!!!:cool1:

I love that jewelry you picked for BM's. I think I am going to have to take a look!

Also check out davidsbridal for sashes. They have quite a few color selections and a few different styles. I think they run for about 10-25 each.

Thanks! I so need to get on the ball and go down to Davids Bridal.

Love the jewelry and the bags!!!! I really like the black and blue BM dresses. Can you have the sash made? Yay for getting the flutes and cake knife set, they are really cute. Do you have a things remebered near you? That's where I'm taking mine to get engraved.

Thanks for posting the link to the bags I am buying 3 all for 60 bucks!!!:cool1:

Ooo, thanks...we do have a Things Remembered in our mall, I didn't even think of them!

I have considered having the sashes made but I'm hoping to get off easy and find exactly what I'm looking for at a bridal shop...I suppose I should get out there and start looking in case I do have to have them made!

I bought 3 bags too! Which one did you buy? I got an email the other day saying mine shipped...I hope the look as good in person as they do online!

Well, I'll start with the scary news. My 17 year old son was hit by a car. Two weeks ago his best friend was coming home from science olympiad and got stuck on a snowy road. Snow had been drifting across the road all day and where travel was good elsewhere, the back roads were really bad. So my son went out to help his friend; they were less than a mile from our house. My son stopped at his friends house and got his friends mother and another man had also stopped to help. They pulled the friends car out with a tow strap, mind you we talked an outback, in-the-middle of nowhere country road, but the tow strap got stuck up under the car. My son, and the man who stopped to help, got under the friends car and began to untangle the tow strap. At this point there are 3 cars in the middle of this straight road and all of them have headlights and flashers on. Another car, with 3 drunk 16 year old kids came down the road. The wife of the man who had stopped to help is sitting in their car with her friend and see's the car coming right at them and says, "They're coming too fast!". She turns around in the car as the 16 year old pass them and watches as they hit the car that her husband and my son are under. My son ended up losing 3 of his front teeth and having stiches from his lip to his nose, stiches up the whole side of his hand and on his knee. The other guy, who's wife watched this, ended up with a closed head injury and was in the hospital for several days but is home, doing good now. It was the single most scary thing ever! I just can't imagine losing a child! My son had someone watching over him that night! :worship:

The good news is that we've booked our planning session! :dance3: We are going April 23-28 and our planning session is on the 24th. My future in-laws are going with us and used their DVC points to get us a villa in The Wilderness Lodge Villas during that time. While I'm really excited about going, and my son will be 18 when we leave, I'm afraid of leaving him. I have been "mothering" him really bad since the accident and everytime I hear him leave the house, I nearly freak out. I fear I've become one of those over-protective, smothering parents that drive their kids nuts. Maybe leaving him for a couple days would be good...

Oh my! What a scary thing to happen. I can't imagine losing one of my children and I am so happy that your DS is ok. I sure hope those drunk kids get taught a lesson...

Again thank goodness everything is ok. I hope DS heals well.

Congrats on your planning session. Hopefully you will be able to relax some too!

Oh Christine I am so sorry you are going through that, I can imagine all the stress and worring. I am glad he is OK.

Yay for the planning session can't wait to read all about it, be sure to take lots of pics!

Thank God he's ok. I'm sorry you all had to go through such a horrible experience. :sad2:

It's a good thing that you've got your PS all planned. After all that you definitely need some time away for both of you. :goodvibes

I just read your whole PJ, and it is wonderful. First of all, I want you to know how very sorry I am about your son, he is a very lucky guy for sure. There was someone looking out for him for sure that day, I hope those teenagers are held accountable for there actions for your son and the other mans sake.:flower3:

I love your story about the DVC, your really getting a free honeymoon, how amazingly lucky is that!! Your flowers are perfect, I love the hydrengeas. I'm sure everything will look amazing and I cant wait to keep reading. :goodvibes

Thanks to everyone for the hugs regarding my son's accident :love: . I really appreciate it! The kid who hit my son is being charged with drunk driving causing serious injury. I hope the court orders him to speak with other kids about what he learned and how this experience affects his life. I feel pretty bad for his family too; I can't imagine all the hopes and dreams they had for their son and to now deal with something like this...not to mention the financial burdens of court costs, fines, lawyers, etc. My son is doing really good though. He's gone back to school and the scars are minimal. His best friend, the one who got stuck, had a really had time with the whole thing. He thought this was all his fault for getting stuck in the first place. For the first week after the accident, he was at our house from the time school let out until 11 at night watching over my son. He's a really special kid and I couldn't ask for a better friend for my son. I'm lucky to have my "Disney" friends too, you guys are the best! :grouphug:

Wow, I didn't realize the planning session was an all day affair! Our tasting is at 9:30am and then we have a planning session from 1pm to 5pm. And the emails from Disney just keep coming; email this person with your confirmation number, fill out long form and fax that person...I might need an alcohol tasting session! :lmao:

Thats a tough spot for your son's friend, I can only imagine the guilt he must be feeling, but letting him hang out all the time is totally the right thing to do and it will make him feel better over time. Your son is very lucky to have a friend that cares so much:hug: .

Holy cow, I didnt realize you needed a whole day to plan everything!! Thats crazy!! The alcohol tasting might be neccessary after all that planning! Plan on a downtown disney night at a yummy restaurant with good wine lol!:rotfl2:

Hi just read your pre wedding plans all sound great, just like to say thanks again for helping us out with your reservation number, hope you have a great planning session maybe we will bump into each other over there.
Good luck.

Thats a tough spot for your son's friend, I can only imagine the guilt he must be feeling, but letting him hang out all the time is totally the right thing to do and it will make him feel better over time. Your son is very lucky to have a friend that cares so much:hug: .

I totally agree! I'd have that boy as my 2nd son anyday!

Holy cow, I didnt realize you needed a whole day to plan everything!! Thats crazy!! The alcohol tasting might be neccessary after all that planning! Plan on a downtown disney night at a yummy restaurant with good wine lol!:rotfl2:

I know! I guess I'm getting my $10000 worth! :lmao: It does make me feel good knowing that Disney takes wedding planning that seriously....Great idea, straight to DTD for strees relief! :woohoo:

Hi just read your pre wedding plans all sound great, just like to say thanks again for helping us out with your reservation number, hope you have a great planning session maybe we will bump into each other over there.
Good luck.

I was really glad to help, I may be asking in September myself! It would be really neat to run into you, I'd love to hear how your wedding went! :)

Well I'm in Kentucky on a business trip and thought I'd go look at some wedding gowns while I'm here (and bored silly) :bored: . I went to a local shop and, just for fun, thought I'd try on a couple. I tried on 2, then asked the salesperson if she had any recommendations. She handed me just one dress. I tried it on and it was incredible....that is one good salesperson! I bought the dress!!! :lovestruc

lg_2922.jpg

5461_detail.jpg

:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter