• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chit Chat Thread - November ADRs...

Anyone else getting really tired of looking for that last ADR?! I know we will have fun no matter what, we will be at Disney in 20 days! I just wish I could relax and stop searching for CRT!:)

Yup, getting tired of spending lots of my free time looking for a Minnie H&V with F. I've seen some cancellations on the other thread but none for the night I need. I just want to be done with all the planning.

Yup, getting tired of spending lots of my free time looking for a Minnie H&V with F. I've seen some cancellations on the other thread but none for the night I need. I just want to be done with all the planning.
I know I just want to be done with looking and move on to packing!

The CM I just spoke to on the phone mentioned that CRT reservations can only be obtained over the phone. Only the initial time slots that are loaded onto the MDE website at the 180 day mark can be reserved online. If someone cancels their reservation, it will not show up for the public to see. I am not sure if this is accurate because it seems like the members of this forum are more knowledgable than the cast members working at the Disney call centre.

Not true. I get direct links all the time and can book it.

Anyone know how long you usually wait to be seated at a character meal after you designated reservation time? I am trying to get a few of times a little later, but wondering if I should just leave them if there's usually a long wait to be seated.

Most of the time we've been seated right away with at most a ten minute wait. WDW is a machine that runs like clockwork (except at 'Ohana haha). At CRT there's pics with Cindy first with a 5 minute wait that can go up to 20 minutes if someone insists on 3 individual pics for each of her ten children (for reals, but the CM's jumped in and started letting others go inbetween her kids.). A few ADRs you will have to wait a big but not really very long. We've seen people show up late (30 minutes or more) and not only do they get turned away (BOG, CRT, 1900), but they lose the $10 per person. And I promise, it always takes way longer to get where you need to be -- especially with the crowds and parades than you think it does. It is way better and much more fun to leave yourself and your group a time cushion than to be running around stressed. Don't cut it close. You'll miss a lot by running around overscheduled. I tend to be type A and go hard in general, but I leave lots of cushions now. And downtime. 15 miles a day of walking and doing needs a rest. And so will the kids. Otherwise (and even still) they will fall asleep at the darndest times. Like moments before HDDR and LTT! Even my kiddo that doesn't nap. Ever. Disney miracle she sleeps often in the stroller because it's so much.

However, if you are cutting it close not due to overplanning, I've found calling when you're there if you have a problem really goes a huge long way. We were stuck on the monorail for over 30 minutes with a traffic delay before Akershus, my kiddo threw up on our way to BBB downtown, she hurled again halfway through H&V (she has food allergies and we had a questionable 1900 chef prepared meal resulting in her being ill for a day, but it was random. She napped, seemed fine, doctor checked her, and then she was ill again. All the (awesome) room visit doctor suggested was benedryl. She was fine the rest of the trip.). Things will go awry. The CMs there have not only helped me to reschedule as much as possible, but pixie dusted us. So do reach out to them and call. One even made a last second CM happen.

About 2 hours including being seated. There's a 4 pm show and the next is 6:15 if that helps you time it. Going to and coming from take quite a while too.
Thanks so much! We are actually scheduled for the 8:30 pm show so I figured I would check. And I just found out we can get our groceries and the resort will keep them for us until our room is ready which means I can get groceries the day before in the morning before we head to the MVMCP. Yeah! Plus, we are driving to Disney from Western NY so we decided it would be easiest and shorter to drive our minivan to any resort ADRs.

Thanks so much! We are actually scheduled for the 8:30 pm show so I figured I would check. And I just found out we can get our groceries and the resort will keep them for us until our room is ready which means I can get groceries the day before in the morning before we head to the MVMCP. Yeah! Plus, we are driving to Disney from Western NY so we decided it would be easiest and shorter to drive our minivan to any resort ADRs.

Driving is good (we rent) except to HDDR. Check with the travel board here and you'll see why. You'll have to drive and then take the bus or faster is taking the boat from MK to the docks which are a short distance from Hoop and MBYBBQ. Here's one link but there are others: http://www.disboards.com/threads/getting-to-and-from-hoop-de-doo-review.2864815/#post-43810118

Driving is good (we rent) except to HDDR. Check with the travel board here and you'll see why. You'll have to drive and then take the bus or faster is taking the boat from MK to the docks which are a short distance from Hoop and MBYBBQ. Here's one link but there are others: http://www.disboards.com/threads/getting-to-and-from-hoop-de-doo-review.2864815/#post-43810118
Thanks so much! I just hopped over there and people are saying that now there are resort buses for the last 2 shows to take guests directly from HDDR to their resorts. They said the buses line up around the corner by the restrooms. So, maybe we'll take the ferry from MK to HDDR and then take the resort bus back to SS. I was just worried about ferry back to MK because it's a MVMCP night. I'm going to have hubby phone dining to check on this resort bus from HDDR thing.

So if you were going to stalk CRT, which meal (B, L or D) would you focus on? I was thinking B people want to get in early. Also both D's are party nights so that is going to be limited so maybe lunch? I don't even know any more and am pretty bummed as I've been stalking for a month now with no openings and I'm worried :(

Second, if we have a late ADR at a resort is it best to take a bus back to the ticketing center then hop your resort bus or at that point is a cab easiest?

Thanks so much! I just hopped over there and people are saying that now there are resort buses for the last 2 shows to take guests directly from HDDR to their resorts. They said the buses line up around the corner by the restrooms. So, maybe we'll take the ferry from MK to HDDR and then take the resort bus back to SS. I was just worried about ferry back to MK because it's a MVMCP night. I'm going to have hubby phone dining to check on this resort bus from HDDR thing.

The ferry is super easy and a nice relaxing trip. You can always catch a cab from MK too.

So if you were going to stalk CRT, which meal (B, L or D) would you focus on? I was thinking B people want to get in early. Also both D's are party nights so that is going to be limited so maybe lunch? I don't even know any more and am pretty bummed as I've been stalking for a month now with no openings and I'm worried :(

Second, if we have a late ADR at a resort is it best to take a bus back to the ticketing center then hop your resort bus or at that point is a cab easiest?

Depends on your fastpasses and plans. If you're paying OOP breakfast is the least expensive option. People do prepark to get the nearly empty pics (which is kinda rare with 3 places being open actually), and to try to race to 7DMT and A&E early (which doesn't really happen, they let everyone through the gates for an early ADR at once. The meal and the princesses take a while.). We've done all 3 and each have their good parts. I try to book it after kiddo's BBB or pre-party dinner.

I've never done the busses (they make me barfy), but the cab was very easy.

The CM I just spoke to on the phone mentioned that CRT reservations can only be obtained over the phone. Only the initial time slots that are loaded onto the MDE website at the 180 day mark can be reserved online. If someone cancels their reservation, it will not show up for the public to see. I am not sure if this is accurate because it seems like the members of this forum are more knowledgable than the cast members working at the Disney call centre.

This can't be accurate as I coordinated with someone on the November cancellation thread for a CRT reservation and it worked.

This can't be accurate as I coordinated with someone on the November cancellation thread for a CRT reservation and it worked.

I wonder if it's not available on the app (as it ALWAYS says call and then when I was all excited thinking Oh there must be one only to get my hopes dashed ;) )? I know ONCE I saw one for a date I needed but I apparently wasn't logged in and it was gone but the time I got in sadly but that's the ONLY time I saw one.

So is it only for the app you can't see then? Seems we have one of each so we need a tie breaker ;)

Also, I would drop pretty much anything I have to get it. It's the only thing kiddo really talked about. We'll survive if we don't but we aren't doing the tea which we did last time and is the only other things she really talked about.

I've never seen one pop up on the app, it's only ever said to call. Use a desktop/laptop and log in to the MDE website, that's the only way I've ever been able to get CRT.
Yes in my experience it only comes up on the MDE desktop site and not the app. I scored a dinner last year about 2 weeks out so there is hope,

Where do you catch a cab from MK? I was told I couldn't catch one at MK but I'd really like to if I can!!

I always thought cabs went to the TTC. I don't think they can get any closer to the main entrance of the MK. (I guess you could also cab to the contemporary and either walk or take the monorail?)

I always thought cabs went to the TTC. I don't think they can get any closer to the main entrance of the MK. (I guess you could also cab to the contemporary and either walk or take the monorail?)

It might have been the TTC but I thought it was MK because the lines were massive, so we walked over to the Contemporary and got one way faster there (monorail was not running and ferry was packed).

Wait, so we can't catch a cab to the MK from GF and back? I've seen the monorail down (like yesterday) and have heard there are modified schedules. I'm pretty sure the boats will be a bit of a wait because of that and I'm willing to pay for a cab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter