Check your account before leaving!

MissMet

DIS Veteran
Boy did we just go through two days of CRAZY with MDE!!

We've been planning a big family trip since December. I had been assigned to make all the arrangements since I am the most experienced in the family. So I linked all the family, linked our hotel reservations, when our ADR window opened, booked those & linked them and the same for our FP+. This is my third trip with magic bands/MDE, so I definitely understand the process & the ins & outs.

Well, we're leaving next week for our trip so I went online to print out our itinerary and I noticed that my dad was no no longer on ANY FP+ or ADRs but my mom was now on each of them twice! He wasn't even in my family & friends and I couldn't chose him for anything. It was as if he was never on there. I had set everyone up with their avatars specific to them & my dad was the old man from UP. I KNOW he was on there correctly. He was on every ADR, every FP+, our hotel reservation. I know this because every time I saw that Avatar in the planning process, I'd crack up because that old man is SO my dad. lol So after looking further into it I see that my dad's season pass is now linked to my mom, so my mom had her name in there twice with two avatars (one I assigned her & the generic one) & two season passes assigned to her & my dad was gone. We also had a bunch of additional FP+ that we never booked nor would we have. (MK FP+ on our AK day, kids on Splash that are too small to ride, etc.) I am the only one in the group that has a login & was working on it, so I knew something went nutty.

So yesterday I call & was told that it was something on my end. Um??? I hadn't logged on in weeks & why would I un-assign my dad's season pass & link it to my mom who already had one?? So after over an hour on the phone, the CM said the best she could do was move my dad's ticket back to him, but then she told me that my dad never had any FP+ assigned to him, which again was not at all true. So after I insisted that he had everything the same as we did she said she could try & get him similar FP+ times, but that to get us back all together we would have to go to guest services once we arrive because she was not able to do that. I was so frustrated, but I was just happy that he was able to get back on there & get similar FP+ with times that over-lapped ours. There were some she couldn't get at all but my Aunt is unable to ride some of those rides so he could just use her MB. It was so frustrating since I did everything I was supposed to and somehow the system messed up & we lost out, but whatever. Thanks to my Aunt's lack of adventurous ride personality & overlapping times we could make it work. However, there were still TWO of my mom on everything & extra FP+ we had no plans to use. She told us it wouldn't be an issue & that if we wanted to remove the double, I would have to be put through to another department to get her removed, but after over an hour already I just told her I'd call back and do it another time.

So I check my email the next morning and there's an email telling me that I don't have enough adequate tickets for how many people I have assigned to our FP+ and that I need to add tickets in the next few days in order not to lose our FP+. UGH!! So back on the phone with Disney I go. This time, however, I got a CM that actually understood MDE. He couldn't understand what had originally happened but saw how I had originally had it setup and could not understand what the day before's CM did to try and fix it. So he spent the next 90 minutes undoing everything she did and got our FP+ back to normal. He was able to remove my mom's double as well as redo our FP+... two things the previous CM said she could not do.

I'm TRYING to warm up to this new system, but they're not making it easy!! lol Look, I'm not going to pretend that I know better than Disney on how to do things, but when I have to spend the amount of time that I do to make sure I have a standard experience this far ahead, it's frustrating. It sounds cliche but after these past two mornings I really do feel like I need a vacation from planning my vacation. So frustrating.

Sorry. Had to vent and warn people to keep checking on your account.

Thank you for your post!

I can't even imagine how frustrated you were, but at least it gives a heads up for us newbies (and seasoned veterans out there) to being cognizant of how the system can mess up and it's not always our fault.

However, have a wonderful time on your vacation! :)

Sometimes I would check MDE and things would be out of whack...............the app on my phone would say we had a reservation for 8 but online it said the correct number of 10. I never changed anything because I had printed out all of the info when I first made the reservations so I trusted that was right. I would check again later in the day and things would all jive again. We were traveling with another family and frequently I would get a text saying so and so was missing or such and such disappeared. I told her to hang tight it was probably a glitch and sure enough, she would go check again on a computer and everything would be fine. Sorry for all you went through but glad you were able to get everything corrected!

But, but, but, MDE and FP+ are just the most magical thing since sliced bread! Anyone who finds fault with either must promptly cancel all their plans and never go to WDW again. And MDE never has glitched that mess up guest's plans. They have "magical enhancements" for your enjoyment.

Yeah, we had similar problems, both before and during our last trip. It's going to be a while before my masochistic tendencies prod me into going again.

I agree @crostorfer . It was very clear that the first CM did not want to admit that it was their system that messed me up. The second CM found fault with the other CM, but never outright said, "Yeah, our system messed you up." Which it absolutely did!

You're so right @minnie mum . I was ready to get flamed for this post. I hate the new system. I have hated it every trip. We have always had at least one issue & now I can say it is NOT friendly to people in big parties. This whole process has been the worst!! I will still go to WDW, but I can absolutely be unhappy with how they are handling things while still going.

Had the double ticket issue the first year we used MDE/FP+ system. DD and DH both showed 2 sets of tickets and I never did show up anywhere. We fiddled with FP when we got there but that was several years ago before things got crazy!

I printed out our itinerary and will carry each page with me every day. Our friends MDE was jacked up for several hours one day. It was as it was suppose to be when she called and she logged back in later and it was back to normal.

I feel your pain OP. We have problems all the time with MDE. Our worst problem was when we set up Memory Maker and linked family members to our account. When the family members checked out (from a different resort), my husband got checked out too. But we were staying an extra week. It messed with our dining credits, and it took us the rest of the week (and multiple cm's) to figure it all out. :mad:

We've been planning a big family trip since December. I had been assigned to make all the arrangements since I am the most experienced in the family. So I linked all the family, linked our hotel reservations, when our ADR window opened, booked those & linked them and the same for our FP+. This is my third trip with magic bands/MDE, so I definitely understand the process & the ins & outs.

Well, we're leaving next week for our trip so I went online to print out our itinerary and I noticed that my dad was no no longer on ANY FP+ or ADRs but my mom was now on each of them twice! He wasn't even in my family & friends and I couldn't chose him for anything. It was as if he was never on there. I had set everyone up with their avatars specific to them & my dad was the old man from UP. I KNOW he was on there correctly. He was on every ADR, every FP+, our hotel reservation. I know this because every time I saw that Avatar in the planning process, I'd crack up because that old man is SO my dad. lol So after looking further into it I see that my dad's season pass is now linked to my mom, so my mom had her name in there twice with two avatars (one I assigned her & the generic one) & two season passes assigned to her & my dad was gone. We also had a bunch of additional FP+ that we never booked nor would we have. (MK FP+ on our AK day, kids on Splash that are too small to ride, etc.) I am the only one in the group that has a login & was working on it, so I knew something went nutty.

So yesterday I call & was told that it was something on my end. Um??? I hadn't logged on in weeks & why would I un-assign my dad's season pass & link it to my mom who already had one?? So after over an hour on the phone, the CM said the best she could do was move my dad's ticket back to him, but then she told me that my dad never had any FP+ assigned to him, which again was not at all true. So after I insisted that he had everything the same as we did she said she could try & get him similar FP+ times, but that to get us back all together we would have to go to guest services once we arrive because she was not able to do that. I was so frustrated, but I was just happy that he was able to get back on there & get similar FP+ with times that over-lapped ours. There were some she couldn't get at all but my Aunt is unable to ride some of those rides so he could just use her MB. It was so frustrating since I did everything I was supposed to and somehow the system messed up & we lost out, but whatever. Thanks to my Aunt's lack of adventurous ride personality & overlapping times we could make it work. However, there were still TWO of my mom on everything & extra FP+ we had no plans to use. She told us it wouldn't be an issue & that if we wanted to remove the double, I would have to be put through to another department to get her removed, but after over an hour already I just told her I'd call back and do it another time.

So I check my email the next morning and there's an email telling me that I don't have enough adequate tickets for how many people I have assigned to our FP+ and that I need to add tickets in the next few days in order not to lose our FP+. UGH!! So back on the phone with Disney I go. This time, however, I got a CM that actually understood MDE. He couldn't understand what had originally happened but saw how I had originally had it setup and could not understand what the day before's CM did to try and fix it. So he spent the next 90 minutes undoing everything she did and got our FP+ back to normal. He was able to remove my mom's double as well as redo our FP+... two things the previous CM said she could not do.

I'm TRYING to warm up to this new system, but they're not making it easy!! lol Look, I'm not going to pretend that I know better than Disney on how to do things, but when I have to spend the amount of time that I do to make sure I have a standard experience this far ahead, it's frustrating. It sounds cliche but after these past two mornings I really do feel like I need a vacation from planning my vacation. So frustrating.

Sorry for your aggravation and all that time. Just curious if your Dad or Mom has his/her own MDE? And maybe signed into it recently? Or could one of them have started a second MDE, forgetting about the first one? Sometimes this sort of problem cascades when a family member on your MDE signs into their own MDE - but the various members of the two MDEs are not all friends with each other. It shouldn't cause glitchmageddon, but sometimes it does.

We had something very similar happen during our September visit. My mom did not have her own MDE. Her AP and everything was linked to mine. I have a friend who also has an AP and lives locally. We were going to try to make her and my mom friends so she could also make plans for all 3 of us. Well somewhere in the process we ended up assigning my mom's AP and all her FP+ for that stay along with our upcoming October stay to my friend. It was like my mom never existed. We went to guest services, admitted it was our fault. At some point in the process we entered my friends email address and I think that is when the problem started. It took like an hour at guest services to get it all straightened out. The CM was really sweet and gave us 3 any time fast passes for every day remaining on our stay along with a free snack each to use while we watched the Frozen fireworks that night. This problem was totally our fault and we did not expect any type of compensation but really enjoyed the pixie dust! The system is very flawed. It should have never allowed us to do that, but we did appreciate Disney making up for our lost time. Those extra rides on TSMWM and 7DMT made up for the hour at guest services!

Sorry for your aggravation and all that time. Just curious if your Dad or Mom has his/her own MDE? And maybe signed into it recently? Or could one of them have started a second MDE, forgetting about the first one? Sometimes this sort of problem cascades when a family member on your MDE signs into their own MDE - but the various members of the two MDEs are not all friends with each other. It shouldn't cause glitchmageddon, but sometimes it does.

lol definitely not. My dad still can't even figure out how to hear his voicemails on his iPhone he's had for over a year. Why he has a smart phone I'll never understand.

Oh my! I would be frustrated after all of that too! I'm glad the second CM was able to help you and get everything back the way it should be!

You know, I can accept technical glitches and such happening...but the disparity in the service you get when you call for help when those glitches happen is ridiculous. Yeah, I know, phone CMs are notoriously unreliable...but if you're going to put all your eggs in this technical basket, then the support team whose job it is to help people when those technical glitches need to *all* be on the same page as to how to fix it!

That is frustrating. I take it from your parents being AP holders they have MDE accounts too?

Multiple and linked MDE accounts seem to be at the root at many issues with ADR and FP. I can't explain it but more often than not that is a common thread. I have forbidden DH from ever making an account in MDE

lol definitely not. My dad still can't even figure out how to hear his voicemails on his iPhone he's had for over a year. Why he has a smart phone I'll never understand.
So you can have an AP and not have an MDE account? I thought they sort of forced that on you when you buy the AP. Could he have one and just not use it?

Multiple and linked MDE accounts seem to be at the root at many issues with ADR and FP. I can't explain it but more often than not that is a common thread. I have forbidden DH from ever making an account in MDE

Very smart. You're totally right about the root of many issues being linked accounts and duplicate profiles, etc. Though obviously from the OP's experience, the system can just plain old glitch for no reason.

I can't imagine how frustrating ... I'd be freakin' out! But I did snicker when I first started reading thinking, sounds like Dear Dad doesn't want to go and erased himself, clever fellow. :-)

I agree with PPs that linked accounts are an issue. When they first started we linked and I have since set up my MDE with NO links. Too many negative stories that seem to have the linking as the root of problems either by an IT issue or too many cooks in the kitchen messing it up. My DS and DD both have their own MDE and if we travel together we just coordinate our FP+ booking. No intergalactic booking for us.

I think you need to screenshot EVERYTHING you do now as proof. I screen shot my ADR's, I screen shot my fastpasses. No one is going to tell me I don't/never had something, and I think Disney needs as much proof as humanly possible that their system is FLAWED.

I do the same for myself to know where to be BUT just because you show someone a screen shot doesn't mean you are getting in. I have seen plenty show CMs a screenshot and they do not let them in and tell them to go to Guest Relations. It is easy to book, screenshot, cancel, book, screenshot, racking up the FP+ ..... they are on to that one. Will some let you through? yes, but be prepared to go to Guest Relations or FP+ folks if your FP+ disappear.

Oh my! I would be frustrated after all of that too! I'm glad the second CM was able to help you and get everything back the way it should be!

You know, I can accept technical glitches and such happening...but the disparity in the service you get when you call for help when those glitches happen is ridiculous. Yeah, I know, phone CMs are notoriously unreliable...but if you're going to put all your eggs in this technical basket, then the support team whose job it is to help people when those technical glitches need to *all* be on the same page as to how to fix it!

This is what I truly don't understand. Do they not all receive the same training and information? I've read some wild tales on this forum when it comes to phone CMs. I've fortunately never had a major issue to resolve over the phone, but I've learned from here to be wary of any claims they make and to call back and get a different CM if they give me incorrect information.

It shouldn't be the case that a forum of enthusiasts is collectively more knowledgeable about the system than the people paid to represent it and help others navigate it. But that's where we seem to be!

OP, I'm sorry you had such a rough go of it. So glad the second CM was able to fix everything! Unreal that he saw everything you told the first CM had been in the system, but that she claimed to see none of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter