• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celebrating at POFQ/AKL in September 2015! COMPLETE

Any planning updates? You act like you've been busy selling a house or something :rotfl2:

Too funny! Yeah, I didn't do any more trip planning this past week... I was just a wee bit busy with selling my house and the craziness at work. :scared: The good news is that the house is sold and I no longer have to pay for repairs and HOA dues on a place I haven't lived in for almost 4 years! Woohoo!! Work has been stressful due to the weather so far this season. As I mentioned in my intro, I work as a horticulturist. The weather in Denver has not been very kind to us this spring. The latest setback was a large hail storm that did a lot of damage in our area on Thursday evening.

Anyway, I am back now and will be working on my update for our plans for day two of our trip in the next couple of days!! Stay tuned! :woohoo:

Last edited:
:scared1::scared1::scared1:
Too funny! Yeah, I didn't do any more trip planning this past week... I was just a wee bit busy with selling my house and the craziness at work. :scared: The good news is that the house is sold and I no longer have to pay for repairs and HOA dues on a place I haven't lived in for almost 4 years! Woohoo!! Work has been stressful due to the weather so far this season. As I mentioned in my intro, I work as a horticulturist. The weather in Denver has not been very kind to us this spring. The latest setback was a large hail storm that did a lot of damage in our area on Thursday evening.

Anyway, I am back now and will be working on my update for our plans for day two of our trip in the next couple of days!! Stay tuned! :woohoo:

Oh I know all about this strange weather, I'm still waiting on contractors to fix my home from the tree crashing onto. The adjuster says we have almost $17,000 in damages, we need a whole new roof :scared1: along with tons of other stuff

What exactly do you do with plants? Do you work in a greenhouse?

Your first day plans look GREAT! Are you gonna be able to make it until Midnight at MK after having taken a red-eye flight and no sleep?! :faint:

Oh I know all about this strange weather, I'm still waiting on contractors to fix my home from the tree crashing onto. The adjuster says we have almost $17,000 in damages, we need a whole new roof :scared1: along with tons of other stuff

Ugh... yeah, I should not complain about the weather - sorry! I hope your insurance is covering it all - and that your neighbors can help to pay the deductible since it was their tree. :sad2:

What exactly do you do with plants? Do you work in a greenhouse?

I work outdoors and also have a greenhouse, so a bit of both. This is a tough area to garden in for sure and this season has been especially challenging.

Sorry I haven't replied much lately--but yay on the house sale!!! That's always a relief!

No worries, I've been pretty busy myself. :teeth: The house sale is a huge relief although I'm still waiting on my mortgage company to send me the money that was in my escrow account. It's been a week since closing so maybe I'll need to bug them about this. :confused3

Sorry for the delay with the updates here! Work is crazy, I sold my house, the list goes on!

I did have a chance to do a bit more planning yesterday - switched some dining reservations around mostly. So far not much has changed with our plans for Day 2 of our trip though!

Day 2: EPCOT and Hollywood Studios!

On the second day of our trip we'll sleep in a bit since day one is going to be a LONG one. We'll plan to eat breakfast at POR or POFQ and then head over on the bus to EPCOT!
Spaceship Earth.jpg

Yes, this is a nighttime photo - all of my daylight pics of Spaceship Earth either have the 2000 logo overhead or the EPCOT logo. :scratchin I will have to get a bunch of updated photos on this trip!

We plan to arrive around 10am and hopefully we'll have fastpasses for my mom's all time favorite ride!

Soarin.jpg

I like this ride but it's nowhere near the top of my list of favorites. I tend to like the roller coasters the best and she refuses to go on most of them. :laughing:

I'm sure we'll also have to hit one of my favorite rides which is the boat tour - I think it's called Living with the Land?

The Land tour 2.jpg

The Land tour.jpg

Next, we'll make our way over to World Showcase where we have a 1:20pm lunch ADR at Biergarten in Germany!

Biergarten music.jpg

Biergarten seating.jpg

My parents love this lunch buffet. I am pretty picky, so the food isn't a huge draw for me, but the entertainment and atmosphere are really cool. Plus, I can get a beer with lunch which will make the food taste even better I'm sure! :drinking1 :lmao:

After lunch, I think we'll wander around World Showcase and check out all the different countries. This is my favorite part of EPCOT and since we'll be coming back to this park on another day during our trip, we don't have to stress about trying to hit everything on this day.

Morocco.jpg

World Showcase.jpg

Canada.jpg

We'll then plan to leave the park around 6 or 7pm via the International Gateway and will make our way to the Boardwalk Bakery for a snack. I wish I could find my photos of all the yummy treats they have here!

After the bakery and walking around the boardwalk a bit, we'll take the ferry over to Hollywood Studios to spend the rest of our evening there. HS is scheduled to have EMH from 9:30 -11:30 on this night!

There are three rides we have to hit at HS. This is the only time we plan to spend at this park during our trip since it doesn't have a ton of attractions that we're excited about. But, we're definitely excited about these three!

to be continued in next post...

Last edited:
So... which three rides do we have to hit? I bet you can guess!

Tower of Terror.jpg

Tower of Terror 2.jpg

Yep, the Tower of Terror is a must for my family! I love the details here and how they did such a great job making the hotel look like it's been abandoned for years. Also LOVE the ride itself of course!

Strolling across the way a bit, my dad and I will ride this!

Rock n Roller Coaster.jpg

And... my mom will sit this one out... :confused3

Finally, we'll have to walk a ways for our last ride (or maybe we'll do this one first since I think Fantasmic is closest to the ToT and RnRC).

Star Tours.jpg

I think they've redone this one like they did in Disneyland? I just got to experience the updated version(s) in Dland in January and they are such a huge improvement over the old ride!

Finally, we will end our night with the later showing of Fantasmic - one of the best nighttime shows offered at WDW!

Fantasmic.jpg

Then it will be back to POR around midnight to get some z's before our next day at Magic Kingdom!

Last edited:
Sounds like so much fun!!

I can't figure out where the picture with the wood ceiling & stain glass is in WS, Morroco? I've never been in that room.

Sounds like so much fun!!

I can't figure out where the picture with the wood ceiling & stain glass is in WS, Morroco? I've never been in that room.

Yep, it's in Morocco! That's a really fun pavilion to explore - lots of hidden spots and cool light fixtures throughout! :teeth:

Yep, it's in Morocco! That's a really fun pavilion to explore - lots of hidden spots and cool light fixtures throughout! :teeth:

I really like that ceiling in the pic. I've never been in this room, I will have to look next time. I really like the tile work in Morroco.

sounds like great plans to me! i'm glad to know i'm not the only one who doesn't love soarin'. I mean, it's ok, but i'm not going to worry if we don't ride it.

I love all the nighttime pictures--that's my favorite time to be in the parks. it's so pretty with the lights and fireworks.... :love:

sounds like great plans to me! i'm glad to know i'm not the only one who doesn't love soarin'. I mean, it's ok, but i'm not going to worry if we don't ride it.

I wouldn't be heartbroken if we missed it - it was being refurbished when we were in DL this January and my mom was sad about that. Didn't phase me at all! :rolleyes1

I love all the nighttime pictures--that's my favorite time to be in the parks. it's so pretty with the lights and fireworks.... :love:

I love nighttime in the parks also. My dad is the same - it's his favorite time in the parks so he was glad to see that there is at least one park open later on most of the nights of our trip. Growing up going to DL, we used to love watching the fireworks from the canal boats in Storybook Land. Splash Mountain is another good one to ride during the fireworks! :thumbsup2

Sounds like a great day!!! You're lucky to have more than one Epcot day to really see all the countries...that's where I always wish I had more time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter