Character Performer Auditions

Wow, things sure are looking up! I love Peter Pan if you can't tell, and I would love to be friends with him! Pluto is fabulous too. I think there are a few characters in the 5'4 - 5'5 range such as Terrence, Peter Pan, the Princes and a good lot of Fur characters. Where do you find the list of height requirements?

Also, are the Entertainment City Auditions divided up into Dancers and Face Characters or do they do everything all together? I'm still hoping to do it on the CP and haven't ever heard of a face character CP... nothing is impossible!

Last, what are the physical requirements? I can lift 200lbs and run 7 miles if that means anything... I'm in pretty good shape, I just need to work on it some more. ;)

The princes are taller then that. They usually fall around 5'10, in that area.

As for the audition, you are auditioning for fur. They may still pull people for face at the auditions (but I heard that is now done in Disney). Also, anything show/parade related is another audition, once in entertainment

The princes are taller then that. They usually fall around 5'10, in that area.

As for the audition, you are auditioning for fur. They may still pull people for face at the auditions (but I heard that is now done in Disney). Also, anything show/parade related is another audition, once in entertainment
So if I was planning on attending the Entertainment City Tour Auditions to try for an Entertainment CP position would just be for Fur Characters, correct?

Also, are there some good resources to look at? I'm interested in what the auditions are composed of, mainly because I'm not a big dancer.

Thanks, and Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

I've always wanted to audition but could never make it down to WDW but since there is a audition near me i am going. I'm going to the Columbus, OH audition on March 17. Is anyone else going to be there?
I am under 5' so i am hoping i have a good chance, but i am also not a "small" person my weight is around 135 lbs. Does that hurt my chances?

If anyone could answer that question i would appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Also if your going to be there please say hi i will have a lime green mickey on my bag.

I have a few more questions, or hope that someone can point me in the right direction...

1. How are the auditions structured and the length?

2. What type of dress clothing is suitable for auditions?

3. Where can I find a list of approximate face and fur character heights?

4. Is there anything I can prepare beforehand? I understand that they do not want face shots or resumes, but it doesn't mention SS# or the like.

5. Will auditions affect my standing with Disney and the College Program? My first three choices were Attractions, Merchandise, and Hopper.

Last but not least, where can I confirm the audition dates and times to see if they match up with the Disney Programs Blog? Nevermind on this one, just found the Audition Calendar on the Disney Auditions site.

Also I found out that the “character performer” position consists of fur characters, character look-alikes, and parade performers. There are not separate auditions for each of category of character performer.

Does that hurt my chances?
They mainly base it off of your "Disney Height" and is the main considering factor for choices. Don't be deterred by anything and just give it a try! You don't know unless you try. ;)

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

I have a few more questions, or hope that someone can point me in the right direction...

1. How are the auditions structured and the length?

2. What type of dress clothing is suitable for auditions?

3. Where can I find a list of approximate face and fur character heights?

4. Is there anything I can prepare beforehand? I understand that they do not want face shots or resumes, but it doesn't mention SS# or the like.

5. Will auditions affect my standing with Disney and the College Program? My first three choices were Attractions, Merchandise, and Hopper.

1: the auditions consist of an animation sequence(think over exaggerated charades ha ha), I beleive they have you do two different sequences. They also will teach you a dance, which starts off easy then gets a bit harder. That part is to see if they can put you in parades and shows possibly. When I did my extension audition down in Florida, they first had us do a easy across the floor routine that consisted of skips, grapevines and other simple dance steps. It didn't matter if you did it perfectly, but they used it to see your personality during it. Then they made a cut, and after that we did the animation and dance sequence. They don't always do the cut like they did at my audition, but there was a lot of people at the audition.
Also the auditions can last at least 4 hours, sometimes can be shorter, but also can be a lot longer.
2: wear clothes that are comfortable and easy to move around in. Sweat pants or gymn shorts and a tshirt are fine with comfortable sneakers, you don't need to be in dance clothes or wearing dance shoes.
3: there is a thread in here that has the approximate character heights, but I don't know which page it is on. You can also google it and get an approximate one as well. Either way it'll probably be a few years old. Also, if you're looking more for the face character heights, the Disney auditions site usually lists the heights they are looking for for the face auditions.
4: I don't remember you needing to have your social with you, but if you have it memorized it wouldn't hurt. Just bring yourself and a smile :) and maybe a pen incase they don't have a lot so you don't have to wait for one. Also maybe a book or something to do if you have to wait at all.
5: I think the only thing the auditions would do is improve your chances of getting into the program, even though it is a competitive role. It'll help because it's another role possibility for you. :thumbsup2

I hope that helped! I'm definitely not an expert! Ha ha

1: the auditions consist of an animation sequence(think over exaggerated charades ha ha), I beleive they have you do two different sequences. They also will teach you a dance, which starts off easy then gets a bit harder. That part is to see if they can put you in parades and shows possibly. When I did my extension audition down in Florida, they first had us do a easy across the floor routine that consisted of skips, grapevines and other simple dance steps. It didn't matter if you did it perfectly, but they used it to see your personality during it. Then they made a cut, and after that we did the animation and dance sequence. They don't always do the cut like they did at my audition, but there was a lot of people at the audition.
Also the auditions can last at least 4 hours, sometimes can be shorter, but also can be a lot longer.
2: wear clothes that are comfortable and easy to move around in. Sweat pants or gymn shorts and a tshirt are fine with comfortable sneakers, you don't need to be in dance clothes or wearing dance shoes.
3: there is a thread in here that has the approximate character heights, but I don't know which page it is on. You can also google it and get an approximate one as well. Either way it'll probably be a few years old. Also, if you're looking more for the face character heights, the Disney auditions site usually lists the heights they are looking for for the face auditions.
4: I don't remember you needing to have your social with you, but if you have it memorized it wouldn't hurt. Just bring yourself and a smile :) and maybe a pen incase they don't have a lot so you don't have to wait for one. Also maybe a book or something to do if you have to wait at all.
5: I think the only thing the auditions would do is improve your chances of getting into the program, even though it is a competitive role. It'll help because it's another role possibility for you. :thumbsup2

I hope that helped! I'm definitely not an expert! Ha ha
Exactly the answer I was looking for!

1. I'm great with charades since we do them in theatre all the time, and I usually go over the top. I will probably kick it up a notch... or two or three. Just practiced a few dance moves, and they remind me of the drills in Lacrosse. Definitely fun stuff!

2. Probably a plain t-shirt, basketball shorts, and tennis shoes. Any restrictions on logos or anything?

3. I will look them up, definitely. I know they are looking for Terrence, which is my height and DCL males in the same height as well. Looks hopeful!

4. I will definitely bring a pen, and probably stretch while I am waiting.

Any tips that you may have? I notice smiling and being over-enthusiastic has been emphasized.

Thank you so much for the help, and Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

Exactly the answer I was looking for!

1. I'm great with charades since we do them in theatre all the time, and I usually go over the top. I will probably kick it up a notch... or two or three. Just practiced a few dance moves, and they remind me of the drills in Lacrosse. Definitely fun stuff!

2. Probably a plain t-shirt, basketball shorts, and tennis shoes. Any restrictions on logos or anything?

3. I will look them up, definitely. I know they are looking for Terrence, which is my height and DCL males in the same height as well. Looks hopeful!

4. I will definitely bring a pen, and probably stretch while I am waiting.

Any tips that you may have? I notice smiling and being over-enthusiastic has been emphasized.

Thank you so much for the help, and Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

Logos should be fine as long as there isn't anything offensive ha ha. And mabe bring a water bottle just in case? It looks like you're very prepared and I am glad you mentioned stretching as I need to do that beforehand too!

When is your audition date and what city? Mines salt lake city and on march 26th and I am so excited! It's two days after my husbands birthday so I'm hoping it'll bring us luck ha ha. If I'm believe right my audition date is the last one before the Orlando ones so I'm hoping that will help them remember my husband and I :) good luck to you though!!! I'm sure you'll do great!!!

Logos should be fine as long as there isn't anything offensive ha ha. And mabe bring a water bottle just in case? It looks like you're very prepared and I am glad you mentioned stretching as I need to do that beforehand too!

When is your audition date and what city? Mines salt lake city and on march 26th and I am so excited! It's two days after my husbands birthday so I'm hoping it'll bring us luck ha ha. If I'm believe right my audition date is the last one before the Orlando ones so I'm hoping that will help them remember my husband and I :) good luck to you though!!! I'm sure you'll do great!!!
Cool! I will definitely be bringing a bag with a few things. Always be prepared!

I will DM you my audition date and city. March 26th will be here sooner than you know it. I do hope you hear back before then concerning your CP.

Break a leg and smile like there is no tomorrow! You two shall do fabulous!

as I've been sitting here thinking about my auditions at the end of the month, I was wondering if anyone knows approximately how many character performers they accept for the cp? I know it's competitive, but I'm wondering just how competitive it is.

I can't remember the exact number of people but at my audition they said only 5% of people who audition will actually get to be character performers for the CP.

I can't remember the exact number of people but at my audition they said only 5% of people who audition will actually get to be character performers for the CP.

Yikes! That's not many at all!!!

For all of the people who try out at these auditions 5% seems like apretty good acceptance percentage!

For all of the people who try out at these auditions 5% seems like apretty good acceptance percentage!

%5 is not bad at all, you figure 80% of the people don't have much of a chance similar to American Idol... haha

-KD

Yikes! That's not many at all!!!
In perspective, it is actually a good lot. I'm not going to break it down, but keep in mind there are 14 stops for the Entertainment City Tour Auditions. To make it fair, they would pull about the top 8% from each audition.

The reason why they wait for all auditions to be completed is to give the later auditioning groups a chance at the 8% or possibly more. It would mean about 8 people out of every 100 would be placed in an Entertainment position.

Also, I read 5% from lperc's CP blog which sounds about right. They are a bit stricter for the Orlando auditions though due to several reasons. ;)

In perspective, it is actually a good lot. I'm not going to break it down, but keep in mind there are 14 stops for the Entertainment City Tour Auditions. To make it fair, they would pull about the top 8% from each audition.

The reason why they wait for all auditions to be completed is to give the later auditioning groups a chance at the 8% or possibly more. It would mean about 8 people out of every 100 would be placed in an Entertainment position.

Also, I read 5% from lperc's CP blog which sounds about right. They are a bit stricter for the Orlando auditions though due to several reasons. ;)

From what I hear, not every auditioning group has an equal chance. It's more like first come first serve. I've heard many people who went to the Denver auditions say that the instructors even said most cast members are picked from Denver because it is the first auditioning site.

From what I hear, not every auditioning group has an equal chance. It's more like first come first serve. I've heard many people who went to the Denver auditions say that the instructors even said most cast members are picked from Denver because it is the first auditioning site.

That doesn't sound right to me :confused3 I've known quite a few from Utah, and we are usually the last date(before Orlando)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter