Check in here if you won a OMDD trip! UPDATE: We HAVE 16 (+1) Winners!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got our paperwork yesterday and my husband emailed it off today. Wow! Picking 4 dates actually proved to be more difficult than I would have thought!

We did end up going with the shopping spree and I guess we'll just see what that entails when we get there (or get more info from our contact). From what I can see and from what a pp said, the gift card is only good at a few locations in DD? Something like the World of Disney, a confectionery and one other place I can't remember.... I will admit, the spa package was kind of tempting as well. So those of you that went with that will have to report back and let me know what I was missed! :)

We also told them that if it was at all possible, that we'd LOVE to stay in the Grand Californian and our second preference would be the Disneyland Hotel. We felt sorta crunchy doing that - like we were being too demanding or something. I guess if they set us up in a cardboard box on Katella St., we'll know we pushed it too far! :lmao:

I'm also curious what airline they are using and what airport we'll fly in to. I would wager a guess that it's either Alaska or Southwest. I'm kinda hoping it's Alaska - they are based out of here and offer lots of direct flights to SNA, which is nice and close. :)

I agree, I would rather be in Disney than on a plane on my birthday too. Maybe you could take a late flight back home and enjoy the day there. We always try to take a really late flight back. It makes us feel like we have squeezed in an extra day! :thumbsup2

My thoughts exactly! After 16 trips, you learn the ropes. Hoping for the late flight home and early flight to there.:banana:

Can I butt into the conversation to help you out and help me get a few more that I need?

Guess this question is answered by this post! :)

Of course you can butt in. I'm almost halfway to the next status, so I am posting away, too.

We got our paperwork yesterday and my husband emailed it off today. Wow! Picking 4 dates actually proved to be more difficult than I would have thought!

We did end up going with the shopping spree and I guess we'll just see what that entails when we get there (or get more info from our contact). From what I can see and from what a pp said, the gift card is only good at a few locations in DD? Something like the World of Disney, a confectionery and one other place I can't remember.... I will admit, the spa package was kind of tempting as well. So those of you that went with that will have to report back and let me know what I was missed! :)

We also told them that if it was at all possible, that we'd LOVE to stay in the Grand Californian and our second preference would be the Disneyland Hotel. We felt sorta crunchy doing that - like we were being too demanding or something. I guess if they set us up in a cardboard box on Katella St., we'll know we pushed it too far! :lmao:

I'm also curious what airline they are using and what airport we'll fly in to. I would wager a guess that it's either Alaska or Southwest. I'm kinda hoping it's Alaska - they are based out of here and offer lots of direct flights to SNA, which is nice and close. :)

From what I hear, the gift card is only good at 3 places in DTD, but it's a Disney GC, so you can use it in the park too. And where on your paperwork did you indicate you were doing the shopping spree? They didn't have check boxes for it, so perhaps I should have put that in comments. Oh well. I'd run out of room anyway, so I'll just tell them when they send my itinerary.

What dates did you choose?

And, where are you flying from?

My thoughts exactly! After 16 trips, you learn the ropes. Hoping for the late flight home and early flight to there.:banana:

That's what we picked. Just hope we get it. We are kind of park commandos! lol We went for a short weekend trip once and couldnt get a late flight. We got $17 airfare each way on Allegient so we were not going to pass up that price! :scared1: Anywhoo we stayed in the parks until 2am went back and showered and got up for a 5am flight. My kids were even into it! :laughing: They have been park commandos since they were babies!

That's what we picked. Just hope we get it. We are kind of park commandos! lol We went for a short weekend trip once and couldnt get a late flight. We got $17 airfare each way on Allegient so we were not going to pass up that price! :scared1: Anywhoo we stayed in the parks until 2am went back and showered and got up for a 5am flight. My kids were even into it! :laughing: They have been park commandos since they were babies!

Would love to hear if you get it. Good luck! The week I chose is the one I've primarily always gone, and just went this last August. It was so quiet! This will be only the second trip for my kids in the last two years and they know the drill. I call them Disney trained-bed late and up early-don't go to Disney if you want to sleep :rotfl2:

Would love to hear if you get it. Good luck! The week I chose is the one I've primarily always gone, and just went this last August. It was so quiet! This will be only the second trip for my kids in the last two years and they know the drill. I call them Disney trained-bed late and up early-don't go to Disney if you want to sleep :rotfl2:

Thats our policy too! We stay in the parks late, take a nap or swim mid-day, and get up early in the mornings. We will be a little more relaxed this trip. We are going to try to just hang at the deluxe resort on Sat and Sunday and enjoy it and then do our park hopping Mon-Fri. Then hit the beach on Sat afternoon and go back to MK that night. Then fly back home late Sunday. We requested 4 additional nights at POP.

Okay, so of the people who have returned their vacation planners, has anyone gotten an itinerary back yet?

From what I hear, the gift card is only good at 3 places in DTD, but it's a Disney GC, so you can use it in the park too. And where on your paperwork did you indicate you were doing the shopping spree? They didn't have check boxes for it, so perhaps I should have put that in comments. Oh well. I'd run out of room anyway, so I'll just tell them when they send my itinerary.

What dates did you choose?

And, where are you flying from?

Huh. I went back and looked at it and I guess there isn't a spot to indicate your choice. My husband filled it out (his name was the one pulled) and when he asked me if I was sure we wanted the gift card, I just assumed there was a spot for it. Guess I shouldn't assume, huh? ;) Anyway, if we can use it in the park as well, that's great! (We have two young boys so I imagine us coming home with 327 Light Sabers....:rolleyes:)

We will be flying out of Seattle and between SW and AA, AA is the only direct fight to SNA (AA is based in Seattle), however they charge for baggage (not an issue for us - we travel light:)). SW doesn't charge for baggage, but there are plane changes. I suppose they could fly us into LAX? Again, I'll be happy with whatever airline they choose.

The dates were difficult for us to pick, because we REALLY just wanted our first choice which is Dec. 1st - 5th. However, we are totally flexible from Dec. 1st - 14th, but I think they asked for the dates to be separated by a week so we couldn't really throw down a bunch of options within that two week period.
So we ended up with these (somewhat random) dates:
Dec. 1st - 5th
Nov. 10th - 14th
Dec. 8th - 12th
Oct. 20th - 24th

How about you? What dates did you pick? (maybe you posted this already, but dang! this board moves fast!)

Congratulations to the winners here!

How were the winners contacted?

Every day I go to the website and enter. I see the same names scrolling under "sweepstakes winners" over and over, but it hasn't been updated in a few weeks :confused3

Congratulations to the winners here!

How were the winners contacted?

Every day I go to the website and enter. I see the same names scrolling under "sweepstakes winners" over and over, but it hasn't been updated in a few weeks :confused3

The people who won through texting were notified by phone/text. The ones who won from an email either were contacted by email, or if Disney had their address on file, they just sent the forms through FedEx without contacting the winners before hand.

The people who won through texting were notified by phone/text. The ones who won from an email either were contacted by email, or if Disney had their address on file, they just sent the forms through FedEx without contacting the winners before hand.

Oh I see, thank you. I'll check my spam folder until the end of Feb ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter