Chris & Danielle SeaBreezePoint/Attic Wedding June 2013! :)*Updated Dress Pics*

Welcome and Congrats!
Love your nautical theme and your little picture here (idk what the tech term is) at the lighthouse. Cute! I was the same, pretty girly but I did not want the wedding to be princess-y. We chose Shipwreck Beach (at the Beach Club), then we had cocktail hour at SBP and our reception at the Boardwalk (Wishes wedding). It will be so amazing to have your guests all at one place, how fun! We had only a few of ours there with us but even that was cool, so to have everyone with you is going to be amazing!

I had my bridal breakfast at Captain's Grill and it was sooo yummo!

We had planned a DP in Epcot originally and at the last minute pulled back on that. We actually went to ESPN and grabbed drinks with whoever wanted to come. We had between 15-20 people come out and it was a good time! Jellyrolls is also fun (we went there after our reception)! We had a meet up at Martha's Vineyard also next to Cape May one night, which was just our group and like two other people sitting at the bar. There are a lot of options around the Boardwalk/Y&B area, which makes it really easy for you!

As for chairs, I've seen the folding chairs at SBP but they aren't guaranteed. The otherwise chairs are yes, plastic. We had the wooden folding chairs, then we took them out and last minute I put them back. They really prettied it up I thought. They were $5.50/chair and this was just this last May. The chiavari chairs were $8.50 or 9.50 - we had them for our reception. Hopefully they havent gone up to 12.50 come next year, eek! Sorry I tend to write a lot. If you have any questions ask! My PJ and TR is floating around here somewhere :goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing more of your plans! popcorn::

TRIC8783,
Yay! I love boardwalk brides! Well thank you for all the good ideas and I am going to read through your planning journal too maybe that will help me a little along the way. And thank you for the meet up ideas!

How many guests do you plan on having? What sort of event are you looking for? A more formal sit down meal for example? Or a casual get together? I have a few ideas depending on your requirements :flower3:

We are having 18 guests. The escape package maximum. And we are looking for a more formal feel for the welcome party. Our wedding is casual but we still want it to have a wedding feel to it of course. :) But if you have any ideas let me know!

We are having 18 guests. The escape package maximum. And we are looking for a more formal feel for the welcome party. Our wedding is casual but we still want it to have a wedding feel to it of course. :) But if you have any ideas let me know!

If you were thinking along the lines of a dessert party, one idea I had when we were looking at having an Escape wedding with the same guest count was hosting our own "dessert party" at Ghirardelli in Downtown Disney. You can get floats, shakes and sundaes all for under $10 each. A dessert party would require a F&B minimum of $500 but if you spend $10 each on 20 people at Ghirardelli that's $200 (before tax and no gratuity!)

Now we're inviting more guests (we're not having an Escape wedding) we're going to have our own "ice cream sundae dessert party" at my Disney resort. We're going to hit Publix and buy our own sodas, ice creams, toppings and syrups and let our guests help themselves buffet style.

Away from dessert, you could go for drinks somewhere in Downtown Disney, there are numerous options like T-REX (although I hear it's loud), the Rainforest Cafe, House of Blues, or even at one of the many lounges on property in Disney resorts.

For fun things away from food and drink, you could play miniature golf at Fantasia Gardens or Wintersummerland. Splitsville might be open by then in Downtown Disney for food, drinks and bowling. Those are more casual but fun options.

Are any of those ideas helpful? :goodvibes

If you were thinking along the lines of a dessert party, one idea I had when we were looking at having an Escape wedding with the same guest count was hosting our own "dessert party" at Ghirardelli in Downtown Disney. You can get floats, shakes and sundaes all for under $10 each. A dessert party would require a F&B minimum of $500 but if you spend $10 each on 20 people at Ghirardelli that's $200 (before tax and no gratuity!)

Now we're inviting more guests (we're not having an Escape wedding) we're going to have our own "ice cream sundae dessert party" at my Disney resort. We're going to hit Publix and buy our own sodas, ice creams, toppings and syrups and let our guests help themselves buffet style.

Away from dessert, you could go for drinks somewhere in Downtown Disney, there are numerous options like T-REX (although I hear it's loud), the Rainforest Cafe, House of Blues, or even at one of the many lounges on property in Disney resorts.

For fun things away from food and drink, you could play miniature golf at Fantasia Gardens or Wintersummerland. Splitsville might be open by then in Downtown Disney for food, drinks and bowling. Those are more casual but fun options.

Are any of those ideas helpful? :goodvibes

Thank you so much Mickey Star Trader!

All of these ideas are so great and unique! Ya the dessert party is great for some people but for the wedding we are doing not so great. I am ok splurging on some things but to pay about $600 dollars for everyone just to have dessert is kinda crazy. We could go to dinner at one of the resorts or something and beat that price! But I am loving all these ideas thank you so much!!!

So i need everyone's help! So we are doing a nautical themed wedding since we are getting married at sea breeze pointe and then having our little reception at the private room in Captains Grille. But I am having trouble picking wedding colors. We know we want navy and white obviously to go with the theme but I can't choose between Yellow or Pink for an accent color. I am having a hard time incorporating yellow without it looking tacky and it is also hard to find things in yellow for weddings an example of this would be shoes...not even sure if yellow shoes would look ok with a bridal gown. Probably not.

But then pink would clash with the colors at the reception which are red, navy blue, white, and yellow. Which would go with our nautical theme better. I have found great examples of both online.

HELP DISNEY BRIDES!:wave2:

oh also can anyone tell me how to post pictures...i know I must sound really stupid lol! I see how you can add pictures but every time I try it doesn't work :( and I try to add it as a link too and that doesn't work either. Maybe one of you knows the secret?

SeaBreezeBride said:
So i need everyone's help! So we are doing a nautical themed wedding since we are getting married at sea breeze pointe and then having our little reception at the private room in Captains Grille. But I am having trouble picking wedding colors. We know we want navy and white obviously to go with the theme but I can't choose between Yellow or Pink for an accent color. I am having a hard time incorporating yellow without it looking tacky and it is also hard to find things in yellow for weddings an example of this would be shoes...not even sure if yellow shoes would look ok with a bridal gown. Probably not.

But then pink would clash with the colors at the reception which are red, navy blue, white, and yellow. Which would go with our nautical theme better. I have found great examples of both online.

A nautical theme will be so pretty. I am never one to say no to pink, everything I own is practically pink, but if you love yellow and are just worried about finding things like shoes then I say go for it. I think that colored shoes with wedding dresses are the best, yellow included. If you don't find any you like the etsy shop parisxox will custom dye shoes to you liking and they add bling! Another favorite of mine, or your wedding is far enough away, I have seen some amazing personalized shoes from figgie shoes that are hand painted. I look forward to seeing your plans. :)

Hello everyone!

Need help deciding what DVC villas to choose for the honeymoon. We will be at the Yacht & Beach Club a couple days before the wedding and i'm sure the night of the wedding but not sure if we want to switch to another after that since our family will still be at Beach Club. I would like to be at a separate resort from them since it will be our honeymoon. We were thinking AKL but it seems so far from everything and all the dining options don't sound good for me. I'm not really into African Cuisine. But the rooms look so nice! Any suggestions??? :rotfl:

:wave: Hello and congratulations from another Danielle and Chris! :goodvibes

•Love the nautical theme and color choices. I adore the navy, white, and yellow color combo. I say go for it! :thumbsup2
•I wouldn't family deter staying from any of the villas on the boardwalk...but AK is really beautiful too!

Can't wait to hear more. :yay:

Thank you so much Mickey Star Trader!

All of these ideas are so great and unique! Ya the dessert party is great for some people but for the wedding we are doing not so great. I am ok splurging on some things but to pay about $600 dollars for everyone just to have dessert is kinda crazy. We could go to dinner at one of the resorts or something and beat that price! But I am loving all these ideas thank you so much!!!

No problem! I am so happy I could be helpful! I'm trying to figure things out just like you are so I think it's great to have such a supportive Disney bride community as a resource :goodvibes

My opinion is that yellow goes best with your nautical theme. I've seen yellow incorporated many times into Disney weddings without it looking tacky. I understand what you mean but I think it can be done tastefully. I agree with PPs that if it's what you want/prefer, you can definitely make it work well and find the things you need in the right colors. I might get shot for saying this, but I don't think it matters too much if your colors clash with the venue reception. Disney's venues are so heavily patterned, decorated and colored sometimes that I think it's unavoidable to have clashes and as such, I doubt your guests would sit there and think "how could she have those colors at this venue?!" That's just my opinion. :angel:

Hello everyone!

Need help deciding what DVC villas to choose for the honeymoon. We will be at the Yacht & Beach Club a couple days before the wedding and i'm sure the night of the wedding but not sure if we want to switch to another after that since our family will still be at Beach Club. I would like to be at a separate resort from them since it will be our honeymoon. We were thinking AKL but it seems so far from everything and all the dining options don't sound good for me. I'm not really into African Cuisine. But the rooms look so nice! Any suggestions??? :rotfl:

My slightly biased recommendation would be Old Key West Resort. It's officially a "Downtown Disney" resort location but it's so close to Epcot that I've watched Illuminations from my balcony before. You'd be much closer to your family at the BC and also to Epcot. You can get a boat to Downtown Disney which is beautiful, fun and romantic - something to make it more like your honeymoon. Some people don't like the theme, but you should definitely check out new pics because they've completely removated every room in the last year. It's got a modern look with a subtle beach theme now. Plus, it's the biggest DVC villa which means more for your money, well technically points, great to have maximum space on your honeymoon! Again, that's my opinion but it's my favorite resort where I have DVC :thumbsup2 if you want any help/advice or have questions about Old Key West just get in touch!

Well we have changed a lot of our wedding in the past couple of days and going back to what we originally wanted! I have had a bad time dealing with the food and beverage manager at Yacht & Beach Club so I decided to move our reception completely. When we met Ashley in person on our last vacation she was great. She sat with us and told us how she could customize a menu for us and how it would be cheaper than doing it through Disney Weddings. Well I've been trying to work with her on customizing our menu and everything I suggest she says they can't do :( So we have decided to let our Disney Coordinator handle it and will have our reception at the Attic. We are looking to do a brunch since our ceremony will be at 10 am. I just have to have my mickey waffles!

Also we scratched our nautical theme even though I loved it. It was just a little hard to find things "nautical" for the wedding.

So now we are going back to our original plan of doing a vintage boardwalk theme. Our colors are navy, soft pink with hot pink accents, along with khaki and white. We were worried about staying at beach club on our honeymoon with our guests still there so we are going to have them stay at the boardwalk to stick with our theme and we will still honeymoon at the beach club which takes care of that problem. YAY! This makes a lot more sense now. But good thing we didn't make reservations yet :cool1:

So I was really wanting a honeymoon to Aulani in Hawaii for the future hubs and I but with the Disney Wedding and all the add on's it was proving to be a little too expensive. So we talked last night and he told me that if we just do the base package for the escape wedding then we can afford the Hawaiian honeymoon. Not sure if we could afford it after the wedding for a while. Should we got for it or not? I need some advice. I am not sure if we should put more money into the wedding since you only do it once...but I mean you only go on your honeymoon once too right? If anyone has any advice or any info on Aulani please feel free to share!!! Thanks all! :cool2:

I'd go for the Honeymoon you want. You need to ask yourself what is more important to you though.

Well it depends on what you need. An escape wedding only allows for 20 guests including the Bride and Groom. Is it possible for you to have that few?

The escape package only has a champagne and punch celebration. Do you want a formal reception, or a hawaiian honeymoon.

Just things to consider.

Thanks for the help ladies! We decided to put more money into our wedding at Disney and hold off on Hawaii. It is so tempting but I feel like with all the new stuff opening at WDW it will be a new experience for us both anyway. I am really looking forward to the new fantasyland! and the new downtown disney area! I think we are also going to do the dinner with an imagineer and the backstage tour and also check out Universal Studios for once even though we are die hard disney fans :)

Well I just got our official first email from Disney Weddings announcing that we will be able to secure our date in october! YAY! Cannot wait to have my actual date set. I hear that once you have your date set with Disney everything else starts falling into place. I hope this is true :) The future hubs and I cannot wait to start paying some things off and getting our deposits in with Disney and our other vendors. So October 10th is the day I will be calling them :cool1:

If anyone has any advice for us at this early stage of our wedding planning let us know!

wavey.gif

Just read all your plans so far!! I love how your fiance used the Passporter's book to propose...so cute!

I noticed that you're from GA...I graduated from Georgia Southern in 2008 myself. :)

oh also can anyone tell me how to post pictures...i know I must sound really stupid lol! I see how you can add pictures but every time I try it doesn't work :( and I try to add it as a link too and that doesn't work either. Maybe one of you knows the secret?

Not sure if anyone answered this yet...but you may be copying the wrong code for the picture...

If it's a picture on your computer that you are trying to post, create a photobucket account and upload them to it...then use the code to post pictures in a thread.

If it's a picture you found on the internet, right click it, choose 'Copy image location' if it's available. Then when you go to post it in a thread, click the insert image button (looks like a mountain and sun)...right click and paste in the box that comes up.

If you don't have the option to copy image location when you right-click, then right click and choose properties instead. The properties box should have a link that says location...copy that and paste it into the insert image dialogue box.

I hope that helps! :)

[quote="SeaBreezeBride, post: 45828781"]Well we have changed a lot of our wedding in the past couple of days and going back to what we originally wanted! I have had a bad time dealing with the food and beverage manager at Yacht & Beach Club so I decided to move our reception completely. When we met Ashley in person on our last vacation she was great. She sat with us and told us how she could customize a menu for us and how it would be cheaper than doing it through Disney Weddings. Well I've been trying to work with her on customizing our menu and everything I suggest she says they can't do :( So we have decided to let our Disney Coordinator handle it and will have our reception at the Attic. We are looking to do a brunch since our ceremony will be at 10 am. I just have to have my mickey waffles!

Also we scratched our nautical theme even though I loved it. It was just a little hard to find things "nautical" for the wedding.

So now we are going back to our original plan of doing a vintage boardwalk theme. Our colors are navy, soft pink with hot pink accents, along with khaki and white. We were worried about staying at beach club on our honeymoon with our guests still there so we are going to have them stay at the boardwalk to stick with our theme and we will still honeymoon at the beach club which takes care of that problem. YAY! This makes a lot more sense now. But good thing we didn't make reservations yet :cool1:[/QUOTE]

Our ceremony is at 10 am as well...so we're also having a brunch reception. Mickey Waffles were a MUST for my dad. :laughing:

Your theme sounds really cute too!

[quote="SeaBreezeBride, post: 46049865"]Thanks for the help ladies! We decided to put more money into our wedding at Disney and hold off on Hawaii. It is so tempting but I feel like with all the new stuff opening at WDW it will be a new experience for us both anyway. I am really looking forward to the new fantasyland! and the new downtown disney area! I think we are also going to do the dinner with an imagineer and the backstage tour and also check out Universal Studios for once even though we are die hard disney fans :)[/QUOTE]

I would've made the same decision you did. My fiance and I aren't going to have a traditional honeymoon either...but that's because we're moving less than a week after we get married. Instead we'll just save up and take an awesome anniversary trip. :hyper:

[quote="SeaBreezeBride, post: 46232656"]Well I just got our official first email from Disney Weddings announcing that we will be able to secure our date in october! YAY! Cannot wait to have my actual date set. I hear that once you have your date set with Disney everything else starts falling into place. I hope this is true :) The future hubs and I cannot wait to start paying some things off and getting our deposits in with Disney and our other vendors. So October 10th is the day I will be calling them :cool1:

If anyone has any advice for us at this early stage of our wedding planning let us know![/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if things necessarily start falling into place once you officially start the date...but everything feels more concrete and all the details start rolling along after that happens. :)[/COLOR][/B]

Thank you Lyndsay for all of the advice! I will have to get some pictures up on my planning journal ASAP! I have been following along with your PJ as well and love everything about your wedding!

So pam emailed our letter of agreement today! OMG! so excited! I just need to find the time to read over it after work today. Does anyone have advice for us dealing with the LOA before we sent it back to them?

Oh also Chris and I finished our save the dates last week and ordered them from VistaPrint so those should be in soon. I will be uploading pictures for you all to check them out. We are also in the process of designing our invitations.
It pays to be marrying a graphic designer :)

Hope everyone else's wedding plans are coming along well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter