• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chillin' at the Contemporary-PTR+ All-Star quick trip TR - Completed

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! Kinda nice to know that the students love ya, huh? :goodvibes

They don't say it often. So when they say it, I treasure it hehe

Some students came running into the room and said they saw me on tv. They seemed proud to have noticed me. I hadn't told them I was gonna be there hehe

My cold is blah. Not feeling good. I was supposed to have 4 periods today. 2 of mine, and substitute for my friend who was leaving for Riviera Maya today. I called and asked them to find someone else for my friend's periods. I also had recuperation. Don't know how you call it in English. Where the kids come to pick up the slack, or when they are behind during lunch.

Good things though is that tomorow and friday are pedogigal days. You know, where teachers work, but the kids are home.

So my days will be busy, but I can pace myself. Something that is hard to do with kids surrounding you.

So tomorow morning is a full day of meeting. Yuck.

Then lunch with my friends(colleagues) that I don't see enough. (It's a huge school. 2nd biggest in Quebec).

Then gonna go buy supplies for my lessons. Yup, art teachers have to go themselves most of the time.

Then Friday, I have a meeting with my drama colleague (well there's 2, but I am working with one) to work on the texts for our year end gala.

And through all that, I want to write my letter of intention for my masters.

Oh and I forgot, report cards lol Well I'm already done with 3 groups. So 3 left. And I have until February 8.

So will I get to do all that? I hope so.

Wow. That was a long update.

Hopefully I can do all that during the next 2 days. I really want to rest this week end, and print out my mousekeeping envelopes and organize some paper work in my binder that have not been classified yet.

So, how are you all doing? hehe

WOW. you have a lot to do!!!!! you said it yourself--pace yourself.

I have to.

I'm a bit hyperactive lol

And I have to remind myself I'm sick.:headache:

My room is a bit messy. But I tried cleaning and got woozy. So yeah, gotta relax a bit. But it's hard when you :teacher:

Please take it easy....
:worship::worship::worship:to all who teach.

Thanks.

My coworker keeps telling me to show the school what they are missing out. I'm only part-time this year. (Some weird stuff went done, not gonna discuss it though). So I have 6 groups, but I'm only paid 50% of what I normally am.

So she keeps telling me, work for 50% not a 100%. I'm used to doing so much :)

I hear ya, girl! We call those "professional development day." I had one of those this morning. A 2nd grade rep from each school in teh disctrict met to develop a site-based objective for writing science observations. It was nice to be somewhere different for a change but it's not fun to write sub plans. We have a district wide prof. dev. day the 12th with the kids off so no plans for that day!

Glad you have the chance to catchup with some old friends that you don't get to see that often. That's always fun!

Oh god, and report cards!!! I totally have to do those!

ok, off for my first day without kids. But with a unit meeting.

Let's see what ends up getting done.

Taking a breather from trying to put together everything I need for my Master's application.

Wow, it's taking so long. I'm looking for an essay I wrote while doing my B.F.A. Can't find the stupid file.

Anywayz.

So I printed all my mousekeeping envelopes.

Got 10. Not printing any for the day we get there or leave. Plus we always have at least 2 days where we don't ask for mousekeeping.

All I need to do is write our names on them. You know, to personalize them.

So today there was the meeting. Useless, as usual. People arguing and nothing really getting done.

I had dinner with my friend.

Then shopped for work.

Printed out some things for lessons.

Printed out the applications that I still need to print.

Brainstormed ideas for my letter of intent.

And... what else. I guess this is it.

See ya soon!

Wow, you have a lot going on! Sounds like you got a few things done today though, so that's good. I hope you are able to rest and feel better to tackle everything.

That STINKS about only being part-time yet pretty much working full-time! :sad2:

Wow, you have a lot going on! Sounds like you got a few things done today though, so that's good. I hope you are able to rest and feel better to tackle everything.

That STINKS about only being part-time yet pretty much working full-time! :sad2:

Sadly, schools are becoming like businesses.

If I have 2 full-time jobs (following one another that is) they have to give me tenure. Giving me tenure means having to find me a job in the schoolboard all the time. And these years, the #of kids in high school is decreasing. They are all in elementary school right now.

So they don't want to be stuck with people when they don't have jobs to give them I guess.

So they did some bad things (getting me really mad, I know they did me wrong, but I don't want to get the union mixed in and all. Seems to emotional for me, plus the year is halfway underway.) and I only have half the periods I should have. So half of my normal salary.

But I'm not used to not giving it my all. So I do all I can.

You sound uber organized. I couldn't multi-task like you do. Great job getting some stuff done today.:thumbsup2

I think that's part of being a teacher.

Right Nikki? Multitasking becomes part of the job description. Or is it gender related?:rotfl:

I think that's part of being a teacher.

Right Nikki? Multitasking becomes part of the job description. Or is it gender related?:rotfl:

You are so right...I don't know if one because super organized because they are a teacher OR if one becomes a teacher because they are super organized! Either way, they go hand in hand!

Sadly, schools are becoming like businesses.

If I have 2 full-time jobs (following one another that is) they have to give me tenure. Giving me tenure means having to find me a job in the schoolboard all the time. And these years, the #of kids in high school is decreasing. They are all in elementary school right now.

So they don't want to be stuck with people when they don't have jobs to give them I guess.

So they did some bad things (getting me really mad, I know they did me wrong, but I don't want to get the union mixed in and all. Seems to emotional for me, plus the year is halfway underway.) and I only have half the periods I should have. So half of my normal salary.

But I'm not used to not giving it my all. So I do all I can.

Wow. That is just awful. I can see why it would get you upset and emotional. I think it would to anyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter