Check in here if you won a OMDD trip! UPDATE: We HAVE 16 (+1) Winners!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FIRST OFF...CONGRATS WINNERS! :cheer2: How exciting is that? Have to admit I am a little jealous, but continue to enter! Got a question, and I am SURE its been answered, BUT there are 170+ pages to go through...are any of the winners from text? if you are, how did it happen?:rolleyes1

as SOON as I post this, the question was answered...:)

Yeah, you missed a post. We have to include a Saturday because of air travel. I wasn't planning on being there on a Saturday, either, but had to adjust my dates, too.

m:confused:I overthinking this? Can I go from Tuesday to Saturday and leave on Saturday? Can you gather that from your paperwork?

Huh. I went back and looked at it and I guess there isn't a spot to indicate your choice. My husband filled it out (his name was the one pulled) and when he asked me if I was sure we wanted the gift card, I just assumed there was a spot for it. Guess I shouldn't assume, huh? ;) Anyway, if we can use it in the park as well, that's great! (We have two young boys so I imagine us coming home with 327 Light Sabers....:rolleyes:)

We will be flying out of Seattle and between SW and AA, AA is the only direct fight to SNA (AA is based in Seattle), however they charge for baggage (not an issue for us - we travel light:)). SW doesn't charge for baggage, but there are plane changes. I suppose they could fly us into LAX? Again, I'll be happy with whatever airline they choose.

The dates were difficult for us to pick, because we REALLY just wanted our first choice which is Dec. 1st - 5th. However, we are totally flexible from Dec. 1st - 14th, but I think they asked for the dates to be separated by a week so we couldn't really throw down a bunch of options within that two week period.
So we ended up with these (somewhat random) dates:
Dec. 1st - 5th
Nov. 10th - 14th
Dec. 8th - 12th
Oct. 20th - 24th

How about you? What dates did you pick? (maybe you posted this already, but dang! this board moves fast!)

We picked Oct 6-11th, because we are going with another family, so if those dates are rejected we are going to have to start over again, and will probably ask if we can go to WDW instead. I am hoping since we picked dates in the off season that it won't be a problem. We did ask for the GCH, which we will hopefully get. We really don't want PPH. When we planned this trip pre-winning, we were going to stay at the DLH (first time staying on-site) so we really hope we aren't downgraded to PPH. Anything will be a step up from where we normally stay. Not that there is anything wrong with the Fairfield Inn, it's just not a Disney property.

m:confused:I overthinking this? Can I go from Tuesday to Saturday and leave on Saturday? Can you gather that from your paperwork?

No, you can't leave on a Saturday. The airlines give their deals when you include a Saturday night in your stay, so that's what Disney requires you to do. The paperwork for DL says, "Travel dates must include a Saturday night stay for the air portion of your prize package."

Which leads me to wonder, what happens if you aren't flying?

No, you can't leave on a Saturday. The airlines give their deals when you include a Saturday night in your stay, so that's what Disney requires you to do. The paperwork for DL says, "Travel dates must include a Saturday night stay for the air portion of your prize package."

Which leads me to wonder, what happens if you aren't flying?

Right... That's what makes me think what does it matter for the Saturday.:confused3 Good point. That was also why I asked if it was for WDW too, thought maybe it had something to do with just DL choices and airfare to California.

So does anyone know if we can us the $500.00 DGC to pay for the additional
nights that we are booking?
I thought we should be able to . . . . . but . . . .
:confused3

So does anyone know if we can us the $500.00 DGC to pay for the additional
nights that we are booking?
I thought we should be able to . . . . . but . . . .
:confused3

If it's a regular gift card, and from what we've been told, it is, then we should be able to use it for almost anything...hotel rooms, stroller rentals, tickets, food, shops, etc. We're limited to what places we can use it at DTD and most of the small carts that sell things like light-up toys in the evening don't take them. Our DL contact didn't tell me that we could use it everywhere but I think we'll be able to (hopefully). :)

That's a great idea. I hadn't thought of that, but I can't imagine being able to find $500 worth of stuff.

Who posted that they wanted to buy a D&B they'd had their eye on? I just got a D&B wristlet (to use as a makeup bag) with the 25% off coupon the Disney Store just had last week. Also got the Cars pin set for my little guy ($18, instead of the $49 it was originally), and the princess lanyard and pin set, because I got it for $18 as well.

That's a great idea. I hadn't thought of that, but I can't imagine being able to find $500 worth of stuff.

Who posted that they wanted to buy a D&B they'd had their eye on? I just got a D&B wristlet (to use as a makeup bag) with the 25% off coupon the Disney Store just had last week. Also got the Cars pin set for my little guy ($18, instead of the $49 it was originally), and the princess lanyard and pin set, because I got it for $18 as well.

LOL Debby! I thought you said you weren't going to buy anything until you got there. ;) I was planning on buying a D&B bag if we had to spend it at DTD but now I'm planning on saving as much of it as we can for our WDW trip in November. We're so used to taking our own food to the parks and just eating counter service that this trip will seem so weird eating out at sit-down restaurants. :)

That was me. I want to check them out in person. I guess I could always pick out the one I want and wait to catch it on sale on the Disney website. Since it's a gift card I can probably use it there too. My daughter has a non Disney Dooney wristlet and she loves it.

I sent my letter back to the DL rep and asked her to e-mail me when she got it. I requested GCH as our number #1 choice and DLH as #2. We'll see. I'll be happy with any of the three hotels (but more happy with GCH ;) ).

I only sent one date to her, due to my husband's deployment. We could make one other date work, but hopefully we'll get our first choice. We chose July 14-18. We're planning on staying in California for an extra week so I guess we'll see how it all comes together.

You should be able to but knowing Disney you probably can't.... no really I think you have to make a whole new reservation and add it then but hey it's worth a shot right lol :)

-M

I sent my letter back to the DL rep and asked her to e-mail me when she got it. I requested GCH as our number #1 choice and DLH as #2. We'll see. I'll be happy with any of the three hotels (but more happy with GCH ;) ).

I only sent one date to her, due to my husband's deployment. We could make one other date work, but hopefully we'll get our first choice. We chose July 14-18. We're planning on staying in California for an extra week so I guess we'll see how it all comes together.
Good Luck! Hope you guys get the week you want. :cheer2:

If it's a regular gift card, and from what we've been told, it is, then we should be able to use it for almost anything...hotel rooms, stroller rentals, tickets, food, shops, etc. We're limited to what places we can use it at DTD and most of the small carts that sell things like light-up toys in the evening don't take them. Our DL contact didn't tell me that we could use it everywhere but I think we'll be able to (hopefully). :)

That's what I thought . . . . here's to hoping! :dance3:

LOL Debby! I thought you said you weren't going to buy anything until you got there. ;) I was planning on buying a D&B bag if we had to spend it at DTD but now I'm planning on saving as much of it as we can for our WDW trip in November. We're so used to taking our own food to the parks and just eating counter service that this trip will seem so weird eating out at sit-down restaurants. :)

I know, I did say that, but I couldn't resist the 25% off official parks merch, along with free shipping. And Jason was so upset when he found out I'd gotten a couple pins for his sister, and none for him. Who knew the 3 yo would want pins, too? So, I'd had my eye on the Cars pin set, and it was half off the $49 at $24, but then with another 25% off, I couldn't pass it up.

And I'd been thinking about getting a Coach makeup bag because I keep getting emails for the official online sale (that used to only be every 6 months, but is now weekly), and the D&B was so cute (check it out: http://www.disneystore.com/bags-totes-accessories-women-disney-sketch-wristlet-bag-by-dooney-bourke/mp/1264555/1000291+1000765/).

The Princess starter set was also a good price, $18 for a lanyard and 4 pins is really good, because it makes the pins a good trader price for any she doesn't want. I'm going to hold off on giving her the lanyard though, in case she sees one she likes better at DL.

And we normally take in meats and cheeses and juiceboxes for lunch, so we'll probably have to take a cab to a store to pick up some staples, like milk, and our lunch items. One of the pros of driving is that you can pack all these things and not go shopping in California. I'll have to ask about grocery shopping on the DL section. I don't think the Target is a Super Target or Greatland.

Hi all! I've posted a few times on here that I was a OMDD winner from January 7. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I only entered once online, so I didn't exactly read the rules thru cover to cover. Anyways, as I am reading thru these posts, I am seeing that a lot of people have said the travel dates do not start until June 2012. We chose WDW and live about an hour away, so the only arrangements to be made would be hotel reservations...well since I didn't see the fact that there was a June 2012 start date for travel, I chose on my travel questionnaire dates in April and May. I DID see on the questionnaire that it said travel needed to be COMPLETED by June 2013
When I emailed it back to Ventura, they emailed me back and said they received it and were making reservations for our trip. Should I contact him again and make sure it's really ok? I don't want to put a kink in our vacation.
Thanks so much for your input!

Hi all! I've posted a few times on here that I was a OMDD winner from January 7. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I only entered once online, so I didn't exactly read the rules thru cover to cover. Anyways, as I am reading thru these posts, I am seeing that a lot of people have said the travel dates do not start until June 2012. We chose WDW and live about an hour away, so the only arrangements to be made would be hotel reservations...well since I didn't see the fact that there was a June 2012 start date for travel, I chose on my travel questionnaire dates in April and May. I DID see on the questionnaire that it said travel needed to be COMPLETED by June 2013
When I emailed it back to Ventura, they emailed me back and said they received it and were making reservations for our trip. Should I contact him again and make sure it's really ok? I don't want to put a kink in our vacation.
Thanks so much for your input!

They'll tell you if those dates don't work, but they may also assume you read the rules and meant 2013, so double check your itinerary when they send it to you, before you approve it. Chances are, they just passed it off to Inventory without even looking at the dates, but Inventory might catch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter