Cheerleaders at DW

signa

Earning My Ears
When exactly are the cheerleaders supposed to be staying at Disneyworld? The WWOS states they have competitions in late January and mid-February. I am staying at the All Star Music February 1-9 and don't want to be kept awake every night by some screaming girls. I am just getting a little scared as my vacation will be ruined if I can't get any sleep. Do I need to change resorts or am I just being paranoid???

Just call the CRO and ask them to place a note in your reservation that puts you far from the cheerleaders. The cheerleaders will more than likely be placed in one area, building there. You can request to be put somewhere else. If nothing else just step out of your room and yell for them to shutup and go find a bucket to stick their heads in because it is time to purge!

signa said:
When exactly are the cheerleaders supposed to be staying at Disneyworld? The WWOS states they have competitions in late January and mid-February. I am staying at the All Star Music February 1-9 and don't want to be kept awake every night by some screaming girls. I am just getting a little scared as my vacation will be ruined if I can't get any sleep. Do I need to change resorts or am I just being paranoid???

not to burst your bubble anymore but there are not just cheerleaders that stay at the all stars we are going in oct for a baseball tournament and i know they have other sporting events throughout the year. on the good side i wopuld think that most if not all sports people would stay at the all star sports i know that is where we will be staying. we do have a choice of por though so i dont think you are safe from possible teams anywhere except maybe the deluxes! :wave:

we have stayed at All Star Movies four times and Have stayed at Port Orleans both sides with many dance teams and cheerleaders and school groups.........we are fortunate enough not to had been bothered.......Most of the time the groups are well behaved and the chaperones on their toes. Saw them in December helping a lady with a carriage and two trays of food at the food court and one of the kids helped her to the table......so they are not all bad eggs.....

jovidan said:
Are you saying that these other "teams" KNOW they are as annoying and as unruly as the cheerleaders, or are you saying that the other "teams" realize how annoying the cheerleaders are, and therefore don't act like they do?

this will be our first tournament so i am not saying anything! I would just imagine any large group of kids anywhere would be loud and annoying . my own house with my 2 kids is loud and annoying sometimes LOL. Im sure it is out of excitment and i would expect the parents chaperoning to keep them in check. believe me i am not going to let my kids run and scream all night but unfortunatly some parents just dont get it!! :wave:

It is my understanding they will be there 2/11 - 2/15 staying at the All Stars and CBR. Saw this link on another post.

http://www.varsity.com/index.asp?article=1765

We will be there that weekend staying at CSR. I actually tried to book at AsMO first and was not deterred by the cheerleaders. My kids love AsMo and I figured they were louder and more annoying than any cheerleaders I could run up against. ;) Kidding. Would have gladly stayed there, but alas no room at the inn and we got an AP rate at CSR.

Denise

jovidan said:
Are you saying that these other "teams" KNOW they are as annoying and as unruly as the cheerleaders, or are you saying that the other "teams" realize how annoying the cheerleaders are, and therefore don't act like they do?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We probably will only be at the hotel in the evenings. I'm sure things will be fine. Only 7 more days until we go, but who's counting.

signa said:
We probably will only be at the hotel in the evenings. I'm sure things will be fine. Only 7 more days until we go, but who's counting.

Im sure you will be fine too. I dont know why so many people get so crazy about this subject. It is disney world not the ritz.There are supposed to be kids going crazy because they are so excited to be there.and not for nothing but if you are looking for a less rowdy place any of the all stars are not it. Im
sure you will have a great time you will be in disney how could you not! :cool1:

signa said:

I wouldn't let it worry you. Have a great trip!

:) It may not be the ritz but I have been places with my DD Girl Scout troop and had to call management because cheerleaders, sports players, dance teams, etc... were running the halls and yelling, doing cheers and stuff. HOWEVER, you should be fine. If not, then introduce Mr. and Mrs. Badmood to them. :)

well as i posted before i would NOT ever let my kids or any in my care run arounf screaming at midnight anywhere! I do agree with you that it is the parents fault i just cant believe it could be that bad. i guess i will see for myself in oct. I would be the first one to say something if it was that late and the kids got too out of control. I would say it to someone elses kids in hopes that the parents just might get it! My point was though that it is disney world and kids do tend to get a little more hyper especially if they are with all there friends. wont be happening at midnight though!!!! :wave:

Jovidan, you have made your feelings known NUMEROUS times with NUMEROUS posts on this subject based on YOUR experience. It results in the thread being closed every time. There are 3 groups that post on this subject. Those who truly have questions as to when to avoid these groups due largely to what they have read from the second group - some who have legitimate gripes about their experiences and then some that just are into cheerleader/athlete bashing for some reason, and then the third group who think that there ARE a lot of good groups and chaperones out there and it is insulting to be labeled into the unruly groups. Enough already. I would worry more about booking my trip through and getting the runaround from my ebay travel agent who can't come up with a confirmation or paid in full receipt than scaring all the DIS folks about their upcoming trips. :grouphug:

Rafikifan said:
Jovidan, you have made your feelings known NUMEROUS times with NUMEROUS posts on this subject based on YOUR experience. It results in the thread being closed every time. There are 3 groups that post on this subject. Those who truly have questions as to when to avoid these groups due largely to what they have read from the second group - some who have legitimate gripes about their experiences and then some that just are into cheerleader/athlete bashing for some reason, and then the thrid group who think that there ARE a lot of good groups and chaperones out there and it is insulting to be labeled into the unruly groups. Enough already. I would worry more about booking my trip though and getting the runaround from my ebay travel agent who can't come up with a confirmation or paid in full receipt than scaring all the DIS folks about their upcoming trips. :grouphug:

ya hoo well said!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc

My experience with cheerleaders/dance teams/whatever you want to call a gaggle of overstimulated teenage girls at WDW is as follows.

Twice we stayed at the All Stars, once first week Feb, once last week Jan. Both times the place was over run with them.

From 6:00am until after midnight they'd be outside our door praticing. Calling the desk did nothing.

Those who weren't practicing we taking up tables "hanging around" the food court, or rough housing in the pools.

Try getting on a bus, they'd cut in front of you with a real entitlement mentality.

They'd cheer on the busses, in the parks. There was no escaping them.

We couldn't nap in the afternoon, they were practising outside our door.

It was brutal.

We decided never again.

A non-WDW encounter with a school group:

Two years ago we spent the night in a Hilton in central PA. There was a high school band group staying there. The "chaperones" were stationed at the end of the hallway, but they did nothing until after midnight to stop the constant SLAM, SLAM, Slam and kids running up and down the hallways. At 4:00am the boys in the room next to us were STILL laughing and carrying on. The chaperones were at the other end of the hall, and did NOTHING to stop it. They later claimed they didn't hear them as they were 20 doors down--possible, but they should have stationed themselves in a different manner.

I finally had to involve the front desk and threaten to call the police before anything was done.

The point is that even with "alert" chaperones, it's still unfair to other guests to have to deal with a large group of teens. Regardless of how polite they are, by their very nature they are LOUD. As I said in the other thread, Disney should set aside a resort just to house student groups. This would cause the least amount of disruption to other guests who have saved and worked to take their families to WDW.

Anne

ducklite said:
My experience with cheerleaders/dance teams/whatever you want to call a gaggle of overstimulated teenage girls at WDW is as follows.

Twice we stayed at the All Stars, once first week Feb, once last week Jan. Both times the place was over run with them.

From 6:00am until after midnight they'd be outside our door praticing. Calling the desk did nothing.

Those who weren't practicing we taking up tables "hanging around" the food court, or rough housing in the pools.

Try getting on a bus, they'd cut in front of you with a real entitlement mentality.

They'd cheer on the busses, in the parks. There was no escaping them.

We couldn't nap in the afternoon, they were practising outside our door.

It was brutal.

We decided never again........

The point is that even with "alert" chaperones, it's still unfair to other guests to have to deal with a large group of teens. Regardless of how polite they are, by their very nature they are LOUD. As I said in the other thread, Disney should set aside a resort just to house student groups. This would cause the least amount of disruption to other guests who have saved and worked to take their families to WDW.

Anne

Something I have thought but haven't ever voiced here is that the sad thing is is that the cheering these girls do spontaneously in groups and the practicing is ENCOURAGED by the cheerleading association. At least in our experiences...they have a spirit stick award and we've been in parks where they said they would be "secretly watching" to see which squads had the most "spirit". I DO agree with you...it gets on my nerves too...but write to the leaders of these groups and don't blame the kids for what they are told to do or the chaperones who for the most part are well meaning. Anne, I do hate that you had those experiences but your post did make me chuckle. You mention the groups having an "entitlement mentality". What do you call the opinion of delegating the teen groups to a "resort just to house student groups." ?? So if we are traveling to WDW with our family of 5 and other families from the group during a competition, spending $4,000+ per family and want to have our choice of resorts we should be told we can only stay in a certain resort(s)? Sounds like the groups aren't the ones with the entitlement mentality. Disney already "encourages" groups to stay at certain resorts but their dollars are just as green and they are just as entitled to stay where they want. Families associated with these groups work and save as long and hard as any other family wanting to go to WDW. I don't mean to be argumentative but it is a point often overlooked when this subject gets brought up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter