Chicken wings in either crock pot or Nesco Cooker recipe????

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by jrnunzio3, Dec 1, 2009.

1. jrnunzio3

jrnunzio3 DIS Veteran

Hi everyone,
    My work decided today that we are going to have a little party on 12/31. I was looking for a recipe for some type of wings that I could make in either a slow cooker/crock pot or in my 18qt Nesco cooker. I don't want to make buffalo type wings. Can anybody help? We have all been asked to bring a hot dish, so I thought this would be reasonable and feed a lot of people :confused3.
    Thanks,
    Jenny

2. MazdaUK

MazdaUK <font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><

Tyr Betty Crocker - I think I saw a recipe there but we don't like wings (too much mess for not enough meat!) so I don't have one myself.

3. greeneeyes

greeneeyes Mouseketeer

We had some wings as an appetizer for Thanksgiving at my SIL's. She used the Russian Chicken recipe (I use bone in - 3 pounds as per the original recipe- or tenders) and they turned out great!

Just mix one 8 oz bottle of Russian or Thousand Island salad dressing (Russian makes it more tangy, Thousand Island makes them sweeter) with one envelope of onion soup mix and one 8 oz jar of apricot jam. Mix well and then pour over the chicken. Cook in your crock pot on low for 6 hours.