Character Performer Auditions

Discussion in 'The College Board' started by jbird003, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Joanna71985

Joanna71985 <marquee><font color=green>Characters are my frien

It's not like that anymore. If you select several roles, you can be accepted to one of them before the audition. Then if you pass the audition, you are changed to performer.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BeachPrincesss

BeachPrincesss Earning My Ears

Hi! New to this forum and found this thread.. i know it is old and not very active anymore.. but i thought i'd comment to see who bites. I am considering applying for Spring 2013 as a Character Performer. Realistically, i know i would only be happy if i worked in Entertainment. Obviously it is a hard position to obtain, so that is why i am just loosely planning right now. Auditions are sometime in October, so i may just attend the San Francisco one and see how it goes before i apply, as i am not really set on anything else :). I would love to chat with others looking to apply.

4. XiphonIII

XiphonIII Earning My Ears

I just joined myself, and was perusing this thread for tips. It's been my dream to be a face character since I was little, but I've no idea how to get into it. Unfortunately, all of the responses here talk about the college program, but surely there's another way in? I really want to be a face character, but not of the colleges near disney have the programs I want to major in.

5. BeachPrincesss

Some of the audition dates were released today on disneyauditions.com. Fun!

6. xjen94

xjen94 Earning My Ears

If I apply to the DCP for Spring 2013, and then get accepted for another role, can I audition while in WDW to be moved over to entertainment?

7. Joanna71985

Joanna71985 <marquee><font color=green>Characters are my frien

Not really. There are only select auditions for current CPs, and most are face auditions.

8. Savvy

Savvy Earning My Ears

Short answer, no. You can audition for entertainment at one of the auditions this October for entertainment! If you are offered a role before auditioning, you can accept that role and be switched to entertainment upon passing the audition!

Otherwise, you can always opt to extend your program and audition for entertainment then, but you'll have to spend the entire program with a different role before you can extend!

9. BeachPrincesss

I'm doing Spring Advantage 2013, i know they hold a Fall extension audition in May for only regular Spring (Advantage can't attend i asked them).. so will there be an Advantage extension audition in like July/August?! I really hope this is true :( I'm sure someone might know!

10. aznshents

aznshents Mouseketeer

Yup. Hold tight. I was Spring Advantage 2011, and I was able to attend an Advantage audition, but it wasn't the one in May. Your time will come.

11. BeachPrincesss

Thank you so much :) i was just worried because i would like to extend if i finally by some miracle get CP!

12. littlelionsam

littlelionsam Earning My Ears

ahh i made a separate post about this question but here seemed like a good place to ask it again! for people who have worked in entertainment, what are general opinions of the role? i obviously completely respect confidentiality but i am so torn whether or not i should audition, since i hear the costumes can get very heavy and hot, but there are also many upsides. can anyone share some insight? :hyper: thanks!

13. NinaM1230

NinaM1230 Earning My Ears

I know the applications are not out yet but I wanted to get a head start on information I should know.

My dream is to be Tinkerbell's face character.

How do they choose you for the audition?
    How long is the audition?
    Do they choose you based on how you look?

Also, can you apply for more then one thing? I am Disney obsessed and I would do anything just to get a chance to work there so I would do any job there.

Thank You! :)

14. Spo0nfulofSugar

Spo0nfulofSugar Beginning my Dream

Anyone can attend an audition listed for the College Program. Depending on how many rounds you advance through (dance portion, acting portion, more challenging dance, so on) and the amount of people at your audition, it could be several hours. Height is the primary factor Disney considers during auditions-there are lots of different character height ranges, I believe Tinkerbell is around...5'2? Many character performers are not face characters, per say-that role also include dancers for parades and fuzzy characters like Tigger and Mickey. Looks only come into play if the people at the audition pull you to be considered to become a face character like Tinkerbell. From what I understand this is pretty rare among Colleg Program-ers.

15. McBain15

McBain15 Earning My Ears

Hello,

Im just wondering can you just go and audition for a fur character e.g mickey mouse?

And does anyone know anymore information about the fur character roles, everything on the disney websites are for face characters and parade performers.

Thank you

16. Joeywarhorse

Joeywarhorse Mouseketeer

Fur auditions come around every so often, just keep an eye out. The post for it usually has a picture of Chip and Dale, Mickey, etc.

17. McBain15

McBain15 Earning My Ears

Ok thank you,

Where can I found the posts about the auditions, are they only on the disney auditions website or is there somewhere else?

18. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

The audition on Jan. 17th is for Character Performers.

19. Joeywarhorse

Joeywarhorse Mouseketeer

Berlioz,

Can you tell us how Disney height works?

I am trying to read your livejournal blog. Can you help me figure out how to access it? All I get is "A Walt Disney World Career" with a green background and nothing else.

Thanks!

20. McBain15

McBain15 Earning My Ears

hello,

Does anyone know any dates for the fur character auditions for disneyland, disneyworld and disneyland paris?

And on the disney auditon website it says disney character performers does that mean fur characters ?
    Thanks

21. Joeywarhorse

Joeywarhorse Mouseketeer

Yes, they call fur, character performers. Character look-alike and parade performers are different.