Changes To Dining Plans May-June 2015

I suppose that if they know people are going to scam the Dining plan, they will have to make adjustments. And yes I think booking your kids with 1 adult in one room with dining while booking a bunch of adults on a RO or offsite as someone mentioned knowing full well you are using the kid's credits for the adults not on the plan is unethical if not down right wrong. The reason they allowed child's credits to be used for adult meals as explained to me by a server at Y & Y was to allow kids more flexibility than the kid's menu which is geared towards picky kids. My kid's eat way more variety than found on a typical kid's menu and I appreciated the flexibility. And allowing you to use your credits to pay for a meal for someone joining you for the day would be a nice allowance on Disney's part. But to take from that I should book Deluxe Dining for my kids and then use those credits for adult members staying elsewhere is not right, IMO. I like to save money, with a family of 7 it's downright necessary, but not at the expense of my integrity especially in front of my kids.

I suppose that if they know people are going to scam the Dining plan, they will have to make adjustments. And yes I think booking your kids with 1 adult in one room with dining while booking a bunch of adults on a RO or offsite as someone mentioned knowing full well you are using the kid's credits for the adults not on the plan is unethical if not down right wrong. The reason they allowed child's credits to be used for adult meals as explained to me by a server at Y & Y was to allow kids more flexibility than the kid's menu which is geared towards picky kids. My kid's eat way more variety than found on a typical kid's menu and I appreciated the flexibility. And allowing you to use your credits to pay for a meal for someone joining you for the day would be a nice allowance on Disney's part. But to take from that I should book Deluxe Dining for my kids and then use those credits for adult members staying elsewhere is not right, IMO. I like to save money, with a family of 7 it's downright necessary, but not at the expense of my integrity especially in front of my kids.

I figured they'd do something, but I wasn't expecting the app removal at all. I just assumed they'd adjust the using as many credits as people liked.

I figured they'd do something, but I wasn't expecting the app removal at all. I just assumed they'd adjust the using as many credits as people liked.
I would have preferred they change something else instead of the appetizer also. As some of my family prefers these to dessert.:goodvibes Oh well it was getting mor expensive even to upgrade from FD to the Deluxe so we'll save money by staying on the regular.:thumbsup2

When I presented that scenario the speculation had been that Disney was going to allow it. I was trying to point out why I thought the child plan price would have to increase to that of the adult plan or close to if those rumored changes were going to be implemented. It appears that many of the rumored changes are not coming to be, and I fully agree with you that using the plan outside of Disney's set parameters is unethical and wrong.

Wow, can't believe I didn't notice the lack of appetizer for the Deluxe plan! Is that likely to be implemented on January 1, 2016? Will people who arrive in 2015 be able to get an appetizer for length of stay? Will they implement the changes sooner than that like they have the substitutions and snacks? So many questions...Personally, I'm happy that I'm on QSDP!

Also, have to add my guess for Disney's justification: customer feedback indicated the Deluxe plan was too much food. :upsidedow

Question for anyone who has paid attention in years past: Does it usually take a while for some locations to appear on the dining plan brochures?

Because I don't see the good DTD QS restaurants, Les Halles, Tangierine Cafe, most Epcot TS, etc. listed for 2016...I'm assuming that's because they're simply still in the process of negotiating contracts or something?

Question for anyone who has paid attention in years past: Does it usually take a while for some locations to appear on the dining plan brochures?

Because I don't see the good DTD QS restaurants, Les Halles, Tangierine Cafe, most Epcot TS, etc. listed for 2016...I'm assuming that's because they're simply still in the process of negotiating contracts or something?
Yes, that's very, very normal. Those are restaurants owned by third parties, and Disney won't finalize their contract renewals until much later in the year.

thank you for the ethics class!
For a few years, dining credits on the DxDP have not been differentiated, a child could order from the adult menu, some restaurants strongly encourage ordering from the child's menu, but in my experience, if you are a package of a family of 4, on DxDP, 2 adults and 2 kids, and the adults dined without the kids but brought two adult guests, there was never an issue ordering all from the adult menu, no one ever questioned where my children were? At the pool, that is where they are...with their grandparents.......... My children get bored with food fast, sit down dinners get old after the first 2 days, and we are there 14 nights with family in the area, so why scale down and order QS or the DDP knowing my husband and I love sit down dinners.............if my children want to go to Narcoosees, we will take them, but it gets old and we take guests in their place instead of wasting credits ...... I have left with extra DxDP credits in the past, did Disney reimburse, NO. I did not expect them to, but they made out. Do I use my 112 snack credits on the highest price snack in Disney, no we don't, sometimes its a bottle of soda...a bottle of water, Disney makes out there too. I don't go scamming Disney all 14 days trying to "score", I am using the credits I am entitled, and if my children don't want to do sit down that night, we will take a guest or two.
I have ordered off the child's menu before, is that unethical? My husband and I went to lunch , on DxDP and yes, I ordered chicken tenders off the child's menu, I was not questioned and they took 2 credits away, one for each of our meals, because on the DxDP, that is how it is, credits pooled into one bank. Will I treat a few adult guests to dinner on my DxDP, yes I will. Will my children eat in Disney, yes they will. I surely don't want the credits to go to waste, like Disney would prefer...........
Keep in mind, my husband and I both have a magic band, linked to our reservation, for a table of 4 adults, they can take 2 credits from each band, servers don't ask if your on the package, they just take the credits.... if there are 5 adults in your room on a package, 2 peoples use their magic band and each of those 2 people takes 5 credits off the plan for me and 5 credits off the plan for my DH, that's 10 people dining, they are my credits.. I am not expecting or asking for more than I deserve...Disney hopes we go home with leftover credits. not gonna happen here.

I also treated a family anonymously, the server took 3 credits off my account without a blink of an eye. We had noticed a young couple looking to be vacationing with a middle aged man, with a vent, trache and they were feeding him. He appeared to be quadripalegic..I didn't feel sorry for him, actually, he was so fortunate and blessed that this young couple was with him, laughing and truly looking like they were having a wonderful time...and helping him enjoy Disney World .. They could of been rich or poor, I did not know, but The look on that family's face trying to find out who paid their bill was priceless, and they were hugging the server with tears in their eyes................ the server had told us they were not on any type of dining plan and he would be honored to do as I asked....................hopefully the money they saved on this dinner went towards their trip and more memories........... when my credits are gone, they are gone....................................sometimes we don't order dessert, sometimes we don't order an appetizer, is this unethical, it's not what's written in the brochure.......

Last edited:
The Magic Your Way Package Plus Deluxe Dining offers you three meals a day at a wide variety of participating Disney restaurants. And as a Disney Resort Guest, all the Disney Resort benefits are available to you.
550-ohana.jpg

This package includes:

Includes the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan:
Choose from Participating Disney Restaurants.

For each night of your package stay, each person (ages 3+) will enjoy three meals of any combination of Table Service or Quick Service dining which includes:

3 Meals -

ANY combination of Quick-Service and/or Table-Service Restaurants

Table Service Meal: One appetizer, one entree, one dessert and one non-alcoholic beverage OR one full buffet

Quick Service Meal: One entree, one dessert, and one non-alcoholic beverage OR one complete combo meal
2 Snack Options
Examples of snacks:

Frozen ice-cream novelty, popsicle or fruit bar

Box of popcorn

Single piece of whole fruit

Medium fountain soft drink or juice

Resort Refillable Drink Mug 1 per person, per package
Applicable gratuity charge not included except at participating prepaid dining

Appetizer is included

The Magic Your Way Package Plus Deluxe Dining offers you three meals a day at a wide variety of participating Disney restaurants. And as a Disney Resort Guest, all the Disney Resort benefits are available to you.
550-ohana.jpg

This package includes:

For each night of your package stay, each person (ages 3+) will enjoy three meals of any combination of Table Service or Quick Service dining which includes:

3 Meals -

Table Service Meal: One appetizer, one entree, one dessert and one non-alcoholic beverage OR one full buffet

Quick Service Meal: One entree, one dessert, and one non-alcoholic beverage OR one complete combo meal
2 Snack Options
Examples of snacks:

Box of popcorn

Appetizer is included

550-ohana.jpg

This package includes:

3 Meals -

2 Snack Options
Examples of snacks:

Box of popcorn

Are you copying that from the 2015 plan on the website?

It's the 2016 brochure that lacks an included app.

That's not Disney's website and underneath it links to the 2015 brochure with 2016 TBA. They just copied 2015 info.

The official brochure on the official Disney site lacks and app for the 2016 DXDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter