• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Charge for Char. Meals if DD turns 3 in middle of trip ? ?

Wow, this really rubs you the wrong way for some reason. I can't understand why though.

DISNEY decides Disney policy. Disney has consistently told families that their children are treated through their whole trip as the age they are when checking in. This is Disney's policy. Why does it seem to you as though people are cheating somehow when they follow Disney's policy?

Your example is nowhere near the same thing. I know you were trying to make a point with an exageration, but a 17 year old is not starting the trip as a 2 year old. When your 17 year old was 9, if you arrived the day before her 10th birthday then you would have paid children's prices at buffets for your entire trip.

Once again, this is Disney who has made this call, not the people on this thread. There is nothing unethical about following Disney policy and being honest about it. Disney determines their own cutoff ages and how to implement them and people are simply following that. Totally legitimate, ethical and honest.

It was a joke. :dance3: My daughter is 17, I'm not really upset that she has to pay when a 3 year old doesn't. Actually, I find it absurd that Disney charges any child under 5 and that they consider "9" to be an adult...

With dining you pay as soon as they turn 3 for buffets & family style meals. They will likely be eating a decent sized portion, anyway. I would look at it as a break to not have to pay for the first part of your trip!

This is not true...if the child is 2 when you check in then they are charged as two the whole stay.This is wdw rule,not something that can really be judged or decided on here.

What does a KTTW say for a child under three? (I have never seen one) If it says "under three" then she is under three for the dates of the trip printed on the card. That is my take on it.

we celebrated ds's 3rd there in april. he was treated as 2 his entire trip. we did not pay for a ticket nor for dining. we checked in one week before his bday, but to my knowledge from dealing with disney and the boards you stay the same age you are at check in. at every restuarant we went to he was wished a happy bday- and no one ever said he'll have to pay.

What does a KTTW say for a child under three? (I have never seen one) If it says "under three" then she is under three for the dates of the trip printed on the card. That is my take on it.

They are not counted at all on the KTTW card. Our card says 2 Adults and 2 Children, even though we have 2 Adults, 2 Children and 1 Disney "Infant"

Maybe WDW handles it differently, but if your child is 3 years old when she enters the restaurant and picks up the fork, then she should be charged as a three year old. I think that this is the ethical (and right) thing to do. For example, one of your meals is two days after she turns 3, but occurs in the middle of your trip. Suppose someone else has a child that turned 3 two days before their trip began, and they had a character meal on the day they arrived? Both children would be 3 years and two days old when they entered the restaurant. Why should one pay and the other not?

Disney does handle it differently...my DD will be 3 on the 16th of this month. They know that, it is no secret. We are on the DDP and did not have to pay for our daughter...there is no way to split it like that, paying for the last half but not the 1st.

To the OP, you shouldn't have a problem. This is my 2nd trip with a kiddo turning 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter