Cheese Ball Yak Attack: 2 kids, 2 dogs, 1200 miles - The Sequel

I'd like to say that we were soon pulling into the parking lot of the restaurant, but we weren't. It's still quite a drive once you get over the bay to the coast. Including one gas station bathroom stop for Evan where I encouraged him not to wash his hands. Whatever he would pick up from touching that sink would be far worse than what he would be washing off. :crazy2:

This is why I always carry instant hand sanitizer.

...and a bit of local wildlife in every kid's drink:
101_1301.jpg

Those things really do look real and are a little heart stopping first thing in the morning.

The weather was fantastic. Mid 70's, with a nice breeze coming off the channel next to us. The food was out of this world, too. I had a Grouper Sandwich, Bambi had some kind of steak or chicken pasta, I don't recall which.

I had the steak and it was wonderful.:worship:

Madison and Grandma were having fun racing up and down the beach. They would go about 50-100 feet, turn around and run back. Evan wanted to get in on the racing too, so he took off. And didn't stop. After he ran a few hundred yards, he stopped, looked back at us, turned around kept running. Not sure if/when/where he would stop, I took off after him. He looked back a few times, but kept running. I finally caught up to him after what had to be close to 1/4 mile. We started walking back, but he was totally pooped out and only made it about 30 feet before I carried him the rest of the way.

Evan really did run a long way. I would say it was more than a 1/4 mile. He would have stopped at the end of the island. I think.:confused3

This is one time that I will say that Barry is right. (Go ahead and print this out as future evidence if needed). We love the DVC. The resorts are amazing and we would never be able to afford to stay at them and go so often without the DVC.

barrys right, barrys right,barrys right, :banana::banana::banana::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::dance3::cheer2:

Malfunction Junction, what's your gumption?
Messing up cars and trucks and taxis...

sorry, my mind was starting to wander
My favorite was "I'm just a Bill." That little guy seem so depressed...

:thumbsup2 It is nice when you get good service -especially after a mess up. Sure good service first would be nice, but I think it's just overrated.
Yeah, but if it was good service to begin with, it wouldn't be memorable, and it would be a very boring trip report.

Be back later to read your update.. gotta run to the grocery store. :headache::headache:
I could use a loaf of bread and some cookies. Oh, and some pie. Or cake, I'm not picky.

:thumbsup2 nice update barry!!! i lost a few myself at lbv. heck, i lost 3 at one hole. its the par three, the green is an island, you can see it when you pull into okw on the right. we are on the course with nobody behind us. i tee off, "plunk", didnt get it all, in the water. new ball!! tee off, hits the edge of the green and "plunk", rolls into the water. new ball!! tee off, hits the green about 4 foot from the cup and rolls off the back of the green,"plunk",in the water!!!! :lmao: "ill take a drop":lmao:
That's the hole that my FIL skipped one off the water and onto the green. I lost one short, and rolled one off the back before I took a drop.

Nice update and great pics. What kid doesn't love going to the beach. We had one that likes to run also. So how did you like the Skyway bridge. That bridge always scares me as it seems to sway.
Growing up, the tallest bridge I crossed was the Tower Drive Bridge over the Bay of Green Bay. It was about 120' above the water, and as a little kid, I'm not afraid to say it scared the bejesus out of me. I've grown up a bit since then (but just a bit). I don't recall the Skyway Bridge swaying, but it sure is an odd feeling driving up and up and up and not seeing where you're really going until you get to the top and start the long drive down.

This is one time that I will say that Barry is right. (Go ahead and print this out as future evidence if needed). We love the DVC. The resorts are amazing and we would never be able to afford to stay at them and go so often without the DVC.
Hmm... that looks better in bold.:thumbsup2

barrys right, barrys right,barrys right, :banana::banana::banana::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::dance3::cheer2:

Let's see...there are two directions I can take with this.

:cloud9:

or

:dance3::cheer2::rockband::dancer::dancer:party: :yay::jumping1:

Not exactly sure which way to go...;)

The PhotoPass CD came yesterday. Tim got the $99 CD pre-order deal, and graciously offered to share it with us and split the cost. :cool1:
Not too many of the pictures turned out TR-worthy (especially when we were able to capture many of the shots with our own camera), but I've uploaded the cream of the crop here.

Image0106.jpg

Image0108.jpg

Image0266.jpg

$17 golf? Isn't that unheard of?

That place you stopped for lunch looks really cool! I need to keep that in mind when we are going through Tampa.

You picked the right day to hit the beach!!!! It was hot on Wednesday!! That was no 57 with 30 mph wind was it? :rotfl2:

Sorry you got the wrong pizzas but sounds like they really took care of you. :thumbsup2

My favorite was "I'm just a Bill." That little guy seem so depressed...

Seems like there was a recent "Bill" that was a bloated piece of work that looked like the unabridged version of Webster's Dictionary...when it became a "Law"...Millions of People were Depressed. :sad2: :rolleyes1

Too cute!

AWWW

Love all of your faces.. especially your FIL!! :lmao:
You'd never know he was in his 50's. He acts like a 9 year old around the kids. (Ok, so I, but that's besides the point)

$17 golf? Isn't that unheard of?

That place you stopped for lunch looks really cool! I need to keep that in mind when we are going through Tampa.
I wish I could find the website I was looking at with reviews. 5 or 6 people were just blasting the course, and then the owner of the place posted, talking about all of the improvements that have been made since these reviews were left. When your options are crappy golf or no golf, always choose crappy golf. The weather was fantastic, though!

Very sweet.

This one is just precious. I love it.

I love your FIL's expression. :)
Thanks!

Seems like there was a recent "Bill" that was a bloated piece of work that looked like the unabridged version of Webster's Dictionary...when it became a "Law"...Millions of People were Depressed. :sad2: :rolleyes1
So how do you really feel? :lmao:

Love the pics.
Thanks!

nice pics barry!:thumbsup2
Thank you!

My memory is a bit foggy regarding this day. I typically have a few hundred pictures to go through that help jog my memory regarding what we did when, etc. However, I have less than 100 for today. I'll do my best, but some of this day may be lost to the jelly-filled abyss that is my long-term memory.

We had two goals for today - Evan's first time on Tower of Terror and trying to track down Otto Von Bann Bohn. Otto is one of the Streetmospheer characters that roams Hollywood Studios. We have run into him a few times in the past, and he has become Madison's favorite. She repeats his tag line ("Director...und genius!") constantly. We even had a shirt made up for her using a picture from last October's trip.
IMG00008-20100407-0911.jpg

She was so excited to be able to wear it and show Otto. Hopefully we can run into him sometime today.

The forecast for the day wasn't looking too good. I believe it was for scattered rain. We planned ahead and packed our ponchos and some umbrellas and headed off to the park.

We arrived just after rope drop. Grandpa took our tickets to get Fast Passes for Toy Story Mania while we dodged raindrops on our way to Tower of Terror. Or as Evan refers to it: Tower of Terrier. Perhaps this is what he thought the ride was all about.
Paisas6Puppies_pile.JPG

The sign said it was a 20 minute wait, but we walked right into the library. Again, Madison was being the good big sister and assuring Evan that it would be OK. And again, he really didn't need the reassurance. We made our way through the boiler room, where Bambi snapped this picture.
IMG00088-20100311-0928.jpg

We boarded the ride, Evan and Bambi in the back row, Madison between Grandma and I in front of them. We approached the drop area and the doors opened so we could see the park. It was absolutely pouring rain! We didn't have much time to watch, as the ride dropped almost immediately. Which is odd, because usually they let you sit for a few seconds, anticipating the drop. Madison was alternating between digging her fingernails into my forearm, trying to squeeze my upper arm, and trying to hold my hand. We shot back up a few times, then the ride stopped up at the top for a few seconds. Ooohh...good one Disney - add the suspense in the middle of the ride! We dropped a few more times, then settled down and got off. Despite her trying to rip my arm off, Madison said she wasn't scared and wanted to go again. Bambi reported that Evan just sat there the entire time. He held her hand, but never squeezed at all.

Grandpa met us down in the gift shop, where we could see that the rain had not let up. I sprinted out to gather the stroller (which we had covered with a poncho before riding ToT!). We loaded up the kids and covered ourselves with ponchos under the overhang outside of the ride exit. It was still pouring as we started walking out, but it let up as we made our way down Sunset blvd.

It was still well before our TSM return time, so I believe we wandered round to Voyage of the Little Mermaid. The wait time was over half an hour and we didn't feel like hanging around. The kids had never been on the Great Movie Ride, so we walked over there. We've done it before and were solidly in the "one ride is enough" camp on this attraction. But we thought the kids might like it, so we went on. Why did we think they would like it? I have no idea - they've never seen any of the movies that are depicted.

After getting out of there, Grandpa, Madison and I went over to VoTLM. Evan didn't want to see it, so Bambi, Grandma and him went over the ABC Commissary to get a snack. It wasn't open yet, so they went over to the Backlot Express, which didn't open until a half hour after the Commissary. So, back over to ABC Commissary they went, which was open then. :sad2:

We met up again after wards at the ABC Commissary. It was just before noon, but our lunch ADR at 50's Prime Time wasn't until 2ish. We had some snacks and headed over to TSM. I rode with Evan, who was able to hold his own this time around, rather than just going along for the ride.
IMG00089-20100311-1213.jpg

We went right into line to see Buzz and Woody. Here you can see Madison wearing her Otto shirt.
IMG_8763.JPG

IMG_8775.JPG

Right outside of Buzz and Woody, the Green Army Men were hanging around.
IMG_8781.JPG

Salute!
IMG_8786.JPG

From there, we wandered back around looking for Otto, but the rain was keeping all of the Streetmosphere people away. We went were it was dry - Animation Courtyard to see who was around in there. Grandpa is a very big UP! fan. He bought two of the same UP mugs - one as a backup. Madison loves to tease him by drinking out of it and saying "Grandpa - I've got your Carl cup!" He was wearing the customized UP shirt that that Madison gave him for Christmas, along with the 3D glasses that he forgot to return after seeing the movie. Carl saw this, and gave Grandpa his cane to lean on for the picture! (Evan was hungry and grumpy and didn't want to be in the picture)
IMG_8791.JPG

Finally, it was almost time to eat, so we wandered over to 50's Prime Time. We killed a little more time in front of Indiana Jones
IMG_8797.JPG

We took a seat in the 50's living room, and pretty soon "Mom" was calling us back to our seats. We've made the meatloaf that they serve here at home, so I really wanted to try it to see how close we came. But I've also hear such good things about the fried chicken. Luckily, Bambi ordered the meatloaf so I could return to my deep-fried roots and get the chicken. Grandpa got the pot roast, and they made Grandma a vegetarian sandwich that looked (and I'm told tasted) fantastic.
IMG_8798.JPG

Our "mom" never really gave us much grief, but she really laid into the family two tables away from us. It was a mom, dad and two girls, probably 12 and 14. Both mom and dad were doing something on their iPhones. The waitress sat in the booth next to the girls and started in on the parents about how they are on vacation and ignoring their precious children. She asked them what was so important that they were shunning their children. The mom got all embarrassed and put her phone away, saying she was checking the weather. The waitress yelled "it's raining! And its going to rain tomorrow too!" The entire time, the dad had this look on his face like he wanted to be anywhere else than Disney World. I don't remember if he gave some excuse or not.

After our meal, we walked back out into the pouring rain and went over to Star Tours. The posted wait was only 30 minutes, and we had some time before our next TSM fast passes were valid again. Bambi is not a fan of Star Wars, so she was indifferent to the ride. The kids enjoyed it, though. Hmmm...perhaps I can bring them over the dark side yet. :darth:

So, back through the rain we went to TSM. I rode with Madison this time and finally pulled my average back up where it belongs.
IMG00090-20100311-1614.jpg

The rain was now a deluge, and showed no signs of letting up. Fantasmic was already canceled, and we had to break it to Madison that we would not be able to see Otto this trip (or would we?) She was disappointed, but understood that because of the rain, he couldn't be out.

We covered ourselves as much as we could and headed for the exit. The rain was too fast for the storm drains to keep up with, and there were rivers and lakes in all of the streets. We bypassed the parking tram because I didn't want to get the kids out, fold up the stroller, etc. Besides, we were already soaked, what's a few hundred more yards of swimming?

I got to the van and opened the back hatch to provide some shelter from the rain while I got the kids out and situated in their seats. It was coming down hard by this time. We got everything put away, and Grandpa went to close the hatch. With it all the way up, the area where the license plate attaches becomes nothing more than a reservoir. He closed it, it all came dumping down on him. :lmao::rotfl2: It's funny because it should have been me. I was about to shut it, but he grabbed it first!

We left the parking lot in our van/ark to do a little shopping, pointing our rudder toward Downtown Disney.

Now here's where a little bit of Disney Magic kicks in. Grandma didn't feel like coming in, Bambi and Evan were off looking at something, and Madison and Grandpa were a few product displays ahead of me. I hear something that piques my interest. "Do you mind if I take a picture of your shirt?" Now, as a father, it doesn't sit well with me when someone else is taking a picture of my children, so I go to investigate. Who do I find with his iPhone, taking a picture of Madison's shirt? Otto Von Bann Bohn! Well, the actor that plays him, anyway. I don't think Madison knew who it was (he wasn't speaking in his heavy German accent), but he was über exited that not only did he have a fan, but she was wearing a "Fan Club Member #1" shirt. And he wasn't alone. The actress in Madison's shirt (the character is Dorma Nesmond) was with him! She was telling Madison that she knows Otto, and he would be very excited to see that picture. I asked Madison, "What is Otto? Director..." She immediately finished (and it a slightly Germanic accent) with "und genius!" He got the biggest smile and actually had to turn away so he wouldn't blow his cover. They chatted for a little bit, then he told Madison the he next time he sees Otto, he's going to show him her picture and it's going to make his day. She was exited that he will actually get to see her shirt!

There you go, folks. Disney magic at it's finest. pixiedust:

I'm sure we ate dinner that night, but I don't recall where. I do know that due to the rain, it was an early night back to Grandma & Grandpa's house. It was also a pretty sad night, since tomorrow we would be packing up and driving home. More on that in my next update.

...trying to track down Otto Von Bann Bohn. Otto is one of the Streetmospheer characters that roams Hollywood Studios. We have run into him a few times in the past, and he has become Madison's favorite. She repeats his tag line ("Director...und genius!") constantly. We even had a shirt made up for her using a picture from last October's trip.
IMG00008-20100407-0911.jpg

She was so excited to be able to wear it and show Otto. Hopefully we can run into him sometime today.

Very cool shirt. And jumping ahead - what a great end to your search story too. :thumbsup2

We shot back up a few times, then the ride stopped up at the top for a few seconds. Ooohh...good one Disney - add the suspense in the middle of the ride!

Gotta love the random sequencing :)

...so Bambi, Grandma and him went over the ABC Commissary to get a snack. It wasn't open yet, so they went over to the Backlot Express, which didn't open until a half hour after the Commissary. So, back over to ABC Commissary they went, which was open then. :sad2:

How nice for them... a little walk. A constitutional. A promenade... too bad it was all for naught.

We've made the meatloaf that they serve here at home, so I really wanted to try it to see how close we came. But I've also hear such good things about the fried chicken.

yummy! :thumbsup2

The waitress yelled "it's raining! And its going to rain tomorrow too!"

Love, love, love 50's Prime Time Cafe! Those servers can be such a scream. And yes, as we've discussed before - you know how I feel about the proliferation of electronic devices throughout WDW (and other vacation destinations for that matter). Turn 'em off people, turn 'em off (at least while your kids are in your presence and awake!) Parents, be PRESENT for your kids' sake. Think it or not, they're watching and learning what you do and how you are in oh so many circumstances - and will repeat your behavior later on because it was fine for mom and dad, so it must be fine for me too.

Bambi is not a fan of Star Wars, so she was indifferent to the ride. The kids enjoyed it, though. Hmmm...perhaps I can bring them over the dark side yet. :darth:

The sacrelige... :scared1: sigh. Perhaps it goes with being a child of the '80's vs. the '70's... but wait, no, that would mean you too then. Hmmm. keep trying though Barry, and you might win them over yet.

At dinner not 2 nights ago my Annie turned to me and said "I want to go on the Star Wars ride again." She loves it. Now to just get her to memorize the correct name, which both of her brothers quickly corrected her with. (The indoctrination is only complete when your minions help along the way! :laughing:)

We left the parking lot in our van/ark to do a little shopping, pointing our rudder toward Downtown Disney.

I hear something that piques my interest. "Do you mind if I take a picture of your shirt?" Now, as a father, it doesn't sit well with me when someone else is taking a picture of my children, so I go to investigate. Who do I find with his iPhone, taking a picture of Madison's shirt? Otto Von Bann Bohn! Well, the actor that plays him, anyway. I don't think Madison knew who it was (he wasn't speaking in his heavy German accent), but he was über exited that not only did he have a fan, but she was wearing a "Fan Club Member #1" shirt. And he wasn't alone. The actress in Madison's shirt (the character is Dorma Nesmond) was with him! She was telling Madison that she knows Otto, and he would be very excited to see that picture. I asked Madison, "What is Otto? Director..." She immediately finished (and it a slightly Germanic accent) with "und genius!" He got the biggest smile and actually had to turn away so he wouldn't blow his cover. They chatted for a little bit, then he told Madison the he next time he sees Otto, he's going to show him her picture and it's going to make his day. She was exited that he will actually get to see her shirt!

That is an amazing and awesome end to your tale. I love it.

Yes, it was a deluge that day. When you say you were at DTD, stir that noodle of yours a bit here... what time were you there, and what store(s) did you go into. Was it World of Disney? Or somewhere else.

WE were at DTD on that day. We saw Alice in Wonderland in the cross-over hours from morning to afternoon, then had a late lunch at Wolfgang Puck's Cafe from about 2:30 til about 3:45 ish (despite not being super busy they were super slow) - and then proceeded to make our way down across PI and into the Marketplace side. We lingered in WOD for almost a good hour, and then started to work our way over to Once Upon a Toy where we looked around for a while trying to find something for DD's birthday, with another stop in the Pin Traders. The timestamp on our pics show we we then headed over to the bus stop to go back to the Wilderness Lodge at about 5:30ish.

Great update. My daughter is going to love the picture of the pups.

Love 50's Prime Time. When I took the herd in January, we ate at 50's and our mom was relentless. The fried chicken is to die for. Great fun was had by all.

What do you think the chances of running into Otto at DTD? Million to one? Pixie Dust moment.

My memory is a bit foggy regarding this day.
The rain probably washed your memories away!

Awesome SHIRT!!!!!!!

The forecast for the day wasn't looking too good. I believe it was for scattered rain. We planned ahead and packed our ponchos and some umbrellas and headed off to the park.
Scattered rain...... :scared1::scared1::scared1:

That is too funny!!! Tower of Terriers!:lmao::lmao:

Our kids were calling it the Tower of Tears! :lmao:

Despite her trying to rip my arm off, Madison said she wasn't scared and wanted to go again. Bambi reported that Evan just sat there the entire time. He held her hand, but never squeezed at all.
Awesome!!! Go Evan Go Evan:woohoo:

I sprinted out to gather the stroller (which we had covered with a poncho before riding ToT!).
Disney veteran move!

From there, we wandered back around looking for Otto, but the rain was keeping all of the Streetmosphere people away. We went were it was dry - Animation Courtyard to see who was around in there. Grandpa is a very big UP! fan. He bought two of the same UP mugs - one as a backup. Madison loves to tease him by drinking out of it and saying "Grandpa - I've got your Carl cup!" He was wearing the customized UP shirt that that Madison gave him for Christmas, along with the 3D glasses that he forgot to return after seeing the movie. Carl saw this, and gave Grandpa his cane to lean on for the picture! (Evan was hungry and grumpy and didn't want to be in the picture)
IMG_8791.JPG
Love the pic!!!!! Grandpa is one funny guy!!!! :goodvibes

I got to the van and opened the back hatch to provide some shelter from the rain while I got the kids out and situated in their seats. It was coming down hard by this time. We got everything put away, and Grandpa went to close the hatch. With it all the way up, the area where the license plate attaches becomes nothing more than a reservoir. He closed it, it all came dumping down on him. :lmao::rotfl2: It's funny because it should have been me. I was about to shut it, but he grabbed it first!
Are you sure this wasn't a set up???? :confused3:confused3:lmao::lmao:

Now here's where a little bit of Disney Magic kicks in. Grandma didn't feel like coming in, Bambi and Evan were off looking at something, and Madison and Grandpa were a few product displays ahead of me. I hear something that piques my interest. "Do you mind if I take a picture of your shirt?" Now, as a father, it doesn't sit well with me when someone else is taking a picture of my children, so I go to investigate. Who do I find with his iPhone, taking a picture of Madison's shirt? Otto Von Bann Bohn! Well, the actor that plays him, anyway. I don't think Madison knew who it was (he wasn't speaking in his heavy German accent), but he was über exited that not only did he have a fan, but she was wearing a "Fan Club Member #1" shirt. And he wasn't alone. The actress in Madison's shirt (the character is Dorma Nesmond) was with him! She was telling Madison that she knows Otto, and he would be very excited to see that picture. I asked Madison, "What is Otto? Director..." She immediately finished (and it a slightly Germanic accent) with "und genius!" He got the biggest smile and actually had to turn away so he wouldn't blow his cover. They chatted for a little bit, then he told Madison the he next time he sees Otto, he's going to show him her picture and it's going to make his day. She was exited that he will actually get to see her shirt!

This is unbelievable!!!!!! I mean, what are the chances? I love this story and I love Disney!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!

It was also a pretty sad night, since tomorrow we would be packing up and driving home. More on that in my next update.
OH NO!!! Not the end.:sad2::sad2:

Gotta love the random sequencing :)
I wonder if this is part of the new sequences they are putting in for the summer? :confused3 Not like I've ridden it enough to know this was new or not.

Love, love, love 50's Prime Time Cafe! Those servers can be such a scream. And yes, as we've discussed before - you know how I feel about the proliferation of electronic devices throughout WDW (and other vacation destinations for that matter). Turn 'em off people, turn 'em off (at least while your kids are in your presence and awake!) Parents, be PRESENT for your kids' sake. Think it or not, they're watching and learning what you do and how you are in oh so many circumstances - and will repeat your behavior later on because it was fine for mom and dad, so it must be fine for me too.
Couldn't agree more. :thumbsup2

The sacrelige... :scared1: sigh. Perhaps it goes with being a child of the '80's vs. the '70's... but wait, no, that would mean you too then. Hmmm. keep trying though Barry, and you might win them over yet.
I've already won them over on the most important battle. Bambi is a Bears fan, I'm on the season ticket waiting list for Packer tickets. The kids are already showing very strong Cheesehead tendencies!

At dinner not 2 nights ago my Annie turned to me and said "I want to go on the Star Wars ride again." She loves it. Now to just get her to memorize the correct name, which both of her brothers quickly corrected her with. (The indoctrination is only complete when your minions help along the way! :laughing:)
I can't wait until I have minions!

That is an amazing and awesome end to your tale. I love it.
Totally amazing!

Yes, it was a deluge that day. When you say you were at DTD, stir that noodle of yours a bit here... what time were you there, and what store(s) did you go into. Was it World of Disney? Or somewhere else.

WE were at DTD on that day. We saw Alice in Wonderland in the cross-over hours from morning to afternoon, then had a late lunch at Wolfgang Puck's Cafe from about 2:30 til about 3:45 ish (despite not being super busy they were super slow) - and then proceeded to make our way down across PI and into the Marketplace side. We lingered in WOD for almost a good hour, and then started to work our way over to Once Upon a Toy where we looked around for a while trying to find something for DD's birthday, with another stop in the Pin Traders. The timestamp on our pics show we we then headed over to the bus stop to go back to the Wilderness Lodge at about 5:30ish.
I checked with my memory bank (Bambi). She remembers us being at World of Disney around 5:30, then we moved on to Once Upon a Toy for about 20 minutes. We probably just missed each other!:sad1:

Great update. My daughter is going to love the picture of the pups.
I'm glad I can bring some joy to your DD! I can't take credit for it, though. Just found it with a Google Image Search.

Love 50's Prime Time. When I took the herd in January, we ate at 50's and our mom was relentless. The fried chicken is to die for. Great fun was had by all.
It was your TR that convinced me to get the chicken.
No Googling at the table! :rotfl2::rotfl:

What do you think the chances of running into Otto at DTD? Million to one? Pixie Dust moment.
Let's see, there are 18.3 million people in Florida, which has 53,900 square miles of area. Otto is about 6' tall and can probably run about 15 mph. Umm....yeah, let's say a million to one is about right.

The rain probably washed your memories away!
That was a lot of rain. I wish I had taken some pictures. I'm sure you got some good ones, though.

Awesome SHIRT!!!!!!!
Thanks!
That is too funny!!! Tower of Terriers!:lmao::lmao:
Our kids were calling it the Tower of Tears! :lmao:
Bambi's dad calls it Hotel Hell. :rotfl2:

Disney veteran move!
Unfortunately, it wasn't our first Disney rainstorm.

Are you sure this wasn't a set up???? :confused3:confused3:lmao::lmao:
:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

This is unbelievable!!!!!! I mean, what are the chances? I love this story and I love Disney!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!
CJ determined a million to one. I'm going to believe him.
It certainly was a once in a lifetime experience.

Great update and love the Otto story.
Thanks. It will be interesting to see how Madison remembers it in a few years.

Bambi reported that Evan just sat there the entire time. He held her hand, but never squeezed at all.

He made me so proud. There was no sign of fear from my little guy.

Grandpa met us down in the gift shop, where we could see that the rain had not let up. I sprinted out to gather the stroller (which we had covered with a poncho before riding ToT!). We loaded up the kids and covered ourselves with ponchos under the overhang outside of the ride exit. It was still pouring as we started walking out, but it let up as we made our way down Sunset blvd.

By "we" he means me. Barry does not take time to think that it may rain while we are in a ride and everything may get soaked. He was already at the line waiting rather impatiently for me.

It was still well before our TSM return time, so I believe we wandered round to Voyage of the Little Mermaid. The wait time was over half an hour and we didn't feel like hanging around. The kids had never been on the Great Movie Ride, so we walked over there. We've done it before and were solidly in the "one ride is enough" camp on this attraction. But we thought the kids might like it, so we went on. Why did we think they would like it? I have no idea - they've never seen any of the movies that are depicted.

For as lame as this ride is it terrified Madison.:confused3 Madison is such a sweet and caring little girl :love: that the ridiculously horrible acting job of the driver being "attacked" and the car was "stolen" by the gangster terrified her. For the rest of the ride she needed to know if Daniel was okay.

(Evan was hungry and grumpy and didn't want to be in the picture)

This was a theme for most of the day. The pictures with Mickey did not turn out at all due to his sour mood.

Our "mom" never really gave us much grief, but she really laid into the family two tables away from us. It was a mom, dad and two girls, probably 12 and 14. Both mom and dad were doing something on their iPhones. The waitress sat in the booth next to the girls and started in on the parents about how they are on vacation and ignoring their precious children. She asked them what was so important that they were shunning their children. The mom got all embarrassed and put her phone away, saying she was checking the weather. The waitress yelled "it's raining! And its going to rain tomorrow too!" The entire time, the dad had this look on his face like he wanted to be anywhere else than Disney World. I don't remember if he gave some excuse or not.

Barry clearly does not remember this day at all. "Mom" did not give him grief but gave my Mom a lot of grief. My mother has been a vegetarian for all of my life and a picky one at that. Prime Time did not have anything that she would eat and asked to order off the kids menu and was given a lot of grief for it. After much conversation it was decided that she would do the sandwich.

After our meal, we walked back out into the pouring rain and went over to Star Tours. The posted wait was only 30 minutes, and we had some time before our next TSM fast passes were valid again. Bambi is not a fan of Star Wars, so she was indifferent to the ride. The kids enjoyed it, though. Hmmm...perhaps I can bring them over the dark side yet. :darth:

Not a fan is an understatement. This was another lame ride.:sad2: However, the kids loved the ride and have occasionally pretended that they are on this ride since being home. Normally while I am driving. This does not say anything about my driving does it?:confused3

Madison never caught on that it was Otto even though he was asking her several questions. He learned that Madison is an artist und genius. At one point I heard him say "I could listen to that all day." :) Madison was disappointed that she was not able to meet Otto with her shirt on but it was a much cooler experience for us adults. I guess she has something to look forward to for the December trip.

I'm sure we ate dinner that night, but I don't recall where. I do know that due to the rain, it was an early night back to Grandma & Grandpa's house. It was also a pretty sad night, since tomorrow we would be packing up and driving home. More on that in my next update.

We went to Chili's. This is significant because Chili's is awesome. :love: I wish they would deliver their Chips and Salsa to my house on a daily basis. This is also significant because it is rare that we get to see my brother and he went to dinner with us that night. The kids got balloon sculptures-Madison had a flower and Evan had a motorcycle.

If Barry would move us to Florida it would not have to end. If I can get any help on this from the rest of you it would be much appreciated.

I love the Tower of Terrier! Maybe they can put one in at Animal Kingdom?

That is a super cool story about Madison meeting her favorite streetmosphere character! What a magical Disney experience! pixiedust:

Can't believe the trip is almost over. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter