Character Heights/CP Auditions

I'm 5' 3'' I wonder if I'll be able to reach Princess height by 16, I'm 13 now. Anyone think I can?
:confused3

if you DO get cast as a character, are you that character all of the time? or do you have to be a certain character one day then a different one some other time?

if you DO get cast as a character, are you that character all of the time? or do you have to be a certain character one day then a different one some other time?

You can be scheduled as more then one. There are many in each height range. It all depends on scheduling.

Hi, I've been trying to research the performer auditions and it's just making me more confused. I am auditioning in Salt Lake City for Fall 08, but I really want to be a parade performer. ( I have been dancing my entire life). On another board I read that there is a second audition at WDW when you arrive that will tell you if you can be in a parade. Do you have to be selected for a character to audition for parade performer or do the recruiters at the first audition recommend you for the 2nd audition, or both? Also is the second audition where you get your color code or is the first? Thanks!

Hi, I've been trying to research the performer auditions and it's just making me more confused. I am auditioning in Salt Lake City for Fall 08, but I really want to be a parade performer. ( I have been dancing my entire life). On another board I read that there is a second audition at WDW when you arrive that will tell you if you can be in a parade. Do you have to be selected for a character to audition for parade performer or do the recruiters at the first audition recommend you for the 2nd audition, or both? Also is the second audition where you get your color code or is the first? Thanks!

Hi Erika!
When you audition in Salt Lake you will be giving two color codes - one for animation and one for dancing/performance. You will not know what colors you were given until after you're in the program. Those colors determine what you're allowed to do once you begin - the higher the color, the more options. Therefore, you could be selected as a Parade Performer at that first audition, but you wouldn't know til you start the program.

If you would like to try to get a higher color, there are additional auditions after the program starts in which you can try again - however, they always go with your more recent colors so if you did better at the first audition, it doesn't matter they'll go with the lower (but recent, colors)!

No - if you do not pass the first audition, you would not be able to do the second, they generally do not like their CPs to role hop. If you accept something else, that's what you'll be doing.

However - if you would like extend your program for another semester, you are welcome to try for entertainment again! But that audition is not until the end of the your first program.

Hope that helps - good luck on your audition!

Hi there. You get a color code from the first audition (if you make it). Then when you get down to FL you have the chance to attend other auditions to bring it up. What you get as a color code determines what parades/shows you can do. You can preference things, but Disney will pick you.

This information is ahuge help, I had no idea how the auditions work... is it hard to pass the audition?

also keep in mind Disney will register your "official" height and then you are actually given a .5in leeway on either end. So if you measure in at 5'11.5" you could end up being friends with a 5'11" character or a 6' character

This information is ahuge help, I had no idea how the auditions work... is it hard to pass the audition?

It depends on what they are looking for. Some heights are easier to get in with, and also dance ability helps.

Brenna, I just read your blog and it was sooo helpful! Thank you!

You're welcome. One thing I've learned since returning is that at larger audition locations they have costume and makeup for face characters, but mine was too small for that! I'm guessing yours will be a bit larger!

At my audition we had almost 50 people, but no one from cosmotology came to it.

I thought the auditions would have hundreds of people... but that's not what I've been hearing.

I thought the auditions would have hundreds of people... but that's not what I've been hearing.

A friend of mine auditioned in Chicago - she said there were about 100 and they did have makeup. I wonder how they decide :confused3

Question, do you have to be thin in order to get a character? I'm not a perfect sphere, but I'm not a size 2 either. I'm around 5'8"-5'10" (everyone gives me a different height lol.), if that makes any difference....

I don't expect to be a princess, so I am not concerned about that.

TIA!

Question, do you have to be thin in order to get a character? I'm not a perfect sphere, but I'm not a size 2 either. I'm around 5'8"-5'10" (everyone gives me a different height lol.), if that makes any difference....

I don't expect to be a princess, so I am not concerned about that.

TIA!

For the most part, no. A few have to be "fitted" but most of them are fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter