Cheese Ball Yak Attack: 2 kids, 2 dogs, 1200 miles - The Sequel

They still have the "Le Cellier Experience." It was how I ordered. :cool1:

Remember while reading Barry's trip report he tends to exaggerate things. There was no second mortgage. We came in under budget for this vacation.:woohoo: I think it means I need to buy more stuff next time.:rolleyes1 Or book more vacations. I think I will go with that one. The kids don't need school do they?:confused3

It appears that I am not the only one to exaggerate. Yes, we came in under budget. By $8. What else would you have bought? Another soda and popcorn?popcorn::

Isn't that the stuff that weakens Superman??? ;)
We're not as effective as Kryptonite, but yes, we do. We just do it in a more roundabout way. We'll put him on a steady diet of cheese, sausage, and deep fried everything, fattening him up and raising his cholesterol. After he has 3 stents put in his arteries and goes in for a triple bypass surgery, trust me, he'll be pretty weak!
Great updates! I like the Pirate face paint. :thumbsup2 I didn't even know that they did face painting at EPCOT.
Madison found it a few trips ago and now looks forward to it every trip.

They did a good job on the face painting. I like both! To bad about the deserts at LeCellier. I have never ate there and probably won't as they are so overpriced for what you get, I guess like anything at Disney. You got some great photos. Love the one with the squirrel and the flowers.
From what I've been reading, the Whiskey Chocolate Cake is pretty good there. I'll keep that in mind for the next time we go - on 2018 or so. :confused3

nice pics barry!!! we do the same thing, we watch the night shows once every five years and thats good. trying to get out of the parks after those things is incredable.
If we were staying on site I wouldn't have minded staying and watching, but we had a 40 minute drive back to Grandma & Gandpa's house ahead of us yet.

Oh yes, yes it does. I had been there once on one of my solo for-Disney trips and really enjoyed it. I then decided it was a must-try for the family last year, and to my chagrin my DW was pretty much non-plussed by it, and the kids just didn't like it. Oh well. Another solo trip visit for me I guess.
Just let me know when you're going. I can't let you eat alone!:thumbsup2

I will say that you are "mostly" correct. True, the imagineers definitely themed the tower appropriately since it would be visible from within Epcot, and did a great job giving it that Moroccan flair , as well as making the Morocco pavilion appear to be more populated by the addition of TOT to the pavilion's "skyline" - BUT - this isn't the only place in WDW where you can see another park from within a park. There are two others, definitely. The first is while at the top of the hill in Blizzard Beach waiting for Teamboat Springs and Summit Plummit. You can see other parks from there. The other is while on the lift hill going up to the top of Everest - if you turn your head to the left, you can see ALL of the parks, as well as DTD. Be sure to check it out next time you ride EE - and get over to BB to see what I mean there as well.
I got my information on the Segway tour of Epcot a few years ago. He may have qualified it by saying something like the only place on the ground in any park or something. :confused3 I wasn't paying that close of attention - I was too busy playing on my Segway. :moped:
Great update! Can't wait for more. Your pics are great, and the family looks like you all were having lots of fun! Glad to be able to "relive and go along" with you. Hopefully December will work out and I can meet those ragamuffins in person, as well as your charming wife.
That would be great if you could make it!

Amazing pictures! I love how Disney ties all the movies into a specific country!
I can just imagine Disney having a few dozen Imagineers sitting around a table doing nothing but dreaming up ways to theme areas of the park. Where do I submit my application?:thumbsup2

What no pictures of the drama? I'd like action shots next time.
A bathroom fight... and no pics?????? :sad2::eek:

I know, I'm disappointed too. The altercation began when I was in line to order, so I didn't have the camera with me. :sad2:

Great pictures from Epcot. We are still in the "skip the World Showcase with the kids" mode so I loved seeing your pictures.
There really is a lot of cool stuff back there, but the kids can get bored easily. But just think, when you do venture over there, it's like a brand new park for you!

Glad Evan liked TT!! I wanted to take Juliana on it but DW wasn't having it. I am determined to take her on it next time.
DO IT! DO IT! Mel - if you're lurking here too - it's an awesome ride, she'll love it!

The kids face painting looks great! How hard is it to get that off though? :confused3
Not hard at all. A little soap, water and a rag.

so, how does DDP work with Le Cellier? Can you order ANY entree, or are there 'specific' entrees that you have to get? I'm sure this question is on a restaurant board, but, I'm lazy, and hoping you'll just let me know. :rolleyes1
This has been answered already, but since I'm the proprietor of this TR, I thought I should lend an air of officiality to the answers. Yeah, what they said

Great update!

I enjoyed hearing about your experience at Le Cellier. I have yet to go there (My most recent update in my TR was about how I was so sick I couldn’t leave the room that day, so DH had to go by himself. :sad2: ) We have it reserved for our next trip in June, though, so I’m really looking forward to trying some cheddar cheese soup, some steak, and that Chocolate Moose! Good to know that it’s yummy!

I love all the pictures of the flowers and topiaries. That squirrel really is “enjoying” those flowers!

Glad your whole family enjoyed TT. Cool that you could fill your own car! Also nice that Evan was just tall enough to experience Soarin’.

Thanks for including the ToT/Morocco picture. I’ve heard about that, but never actually got a look at it.

Nice restroom drama you saw. The things you can see/hear at WDW! :eek:

Looking forward to more!
Thanks, but what are you doing on DIS on a Saturday? I thought you used my TRs to fill time at work?:confused3

I should have another update done tonight or tomorrow.

Im all caught up again. I love the fireworks pictures they turned out very lovely. It blows when your trying to leave while everyone else is. And half the people got tanks AKA strollers ready to run you down if you even think about getting ahead of them :lmao:

Sounds like you guys had a great day at Epcot. I love your pictures. I have never been there that time of year and it looks fabulous.

Remember while reading Barry's trip report he tends to exaggerate things. There was no second mortgage. We came in under budget for this vacation.:woohoo: I think it means I need to buy more stuff next time.:rolleyes1 Or book more vacations. I think I will go with that one. The kids don't need school do they?:confused3

Or get more points :confused3 :thumbsup2 Maybe even at a 2nd resort!

I got my information on the Segway tour of Epcot a few years ago. He may have qualified it by saying something like the only place on the ground in any park or something. :confused3 I wasn't paying that close of attention - I was too busy playing on my Segway. :moped:

Almost as qualified to speak as the bus drivers and boat captains :rotfl2: ;)

The bridge in Epcot WAS the only place until BB opened up, and then of course later when they added EE to AK it kind of blew everything away. I remember back in '06 we were there on an EMH-Evening at AK and rode EE something like 14x in a row - just kept getting off and back into the queue (there was no line), and each time I went up that lift hill had fun seeing all the different things. One one trip up way off in the distance I could even see planes taking off from MCO. Now it's more like a competition between my sons and I as to who can see more faster... ahh the dorky things you do with your kids.

Thanks, but what are you doing on DIS on a Saturday? I thought you used my TRs to fill time at work?:confused3
Wow, you have a good memory! Yes, I do usually read your trip report updates while I'm at work (although only over my lunch break--unlike some people, I'd get in some trouble if it was during work), but I don't limit my Dis time to that. I'm on here at home too. :) I actually did read your update during my lunch break Friday, but didn't have time to post a response, since I had to get back to work. That's why you see a Saturday response. Way more than you wanted to know, huh? Looking forward to more!

Or get more points :confused3 :thumbsup2 Maybe even at a 2nd resort!

oooooooooooo, I like the idea of more points. I'm thinking lots of extra points. How about 500 at AKL and 500 and BLT? Then when they start selling for Hawaii we can get another few hundred. :cool2: That should give us enough vacations for the year. :cool1: Who am I kidding, that is not enough vacation. I really need to be a multi-millionaire. :rotfl2:

Any entree yes. But you pay the tip, so depending on how many are in your party & how much you want to pay will help determine if you order with gusto or more frugally. When we ate there in '08, on the plan, our bill would have been $130, so our tip came out to about $21. Add multiple tips throughout a week and we easily paid an extra $175-200 to the cost of the plan. I liked the plan much more back when the tips were included.

Should I have said DxDDP (Or however delux dining is abbreviated?) I read all about the meal/entree/tip thing right after I posted. DIS-ers are really helpful! :thumbsup2 Silly big family trip's going to add 18% to every meal. Sorry kids. You're eating outside so you don't count as a person.

I'm a bad dad, sometimes.

Almost as qualified to speak as the bus drivers and boat captains :rotfl2: ;)

The bridge in Epcot WAS the only place until BB opened up, and then of course later when they added EE to AK it kind of blew everything away. I remember back in '06 we were there on an EMH-Evening at AK and rode EE something like 14x in a row - just kept getting off and back into the queue (there was no line), and each time I went up that lift hill had fun seeing all the different things. One one trip up way off in the distance I could even see planes taking off from MCO. Now it's more like a competition between my sons and I as to who can see more faster... ahh the dorky things you do with your kids.
Expedition Everest (sp?) is the reason I went to WDW in 06. Though, I'll tell the long version of the story at another time. I shouldn't KEEP posting non-TR-related posts.pirate: I just like the pirate smiley.pirate:

oooooooooooo, I like the idea of more points. I'm thinking lots of extra points. How about 500 at AKL and 500 and BLT? Then when they start selling for Hawaii we can get another few hundred. :cool2: That should give us enough vacations for the year. :cool1: Who am I kidding, that is not enough vacation. I really need to be a multi-millionaire. :rotfl2:

DVC Talk makes me :woohoo: and :sad2: and :confused3
I just worry the DREAM of DVC isn't as awesome as the REALITY of DVC. But I can't find one post to back up that worry.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." ~A.P.W.B.D.

Expedition Everest (sp?) is the reason I went to WDW in 06. Though, I'll tell the long version of the story at another time. I shouldn't KEEP posting non-TR-related posts.pirate: I just like the pirate smiley.pirate:

I'd be fascinated to hear it someday...

I just worry the DREAM of DVC isn't as awesome as the REALITY of DVC. But I can't find one post to back up that worry.

Well I will say this one thing... right now...I think... anyway - my FIL has 8 different timeshares (all non-DVC) and we've be invited along through the years to some pretty ugly, nasty, down-right BAD "resorts" (used very, very loosely here). DW was adament through those various years that we would NOT ever own a timeshare. Then, after a number of years of quietly learning more and more about DVC (our first view of it together was on our honeymoon in '94, though I'd been getting literature about it since OKW first opened in '91) leading up to when our DD was born (2004) - taking us from a traditional family of 4 (with LOTS of room options available to us) to a family of 5 with not as many options available... and then requested we tour again while there in 2005. She relented and was intrigued - but not quite sold yet. It then took until 2007 for her to ask me when we were going to join. I jumped on that question so quickly and had paperwork sent to us immediately - and there's been no looking back since.

Since we joined, we've stayed at both WDW and DL on points multiple times -totalling 38 nights. Had we paid cash for those rooms/nights - we would have already paid out an amount surpassing our initial membership cost. They say they "average" break-even point is in 5-7 vacations... well, as you can see from my tickers, we aren't the "average" family. And on our last family trip - except for my DD, we each, separately in different conversations, talked about the future joy of going to WDW and not even going to the parks. DW and I experienced that just last month on our anniversary getaway. So DVC was definitely right for our family. The size of the rooms alone makes DVC a great fit for us! I can't stand going in to a standard hotel room with my family anymore - it's just way to crowded! :lmao:

:eek:

Oh, what the heck. Have it!

We love DVC. We bought into it before Bambi's parents moved within 40 minutes of WDW, and never once thought of getting rid of it. The resorts are awesome. We've never regretting our decision. Now we're just trying to figure out the best way to add on more points! (As you can see from Bambi's post above)

Oh, what the heck. Have it!

pirate:pirate:Only because I have permission. pirate:
May of 2006, I was watching a travel channel special about Animal Kingdom's newest attraction. It was about the construction, and how they didn't have room for "traditional" scaffolding, so they made the interior superstruction too big so they could attach the scaffolding to the mountain, do the painting on the outside (working top to bottom) then cut off the exposed I-beams. Anyway, great special. The next day at work, I sent an email to a coworker and a friend (2 different people), and said, "I want to go to disneyworld" (it had been 2000 since my previous trip.) The coworker wrote back to say "If you go before the end of June, you can have my 6 one-day park-hoppers that will expire before I can use them." Then I got an email from the friend that said, "If you go the 2nd week of June, my BF and I are going to be staying at a family house that is off-property, but you can see the Tree of Life from the house.":woohoo:

So, I called the DW: "honey, um, if I got us free tickets and a free place to stay, could we go to Disney World?"
DW: "Why?"
me: "Cause I got us tickets and a place to stay, but, it's only 6 weeks away."
Thanks to the Disney Visa, the 3 yr old's tickets were also "free" as it were, and we even had enough space in the car to bring our neighbor's daughter (and cousin of the friend with the house) along, since she'd never been to WDW.
The next 6 weeks were a bit of a blur, and I got to the line at EE. And I waited as patiently as I could, while the DW waited with our 3 yr old and 18 month old. After 45 min in line, and as I was chugging up the hill without hearing the CLACK-CLACK of the emergency slip thing (thanks to Imagineering Improvements) I got off the ride, found the DW and said, "This WHOLE trip has been worth it because of THAT ride."
While she didn't share my enthusiasm for the coaster, she was happy that I liked it so much. And EE is on my "list" for every future visit now.

Thus, the Travel Channel lead to a Disney Vacation for me.:cool1:
The End.

I'm sorry, but I have to interrupt this Disney Trip Report for a day that is un-Disney. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
The plan was for Grandpa & I to get 9 holes in at a local course, then fore everyone to head over the gulf coast for lunch and a little playtime at the beach.
The nice course we golfed at in October was full, but there was another just a few miles away. Grandpa had golfed it before, and called it "pasture land". It was our only option, so we headed out first thing in the morning.
The place is called Bramble Ridge, at for 9 holes with a cart was $17. Calling this place pasture land is an insult to grass-grazing livestock everywhere. I swear some of the greens were spray painted, and I almost twisted an ankle walking through some of the fairways. It was actually quite funny, and we ended up having good time. The golf was good enough, especially at that price. I was pretty worried, though. After the Lake Buena Vista course had stolen most of my balls, I started today with only 5 in my bag. I played pretty good, though and ended the round with only one. :thumbsup2
After golfing, we headed back to meet the rest of the family.
Grandma & Grandpa had some coupons for a place called Jimmy Guana's over in Indian Shores. We packed up our stuff for the day and headed out on I-4 towards Tampa. We cruising along just fine until we hit absolute deadlock in Tampa. It was around 10:30 in the morning and it looked like the middle of rush hour. I soon learned why the intersection of I-4 and I-275 was called "Malfunction Junction"
After a few minutes of bumper to bumper, we were clear of the city of Tampa and driving out over Tampa Bay.
I'd like to say that we were soon pulling into the parking lot of the restaurant, but we weren't. It's still quite a drive once you get over the bay to the coast. Including one gas station bathroom stop for Evan where I encouraged him not to wash his hands. Whatever he would pick up from touching that sink would be far worse than what he would be washing off. :crazy2:

Jimmy Guana's is a dock-side restaurant in the Holiday Inn in Indian Shores. They feature fresh caught seafood:
101_1300.jpg

...and a bit of local wildlife in every kid's drink:
101_1301.jpg

It was of course fake, the kids both loved playing with them. It came sitting across the top of the cups, but the kids had more fun drowning them.
101_1303.jpg

The weather was fantastic. Mid 70's, with a nice breeze coming off the channel next to us. The food was out of this world, too. I had a Grouper Sandwich, Bambi had some kind of steak or chicken pasta, I don't recall which.

Bellies full, we pulled out of there looking for a spot to park along the beach. We passed several tiny lots that were full, but eventually found one that was almost empty. I think it was in Reddington Beach, but I'm not positive. The weather was fine, but the water was still pretty cold that time of year.

P3100039.JPG

P3100052.JPG

P3100060.JPG

IMG_8739.JPG

A family portrait around the caste compound that we built
IMG_8744.JPG

Madison and Grandma were having fun racing up and down the beach. They would go about 50-100 feet, turn around and run back. Evan wanted to get in on the racing too, so he took off. And didn't stop. After he ran a few hundred yards, he stopped, looked back at us, turned around kept running. Not sure if/when/where he would stop, I took off after him. He looked back a few times, but kept running. I finally caught up to him after what had to be close to 1/4 mile. We started walking back, but he was totally pooped out and only made it about 30 feet before I carried him the rest of the way.

We packed up the van and continued heading south. We were going to avoid Tampa on the way back as it would have been right in the middle of rush hour. We planned to take our time on the way back and see some more of the coast. We ended up crossing the Sunshine Skyway Bridge at the mouth of Tampa Bay. Woooooo, is that thing a sight at over 190 feet above the water.

We made our way back to Lakeland where we had dinner at a place called Red Elephant Pizza. They're a small chain in Florida. We ordered two pizzas, and both were cooked wrong. One was supposed to be half pineapple, and it came out with pineapple on the entire thing. The other was supposed to be a large, but came out as a medium. The manager came over to the table and apologized up a storm. 8 minutes later, she personally delivered the correct pizzas, along with a $10 gift certificate. So even on a non-Disney day, we got Disney-level service!

Up next: Hollywood Studios and a very unexpected character meeting.

pirate:pirate:Only because I have permission. pirate:

Awesome story. I used to watch Diner, Drive-Ins and Dives a lot on Food Network. So far, Bambi has not authorized a cross-country road trip to hit every place that is featured on that show. Then again, neither has my cardiologist. :confused3

I soon learned why the intersection of I-4 and I-275 was called "Malfunction Junction"

Malfunction Junction, what's your gumption?
Messing up cars and trucks and taxis...

sorry, my mind was starting to wander

Jimmy Guana's is a dock-side restaurant in the Holiday Inn in Indian Shores. They feature fresh caught seafood:
101_1300.jpg

...and a bit of local wildlife in every kid's drink:
101_1301.jpg

It was of course fake, the kids both loved playing with them. It came sitting across the top of the cups, but the kids had more fun drowning them.
101_1303.jpg

Very cool pics! Love the local wildlife :thumbsup2

A family portrait around the caste compound that we built
IMG_8744.JPG

What a nice looking bunch

Madison and Grandma were having fun racing up and down the beach. They would go about 50-100 feet, turn around and run back. Evan wanted to get in on the racing too, so he took off. And didn't stop. After he ran a few hundred yards, he stopped, looked back at us, turned around kept running. Not sure if/when/where he would stop, I took off after him. He looked back a few times, but kept running.

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2: Way to go Evan! Sounds like a fun little guy you've got there.

We made our way back to Lakeland where we had dinner at a place called Red Elephant Pizza. They're a small chain in Florida. We ordered two pizzas, and both were cooked wrong. One was supposed to be half pineapple, and it came out with pineapple on the entire thing. The other was supposed to be a large, but came out as a medium. The manager came over to the table and apologized up a storm. 8 minutes later, she personally delivered the correct pizzas, along with a $10 gift certificate. So even on a non-Disney day, we got Disney-level service!

Up next: Hollywood Studios and a very unexpected character meeting.

:thumbsup2 It is nice when you get good service -especially after a mess up. Sure good service first would be nice, but I think it's just overrated.

Can't wait for more. :)

Oh good... nice to know it is still on the menu! :thumbsup2

It appears that I am not the only one to exaggerate. Yes, we came in under budget. By $8. What else would you have bought? Another soda and popcorn?popcorn::

:hippie::hippie: :lmao::lmao::lmao:

You could of got 2 more Mickey bars!!!!!!

Be back later to read your update.. gotta run to the grocery store. :headache::headache:

:thumbsup2 nice update barry!!! i lost a few myself at lbv. heck, i lost 3 at one hole. its the par three, the green is an island, you can see it when you pull into okw on the right. we are on the course with nobody behind us. i tee off, "plunk", didnt get it all, in the water. new ball!! tee off, hits the edge of the green and "plunk", rolls into the water. new ball!! tee off, hits the green about 4 foot from the cup and rolls off the back of the green,"plunk",in the water!!!! :lmao: "ill take a drop":lmao:

Nice update and great pics. What kid doesn't love going to the beach. We had one that likes to run also. So how did you like the Skyway bridge. That bridge always scares me as it seems to sway.

I did not exaggerate. I said that we came in under budget and we did, You said that we took out a second mortgage so I took that as permission to spend more next time.:littleangel:

We love DVC. We bought into it before Bambi's parents moved within 40 minutes of WDW, and never once thought of getting rid of it. The resorts are awesome. We've never regretting our decision. Now we're just trying to figure out the best way to add on more points! (As you can see from Bambi's post above)

This is one time that I will say that Barry is right. (Go ahead and print this out as future evidence if needed). We love the DVC. The resorts are amazing and we would never be able to afford to stay at them and go so often without the DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter