Checking Luggage

I buy the rings like on a key ring and use that on my luggage. Don't want it popping open by accident.

We just use zip ties to keep the zippers from 'accidentally' opening during baggage handling. And put a little pair of scissors in the small outside pocket.

I don't "lock" my suitcases but do use twist ties that I save from loafs of bread. I'm afraid my the suitcases might pop open if something wasn't used.

Its useless, you have to make sure the TSA could get in, and they are the ones I want to lock out

My luggage has TSA locks on it, so it makes sense to use them. Previously I'd used special numbered zip ties that you can buy in luggage shops. I'm more concerned about someone putting something IN my bag than taking something out - an Australian woman spent 9 years in a Bali jail after marajuana was found in her bag, which she claims was not hers. I have no idea whether her story is true or not, but it's definitely made me want to keep my bag secure!

Never lock our luggage. Also, never pack any of true value aside from clothes in a checked bag.
This. I also pack all of our liquid and aerosol toiletries, scissors and manicure tools in our checked bags too, just to avoid the hassle at security. This whole 3-1-1 thing is ridiculous in my opinion.

:offtopic: Also, regarding airport security, I've flown several times recently, twice from Canadian airports and twice from airports in the US. Interestingly, Canadian airports are no longer requiring the removal of shoes and belts now that the body-scans are being used. The American airports still are.

I don't lock my luggage, TSA is going to bust open anything locked anyway.

I don't pack valuables in luggage -- sadly, TSA is the most likely thief so again I see no need for the locks as a big flashing "Hello! I have something of value inside!"

Most of the time I check due to the liquid rules (this girly girl needs her grooming products and I can't fit it all in a quart bag :blush:). I love that you can track your checked bags now. :thumbsup2

This. I also pack all of our liquid and aerosol toiletries, scissors and manicure tools in our checked bags too, just to avoid the hassle at security. This whole 3-1-1 thing is ridiculous in my opinion.

:offtopic: Also, regarding airport security, I've flown several times recently, twice from Canadian airports and twice from airports in the US. Interestingly, Canadian airports are no longer requiring the removal of shoes and belts now that the body-scans are being used. The American airports still are.

Last winter we did not have to remove our shoes when flying out of Detroit, but did flying home from Tampa. Thought that was odd.

DH hates packing his CPAP machine in his carryon but I make him do it anyway. He says to just pack it in the checked luggage and lock it up. Yeah, right! Nope! Not taking a chance with that since our insurance wouldn't pay for a new one for him and I don't want to hear him snoring! :)

Nope, never lock it. I don't see the point of TSA locks. It just makes it more likely your luggage may "accidentally" be cut.
I am careful to keep my valuables in carryon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter