• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chattanooga Shooting...4 Marines Dead

It took 5 days for the flags to be lowered to half staff on a federal level after Oklahoma City. It's not that unusual for it to take a while for a Presidential order to be issued. People are just looking for any excuse to hate on the current POTUS, and have been for years.

Last edited:
The WH telling our military not to wear their uniforms here out in public while working? Really? That is like telling our law enforcement to get back in the car and run away. It's pathetic .Why are we telling the world we will have our military hide?

No. What's pathetic is not understanding that this isn't a unique occurrence. There have been many times our military have been told not to wear their uniforms. It has happened before.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/1...s-not-to-wear-uniforms-off-base-after-threat/

I've not seen any info yet regarding that.
Don't know why, my posts are cutting off. (The rest of the sentence was) I was hoping to find something more, than a few snippets.

You are providing interesting info. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Any idea why NO one has moved to revoke this rule from the 1st Bush presidency?
It wasn't just Bush because back in the 60s military living on base had to store their privately owned weapons in an armory.

Didn't the Obama administration reissued the DOD Directive in 2011? You would think that Obama would not have reissued the DOD directive because of the Ft. Hood attacks.

Last edited:
I just read an article about how the people killed actually sacrificed themselves to help save people. Every time I think about this I just want to cry.

I just read an article about how the people killed actually sacrificed themselves to help save people. Every time I think about this I just want to cry.
This is worse, than initially reported.

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Marines and sailors risked their lives for one another in Chattanooga last week, trying to distract the gunman who assaulted a naval center, helping people scale a fence for safety and returning fire at the attacker, law enforcement officials said Wednesday.

Some of the five servicemen who were fatally wounded effectively sacrificed themselves during the assault on Thursday, diverting the gunman from a larger group of potential victims, according to a law enforcement official briefed on the investigation into the killings.

“This could have been a lot worse,” said the official, who did not want to be identified because he was not authorized to discuss the investigation. “It could have been a horrible, horrible massacre — so much worse.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/23/u...g-investigation-mohammod-abdulazeez.html?_r=0

Most of the overpasses on 24 towards at least from Nashville area to Murfreesboro area are lined with people ranging from police, fire, and just those wanting to pay respect to petty officer smith and his family on the way to Chattanooga

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter