Chefs De France and Remy

I'm somewhat amused that people went to CdF simply for Remy. Isn't the food good enough for this restaurant to stand on its own? :confused:

The simple answer - NO!! And the PP who switched to Monsieur Paul instead made a wise, wise choice!

we love this restaurant, so Remy, though very cute, was not our reason to go. It is always sad when good things come to an end. I could see the writing on the wall. Several times we saw him go to the kitchen early because he was "acting up", and not finishing the other tables. It was very upsetting for the children sitting at tables that didn't get to visit with him. I'm sure this was a liability for Disney--they always try to bring happiness not tears.

This does make sense. Thank you for sharing. This helps me at least understand why. Sure wish we could have seen him at least once.

No Remy. Disney decided to end him after we made our ADR, but before our actual ADR. We cancelled. While I did enjoy the food, there are other places I'd like to try if no Remy.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

sorry trying to quote shorter question. "What was Remy like?"
He was really sweet. He would be wheeled from table to table under a silver dome with a french handler/ waiter. He was animatronic, he would sort of squeak and the waiter would translate. He once asked if we would take him home, then he asked if we had cats, when we told him we did ,his squeaks changed and he shook his head and the waiter said maybe that would not be a good idea. He would only stay for a few minutes, allow a pic with him and then move on to next table. They asked that you not leave your table to see him but wait until he moved to you, made you feel special.

This makes me so sad!! My older two girls loved Remy so much when they were small. This was something we always had to do on a trip, dine with Remy... :(:(:(

sorry trying to quote shorter question. "What was Remy like?"
He was really sweet. He would be wheeled from table to table under a silver dome with a french handler/ waiter. He was animatronic, he would sort of squeak and the waiter would translate. He once asked if we would take him home, then he asked if we had cats, when we told him we did ,his squeaks changed and he shook his head and the waiter said maybe that would not be a good idea. He would only stay for a few minutes, allow a pic with him and then move on to next table. They asked that you not leave your table to see him but wait until he moved to you, made you feel special.

I agree with this. The handler was very talented as well. He said funny things and made fresh remarks at each table to suit the audience. What I liked about his visit the most was that it was darling and very low key.

I was really looking forward to profiteroles, but without Remy.... Not sure if I should cancel our lunch reservation. I thought the lunch reviews were higher than dinner. We were disappointed with Le Cellier last year. I don't want a 2 credit lunch at MP. Hmm.:confused3

The food is just OK at CDF, and without Remy, there's no reason to go. I ate lunch there three times with the kids over the last few years, and each time, Remy was a huge hit with my kids and the other diners.

BOOOOOOOOOO! This was a really stupid decision, Disney. Do you really think Walt would have yanked Remy? Come on.

hmmm, If the percentage of people posting here who are canceling lunch ADR's speaks for something, then I'd say the popularity of Chefs for lunch is going to drop off and...... if they are smart....maybe they will bring Remy back!?!?! :confused3

I totally agree with this. We ate there when Remy was there and loved the food but my son really wanted to see Remy for our trip this Sept.:( We've decided not to eat there because Remy is gone. I think they need to have him there all day personally.... not just lunch. April

Apparently if you throw in even the most rudimentary kind of character interaction (even with a mechanical character that can't really move much, can't hug anyone or give autographs) a restaurant at WDW could serve hubcaps in asphalt sauce and it would book up every day.

Seems to have been overlooked that Chefs de France (and Monsieur Paul) are not operated by Disney. Could be a contract was not renewed by one or the other for whatever reason.

100% agree, if they can have multiple CM's doing other characters, why not multiple handlers for Remy?

They did have multiple handlers. It wasn't the same person every day.

Remy's handlers were Actors Equity performers. Subject to different union rules than performers who portray costumed characters. And possibly higher pay.

We knew Remy wouldn't be there for our upcoming lunch at CdF and reserved anyway. Maybe we're easier to please than some, but we really enjoyed our meal there back in 2012 (which included a visit from Remy, much to my DW's delight - he's her favorite character, besides Belle). I still crave the charcuterie app that I got (and will be getting again - one of the best things I ate on the trip, and enjoyed every last bite of it!), and the Croque Monsieur was the best I've had outside of Paris. Yes, it's a toasted ham and cheese sandwich, but the quality of the ingredients and the actual preparation of it made it perfect, and believe me, I've been on a quest to find one that equalled those I had in Paris for the last 20 years.

Definitely sad there's no more Remy, but maybe with so many people saying they're canceling, they'll bring him back. Or maybe we'll be able to enjoy our lunch in relative peace, since it was wall to wall with people on the previous trip.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest