• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Challenged Accepted! Our Year of Disney with a toddler 2/27 x2

Aw, no October trip? :sad2: Sorry to hear that.

Thanks for the book recommendations - strangely, the only one we have is the Guess Who Minnie. Izzy's favorite part is finding the "doggie!" (Pluto)

Cute character pictures! I love how much Gavin enjoys meeting them. :goodvibes

Sounds like a great lunch. And a good place to sit by the window. Great that Gavin ate so well too! :thumbsup2

Good to know that I wasn't dreaming that we did a diaper change there. :rotfl:

Cute shirts!! I think by the time we met up with you, Gavin had changed, so I didn't realize he & Daniel matched. How adorable!!! Love the pictures of him meeting the characters.

I want to do lunch at BOG on our next trip, for sure. If only just so I can get that Master's Cupcake, since it's not available at dinner. How great that Gavin ate so much!! It seems like for us, every time we order Paxton his own meal, he picks and hardly eats, but if we order something to share with him, he's a bottomless pit. :rotfl:

I don't think you're crazy, especially if you were going to spend $500 to go to Sesame Place anyway. It sounds like you can save in other places and it would pretty much pay for your trip. If you can cut costs elsewhere to cover Disney costs, I say go for it! The baby just turned 2? I hate to say this (and please don't flame me) but when we flew on American and were checking in, the check in lady (the one who gives us our tickets) told us that we could get away with not paying for our DD for a few months after her 2nd birthday. She said they don't check so why not? I'm just repeating what I was told. :)

I didn't even think about that. We would buy his seat regardless because of DH's safety research, plus I cannot imagine having to keep him on my lap for 2.5+ hours LOL. I can see how that would work though, we have been to countless places like MLB games where nobody even asks how old he is or to see a ticket.

Ah, gotta love Disney math!

I don't think you are crazy to consider it (though summer might be cheaper as no extra ticket for Frozen like there is for MNSSH). Guess it comes down to can you wait until December or not.

Actually fall room rates at the values were lower. In the end we decided not to g... I really do love Disney math!

Well, I suppose it doesn't come as a surprise that I would say to go, given that I've already gone on/planned two not-in-the-plans WDW trips with my not-in-the-plan AP. :rotfl2: Seriously, though, I would take advantage of the fact that you have APs and a child that gets in for free while you can. I don't think you'll regret it, especially when you are finding ways to save back the money in other areas. And you'll always have the memories from the trip. :goodvibes

I can't believe he's 2 now!! :eek:

I figured I would not get a no from you, lol. I'm bummed but we decided to sit the extra trip out. July was not good, we had to cash flow so much... a new washing machine, new gutters, a not broken window (long story, but that was my breaking point!) and some other things that were not planned. Needless to say we tapped into some Disney/vacation money. I know we would probably be okay, but it just makes me nervous.

::bday::bday:

A very happy 2nd Birthday to Gavin! Wow, I can't believe it and I'm sure you can't either.

Somehow I missed your updates in June!

What an awesome time you had in the World Showcase. I know you did stuff but all I can think about it is the food!

I also didn't know about the steak at Liberty Tree. Nate is a steak lover, and the rest of us are more adventurous, so I can see using that nugget of info to our advantage.

You can't go wrong with treats from Karamel Kuche!

The Frushi looks awesome!

Glad you were able to enjoy Spaceship Earth and Nemo and Soarin and Living with the land! And a really cute meet with Donald. See, I could get past the food.

I loved, loved, loved reading about your meet up with family at MK. So magical.

And I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that the legacy of "Bad Cow" lives on! Nate was just a little older than Gavin when that started.

:goodvibes

I cannot believe he is two already, that's for sure! DH enjoyed the steak so much he is requesting it on our December trip. I think bad cow will live on for quite some time!

That was smart to take it easy after your very eventful family day.

I adore your Peter Pan shirts!!! I also love that ride, glad you all enjoyed it.

Gavin's character meets are so cute!!!

Hooray for BOG lunch. I haven't been there yet, but there is so much there that looks fantastic- both the food and the atmosphere.

Your story about the Mickey books has encouraged me to share a couple of stories from last week about my teen and what he remembers from his childhood.

During our trip, on one of tours we were all asked what our favorite childhood toy was. Nate of course said Nay Nay Roar, his Little People Lion that was his beloved companion from 18 months until 2nd grade or so. The toy was my avatar until recently when I changed it to me at the Beach Club.

Also on the trip, we were asked a question about the state fish of Hawaii

"Humahumanukanukaapua" Nate answered "It was in a book that mom read to me when I was little"

:lovestruc

BoG lunch is seriously awesome, I highly recommend it - especially if you can get a FP for it. It would've saved us some time, but even worth it wait considered.

Aww that's so cute! We spend so much time reading I hope Gavin has fond memories of it when he gets older. It will be interesting to see which books stick out in his mind. That dinosaur sounds like a FP dinoroar that my brother had as a kid that he still has... it was yellow and purple.

OMG I loveee your Peter Pan shirts!! They are so adorable! What a wonderful start to the day. I love the Daisy & Minnie meets too. Aria LOVES Peter Pan, while I like it I never thought she would get SO excited to ride it!

BoG lunch looks great!! I am ALMOST able to book FP for the BoG lunch - thinking tomorrow! I like that you were able to sit next to the window, we always seem to get the center of the room!

Thanks! Of course Gavin made a mess so he had to be changed after lunch but at least he got to wear his for a while.

I hope you are able to score a FP for lunch! There were actually a few open tables right in front of the windows, but they needed cleaned. I was surprised to see empty tables at all!

Very cute Peter Pan shirts. :thumbsup2

Aw, I'm glad Gavin loved meeting Daisy and Minnie. That mouse nose is perfect for kissing.:goodvibes

Isn't Be Our Guest delicious? I managed to get a FP for there in August, and I'm pretty sure my mom's heard more about that reservation than our TS ones!:rotfl2:

Way to go Gavin, eating all his lunch. And they have whole grain pasta? That's splendid news! Now I know there's something for Landon to eat. ::yes::

See, things like having ice water available is what puts BoG a step above everywhere else.

BoG CS lunch is definitely awesome and up there with other ADRs for sure. That's great you were able to score a FP+! They have whole grain pasta at a lot of places.. just look for the mickey check meals. I was very impressed with the options.

Aw, no October trip? :sad2: Sorry to hear that.

Thanks for the book recommendations - strangely, the only one we have is the Guess Who Minnie. Izzy's favorite part is finding the "doggie!" (Pluto)

Cute character pictures! I love how much Gavin enjoys meeting them. :goodvibes

Sounds like a great lunch. And a good place to sit by the window. Great that Gavin ate so well too! :thumbsup2

Good to know that I wasn't dreaming that we did a diaper change there. :rotfl:

We don't have the where's minnie book, I just figured it would be the same characters as Where's mickey. That's so cute that she loves the doggie! Gavin insisted we get him a plush pluto in Disney and he has ignored him ever since haha.

Cute shirts!! I think by the time we met up with you, Gavin had changed, so I didn't realize he & Daniel matched. How adorable!!! Love the pictures of him meeting the characters.

I want to do lunch at BOG on our next trip, for sure. If only just so I can get that Master's Cupcake, since it's not available at dinner. How great that Gavin ate so much!! It seems like for us, every time we order Paxton his own meal, he picks and hardly eats, but if we order something to share with him, he's a bottomless pit. :rotfl:

I forgot to mention that Gavin made a mess and had to be changed, but I guess that doesn't need explaining when you have a toddler LOL. I didn't realize that cupcake wasn't available at dinner! Gavin definitely surprised us with eating like normal this trip. I think there was only one place we didn't order him his own meal because he was in a mood and refused to eat. On our non Disney trip for his birthday his appetite was all over the place because he was teething. It's just too hard to predict how they are going to be on vacation!

Too tired to know what to say on your December planning post, other than - I'm sure you'll get it all figured out! :goodvibes

Glad you got to see the parade and also had a DISmeet!

So nice of that family to get you on Pirates after the FP+ snafu.

Ugh, I hate when the monorail is down! :sad2:

Glad you had a nice vacation-y night at the resort! :thumbsup2

Yay, our meet!!! Sometimes I feel weird and awkward meeting new people, but we really did just click and talked like old friends. :goodvibes So great that we got to hang out together for awhile instead of the drive-by DIS meets that usually occur.

As for the parade, DH took an obscene amount of pictures and STILL hasn't finished editing them all, which has made my TR slower to keep updated.

You are really lucky you weren't trying to exit the park after the parade like we were. I found out on Instagram later on that the dragon float had gotten stuck and couldn't make the turn! It was a mad house trying to get down Main Street.

That day was so hot and so crowded, I think an evening at the resort was a perfect way to end it! :thumbsup2

Hopefully it won't be the last time we are able to meet up in Disney!! I so enjoyed getting to meet & hang out with your family!!!!

Too tired to know what to say on your December planning post, other than - I'm sure you'll get it all figured out! :goodvibes

Glad you got to see the parade and also had a DISmeet!

So nice of that family to get you on Pirates after the FP+ snafu.

Ugh, I hate when the monorail is down! :sad2:

Glad you had a nice vacation-y night at the resort! :thumbsup2

I'm sure we will get it all figured out, it's just frustrating. I'm a planner and I'm not a fan of not knowing what we are doing! I think when the CP narrators are released everything will fall into place, or at least I hope that is the case. It seems to be the missing puzzle piece right now.

Thanks! It was a really nice day & a great laid back night

Yay, our meet!!! Sometimes I feel weird and awkward meeting new people, but we really did just click and talked like old friends. :goodvibes So great that we got to hang out together for awhile instead of the drive-by DIS meets that usually occur.

As for the parade, DH took an obscene amount of pictures and STILL hasn't finished editing them all, which has made my TR slower to keep updated.

You are really lucky you weren't trying to exit the park after the parade like we were. I found out on Instagram later on that the dragon float had gotten stuck and couldn't make the turn! It was a mad house trying to get down Main Street.

That day was so hot and so crowded, I think an evening at the resort was a perfect way to end it! :thumbsup2

Hopefully it won't be the last time we are able to meet up in Disney!! I so enjoyed getting to meet & hang out with your family!!!!

It definitely was not awkward, I'm glad we both had that chunk of time to stop and watch the parade together. Now that I think about it, we have a lot in common - tall DHs, one DS, we're about the same height and we're both nurses. Plus that whole Disney thing, haha. I'm hoping our paths cross again too! We're thinking about going next fall (running out of falls before Gavin goes to school and we definitely want to do a fall trip and MNSSHP!) I can't remember if you were planning another October trip next year?

Wow that's crazy, I had no idea the dragon got stuck! It must've been a nightmare getting out of the park!

It definitely was not awkward, I'm glad we both had that chunk of time to stop and watch the parade together. Now that I think about it, we have a lot in common - tall DHs, one DS, we're about the same height and we're both nurses. Plus that whole Disney thing, haha. I'm hoping our paths cross again too! We're thinking about going next fall (running out of falls before Gavin goes to school and we definitely want to do a fall trip and MNSSHP!) I can't remember if you were planning another October trip next year?

Wow that's crazy, I had no idea the dragon got stuck! It must've been a nightmare getting out of the park!

Now that you lay it all out, we do have so much in common!! :goodvibes

I'm REALLY hoping for another late October trip next year, but several factors are going to play into that. We are planning to start trying for baby #2 soon, and I just feel like we will have to take our trip during my maternity leave because I don't feel like I could take 12 weeks off and then take a vacation right after I go back! So it will all kind of depend on if & when that happens. Fingers crossed it all works out as planned, but ya know how that goes sometimes...

It was TERRIBLE! Of all days for that to happen, when we were desperate to get out of the park quickly!!

mooseiphonedisney111_zps9b7ae8a0.jpg

Cool! You got to meet Kristy!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

You look like twins in this picture. How cute!

Your December plans sound wonderful. What an amazingly long trip. Lucky you!

Love all the really cute PP and character pics! You got so many great ones.

Fun selfie on Dumbo.

Glad you like BOG for lunch. I really enjoyed lunch there in May. The theme is so great!

An evening swim looks so delightful. What a great end to the day! :goodvibes

Now that you lay it all out, we do have so much in common!! :goodvibes

I'm REALLY hoping for another late October trip next year, but several factors are going to play into that. We are planning to start trying for baby #2 soon, and I just feel like we will have to take our trip during my maternity leave because I don't feel like I could take 12 weeks off and then take a vacation right after I go back! So it will all kind of depend on if & when that happens. Fingers crossed it all works out as planned, but ya know how that goes sometimes...

It was TERRIBLE! Of all days for that to happen, when we were desperate to get out of the park quickly!!

I know it's so hard to plan around the unknowns! I really hope it happens quickly for you guys. I can see how it would be hard to have any vacation time directly after a maternity leave. I hope it all works out!!

Cool! You got to meet Kristy!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

You look like twins in this picture. How cute!

Your December plans sound wonderful. What an amazingly long trip. Lucky you!

Love all the really cute PP and character pics! You got so many great ones.

Fun selfie on Dumbo.

Glad you like BOG for lunch. I really enjoyed lunch there in May. The theme is so great!

An evening swim looks so delightful. What a great end to the day! :goodvibes

I was so excited to meet Kristy and her family. You're right, we do look a lot alike!

I am so excited to get 9 nights in December, it's a dream come true!

BoG is my favorite CS restaurant. I really hope this SB+ thing goes away so I can eat there whenever I want!

Getting caught up over here. Sorry I got so behind!

Honestly, we were probably in the same place at the same time at LEAST five times that day. I'm actually shocked we didn't see each other.

So fun that you got to meet Kristy and watch the parade together! I was watching it that day too, but from Frontierland.

The meet and greet pics from Hollywood Studios are just adorable. Gavin is too cute!

Conversation with my 2 year old a few minutes ago
Gavin: take Daddy’s car
Me: take Daddy’s car where?
Gavin: to Disney World
Meet Minnie
Meet Mickey
Wait your turn
Hold Mommy’s hand
:)

THAT IS ADORABLE!

:love:

Day 2 – check into the BEACH CLUB!

:banana::banana::banana:

That makes me so happy!!!

If I can help you out with any info, please let me know.

:thumbsup2

Day 5 – maybe try to snag a late breakfast or early lunch ADR in the boardwalk area?

My posse and I had a great breakfast at Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club on Monday morning. They have a buffet or you can order a la carte- they have Mickey Waffles and an assortment of pancakes, too. I can't remember if you have Tables in Wonderland, but at Captain's Grille, you get 10% off the price of your meal at breakfast and lunch if you use your Disney Visa.

Here is the link to some pictures from our breakfast

The Breakfast Club, Captain's Grille, August 2014

We also had a fantastic lunch at Captain's Grille last July. It is a hidden gem, and you don't normally need reservations.

Getting caught up over here. Sorry I got so behind!

Honestly, we were probably in the same place at the same time at LEAST five times that day. I'm actually shocked we didn't see each other.

So fun that you got to meet Kristy and watch the parade together! I was watching it that day too, but from Frontierland.

The meet and greet pics from Hollywood Studios are just adorable. Gavin is too cute!

Marissa! It's so good to see you back on the Dis! Thanks for reading!! I hope you are doing well. I just had to squee (is that even a word?) over your ticker... YAY for another Disney trip?!

I'm sure we were at the same place at the same time so many times. I definitely was keeping an eye out for you, I still can't believe we didn't run into each other sooner. I forgot I had been texting you a lot that day too. I think you got to BoG right after we left. Lots of near misses I'm sure!

THAT IS ADORABLE!

:love:

:banana::banana::banana:

That makes me so happy!!!

If I can help you out with any info, please let me know.

:thumbsup2

My posse and I had a great breakfast at Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club on Monday morning. They have a buffet or you can order a la carte- they have Mickey Waffles and an assortment of pancakes, too. I can't remember if you have Tables in Wonderland, but at Captain's Grille, you get 10% off the price of your meal at breakfast and lunch if you use your Disney Visa.

Here is the link to some pictures from our breakfast

The Breakfast Club, Captain's Grille, August 2014

We also had a fantastic lunch at Captain's Grille last July. It is a hidden gem, and you don't normally need reservations.

Oh goodness Gavin is so hilarious. Now it's multiple times per day he asks me to go to Disney World and see Mickey in Daddy's car. And see the potty at the hotel room lol. Today he actually had a HUGE meltdown because he couldn't ride the monorail. Last night when we were about to go have dinner (at our house) he said "okay dinner with Elmo and Big Bird!" (we had character meals at Sesame Place) now I guess he wants it all the time haha.

Thanks for the info on Captain's Grille. You reeled me in with those pictures, chocolate waffles?! YES PLEASE! We do have a TiW card. I don't know if I'm going to make an ADR or just wing it.

I snagged a late breakfast ADR for checkout day at Cape May Cafe! Hoping we can get a late checkout so we can swim some more.

You might have to talk me into BC. Today for some reason I was on a 'we should just stay offsite all 9 nights' roll. I can do 9 nights at WH for less than 3 nights at BC with a 30% discount. Stormalong Bay and the location is worth it, right?!

You might have to talk me into BC. Today for some reason I was on a 'we should just stay offsite all 9 nights' roll. I can do 9 nights at WH for less than 3 nights at BC with a 30% discount. Stormalong Bay and the location is worth it, right?!

YIKES!!!

I'm not sure how to advise you.

As you know, I love the Beach Club. I bleed Beach Club Blue. But I also love saving money, especially if it is a lot of it!!!

The location, is unquestionably, fantastic. 5 minute walk from the BC lobby to the International Gateway (I timed it!). Maybe a couple more with a toddler.

Boat, not bus to HS is pretty cool.

Stormalong Bay is incredible. The sandbottom pool area is so fun for little ones and there is a kiddie pool too below the big slide. Here are pictures from last week.

BUT...

December trip, right?

Although you probably will have some opportunity for pool time, the weather in December is all over the charts. Can be warm enough for shorts one day and then you need sweatshirts the next.

The other thing is that you may not be taking full advantage of SAB while Gavin is young. The lazy river, at points, is around 8 feet deep. Although your DH can practically stand above the waterline ;) I don't know what your comfort level would be with Gavin in there- you can have him in water wings or even one of those full body floats, though.

A couple of things to think about, but if you have other questions or concerns, let me know.

:cool2:

YIKES!!!

I'm not sure how to advise you.

As you know, I love the Beach Club. I bleed Beach Club Blue. But I also love saving money, especially if it is a lot of it!!!

The location, is unquestionably, fantastic. 5 minute walk from the BC lobby to the International Gateway (I timed it!). Maybe a couple more with a toddler.

Boat, not bus to HS is pretty cool.

Stormalong Bay is incredible. The sandbottom pool area is so fun for little ones and there is a kiddie pool too below the big slide. Here are pictures from last week.

BUT...

December trip, right?

Although you probably will have some opportunity for pool time, the weather in December is all over the charts. Can be warm enough for shorts one day and then you need sweatshirts the next.

The other thing is that you may not be taking full advantage of SAB while Gavin is young. The lazy river, at points, is around 8 feet deep. Although your DH can practically stand above the waterline ;) I don't know what your comfort level would be with Gavin in there- you can have him in water wings or even one of those full body floats, though.

A couple of things to think about, but if you have other questions or concerns, let me know.

:cool2:

Those pictures make me want to be at the Beach Club RIGHT NOW! But December... you're right. I'm afraid you talked me right out of it lol. The biggest appeal to me is Stormalong Bay. December is so unpredictable and since we will only be there 2-3 days at the beginning of the trip, if it is particularly chilly those days we will not get to enjoy it. If it was for the whole trip, that would be a different story since it's likely during a week or more we'd get to enjoy it, plus the location. We don't have a lot planned during the first 2 days so being close to Epcot and DHS doesn't matter that much. I still want to stay there, but I think this trip it does not make sense. I'm sure Gavin will enjoy it more when he is older too, you're right!

Gavin wanted to read Cinderella last night
Me: Where does Cinderella live?
Gavin: in the castle
Me: Where is the castle?
Gavin: in the purple book

HAHA :rotfl2:

Last edited:
AHHHH, THE GRAND!!!! You have to stay there, oh my goodness. I'm not sure I told you when we met up, but I wasn't as impressed with the Beach Club as I'd hoped to be. Not to say I didn't like it, but yeah, it wasn't as amazing as I hoped. What's the deal if you stay off site, as far as FP + goes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter