Celebrating 20 years at WDW - Bonus features, A few posts from May, Updated 9/11

Well, given my track record of experience with scooter drivers, I can understand the bus driver's skepticism on some level. He's probably had some kind of traumatic experience with one of these half braindead idiot drivers.

True. You always seem to find the real winners.

That really is impressive. I think I've only been able to even see them once and even then they were using their camouflage well.

Most of the time they are hiding and huddled up in the foliage, I thought there were only two for the longest time until I saw all the ones on this time.

That's disappointing. This looks like it could be so good, but every review seems to be of the "meh" variety.

It is disappointing, at least for the sausage, but my Chicken dish was just fabulous! I loved it! Probably the best QS meal I had (though we didn't have many, in fact now that I look over my plans this was our ony QS meal!)

I'm glad you got to try out Boathouse, although I can't really say I wouldn't rather go to Trader Sam's. Your dinner looks like it was good though and I'm glad you got to try it out!

Well, we were smart this time and made specific plans to have our dinner at Trader Sams one night.

Great safari shots of the hippos and cheetahs.

The Boathouse is one of many newer Disney Springs restaurants on my to-eat list....and they keep adding more!

Thanks! The Cheetahs are always difficult to catch on camera.

Yes there are quite a few places at Disney Springs that I want to try, we have an afternoon there next trip to try some QS places.

Sounds like a nice relaxed day (minus waking up too early and the Springs panic attack). Looks like you enjoyed the Boathouse. We were there in December and when I saw the oyster menu, I had to think of you! We really loved our meal there. Did you check out the boats? They have an amazing collection of historic boats.

We did enjoy the Boathouse, we had been there previously for lunch. It's nice that they have a variety of options, we've always had seafood there. In fact both times we had a lobster option, but they have nice steaks and other choices too. The only boats I saw there were the amphicars. Where are the historic boats? I saw models of boats.....

That sounds almost painful on vacation.

I don't mind getting up early if it's not every single day.

That was perfect timing.

Yes it did work out well.

This looks like fun.

I hope to be able to do it someday.

I like the look of this menu.

Yes, there were a few things on it I would have liked, but I'm going to remember the Chicken Tikka Masala, it was excellent!

That is a real shame.

I know! Some of my favorite shirts have come from those stores.

That does not sound good.

Yeah, she has a way of doing exactly what I don't want when I want to be leaving.

I know that Graham described wandering around Disney Springs as like having his soul sucked out by dementors.

That sounds about like what I felt like! This next time we are going in the daylight.

I loved that place.

Yes, I thought it was fantastic too!

You must have needed this.

Evidently!

That is so neat to be able to see the floats up close and take pictures of it. I rarely watch the Rose Parade and it was neat to see them up close with your pictures.

We watch it every year and I always say, "can we go see the floats this year?" Finally we did!

Glad that you were able to ride KS and EE at AK. I would assume that you used your all in one lens on KS. Those are nice pics.

I used my all-in-one lens for almost everything this trip. The only time I used my dark ride lens is for the chapter on the next day which I am working on inbetween responses.

Boathouse meal looks good.

Yes, it was!

I understand your panic at Disney Springs, I got completely turned around and had the hardest time finding the Lego store. And the map didn't help AT ALL.

Yeah, they drop you off at a very strange place. I wasn't expecting it.

Dinner looked scrumptious!

It really was!

Well done getting up so early for AK. You must have needed the rest, glad you were able to go back for a nap. I was worried that you were going to miss dinner when you said Fran started her nap late.

Perhaps I was still recovering from Friday!

Last edited:
How could it not be?

Bacon.

mmmmm Bacon......

I've never understood the policy of having scooter riders transfer to seats? Maybe someone could enlighten me. Seriously. Don't get this. Safety thing? They're strapped in with about 400 belts and locked and turned off... and... and... Lost here.

Me too. Totally lost. It's very rare that the driver lets the scooter rider sit on their seat, and ours a lot more comfortable. We have chair pads!

I could spend HOURS in that aviary. Thoroughly LOVE it!

I'm not a huge bird fan, but this time I did enjoy it a whole more than I have in the past.

OH yes. The place my kids discovered how to spend $20 in 3 minutes on fudge. And the pandora's box of MB spending was opened.

Yeah, I thought that was the place.

Oh dear. Yes, I sure do. EEK!

And people wonder why we never get anywhere on time.

:scared::scared: Not a good feeling!

Not fun at all. :sad2:

Once upon a time I told you if we ever met up, I'd try one just to see if I could do it, and who knows, maybe I'd like them. Hmmm....?

The different kinds all have their own unique taste. I prefer the small briney ones, but there are all sorts of tastes, some of which I can't stand others I love!

And I KNOW I'll be having one of these with you! I suspect I'll enjoy it FAR more than those ^^. Then again after one of these, maybe raw oysters will be amazing. :teeth:

I already know of two places we will be having them! :teeth:

Somehow I missed a couple of updates! Love all the pics.

Hopefully you won't miss the next one!

How nice you did have time to cook muffins for breakfast in the end!

It was a treat! Maybe I will cook some muffins tomorrow morning, we are supposed to be fully rained in!

I love the safari goad you made it on time. But I tire of the scooter predujuice. People acting like you are on a live bull totally out all control.

Yeah, I can understand that they've probably seen some crazy ones, but you can usually tell that right off.

i have never seen the cheetahs on their feet great photos!

Thanks! It was an extra treat to see them so up and active.

funny of you on EE. lunch looked nice. mmm chicken tikka masala. i love that store sorry to hear they no longer carry the nice unique AK items anymore.

I tried to make you folks laugh! I have purchased some of my favorite AK shirts at that store. So sad it's just the same old Disney stuff you can buy anywhere.

how nice to have dinner at the Boathouse. i can't believe how much Disney Springs has changed. yes too many expensive designer stores now. dinner looked lovely!

Yeah, I'll have to give it another chance coming up in March.

I don't know how I missed this update before.... You saw a lot of animals on the safari! Good pictures for bumping along.

The chicken tikka looks yummy. This is in the new food court in Africa? I'm going there in 5 weeks. We have reservations at Tiffins. Have you eaten there yet? If you have, I missed that update.

IMG_1267.jpg

Look at all of the oysters!! :yay: I know how you love your oysters!

I on the other had would have preferred this lobster bisque!

You seem to be getting around with the scooter on the Disney transportation. Did you both have scooters or just Fran? I've rented a scooter for my upcoming trip and car to make it easy.

I don't know how I missed this update before.... You saw a lot of animals on the safari! Good pictures for bumping along.

And you just snuck in before I get another one in here.

The chicken tikka looks yummy. This is in the new food court in Africa? I'm going there in 5 weeks. We have reservations at Tiffins. Have you eaten there yet? If you have, I missed that update.

Yes, it is the new food court, but actually it is one big restaurant. You can get all the items at all the windows.

Look at all of the oysters!! :yay: I know how you love your oysters!

Certain ones...others are :crazy2:

I on the other had would have preferred this lobster bisque!

Understandable. Fran prefers her seafood cooked. I like it both ways. But I'm picky.

You seem to be getting around with the scooter on the Disney transportation. Did you both have scooters or just Fran? I've rented a scooter for my upcoming trip and car to make it easy.

We both own our own scooters. At home I am constantly having to take mine in and out of the back of the car and assemble it. If we're traveling in the rain (like we did to San Jose) I have to put Fran's scooter inside the car. Normally I just put it on the lift we have on the back of the car. I love the convenience at Disney that I don't have to assemble and disassemble the scooter constantly to go somewhere.

So before I get the next update going, I just thought I would let you know what’s been up with us IRL. Last time I checked in I was getting the vacant apartment (with the dishwasher drainage cloggage) advertised and on the market. I was also planning our Christmas trip to San Jose. Well you all know we made it back and went to see the Rose Parade floats near the first of the year.

Since then, I've had a few hits on the apartment but no takers. So two days ago I put it up on Zillow, Trulia, Hot Pads, Rent.com, Rentals.com and a couple others. That was around 2-3PM. I got two hits immediately and set up 11AM and 2PM appointments. By the time I woke up yesterday I had a dozen more emails in my Inbox about the place. I decided to hold open house between 11AM and 2:30PM. I quickly responded to each of the prospective tenants, inviting them to join me, made coffee, and then heated both Fran and I leftover Chinese for breakfast. Then I headed over for the day. All in all it was a good day. I handed out half a dozen rental packets and showed the place to at least 10 sets of roommates or partners. I even interviewed a dog! I'm confident that at least one of the pairs I met yesterday will submit an application. After I left, I got at least three more responses.

This month we also received notice that a tenant in another building will be leaving. Normally this might be cause for concern, but when a different tenant in that same building heard, she gave me a call. She and her husband are older and he is in a wheelchair. Later this year she will be having knee replacements, and her daughter has just sent her only son off to college on the East Coast. It would be an ideal situation for the parents and the daughter. She still needs to go through the application process, but we may have an applicant before the place is even vacant!

Not sure if I told you folks in an official update or only mentioned it in the chatter, but we're still dealing with the gas leak/no hot water problem in the kitchen half of the house. 10 days ago we replaced the water heater, it hadn't even been installed for 48 hours before I smelled gas in that wing of the house and again had to close the shut off valve for the gas to the water heater. Now our contractor is afraid that a draft situation in the laundry room is extinguishing the pilot light on the heater. We may have to replace it yet again with a tankless water heater, but we're going to have some technicians come out and look at it in case there is an easier fix.

The last headache has to do with the rain. California has received lots of very welcome rain. As of last week only 28% of the state is in Extreme or Exceptional drought, which is down from 38% only a month before. Of course we are still in the Extreme section, but that's better than when we were in Exceptional. With change in weather comes a price. In the last round of storms we heard a strange noise in the dining room, turns out it was drops of water coming from our sky light. We've had buckets under the drips and Friday when it rained all day we didn't have enough buckets to keep up with the drops. While I was holding the open house yesterday, the contractor came by to take a look at the problem. Turns out that our solar panels are so thickly laid on the roof, that they can't even get to the sky lights. We're going to have to get in touch with the solar company and see if they can remove some panels for access to the lights. Fun, huh?

In the meantime I stopped at Lowe’s on my way home and got four if those cement mixing tubs which are now strategically placed throughout the dining room. Today we're supposed to have the worst storm since 2010 (which I missed due to a trip to WDW), so I have all the food we need, and we're going to have a day of binge watching and DISing for me!

So back to the trip and another update!

Day 7

Our plan today was to arrive early for our reservation at 1900 Park Fare, that way if we got done quickly we could head over to MK and I would hopefully get to use my FP+ for Winnie the Pooh. We targeted leaving the room at 7:30 AM but didn't actually get to the bus stop until 8:05. There was a bus leaving for the MK, but it was packed to the gills, so obviously we were going to wait for the next one. It was about 15 minutes before the next bus arrived and we boarded to the dirty looks of all the other passengers who had to wait for us to board even though we were the first people to show up for this bus.

We got to MK and the place was mobbed at the bag check. Thank goodness we weren't going there now! We headed up the ramp to the resort monorail and were approached by a CM. He asked where we were going and we told him “Grand Floridian”. That was when I noticed the rope hanging across the gateway to the monorail. He informed us that they were having “difficulties” with the resort monorail and we would need to take the boat. In my experience the boats on the seven seas lagoon and Bay Lake have not been scooter accessible, however it seems that they pulled another boat out of their arsenal, Fran thinks he said larger vessel, I *think* he may have said cruiser, but either way, it could take scooters.

So we lined up and eventually boarded.

They put us this corridor, probably so that we didn’t roll around on the boat.

Our view as we floated over to the Grand Floridian.

Disembarking was funny. The boat itself was about 4-6 inches below the deck when I was trying to get off, so the Captain asked the passengers to stand up and go to the right hand side of the boat. The weight of all the passengers was able to lift the boat deck so that I could exit easily. Evidently I should have waited for more passengers to leave because a few more left after I did and that let the boat rise enough for Fran to get off. We were still running early for our breakfast reservation and we headed inside the main building. Fran wanted to use the restroom and I steered her towards the closer, larger restroom, when I noticed that the check in desk for 1900 Park Fare had been moved to where the exit had been previously located.

It did make more sense to have the entrance here as there was a large wide hallway with benches where one could sit and wait for you table to be ready. It was also next to the Grand Floridian Café so that both breakfast locations were at one central entrance point.

We were seated immediately and we both started to hit the buffet. The offerings had changed slightly from last time I remember. Also Alice doesn't come around to the tables anymore, you have to meet her on the way out, but since our scooters were parked at the entrance we went out that way.

I let Fran hit the buffet first, this is what she came back with.

This was my first plate.

After I finished my first plate,I could tell that we had a while before the characters would come by, so I went up and snagged these pictures of the buffet.

We still had some time before the characters were coming by again, so I grabbed Fran a plate of Mickey waffles, and one for me as well.

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

Then the characters started to come by in rapid fire format. First there was Tigger.

Then Winnie the Pooh…

Mary Poppins is always sweet.

The Mad Hatter is a Hoot!

We each had room for one more plate. We both got strawberry soup and watermelon, but I love their Bread Pudding with vanilla sauce, so I can’t resist a helping of that before we go.

The monorail was back up and running, so we took that to the MK and it was still totally packed at the bag check. The guards appeared to be going over things with a fine toothed comb and it seemed like the folks in front of us with a stroller were packing for a week long safari. I thought Fran and I brought a lot of stuff along with us, but we had nothin’ on these folks.

Once in we headed to the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

http://s915.photobucket.com/user/fr.../media/2016/October F and W/IMG_1322.jpg.html

http://s915.photobucket.com/user/fr.../media/2016/October F and W/IMG_1322.jpg.html

I could have rode it twice, but once was fine.

Next up we finish our day at the MK.

Wow, there is a lot going on in real life. I am glad that there is so much interest in the apartment and that you have a potential applicant for the other one. The gas leak and the leaking skylights sound like a pain though. I hope you get this sorted soon.

Looks like you morning at WDW worked like clockwork despite the transportation issues and the hold up at security. Breakfast looked delicious and of course, any day that starts with strawberry soup is a winner.

Corinna

Sounds like a 50/50 on the real life update--the renter situation looks to be going well but yuck to all the repair hassles.

We were on of the resort boats last trip where we had to do the weight distribution shuffle to raise the boat for scooter guests--seems to work well enough.

Breakfast looks good--I wonder if the characters are on a rotation in terms of which one meets outside--on our Oct visit, Alice roamed the restaurant and Mad Hatter met outside.

Wow, there is a lot going on in real life. I am glad that there is so much interest in the apartment and that you have a potential applicant for the other one. The gas leak and the leaking skylights sound like a pain though. I hope you get this sorted soon.

And that doesn't even count the underlying need to move out of the old place. This morning I almost thought the refrigerator cooler went out, but I flipped the circuit breaker and that seemed to do the trick, but now its cooling too much. We'll need to call someone tomorrow.

Looks like you morning at WDW worked like clockwork despite the transportation issues and the hold up at security. Breakfast looked delicious and of course, any day that starts with strawberry soup is a winner.

It did work out well!

Just found this report! Spent the evening reading your posts. Too much for me to comment on, but I love your memory lane pics so much!

There is no such thing as too much pooh! (There can be too much poo though...)

Glad your 1900 Breakfast Went well and that they actually had a boat you could take to the Grand! I was nervous for you when I read the monorail wasn't running yet!

Before I get to the update(s), I noticed I hadn't replied to this.

There was a thread I was on a couple years ago where folks were posting their bucket lists. People had stuff like Macchu Picchu, and all these exotic locations around the world. I was just like :confused3 I really couldn't think of anything I "had" to do. There's some things I'd probably like to do, but nothing really struck me as "bucket list". This has actually been something I've talked about every year, so I realized when I finally got there, this was a viable bucket list item. As I said either here or elsewhere, I have stuff I'd like to do, but I try to keep my expectations in check. Currently my lifestyle is high maintenance so I can't epect to do a lot of getting up and go. Perhaps that could change in the future.

That's the way I feel. I've already done things that most haven't. I've jumped out of an airplane (without being attached to someone... twice!) I've scuba dived below 100'. I've seen the Rockies and the Alps. I've been on a hovercraft and a hot air balloon... other stuff but you get the idea. I don't need a bucket list. I just have stuff that every now and then I see and go... "Hm. Well, if I'm in the area and (most importantly) if I remember, I might look into that." I saw an article not long ago about why people shouldn't have bucket lists. Enjoy life. Stop trying to live one that isn't possible or realistic.

When we went to bed the night before, Fran said that she wanted to hit rope drop at AK so that we could be on one of the first safaris of the morning.

Sounds familiar.

I woke around 5:15

You're an hour early! Go back to bed!

I made her toast two ways

Burned and not burned? What's toast two ways?

However, by this point she's realizing that we have a FP+ for the safari that starts at 9:55, so we really don't need to be rushing over there

And so it begins...

I usually need a little time from waking up to when I actually have breakfast.

Me too.

It appears that I did not take any pictures of this breakfast. It was very good!

Yes. Sometimes it's very good to not take pictures.

:rolleyes2

We had one of those bus drivers who was jaded by past idiot scooter drivers. I decided the moment he started to tell me how to drive I just got off the thing and told him he could do it since he knew better than me.

How did he react to that?

God forbid we get the chance to park our own scooters and then stay on them to free up seats for others. But I can see his point. Better to just assume everyone is a total idiot than give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah... I'm betting more than half of the people are renters for the first time.

I might do that given the faith in humanity I have seen lately. <Steps down off soapbox>

:rolleyes1

Of course he felt the need to direct my every move as I rolled off the bus. It was really annoying.

Next time... take note of exactly how he lowers and raises the gate and the bus height.
So when you get that, you can tell the driver how to do his job!

I'm a bit confused. You had two scooters, right? Where's yours? Or do you just prefer to park it by the PP photog and pose on your feet?

I'm not entirely sure why, but I like that hippo photo.

Not the best picture, but these people are on the Wild Africa Trek, maybe someday.

Oh! I wonder if they throw food to them? Would explain the pose.

I was not having any luck with the crocodiles today!

Got bit, huh?

The Cheetah were the most active I've ever seen!

No way! One of my favourite animals. Would've loved to have seen them move about.

Animatronic lion wasn't working again today.

Shoulda done that early rope drop safari.

Like this shot too! Not used to seeing zebras lying down.

Well except this guy.

Rude.

Then we headed over to Expedition Everest where I rode twice. The first time the camera totally took me by surprise.

:laughing: But I like that one! Shows the real you. :)

The second time I was doing a poor impression of Munch’s “The Scream”

Not bad, Alison! Not bad!

I had checked out some of the menus and new since the last time we ate at AK was the Harambe market. They had a couple things that I thought might work for us.

Here we go... been waiting for this.

I wanted the Chicken Tikka Masala. It was excellent! It had just a hint of spicy, with tender melt in your mouth chicken.

Now you tell me!

Fran decided on the sausage fried in a curried corn batter, she said it was OK, but a little dry.

::yes:: Pretty much my experience. I liked it a lot better once I peeled off the batter. Too much of that.

Then we went over to Zuri’s sweet shop. They definitely had some unique treats there.

This was in Harambe????? How the heck did I miss that?!?!?

After this I hit a wall.

Did you damage your scooter or the wall?

I got really tired and we hadn't even had anything alcoholic to drink!

Maybe that was the problem?

We stopped at the two stores around Discovery Island. I was rather disappointed that these stores now carry hardly any unique merchandise related to AK. In the past these were among my favorites shops on property.

Yeah... agreed. 100%.

They even added a giant room that they could fill with generic Disney merchandise so that if you weren't going to make it to World of Disney, you could get what you needed here.

:sad2:

So just as we were supposed to be thinking about getting up she was laying down for her nap. You can see where I am going with this...

Yup.

As soon as we got there I started having a major panic attack, not sure why. They had moved the bus stop, there was all sorts of new construction that had been completed, and I totally lost my bearings. I had no idea where we were and I felt like I was in some kind of futuristic movie thriller. I think it had something to do with the towering and glowing new Coke building. It was kind of tripping me out.

Sorry, Alison.

When I saw the Harley Store I thought they had relocated it, but Fran pointed out that it was still in the same place

Hello Mecca.

When she was able to point out where all the landmarks I could recognize were located (like the waterfront and the balloon), I started to feel a little better. It was not a pleasant experience.

Again, sorry to hear that. Glad you got your bearings in the end, though.

I was thrilled to find out that they had my favorite oysters, Malpeques.

I must try those some day.

Fran got a bowl of the lobster Bisque.

mmmmm...

I crawled into bed and fell asleep immediately. I don't even think it was 10:00 yet!

Someone was a tired girl.

Whelp! Break's over! Back to work for me.

That would certainly be enough. I did it once on the way home from my parents, we caught Hwy 1 in Santa Cruz and took it to Ventura (I think). At the time I lived in the San Fernando Valley. Several times Fran and I have gone to Laguna Beach (for the Crazy Shirts store and lunch) and then driven back home up Hwy 1, it's an interesting drive.

So... doable. Good. It's on my bucket list. :duck:

No! I don't think you are. I would love to show my home off, but we really need the carpets cleaned. Since I live in it, I don't notice, but let's just say the less desirable aspects of the cats have become more evident. When we came home from our Alaska trip I realized how bad it had become.

Ah yes... pets.... They... do things, don't they?

See we're lucky. The water heater has it's own shut off valve and the problem has something to do with the pilot light and the water heater. Plus we have two different water heaters. One for the south half of the house and one for the north half of the house. We have hot water in our bedroom, just not in the kitchen, laundry or Olga's (guest room). We don't need hot water for laundry as we wash everything in cold (so it doesn't shrink), the dryer still has a working gas feed, the stove has gas, and the heaters in both wings of the house still work. So even if it got down to freezing here, we wouldn't freeze.

Hm. Interesting. We have an electric hot water tank this time around (last house was gas... it had its own shut off too.) But we have one central furnace that heats the entire house (like every home here) and if it goes.... brrrr...

Since then, I've had a few hits on the apartment but no takers. So two days ago I put it up on Zillow, Trulia, Hot Pads, Rent.com, Rentals.com and a couple others. That was around 2-3PM. I got two hits immediately and set up 11AM and 2PM appointments. By the time I woke up yesterday I had a dozen more emails in my Inbox about the place. I decided to hold open house between 11AM and 2:30PM. I quickly responded to each of the prospective tenants, inviting them to join me, made coffee, and then heated both Fran and I leftover Chinese for breakfast. Then I headed over for the day. All in all it was a good day. I handed out half a dozen rental packets and showed the place to at least 10 sets of roommates or partners. I even interviewed a dog! I'm confident that at least one of the pairs I met yesterday will submit an application. After I left, I got at least three more responses.
Wow! Sounds promising!

While I was holding the open house yesterday, the contractor came by to take a look at the problem. Turns out that our solar panels are so thickly laid on the roof, that they can't even get to the sky lights. We're going to have to get in touch with the solar company and see if they can remove some panels for access to the lights. Fun, huh?
Sounds like a cheap repair, too. :faint:

The boat itself was about 4-6 inches below the deck when I was trying to get off, so the Captain asked the passengers to stand up and go to the right hand side of the boat. The weight of all the passengers was able to lift the boat deck so that I could exit easily.
:lmao: Well, that works well. I'm kind of surprised that Disney would allow using human ballast to properly line a boat up with a dock though as super conscious as they tend to be about potential liability issues.

I'm glad you had a nice breakfast at 1900PF and were able to get Fran her strawberry soup!

The monorail was back up and running, so we took that to the MK and it was still totally packed at the bag check. The guards appeared to be going over things with a fine toothed comb and it seemed like the folks in front of us with a stroller were packing for a week long safari. I thought Fran and I brought a lot of stuff along with us, but we had nothin’ on these folks.
Hey now, depends on the age of the kids, but sometimes you've got to have snacks, extra clothes for the kid and potentially extra clothes for the parents. It's cheaper than buying a new shirt when you get spit up on. :rolleyes1

They had moved the bus stop, there was all sorts of new construction that had been completed, and I totally lost my bearings.

I had the same reaction. It is very disorienting the first time. I'm so used to coming in by the Christmas store.

I don't care about sunglasses, luggage, over priced clothing for skinny chicks, and all that garb.

I hear ya, sister. The only reason we hung around that area as long as we did was for the Marvel & Star Wars stores. To me, it seems like that area is more geared to locals but maybe it's just me.

That meal at the Boathouse looks wonderful. That has just been added to our wish list.

It's kind of a bummer that Alice doesn't come around anymore. I think 1900 PF got bumped from our "must-do" list after we did CP and Ohana this trip.

Good luck on all the rental prospects! That awesome news. Hopefully all of your repairs at home go smoothly.

So before I get the next update going, I just thought I would let you know what’s been up with us IRL.

So? Any takers? Or are you still waiting?
You interviewed a dog? How did that go?
"Who's a good boy?"
"Me!"
"Who's a good boy?"
"Me! Me! I am!"
"Who's a good boy?"
"Me! Oh, God! It's me! Meeeeee!!!"

Repairs on the panels/sky light happening yet?

Gas problem solved?

We targeted leaving the room at 7:30 AM but didn't actually get to the bus stop until 8:05.

Not bad at all.

It was about 15 minutes before the next bus arrived and we boarded to the dirty looks of all the other passengers who had to wait for us to board even though we were the first people to show up for this bus.

Considering you had to wait for the 2nd bus, that's pretty good.

But... do people give you dirty looks? Or do you just... feel like they are?
Surely not the former?

That was when I noticed the rope hanging across the gateway to the monorail. He informed us that they were having “difficulties” with the resort monorail and we would need to take the boat.

Uh, oh. But... glad it worked out.
Actually... other than the inconvenience of having to turn around and go back... considering this usually isn't an option for you... and it turned out to be an adventure.... maybe you're kind of glad it was shut down?

You guys look pretty happy! :)

Disembarking was funny. The boat itself was about 4-6 inches below the deck when I was trying to get off, so the Captain asked the passengers to stand up and go to the right hand side of the boat. The weight of all the passengers was able to lift the boat deck so that I could exit easily.

No way! :laughing:

We were seated immediately and we both started to hit the buffet.

I knew it! See??? The bus driver was right! You guys have an entire restaurant to drive through and what do you do? You both hit the buffet!

Also Alice doesn't come around to the tables anymore, you have to meet her on the way out

Really? That's kind of.... sucky.

I approve of this plate. No extraneous, unnecessary stuff.

We still had some time before the characters were coming by again, so I grabbed Fran a plate of Mickey waffles, and one for me as well.

And more bacon. Good call.

Won't comment on all the pics of you guys, but.... all cute!

But I will comment on a few. Love how Fran's holding his paw.
("Who's a good Tigger?")

Your top matches his bottom.... :rolleyes1

Love the pose! :)

:lmao:

Have I mentioned that I can't wait to meet you guys?

I love their Bread Pudding with vanilla sauce, so I can’t resist a helping of that before we go.

Another thing I've never had.... but people keep talking about it.

The guards appeared to be going over things with a fine toothed comb and it seemed like the folks in front of us with a stroller were packing for a week long safari.

Maybe they were planning on staying the night.

We did enjoy the Boathouse, we had been there previously for lunch. It's nice that they have a variety of options, we've always had seafood there. In fact both times we had a lobster option, but they have nice steaks and other choices too. The only boats I saw there were the amphicars. Where are the historic boats? I saw models of boats.....

Michael and our friend Bill (the one you know, he joined us for our meal and tour in California) made a huge point that I was not to look at the boats on my own when I went to the bathroom, but they were no where between the table and the bathroom, but outside. When you exit the restaurans towards the outside bar, there is a whole boardwalk with all kind of neat old boats that are on display there. One of them you can even rent for a champagne sunset cruise and it looks like that would be an amazing event!

We all had sandwiches and they were really good. Bill had the steak sandwich and upgraded the normal fries to truffel fries and his portion could have easily fed two people. The truffle fries were amazing and I stole quite a few of them.

Sounds like a 50/50 on the real life update--the renter situation looks to be going well but yuck to all the repair hassles.

Yeah, I showed the place again yesterday. No calls to turn in an application yet, though. The repairs are a PITA. At least we're not supposed to have rain again for at least 10 days.

We were on of the resort boats last trip where we had to do the weight distribution shuffle to raise the boat for scooter guests--seems to work well enough.

Interesting, I would have thought they had a better solution for that.

Breakfast looks good--I wonder if the characters are on a rotation in terms of which one meets outside--on our Oct visit, Alice roamed the restaurant and Mad Hatter met outside.

I would have been bummed not to meet the Mad Hatter. When we go in March I will meet him if he's the one out in the hall.

Just found this report! Spent the evening reading your posts. Too much for me to comment on, but I love your memory lane pics so much!

:welcome: So nice of you to drop by! We've still got lots of adventures left!

There is no such thing as too much pooh! (There can be too much poo though...)

Very true. The joke is much better when delivered orally as opposed to in print.

Glad your 1900 Breakfast Went well and that they actually had a boat you could take to the Grand! I was nervous for you when I read the monorail wasn't running yet!

Yeah, I think it was five trips ago when we tried to take the boat from VWL there and we ended up with a whole transportation debacle.

That's the way I feel. I've already done things that most haven't. I've jumped out of an airplane (without being attached to someone... twice!) I've scuba dived below 100'. I've seen the Rockies and the Alps. I've been on a hovercraft and a hot air balloon... other stuff but you get the idea. I don't need a bucket list. I just have stuff that every now and then I see and go... "Hm. Well, if I'm in the area and (most importantly) if I remember, I might look into that." I saw an article not long ago about why people shouldn't have bucket lists. Enjoy life. Stop trying to live one that isn't possible or realistic.

Wow! You've done a lot of cool things! I've done a fair amount of stuff and seen a few places, so I can't complain. Sure there's things I'd like to still do and places I'd like to see. I need to deal with the challenges at hand before I can start thinking about stuff on the horizon.

Now that our storms are gone for a while, hopefully I can get Fran over to work on the old house. We did stuff in the garage yesterday but that doesn't help the inside of the apartment any.

Yum! I'm glad I caught your photo spread of the breakfast buffet. I have made reservations for it based on your reviews. I am drooling over that strawberry soup! And Mickey waffles. I can't wait! Like 5 more weeks!! :yay:

I see you are dealing with 2 scooters and Disney transportation. And you seem to be handling it. I have rented a scooter and a rental car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter