changing rooms at the same resort

griz_fan

Earning My Ears
Due to weather issues, our flight today was canceled, so we're leaving a day later than planned. I had to scramble a lot, but was able to get our flight rebooked for tomorrow, and I changed our return flight to a day later than originally scheduled. The Wilderness Lodge was able to accommodate us to a certain degree. We're in a Jr. Suite for the remaining six days of our original plan, but they have to have us move to two rooms for the rescheduled 7th day.

So... We have to checkout of or 1st room, then check into our 2nd room for the last night of our trip. What do we have to do for this? Will they be able to move our luggage for us? I'd hate to have to stick around on that day to change rooms, that would eat up a lot of that last day.

thanks!

I've changed rooms before and even resorts. Disney will move you luggage to your new room and it will be there when you arrive back after the day in the park.

Also, when you arrive ask if there is any chance you could remain in the same room - we've had this happen a few times and they were able to accommodate us once at the resort..

Good luck and have a great trip!

I would imagine if you call bell services the day before you change rooms, they'll have a bellhop at your door first thing in the morning to move your bags.

You'll probably have to go to the lobby the last day to get new keys.

As was stated earlier, when you arrive, see if they can put you in a room you will not have to move out of.

We just did that over New year's eve. I hated it and it was very inconvenient. Never again. We were at the contemporary and we changed from the garden section to the tower. I had to call bell services. Someone had to come up. Someone HAD to be in the room when they got there (I wanted to be at rope drop at MK) . You have to follow them down to bell services. They will give you a ticket for you to retrieve your luggage when your room is ready. Then I walked to MK and then walked back later in the day to get our new room keys, get our luggage, etc. It worked out, but it was a hassle and I vowed never to do it again. Although, if it's your only alternative, it's better than not being there at all:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter