Characters vs. Pin Traders: It's Heated War! A Pixie-Dusted Nerdventure (COMPLETE)

I hope you are all moved in and enjoying your dorm!

Yay for the drawing class! I think you both did a great job and that's awesome you won the animators drawing!! :) That would have been awesome to draw Elsa, but I can understand not wanting to wait around.

What a cool m&g with Ralph and Vanellope!! This may be a stupid question, but did you get to keep the gummy bear? What an awesome souvenir if you did!! :)

Haha, I thought the same thing about Minnie when I met her, being so short. I am 5'9" though, so a lot of people seem short to me. :)

I hope you are all moved in and enjoying your dorm!

Yup! And I start work in my school's dining hall tomorrow. I hope all goes well.

Yay for the drawing class! I think you both did a great job and that's awesome you won the animators drawing!! :) That would have been awesome to draw Elsa, but I can understand not wanting to wait around.

Thanks! Winning the animator's drawing was just icing on the cake for that awesome class. Hopefully next time I'm there I can draw Elsa. :thumbsup2

What a cool m&g with Ralph and Vanellope!! This may be a stupid question, but did you get to keep the gummy bear? What an awesome souvenir if you did!! :)

It was so much fun! And no I didn't get to keep the gummy bear. She didn't actually give me one, it was attached to the outfit, she just pretended to. It was still super cute though.

Haha, I thought the same thing about Minnie when I met her, being so short. I am 5'9" though, so a lot of people seem short to me. :)

Haha, I'm 5'9" too, well actually I think I'm 5'10" now. Still, Mickey was just SUPER tiny. I met Minnie and even she didn't feel that small to me.

Hello to all the lovely people who are still reading my TRs!

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get to this, but if you didn't already know...

I'm officially a college student!

It's been almost a week since I've been here and although there have been some really bad days where I just want to call my mom and cry into the phone over how I was never ready for this, I really like it here. It's still so awkward rooming with two other people, but they both are super chill and I'm starting to find some things in common with them so it'll work itself. The 'making new friends' situation has been iffy. I'm not the most social person and can get some really bad anxiety in certain social situations, but I try to be super friendly when I can. I have met quite a few people and they all are wicked nice so I'll hopefully find my friend's group soon enough.

Now, I have to go start all this homework I have due (and there is a TON.) Goodbye to my pretty much nonexistent social life on Sunday! But before that, an update for all you patient lovely people:

Breaking Dishes and Christina Aguilera Impersonations?! Geez Louise! ~ Part I
June 24th, 2014

Okay, so maybe we didn't really have to rush too bad to get to TSM, but Nate thought it was the end of the world if we didn't get there soon. I mean, I understand the excitement when you finally get to ride a new attraction, but this was just plain anxiety. Chill dude, we're in Disney!

Luckily, the CMs had pin lanyards galore so that distracted him. I did pin trade along this way and I think I found a FP (like REAL Fast Pass) pin around here, but I never noted it. I do know I traded it away later so it's not a big deal. I also was in photo mode once again and started taking in my surroundings with capture after capture like the pro photographer I am.

I hadn't seen the movie at this point, but if I had I'd probably would've said: 'Angelina is flawless.' The end.

We got to the Toy Story Mania FP+ entrance and had no issues with our Magic Bands on getting in. I think there was a group ahead of us that might have, but again it's fuzzy and unimportant. I think Nate might've traded with the CM at the FP+ scanner too.

Anyways, we were in!

Did I mention it had been almost four years since I'd seen any of this? Aaaaaahhhhh, I MISSED TSM SO SO MUCH! And I was so excited to see what Nate thought of it since he NEVER RODE IT BEFORE. Yes, this was going to be a ride to remember.

We flew through the line, but were held up for quite a bit at the spot where the FP+ line merges with the standby line. Before that, we saw that people had left out their trash all along the ride queue. I was so disgusted, I could not believe people just leave it in line. THERE'S A NEW INVENTION YO IT'S CALLED A TRASH CAN. Ugh, gross.

Anyways, while we waited to be let in, I took some more photos to keep myself occupied since it looked like we might be waiting awhile.

#3DSelfie

After that and being lined up for our vehicle, we were loaded on and we were off!

I was super pumped to ride this one again! I was always pretty awful at Buzz, but TSM I was decent and actually had beaten some people who always tend to beat me so needless to say I was born ready for TSM this time around! And I was determined to win and for most of the ride... I thought I was. I broke dishes, I popped balloons, I WAS ON A ROLL!

Then, this happened...

Did I mention Nate got best in vehicle too?

Yeah, we'll not dwell on this too much. And I walked out of there in shame.

We expected to be rushing for our ADR, but luckily we still had a little bit of time. Nate and I made the decision to take it a little slow and just enjoy DHS for a moment... whilst pin trading. But you probably knew that already. At least, I did.

Other than that, we took in some of the familiar sights of DHS along with some of the unfamiliar. Of course, I had to get a photo of the coolest Maleficent poster out there:

Then this lovely little hotel on the dark side of Hollywood:

We ended up back by the hat where we ended up wasting most of our time doing whatever. I think it was just a lot of back and forth pin trading and photos, but I got lots of photos sooooo here we go!

It genuinely does sadden me that that is all hidden behind the hat. Yes, I'm one of those people.

Still, all those little hat details! LOVE.

Nate and I did some quick pin trading there.

Of course, I got distracted because I saw Stitch getting into mischief.

I think something was happening between him, another character and a small group of teenage girls. It was pretty funny if I recall correctly. I think Nate and I had parked ourselves nearby to watch.

Donald made his grand entrance in his adorable Hollywood clothes. Literally, Hollywood BY FAR has the best outfits for their characters. They all look SO ca-ute.

I was considering hopping in some of the shorter lines to get photos, but I could tell Nate was really not feeling that so we continued on. He did, however, ask if we would get a photo here:

It was cute, but I'd rather wait to meet characters.

Eventually, we had gotten so far down I was able to wave to my pal, Gertie! Hello!

AAAAAAANNNNDDDD, we still had quite a bit of time before we had to get to where we needed to go, which was close by and I'm sure most know where we were headed. So we tried out another time waster: A DISNEY SHOP!

I was trying my best now to be frugal since I pretty much spent more than a quarter of my money at the Sorcerer hat shop earlier, my wallet was hurting pretty bad from that one. Instead of buying up the whole store, I took some photos of things I might want to buy. Although I didn't do a MeMom and I doubt this will be the shopping experience most of you want, here is Disney shopping Timmy style!

The 2014 pins under the Frozen pins were the ones Nate and I got and I think Nate bought the Elsa and Anna snowflake pin for our friend Rishi here (or at the hat, but I did come home bearing SOME gifts for others).

Anyways...

I am seriously regretting not buying that one, especially considering what has transpired since (unfortunately)

This one's pretty cool too. It screams 'DisNerd' BIG time!

I felt this also was perfect for me, considering my activity on twitter. :lmao:

I also had a strong contender for the obligatory year of the trip shirt I always buy for the years I'm in Disney.

After that and a transaction that involved some older CM lady doing a really bad Stitch impression (it was quite awful, but I wasn't going to tell her) and more pin trading (no surprise there), we were at about the ten minute mark for our ADR so we headed over to...

50'S PRIME TIME CAFE!

Continued Here

Breaking Dishes and Christina Aguilera Impersonations?! Geez Louise! ~ Part II
June 24th, 2014

I was REALLY excited for this ADR. Immediately after booking the BOG ADR, my mind went right to 50s. If you guys have yet to get a chance to read my first TR (which you really should: Shameless Past TR plug), we ended up picking SciFi over this one since, at the time, I wasn't into the idea of 50s. Of course, Sci Fi was the one meal that definitely lived down our expectations for it (we originally had it set that it was going to be my "birthday" there, but my sister ended up having hers there instead... Thank goodness for that!). Ever since, I've always wanted to go back and give 50s a shot, especially now that I've heard about the hysterical experiences others have had (and this frumpy one in particular), it was a no-brainer.

Before we could get to the actual meal, I had to take a quick commercial break (50s term for a stop at the loo) and 50s apparently didn't get this memo and had called us in before I got out. Of course, they were great for accommodating a badly timed bathroom break and we were brought to our table. Our waitress's name was Amanda and she was great, not crazy into it like some, but she was very sweet and she had some fun little moments which I will get into in a moment. First, a quick look at the menu:

We sadly did not get a TV table, but there was an empty one right across from us that I was enjoying watching. I don't know what this show was, but it entertained me immensely:

I Love Lucy will always be my fave though. Always.

Amanda took our drink orders and almost took our meal orders, but I still needed some time. The drinks took awhile, but I eventually got to try the famous...

PB&J MILKSHAKE!

This was actually the highlight of my meal. I didn't even think I would like it since my high school career consisted of more PB&Js than you should have in a lifetime, but this was just brilliant. I highly recommend it.

I mean, look at how happy I was after I had taken my first sip!

Nate also enjoyed his classic milkshake although it's not as obvious, but he was obviously not done sipping his when I took the picture...

The milkshakes from 50s definitely got two thumbs WAAAAYYYY way up from us. *said in your best Hades voice*

And what else? Walt Disney decided to make an appearance during this glorious occasion!

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

SLEEPING BEAUTY CASTLE, I WILL COME VISIT YOU SOON! I PROMISE!

After paying special attention to the most beautiful telecast in the history of beauty (bet you didn't see that coming), Amanda was back to take our meal orders, which I finally made a decision on. And after a few minutes of waiting, this was placed in front of me:

I got Aunt Lia's Golden Fried Chicken, which is pretty self explanatory with garlic mashed potatoes and string beans. I wasn't crazy about this, mostly because I made the mistake of thinking I would enjoy fried chicken for the first time in a century on a hot day and eat three of them when half of one fills me up pretty good. I also force fed myself the string beans, but it wasn't all bad (the fried chicken was good). I mean, the garlic mashed potatoes, some of the best I've ever had, were worth it alone, but I think I didn't make the smartest decision with that.

Nate on the other hand enjoyed his...

Meatloaf! Cousin Ann's Traditional Meat Loaf to be exact (the dish names were PER-FECT). He told me he enjoyed it and was quite close to becoming a member of the Clean Plate club (I on the other hand was VERY far away from that distinction at this meal).

It was about this time where things got... interesting and by interesting, I mean the antics. Now, we did get the whole run down about eating our greens and no elbows on the table (to which we immediately took them off). Of course, that was not before we were gifted with delicious food.

First, it began when Nate and some people from the table next to us forgot about the no elbows rule and were scolded. Then, Amanda decided to make sure we were being good little cousins and eating our greens by sticking her head through the window behind Nate's head. After, I witnessed a spoon-feeding courtesy of Amanda. This all came together in what I call:

Our Waitress Actually Thinks She Is Xtina But Is NOT, SO NOT

The little girl sitting at the table next to us with her parents was celebrating her birthday. Of course, she got a special dessert along with a rousing rendition of 'Happy Birthday'. This meant Amanda announced to the whole restaurant that this little girl was having a birthday, but that she thought it would be good to riff her way through the classic Birthday standard (*ahem* The only birthday standard), much like a certain diva mentioned in the title of this update and in a bolded title above, except badly... VERY badly. It was absolutely hysterical and definitely the highlight of the meal along with that PB&J Milkshake.

After that, we got back to the meal. As I said, I was pitiful in my consumption of lovely Disney food, but luckily I wasn't shamed for that and Nate had successfully cleaned his plate. Well, I managed to eat my greens (even though I have been and will always be that kid who does NOT like their greens) so there we go! We still had dessert to order AND eat, which was hard to do since we actually both were sufficiently full, but we ordered anyways.

I got a Root Beer float:

I didn't really get to have much of this since I was full and although Root Beer Floats give me life, they also fill my stomach in one sip, which is just what happened. It was a lovely Root Beer Float, but I could only get through a sip.

Nate had the same issue with his Apple Crisp:

We were just stuffed and ready to go. We asked Amanda for the check and then waited around a bit as she got ours and many other tables' checks sorted out. In the meantime, I eavesdropped on some DCPers who had probably just got there for the Fall Advantage sesh. It was pretty cool to hear them talk with one of the waitresses about what they were doing and how excited they were. It even looked like they had already settled in and I was just in love with their matching Minnie ears. Uggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! My DCP cannot come soon enough. Please, Disney gods, let me work for you Fall 2015. PWEASE!!!!

Amanda was right on it with charging my room for the tip and getting everything straightened away and we were out. Overall, 50s... was good, not great, but it really was just my fault. I definitely would make a return visit since it has quite the cool experience, but I think I might have to give Sci Fi a second chance before then.

Continued Here

Oh, I had to mention that Les Cages Aux Folles is actually the inspiration for the Birdcage. :goodvibes Musical first, Birdcage came after. But still see both!

Yay for being a college student! It will get better. I promise it will. Just be yourself. It's okay you're not the most social. Being yourself when ensure that you make the friends you want to make. And now I just sound like an old fart......

I too would agree that Angelina is flawless. Beasty.

Okay. It's totally okay that you were upset. And that you walked out with your head dropped in shame. But I would have too. And then broken some real dishes if I didn't get best in vehicle. And then probably broken a face. Or two. But we know that I have TSM issues. :scratching

Glad your experience at 50's was pretty good. We have hit or miss times there too, but the food is pretty good, which is the main reason we go back periodically.

Finally, some more food!:cool1:

Although I don't care for garlic mashed potatoes, prefer old fashioned plain made with cream and butter, no skin and creamy (whipped potatoes). I wouldn't eat green beans with your lips:rotfl2: but I will eat collards.
One piece of chicken (white meat only). If I had a shake that would be all I would be able to manage....

Love the merch pictures, :thumbsup2

You sound very much like me. I had lots of friends but they always made the first move. I was painfully shy for much of my life, I preferred my own company to that of a bevy of friends. If you don't think you'll have regrets (like you expressed after HS) then just take things at your own pace and do what you're comfortable with. Do remember though, once you're out of school it's difficult to make friends in the sometimes cutthroat world of business.
I truly hope you get into the DCP, my one big regret was not going to work at Disneyland after college when I had the opportunity (no DCP in the olden days):lmao:

(By the way, the TV show you saw was "The Real McCoys" which ran from the late 50's through early 60's)

Oh, I had to mention that Les Cages Aux Folles is actually the inspiration for the Birdcage. :goodvibes Musical first, Birdcage came after. But still see both!

Haha, I thought it was the other way around too. I will definitely be seeing both eventually. :thumbsup2

Yay for being a college student! It will get better. I promise it will. Just be yourself. It's okay you're not the most social. Being yourself when ensure that you make the friends you want to make. And now I just sound like an old fart......

Thanks Danielle! That's what I tell myself all the time. It just takes me awhile to open up sometimes. I can be myself just not the whole package.

I too would agree that Angelina is flawless. Beasty.

Curious little beasty... :goodvibes

Okay. It's totally okay that you were upset. And that you walked out with your head dropped in shame. But I would have too. And then broken some real dishes if I didn't get best in vehicle. And then probably broken a face. Or two. But we know that I have TSM issues. :scratching

:rotfl2: Oh okay lol Ummmm, I just got over it after the fact. If I was more invested in my one and only ride on TSM, probably would've done the same thing though. :)

Glad your experience at 50's was pretty good. We have hit or miss times there too, but the food is pretty good, which is the main reason we go back periodically.

I feel like that's with everyone. I think ours was a hit even though she wasn't crazy crazy like a lot of the cousins, but I don't think Nate would've been into it. If I go with a bigger group, I'd hope for someone more out there since usually that's when stuff goes down when everyone's distracted ::yes::

Finally, some more food!:cool1:

Although I don't care for garlic mashed potatoes, prefer old fashioned plain made with cream and butter, no skin and creamy (whipped potatoes). I wouldn't eat green beans with your lips:rotfl2: but I will eat collards.
One piece of chicken (white meat only). If I had a shake that would be all I would be able to manage....

YEAH!

Haha, I'm the opposite. Unless there's gravy or some imbedded flavoring involved, I refuse to eat potatoes (I do enjoy a good baked potato though). And you would not like these green beans then. OMG, that's literally how I felt eating it. After I got rid of the sides, it was barely one piece of chicken then finishing the shake (which wasn't too hard... SOOOOO GOOD). I think we both need to whip up bigger appetites lol

Love the merch pictures, :thumbsup2

Thanks Tink! Gotta love that merch!

You sound very much like me. I had lots of friends but they always made the first move. I was painfully shy for much of my life, I preferred my own company to that of a bevy of friends. If you don't think you'll have regrets (like you expressed after HS) then just take things at your own pace and do what you're comfortable with. Do remember though, once you're out of school it's difficult to make friends in the sometimes cutthroat world of business.

Yeah, that's why I really want to try, but at the same time it's how I am. Alone time for me is sometimes more precious than making friends. I have a strong group of friends that I know on a level I'm not sure I'll reach again in these four years so in some ways I'm kinda refusing to make new friends since I like the ones I have. There are some really awesome kids here so hopefully something will quick and I no longer have to send the texts. I don't want to walk out of college without making at least one new friend though, if that happened, that would be my biggest regret.

I truly hope you get into the DCP, my one big regret was not going to work at Disneyland after college when I had the opportunity (no DCP in the olden days):lmao:

(By the way, the TV show you saw was "The Real McCoys" which ran from the late 50's through early 60's)

Thanks Tink! I'm trying not to think about it too much now. Still so many months to go :upsidedow

Oh yeah! I remember it said that on the screen, totally forgot. Thanks Tink!

I just got caught up and I am subbing! :cool1:

Your writing is excellent and I really enjoy your perspective. My wife, daughter, niece, and I are planning a trip for December 2015. Maybe if you make Fall Advantage 2015 for the DCP, we'll run into you!

Looking forward to the rest of your awesome TR! :thumbsup2

I just got caught up and I am subbing! :cool1:

Your writing is excellent and I really enjoy your perspective. My wife, daughter, niece, and I are planning a trip for December 2015. Maybe if you make Fall Advantage 2015 for the DCP, we'll run into you!

Looking forward to the rest of your awesome TR! :thumbsup2

YAY! :welcome:

Thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it. And yeah, that would be awesome. February cannot get here fast enough so I can start filling out those applications. :)

I'll update as soon as I can. For now, have a magical day! :mickeyjum

YEAH college. Take it all in and enjoy it. So understand the getting used to living in a room with others, but it will get normal sooner or later and hopefully you are making new friends all the time

Love the 50 Prime time review...never eaten there but it is so on my list.

YEAH college. Take it all in and enjoy it. So understand the getting used to living in a room with others, but it will get normal sooner or later and hopefully you are making new friends all the time

Love the 50 Prime time review...never eaten there but it is so on my list.

It's actually gotten a ton better since I posted that update. I've met so many lovely and amazing people. So far, much better than most of my high school career.

I do recommend it. And I'd try to go with a big group since usually they give you the funnier waiters/waitresses in bigger groups. ::yes::

Hey Timmy, weren't those collard greens with your chicken dinner?

I see from your Twitter that you're still eating the ice cream! YUM:thumbsup2

Hey Timmy, weren't those collard greens with your chicken dinner?

I see from your Twitter that you're still eating the ice cream! YUM:thumbsup2

Umm yeah, maybe. I don't remember lol

YEEESSSS It's literally a new staple in my daily diet. I actually feel sick if I don't have 3 ice cream cones in a day, no joke.

I am a little behind and just caught up. Wonderful pictures. I love all of the merch. Of course I try to collect all things Frozen, and love that snowflake pin. I was able to get it from someone that had bought some extras.

Your food at 50s looks great! :) Too funny about the Christina-wanna-be.

I've really enjoyed your TR so far. I know you are so busy with school so I'll patient await the next installment.

From many other TR's that I've read here, it is so nice to read one that is so positive and friendly. I'm going with DH and DS in a few months for the first time, and while our demographic is really different, I've learned so much from your report. Thank you!

I am a little behind and just caught up. Wonderful pictures. I love all of the merch. Of course I try to collect all things Frozen, and love that snowflake pin. I was able to get it from someone that had bought some extras.

Your food at 50s looks great! :) Too funny about the Christina-wanna-be.

Disney merch is everything and I so wish I had gotten the snowflake pin when I had the chance. Oh well, I did end up getting something better. :teeth:

OMG, it was the highlight of the meal! Nate and I were dying, or at least I was.

I've really enjoyed your TR so far. I know you are so busy with school so I'll patient await the next installment.

From many other TR's that I've read here, it is so nice to read one that is so positive and friendly. I'm going with DH and DS in a few months for the first time, and while our demographic is really different, I've learned so much from your report. Thank you!

YAY! :welcome: I'm glad you're enjoying it and thank you so much for your patience! :)

Awww, I'm so glad. I try to be as cheerful as I can even when the inevitable does happen. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip and I'm so happy you're getting a lot out of my ramblings! Hope the rest of this report is also as informative. :thumbsup2

Hello my lovely, gorgeous, fabulous readers that are still here!

I'm sorry about the delay in update. I told you I was going to get busy! Well, I hope a near two week wait hasn't deterred you entirely from following my report. I do love reading your comments immensely so please stick around. The magic must be shared!

Now, since I kinda wrote a real life update that was less than stellar I would like to let you know that things have changed for the better. I mean, this morning was a rough start. I slept through my alarm and missed my Microeconomics class (A+ student right here). Luckily, my professor was very understanding and I'm going to be making up the lecture notes I missed tonight. But wait, there's more! Soon after, I got an email saying that the water has been turned off in my dorm because of a water main break so I have yet to take a shower today which sucks and I feel really gross. Yeah, not a great start to my day, but I just got back from fulfilling my daily ice cream quota and I got my new debit card so today wasn't a total loss.

Aside from that, I literally am in love with my school. Although I haven't made a ginormous amount of friends, I have met some amazing people here. Everyone is literally so so nice and it kills me I haven't been more outgoing or friendly earlier on. I guess I'm still struggling to adjust to this new crowd since I'm not used to being around people who think my love for Disney and Theater is like the greatest thing ever. I have yet to leave campus though, which is unfortunate, but I'm planning with one of my new friends to go see Newsies when it opens for the tour in a nearby town so I'm super stoked for that (tickets are actually pretty cheap).

Overall, everything seems to be looking up. Schoolwork has been insane. The reading I have to do is sometimes just beyond ridiculous, but I'll get through it thanks to all this amazing positivity. Everything happens for a reason, people, it is so true. To those who, like me a few weeks ago, were going through a rough time whether it be a transition period or dealing with some personal matters or whatever that there actually is a light at the end of the tunnel. You've just got to push through and you'll make it there.

I hope you all have a magical rest of your day today and here is a nice little update for y'all!

ALL THE MAGIC: Cowboys and Chipmunk Approval! ~ Part I
June 24th, 2014

We come to another point in my trip report where things got fuzzy again. I think we made our way back to the hat again. Nate and I discussed our plans whilst I got some pretty pictures:

By the time we made it in front of the hat, Nate said he wanted to go on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, while I... just wasn't feeling that attraction. I was hoping to sum up the courage to ride that one this trip, but at this moment, I really wasn't ready to go from 0 to 60 in 3 seconds. So we split up! Nate headed off down Sunset Boulevard while I headed for The Great Movie Ride since... it was about time!

The Hollywood Rockers might've come out when I walked around the hat to get to the Great Movie Ride, but it's kinda iffy. We did see them at some point though.

On to a spectacular journey through the movies!

I was taken aback a little when I actually ended up in quite the line for this ride. Every time before I've ridden this as basically a walk-on, but today... I was in the outside queue. Yeah, I kid you not. THE OUTSIDE QUEUE! But I wasn't going to let that get me down and take this as an opportunity for some unique photo ops that I usually don't have the chance to take advantage of.

Then, after dealing with some crazy heat, even in the shade and with fans, I ended up in the inside queue except I hadn't seen this part of it either so... MORE PHOTOS!

#chandycandyoverload

I never even realized how incredibly detailed until about this time how incredibly detailed this queue actually is. It was awesome! Once again, longer-than-usual wait becomes a blessing in disguise.

I also finally got to check out and take in all the new displays at GMR:

Okay, okay, I only took a photo of Scarlett's dress, but really I was a bit disappointed in all the new movie artifacts they brought in besides that gorgeous replica. Seeing Mary Poppins' Carousel horse was always a huge highlight for me by going on this ride AND Hollywood Studios so it greatly disappointed me that it was not there. Also, nothing in that room even came close to the flawlessness that was Gwyneth Paltrow's Shakespeare In Love gown (you think King Kong and Who Framed Roger Rabbit? could compete with that? Nuh-uh.) I really wish they could've gone with some more significant artifacts or even more significant films (or just have kept that dang horse!)

Anyways, I was held up for quite a few minutes in the screen room and got to appreciate every film represented, freaking out especially when they showed previews for Casablanca, Singin' in the Rain, Raiders of the Lost Ark and, of course, Mary Poppins! I'm such a movie geek it seems lol

The rest of the wait was pretty uneventful. I didn't make friends in line or anything like that as is evident by my inability to even muster a nice 'Hello' to a fellow DISer. I enjoyed the many movie clips, sometimes to the point of causing a traffic jam and kept on moving my way down until we got to the area where they cut the line off to separate those who are going to be loaded and those who aren't.

I realized then how totally awesome it was I had a long wait. Every time I'd been to Disney, it was always at more quiet times of the year so when I rode GMR, I was always guaranteed to get the Gangster scene. Always. Like so very many of us unfortunate DISers, but I heard through the grape vine, more often than not, the Cowboy scene is much more regular with bigger crowds much like today. I got really happy and just thought to myself, 'Please please PLEASE let me have the Cowboy scene' over and over again, much like young Tiana praying to Evangeline.

When we got put in our spots on the loading dock, I was put into one of the last rows on the first vehicle. This was a good sign since I heard usually if two vehicles are running, the front gets the Cowboy scene while the back gets the Gangster scene to split things up. I didn't look into that too much so I just hoped I might be right and off we went!

Ready when you are CB...

Continued Here

ALL THE MAGIC: Cowboys and Chipmunk Approval! ~ Part II
June 24th, 2014

Although I had the Cowboy scene need on the mind, I still was able to enjoy this ride I had missed so much. Unfortunately our Movie Ride hostess was very quiet and being so far back I could barely hear her, but good thing I rode it so much on past trips and know so much about movies I didn't care to hear what they said that is...

Until we got to the Gangster scene.

It was agonizing during that scene since the carts move so slowly. When we came around the corner, I looked very closely at the house where 'Bugsy' usually comes out to see if he was peeking around. I didn't see anyone...

OMG

Moved closer...

Still wasn't seeing anyone...

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

We're right next to it...

And we're not stopping...

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

WE'RE NOT STOPPINGGGGG...

NOW WE'RE IN THE COWBOY SCENE...

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it finally happened...

*SPOILERS BELOW*

I GOT THE COWBOY SCENE!!!!!

I was visibly freaking out right now and I'm pretty sure the girl next to me moved down like five meet because I was so excited. DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND SISTA?! IT'S THE COWBOY SCENE!!! THIS NEVER HAPPENS!!!! YOU SHOULD BE FREAKING OUT!!!!! IN FACT, WE SHOULD ALL BE FREAKING OUT!!!!! WHY ISN'T EVERYONE FREAKING OOOOOOOOUUUUUUUTTTTT?!?!

I do not kid you that was my thought process. Truth.

I had trouble hearing what was going on, but it basically just goes from the whole quick 'stealing from a bank' blip they usually have there. It was kind of lame and not as intense as the Gangster scene in my opinion. I also felt both our hostess and the bandit were very lackluster in their approach to what happens during this scene. Probably because they don't do it as often, but it was a bit of a downer.

Even though I was still on the edge of my seat, the Cowboy scene went from the ultimate triumph to a check on my bucket list. I'll stick with 'ole reliable Bugsy and friends next time I ride.

After the Cowboy scene was over, we continued on as per the norm, he got fried by the curse and so on and so forth. I freaked out at everything because... movie geek. The movie happened, I almost cried (probably would've cried more if I knew about Robin) and life went on.

Oh, but I got a photo of Dorothy and the gang!

"Oh look at it, the Emerald city!"

Ahhhh, this ride gets me so much.

After I got off, thoroughly re-energized by my love of movies and Disney magic, I headed to the hat. I hadn't gotten any texts from Nate about being out from RnRC (I think my phone might have been charging off the portable charger at this point soooo... I don't think I got the chance to check much either) so I went to see if he was there. After walking around a few times, I concluded that he was still waiting or was on the ride. To spend my time waiting efficiently, I decided to go head back to the Great Movie Ride area and relish in those little details since I was on such a movie high.

First, I found myself in awe of the Mary Poppins premiere memorabilia display...

Then, I went to look around at all the hand prints in the Great Movie Ride courtyard. It has kinda become a tradition of mine to take photos of these when I have the time:

I think about when I was taking the photo of Sissy Spacek's handprints or when I was thinking about getting a photo of Robin William's handprints (but didn't... sadly), some large figure almost ran right into me. I would've probably been mad, but... it was my boy, Goofy!

I guess he was going in after a set (or so I thought) so I moved along and tried to find another good handprint and probably found Robin's when... Stitch showed up followed by Pluto, Chip, Dale and... INSANITY!

Okay so I guess these characters weren't ALL going in after a set, they were just having some M&Gs out in this random location with no organization or lines. I had only met one of these characters so far this trip so immediately I went right into character greeting mode. I didn't have Nate with me to take photos so I decided it was time to try out that new craze going around: The Character Selfie!

I was hoping to start this with my boy Pluto, but he was a bit mobbed by some small children who probably didn't even understand how incredible it was that they were meeting THE Pluto. Not my problem.

Chip was getting no love so I went over to him and gave him a big hug. It took him by surprised, but I knew he was happy to see me. I asked him to take a selfie, which he was only too happy about. We leaned in, I held out the camera in front of me and... BAM!

I thanked him and went on my merry little way. Stitch was getting no love so I originally headed towards him, when he was attacked by another mob. Dale was all alone and trying to figure out what to do with his character attendant. I knew right then, if I got a selfie with his brother, I had to get a selfie with him so I walked his way and he walked away. Luckily, he had the best character attendant EVER who saw me heading his way and asked so excitedly, "Did you want to meet Dale?"

I, of course, answered, "Yeah!"

She replied, "Alright!" Then she called for Dale.

Before he made his way over, she saw me holding my camera and asked like any normal person one, "Do you want me to take a picture for you?"

While that would've been much easier than a selfie with a nice camera, I said, "I actually wanted to take a selfie."

This actually really got her attention, "Oh yeah! Dale LOVES selfies!"

SCORE!

He eventually made his way over. His attendant told him about the selfie and he immediately got ready. I went with my usual selfie face with this one and Dale was all in on that, resulting in the most adorable selfie... EVER:

Looking at it quickly, I almost thought I had cut him out since he was so far over in the frame, but luckily it was actually pretty decent. I even double checked with Dale and he gave me the thumbs up so that was all the approval I needed. I then thanked him and inadvertently called him, 'Chip!' I caught myself in the nick of time, but Dale's pretty laid-back about being called his brother's name so it was all good. I'm still on good terms with my Chippys.

Now, the area was pretty crazy, people were everywhere trying to get pictures and hugs. It was DEFINITELY character insanity in the Great Movie Ride courtyard.

Stitch was probably the one who attracted the most so I avoided him and hung around Pluto for a bit. He had somewhat of a line going for him, but I was poised and ready to swoop in on him at any chance I got. There were lots of little kids coming up to him so I tried to be as careful as I possibly could. Unfortunately, this resulted in me just standing there, camera ready and everything for like fifteen minutes with no photo. It was awful and eventually, I had to make the decision to leave because that photo was not going to happen.

It was so hard since I HAD to meet Pluto again this trip and I just missed out on a great opportunity, but really there was no way I was going to meet him since I literally walked in front of him and his character attendant like twenty times. STILL, neither paid me ANY mind. Like, I want a photo and hug too! I'm not with any of them, it's just me, myself and I and I WANT TO MEET MY BOY PLUTO!

Ugh. Thank goodness this was only the first full day of my trip.

At the same time, I still was now in position of two CHIPPY SELFIES! They were so perfect and that's more than I could've asked for. I was starting to feel the after effects of all this magic so I decided to find some escape from the Florida sun and thought it only right to go pay my respects to the man without whom I would've never have experienced what just happened.

Continued Here

LOL we are on the same updating schedule. College life just gets so busy!!! I'm glad to hear things are going well (besides oversleeping today, which I will say happens to literally everyone at some point so don't stress too much!) and that you're enjoying lots of ice cream :goodvibes

If you're dragging me on Dinosaur, I'm dragging you on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. It is SOOOOOO much fun. Seriously my favorite after Splash Mountain.

YAYAYAY COWBOY SCENE!!!! Even though you didn't like it, it's cool to just say you got it :thumbsup2

That selfie with Dale is literally the cutest!!!

so glad to hear college things are going well! and yes yes yes go see Newsies OMG I'm trying to go see it when it comes to Orlando in January because it's my FAVORITE SHOW EVER definitely go see it if you can :goodvibes

OMG I'M SO JEALOUS I've NEVER gotten the cowboy! probably because I don't go near the parks when they're busy BUT STILL. someday I'll get it!

love those handprints in front of GMR so much! and omg the Dale selfie is so cute hahaha. those pop up sets are always super hectic because I don't wanna like, butt in front of a little kid waiting...but I want my character pics, dang it haha. glad you still got some good selfies though :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter