Character sightings

SharkyGoddess

Happier than a shark at a sushi bar.
I tried searching, and couldn't find a post, so I'm sure I'm asking a million times over question :)

Would you all please share where characters are found?
If this is a pinned thread, or even just a regular thread somewhere, just linking me to that would be great too!

Thank ya!

I am NOT leaving this time until I get a pic with Daisy and one of my son with Pluto. Last time we waited in line and as soon as we got to the front Daisy left. I asked for just one more minute and the CM said no. I have been trying for 4 years and this time is the one! She was in MGM near the Mickey hat. I will be looking!

I'll move you over to the Disney Tips Board - I have a feeling there will be some more great Character spotting info there:goodvibes

If all else fails, we do really well at the Judge's Tent at ToonTown in the MK:)

HTH!!

:sunny:

I'll move you over to the Disney Tips Board - I have a feeling there will be some more great Character spotting info there:goodvibes

If all else fails, we do really well at the Judge's Tent at ToonTown in the MK:)

HTH!!

:sunny:

Thank you very much! Where I get tips :)

Your Welcome....I just stumbled on that site one day and book marked it.

Hope it works and have FUN at DW!!!!

If there is a chacter you definately want to see without waiting in line you could spring for a character meal.

Another option is now in ECPOT in the back of Innoventions West (?) they have character meets. there is one line for 4 different characters. For instance one line, first meet Minnie, then meet Daisy, next meet Goofy and the Chip and Dale. They are all dress for YOMD, not their regular costumes though.

Thank you so much! That link is actually VERY informative!

I'm so excited I could bust LOL

THANKS GUYS!! That's my family's site! :cloud9: I DO admit I haven't been able to work on it as much as I want to :blush: and some character pages direly need updating! But it should serve OK as a rough guide of which characters probably are "findable" and which are beyond hopeless! Other DISers here help me update it. :)

Hope you find some awesome characters on your trip!! My next trip is September - still too long to wait! :faint:

One surprise location we stumbled upon characters last Sept., in Epcot was in WS between Morocco and Japan. We found Rabbit, Mr. Smee, Mr. Penguin, Chip (or Dale-have to check pix, noses you know!), and Pluto, who was just leaving. It was a surprise to us but, apparently, it's even shown on the map with a character icon.

THANKS guys - That's my family's site! :cloud9: I DO admit I haven't been able to work on it as much as I want to :blush: and some character pages direly need updating! But it should serve OK as a rough guide of which characters probably are "findable" and which are beyond hopeless! Other DISers here help me update it. :)

Hope you find some awesome characters on your trip!! My next trip is September - still too long to wait! :faint:

Well you did a great job on your site!

Our trip is in October, a long, yet not so long wait! Soooooo much planning to do!!!! EEK!

If there is a chacter you definately want to see without waiting in line you could spring for a character meal.

Another option is now in ECPOT in the back of Innoventions West (?) they have character meets. there is one line for 4 different characters. For instance one line, first meet Minnie, then meet Daisy, next meet Goofy and the Chip and Dale. They are all dress for YOMD, not their regular costumes though.

We did for the youngest, we made an ADR for him to have breakfast with Little Einsteins :)

One surprise location we stumbled upon characters last Sept., in Epcot was in WS between Morocco and Japan. We found Rabbit, Mr. Smee, Mr. Penguin, Chip (or Dale-have to check pix, noses you know!), and Pluto, who was just leaving. It was a surprise to us but, apparently, it's even shown on the map with a character icon.

Awesome!! My guess is that you found the character "training" spot - they been known to meet in the American Adventure area at Epcot, though they could be nearby in another country! When this location is being used, groups of random characters meet here (they are often castmembers in training). But the character appearances are very sporatic and unpredictable! So it takes some luck and timing to find them! Rabbit is a rare character to meet - cherish that photo! :)

THANKS guys - That's my family's site! :cloud9: I DO admit I haven't been able to work on it as much as I want to :blush: and some character pages direly need updating! But it should serve OK as a rough guide of which characters probably are "findable" and which are beyond hopeless! Other DISers here help me update it. :)

HugsForEyeorel - Your site is wonderful and I have looked at it several times. We are going in October and I am keeping my fingers crossed that Darth Vador makes an appearance. My DS7 is dressing up as a Jedi.

HugsForEyeorel - Your site is wonderful and I have looked at it several times. We are going in October and I am keeping my fingers crossed that Darth Vador makes an appearance. My DS7 is dressing up as a Jedi.

Thanks!! I don't know where I ever got the time to write it up!! :faint: And it's a great excuse to return to Disney over and over to update it! :teeth:

People still been reporting seeing Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper or two near the Star Tours ride. They don't seem to be everyday, but they do get out sometimes! We saw them around 11:00 am in the morning, and we lined up to see them before they even came out! But soooo worth it - they are fun!! :teeth:

Hope you meet Lord Vader!! :darth: Remember to bow to him! :worship:

Thanks!! I don't know where I ever got the time to write it up!! :faint: And it's a great excuse to return to Disney over and over to update it! :teeth:

People still been reporting seeing Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper or two near the Star Tours ride. They don't seem to be everyday, but they do get out sometimes! We saw them around 11:00 am in the morning, and we lined up to see them before they even came out! But soooo worth it - they are fun!! :teeth:

Hope you meet Lord Vader!! :darth: Remember to bow to him! :worship:

THANKS for the information. I am so excited I can't wait till Disney.

I am NOT leaving this time until I get a pic with Daisy and one of my son with Pluto. Last time we waited in line and as soon as we got to the front Daisy left. I asked for just one more minute and the CM said no. I have been trying for 4 years and this time is the one! She was in MGM near the Mickey hat. I will be looking!

The Hat is a tricky place to get characters, because they are not out very long. Also (they are not doing this at the moment, because of the HSM show) they used to change with different characters. For example, Mickey would be out and then he would switch with Pluto. At the time being, Daisy is meeting with Donald. And all the Hat characters are only out for the morning. However, Daisy can also be found in Town Square sometimes (but again, just for the morning).

Not anymore. The characters are back to regular outfits at the Character Spot. And the characters usually there are: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale. Anyone else there is random.

Awesome!! My guess is that you found the character "training" spot - they been known to meet in the American Adventure area at Epcot, though they could be nearby in another country! When this location is being used, groups of random characters meet here (they are often castmembers in training). But the character appearances are very sporatic and unpredictable! So it takes some luck and timing to find them! Rabbit is a rare character to meet - cherish that photo! :)

Those types of meets are really random. In all my trips, I've really only ran into one at Toontown near the Railroad Station and that was more that 3 years ago! Is there any trick to them finding them? I know they're sporatic, but if they're happening, will they be more likely to be at a certain time of day? I look for them every trip, but either they never do them when I'm there (which is very possible) or I miss them.

Those types of meets are really random. In all my trips, I've really only ran into one at Toontown near the Railroad Station and that was more that 3 years ago! Is there any trick to them finding them? I know they're sporatic, but if they're happening, will they be more likely to be at a certain time of day? I look for them every trip, but either they never do them when I'm there (which is very possible) or I miss them.

No, there is no trick unfortunately. They are extremely random. So there is no way to know whick parks they will be at.

Both days we went to Blizzard Beach Goofy was there about 12:30pm.

Figment just happened to walk outside Figment's house as we were passing by.

Chip and Dale, and Mikko (the raccoon) were just inside the World Showcase gate by the store there one afternoon.

The CM that stands with the character just past the entrance to MK told us that the characters are out for 20 minutes then change, we were there at change time but he told us to stay and they would be right back. This worked well and happened in less than 4 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter