Celebrating Christmas with the Urchins -- UPDATE -- SURPRISE

Kathy - to answer your question... we are in the villas as well. I'm not sure if I had a choice with a view or anything but definitely the villas. It will probably be the room with the noisy kids next door no doubt. :lmao:

No worries about the breakfast plans. I'm just glad that we will get to see you guys for more than 5 minutes at a time. At least Kona is a short monorail ride to MK. Thanks again for extending the invitation. :goodvibes

You didn't tell me that you had to change dining. I guess this alters our meeting time a bit????

You have no idea how upset I was with Disney too call me last week and tell me this late that the California Grill would be closed and all ADR's would have to be switched or cancelled on the 3rd. The CM seemed to have a tough time understanding getting an ADR near the MK on this date is close to impossible. She called Citricos directly while I was on hold and got it taken care of; unfortnately it is now 5:30 instead of 5:00. I am still looking daily for ADR's and at this point I am willing to take a loss on the DDxDP and just do a 1TS if one is available.

I have always wanted to homeschool, but I know I can't handle it, so I never have. But our mornings would be more peaceful if I did. :rotfl:

I usually wake up naturally around 5am, just hope we can get some sleep on the plane! will be going to AK our first day after we get checked in and drop our bags at bell services if our room isn't ready and will stay until after the parade then go get settled in and bed early that night!

:rotfl2: gotcha! If we ever plan I dismeet, I promise to not suggest a mexican food restaurant! ;)

I do hope we meet one day, and thank you for not booking a mexican food restaurant. :)

Kathy - to answer your question... we are in the villas as well. I'm not sure if I had a choice with a view or anything but definitely the villas. It will probably be the room with the noisy kids next door no doubt. :lmao:

When my DVC guy booked it for me, he aid there was Deluxe Studio-Garden or Pool View available...I said take it; secretly hoping I won't see the clown pool. ;)

No worries about the breakfast plans. I'm just glad that we will get to see you guys for more than 5 minutes at a time. At least Kona is a short monorail ride to MK. Thanks again for extending the invitation. :goodvibes

I'm glad we are getting some time to sit and talk together too.

You have no idea how upset I was with Disney too call me last week and tell me this late that the California Grill would be closed and all ADR's would have to be switched or cancelled on the 3rd. The CM seemed to have a tough time understanding getting an ADR near the MK on this date is close to impossible. She called Citricos directly while I was on hold and got it taken care of; unfortnately it is now 5:30 instead of 5:00. I am still looking daily for ADR's and at this point I am willing to take a loss on the DDxDP and just do a 1TS if one is available.

All I can say is WOW!

I have always wanted to homeschool, but I know I can't handle it, so I never have. But our mornings would be more peaceful if I did. :rotfl:

Claire certainly does not like her mornings, does she?

I usually wake up naturally around 5am, just hope we can get some sleep on the plane! will be going to AK our first day after we get checked in and drop our bags at bell services if our room isn't ready and will stay until after the parade then go get settled in and bed early that night!

Lord, if I could, I'd sleep until 9 a.m. evey morning. But on vacation it does not bother me at all.

Thanks for all the compliments on the girls. They are pretty amazing :)

A life update before I post our plans for before Mark and Kathy arrive :)

The girls go to a newly established charter school-was a small private one last year. So far this year the curriculum has completely changed, they are standardized testing them every 6 weeks and both girl's teachers have resigned due to "family emergencies" in the past week. Avery's teacher we saw coming, Cayley's was a shocker. With all the changes I have decided it is in the best interest of my girls to withdraw them from school. After much discussion and research we decided as a family we would home school. Their last day will be Oct 31st. We are very excited to begin this new journey. An also very happy not to be dragging make up work along on our 2 upcoming vacations. :)

On to our plans!!! Our dates are Sat Nov 30th through Sat Dec 7th. We are doing a split stay between Saratoga Springs and AKV Jambo House. We still have our DVC Prem Passes and are getting the dining plan-next time we go Avery will be 10 and I AM NOT paying for her as an adult. Heck she can't finish a kids meal.

Sat Nov 30th

We will fly from Phx (ouch those tickets were so expensive this time around) at around 10a. We land in Orlando just after 4p. Where did the day go? LOL. We will take ME to Saratoga Springs for four nights. I am hoping for either Grandstand or Springs.After we check in we will either go to DTD or stay at the hotel to eat and swim. I will try and get the ladies to bed at a decent time to start the switch from west coast to east coast time.

Sun Dec 1

We will get up around 730a. We have a 9a reservation at the Grand Flo Cafe. We will then head to MK. I made some fp+ reservations for Splash, Big Thunder and Enchanted Tales with Belle. We will hang out at MK until early aft and then head to Epcot. We have a dinner res at San Angel Inn-have to get that mexican food before KATMARK gets there. We will hang out at Epcot for awhile then head back.

Mon Dec 2

This is our AK day. It will be so nice to hang out there when it is not a million degrees. We will spend time at Rafiki's-Avery loves to watch the vet in action. We have fp for the Safari, and FOTLK. Girls love this show especially the tumble monkey's We found out in June that one of them is a former Gold Medalist in gymnastics. We then have 515p dinner at The Wave. After we may head to MK for emh.

Tues Dec 3

This am I think we are going to try check out Disney Quest. Or do some shopping at DTD. We will grab some snacks at some point and then head to MK to meet up with Kathy and Mark!!!

Wow standardized testing every 6 weeks?! That seems excessive! I think homeschooling will be great for them. Sounds like they have enough social activities outside of school to keep up with a social life. My friend is homeschooling her daughter through an online school and says it is the best decision she has made for her. I went to EPCOT a few years ago and there was a group of kids there that were doing the holidays around the world as part of their homeschool program to learn about other cultures. I thought it was a great lesson!

So far your plans look great!

I'm here! I have baseball brain at the moment, so my thoughts are not keeping up with my TR reading. I am hoping to get some sleep when November comes around! Looking forward to hearing about your plans!

I'm here! I have baseball brain at the moment, so my thoughts are not keeping up with my TR reading. I am hoping to get some sleep when November comes around! Looking forward to hearing about your plans!

I will have you know that I am LOUDLY cheering for your team every step of the way. Not that I am a Red Sox fan (diehard Cubs fan here), but I hate the Cardinals almost as much as I hate the Chicago White Sox. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I will have you know that I am LOUDLY cheering for your team every step of the way. Not that I am a Red Sox fan (diehard Cubs fan here), but I hate the Cardinals almost as much as I hate the Chicago White Sox. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Alright! My boys looked good last night! Did you watch the pre-game? I was in tears. I have skillfully avoided Marathon coverage, and just lost it last night. So many people I know here were involved in that. So the way you feel about the Cards is how I feel about the Yankees! I have been to Wrigley with my dad. It is a beautiful stadium.

No, you were booked at CSR, but couldn't bring yourself to do it and moved to WL. :lmao::lmao: Can you imagine the cocktail meets we could have had if we'd all been at the same resort? :)

I stand corrected, we did book the CSR first; however, when we decided to switch I wanted to go with the BWI and it's location to Epcot and my DW wanted to stay near the MK because my DD(16) will be marching with her band on Dec. 2nd in the MK and we will be going to the MVMCP the next day. After 27 years of marriage I have learned to become a, "Yes dear" when it comes to these matters. :rotfl2:

As for the cocktail meets, I would be consuming a diet beverage or ice tea since I don't do alcohol, but nevertheless it would have been fun... Who knows, we have another trip coming up in June and you just never know how many of us will be there then. ;)

Thanks for the heads up! I'm in! Love that Cayley proposed the trip and everyone else agreed! :) She's very proactive. :)

Looks like a fantastic trip! I need to book another Christmas trip some of these days.

Jill in CO (posting from WDW!)

Hi Kathy
Sorry I am so late!
You are on page 7 already!
I shall be sure to keep on top of your pre-trippie :)

I made it, I made it :cool1:. OK, not until page 7, but I am being fashionable late :lmao:

The girls go to a newly established charter school-was a small private one last year. So far this year the curriculum has completely changed, they are standardized testing them every 6 weeks and both girl's teachers have resigned due to "family emergencies" in the past week. Avery's teacher we saw coming, Cayley's was a shocker. With all the changes I have decided it is in the best interest of my girls to withdraw them from school. After much discussion and research we decided as a family we would home school. Their last day will be Oct 31st. We are very excited to begin this new journey. An also very happy not to be dragging make up work along on our 2 upcoming vacations. :)

On to our plans!!! Our dates are Sat Nov 30th through Sat Dec 7th. We are doing a split stay between Saratoga Springs and AKV Jambo House.

Mary, I can't believe how big the girls are getting :scared1:. I guess when you don't see someone day to day it is very noticeable. Wait until you see Dallas :lmao:. Anywho, congrats on the decision to homeschool. I homeschool Dallas and have from his first "school" day. I don't have to worry about what he is, or isn't, learning because it is my choice what curriculum to use. Your girls will do awesome, and you will love the flexibility.

We are doing a split stay too, but we are staying at AKV Jambo House on our first night then transferring over to SSR. I asked for a room in the Grandstand section so hopefully we will be neighbors :goodvibes.

OK caught up again. Car troubles, school trips, baseball and a dead computer put me behind.

I'll have a car this trip as we are driving down- in my van not my DH's truck. I am getting the trans rebuilt next week so my van (which gets BETTER gas mileage) will be good to go. I don't think we will use it to get to the parks as I have to rent an ECV. Tore my ankle up last year and am looking at surgery in February most likely.

We are doing the party on the 3rd too. Looks like a few of us will be there. Sadly when I booked the trip I wasn't thinking and that is my granddaughters 5th birthday. BAD grandmom. She has been trying to con me into taking her and I would love to but I don't think her mom would like it. I'll just need t get her something special while we are there.

:wave2: Hi Kathy. :goodvibes Can't stop in and not say hi.

Mary, BEST decison to homeschool! You and your girls will be so happy. :goodvibes We have done it all (public, private, charter, homeschool and a combination of who is home and who isn't) depending on the season of the children's life and what they needed...homeschool is my favorite, hands down. I KNOW your daughters are thrilled.

So far it looks like a great trip for all of you! So cute that Cayley got it going! She is a little spitfire! And I mean that in a good way!

We had the pleasure of meeting Mary and the girls last October and Cayley was the one I noticed first (of course I knew to be looking for a purple cast on her arm). The girls became fast friends with my girls and it was an awesome MNSSHP night!

I am sure those girls will have Mark wrapped around their little fingers in no time (if they don't already!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter