CDsSleepingBeauty's 5-7-12 Shipwreck Beach/Ariel's PJ*Nominated-Best Disney Bridals!*

OHHH! Bride shirts!
You got that tank at Vicki Secrets? That's awesome! I'm so getting one! LOVE IT!
I hadn't planned on buying too much stuff that said "bride" on it, because I didn't want to just wear it once. Seemed like a waste, BUT I have had a total change of heart after seeing these! :laughing:
Etsy is really the coolest place ever! Thanks for the ideas!

You're welcome! :cutie: I got the tank top and hoodie at Victoria's Secret. You should definitely get them! :thumbsup2 I actually hadn't bought anything that said "Bride" on it (except for a satin robe), but I had to get the tank and hoodie after seeing them.

oooh so many great things going on! :cool1: I couldn't ever decide on a hangar so I'm not doing one. I'll live vicariously through you, so be sure to post pictures ;)

and I LOVE That hoodie with the engagement ring on it!! It's so stinking cute!! :lovestruc

The time is really sneaking up! It's going to be here before you know it! :banana:

I just read thru your PJ! We'll be at the YC May 6-9, so maybe some lurking is in order!! Love your plans, and I loveeee the gift you got for your planner!!

:cheer2: :dance3: It's almost time!!!! I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait for May to get here!

Hopefully we'll be able to meet up with everyone!!!

Hi! After reading so many neat PJs, I have decided to start one, too. :cutie:

About Us:

DF and I met in pharmacy school and we began dating during the end of our 3rd year. Our relationship pretty much started out as a long-distance one because about a week after we began dating, we started our year of rotations and were always in different parts of the state. We talked every single night on the phone and got to see each other about every other weekend. We moved to the same city a few weeks before graduation, so it was nice to finally be able to spend a lot more time together. Then, exactly a year after our first date and a few days before graduation, my DF proposed. :lovestruc

The Proposal:

I love our proposal story because it was so unexpected/cute/random! We had gone out to eat dinner and as we were leaving the restaurant (I was driving), my fiance opened up a bag of chocolate-covered Mickey Mouse pretzels. All of a sudden, he started telling me in a kind-of panicked voice that he was about to drop a handful of pretzels and that I needed to take them. :confused3 I told him that I was driving, so I couldn't take them. Then, the next thing I knew, he was shoving a bunch of chocolate pretzels in my hand with an engagment ring sitting on top. Let's just say I found a parking lot to pull into very quickly. :lmao: He asked me to marry him, and I was so excited and surprised that it almost didn't even seem real. In fact, I was so caught off-guard that for a split-second I wondered if he was trying to pull some kind of joke (we love to joke with and prank each other). I said, well....shouted YES! DF said that since we couldn't be at WDW when he wanted to propose that he had to find SOMETHING Disney to include in the proposal. When he's told the proposal story, a lot of people have told him that it wasn't very good :sad2:, but I thought it was absolutely perfect for us and very sweet. :lovestruc

Our wedding is going to be May 7, 2012 on Shipwreck Beach, and our reception is going to be at Ariel's! The overall theme is "Under the Sea/The Little Mermaid." :goodvibes

After searching through TONS of pictures, I FINALLY found centerpieces that are absolutely perfect. :goodvibes These were actually on the DFTW blog. I'd like to have a bigger version of this one with a few starfish scattered around it.

IMG_1428LR-520x346.jpg

This will probably change but these are the songs we have picked out so far!

Ceremony:

Prelude/Seating-"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"
Mothers-"The Medallion Calls" (from POTC)
Officiant, Groom, and Groomsmen-"Rocky's Theme"
Bridesmaids, Junior Bridesmaids, and Flower Girl-"Canon in D Major"
Bride-"Traditional Bridal Chorus Processional"
Recessional/Exit-"Ever Ever After"

Reception:

Wedding Party Entrance-"What is Love" (Haddaway)
First Dance-"Don't You Forget About Me" (Simple Minds)
Father/Daughter Dance-"Just the Way You Are" (Billy Joel)
Cake Cutting-"So Happy Together" (The Turtles)
Anniversary Dance-"Grow Old Along with Me" (Mary Chapin Carpenter)
Intro to Garter Removal-"Foxy Lady" (Jimi Hendrix) DF is going to do the little dance that Dana Carvey did in "Wayne's World" :rotfl:
Garter Removal-"Raiders of the Lost Ark" (Indiana Jones)
Garter Toss-DF is still thinking about this one
Bouquet Toss-"Girls of Summer" (Aerosmith)
Last Dance-"I Wanna Grow Old with You" (Adam Sandler)

When we started planning, there was never any question as to what my "something blue" was going to be. DF and I both graduated from the University of Kentucky and are big fans of the Wildcats. I am a HUGE Kentucky basketball fan! :goodvibes So...I knew I had to have a UK garter. :lovestruc I have looked at several different ones and I can't decide between these two.

I found this one on letsdancegarters.com.
13299761369175183_JSFKIPAW_c.jpg

I found this one at wildcatden.com.
wa001.jpg

I really wanted to have wedding-themed coloring books for the kids at our reception, so I ordered these Disney "Wedding Wishes" coloring books a few months ago from walmart.com. I think they are super cute! : I even ordered an extra one for myself. :rotfl:

We finally managed to find the perfect Ariel & Eric cake topper on Ebay!! :yay: I it! It is the WDCC "Two Worlds, One Heart" figurine.

418517_10100538426131640_12924028_50295939_945880297_n.jpg

Our cake is a three-tier "Happily Ever After" cake in white, with the writing in silver. They are also going to scatter pastel seashells (probably fondant or candy) around the cake.

The bottom tier is going to be yellow cake with Bavarian cream filling, the middle tier is going to be yellow cake with tropical mousse, and the top tier is going to be red velvet cake with cream cheese filling. We like a little of everything. :

I absolutely love Bridie1996's bouquet, so mine is going to be very similar to hers. Instead of the greenery and purple anemones, I'm going to have white hydrangea and stephanotis with pearl inserts.

4409595185_c373432cdb.jpg

We've changed our minds several times, but these are the songs we plan on having for our ceremony (played by a violinist):

Prelude/Seating
"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes” (Cinderella)
“Once Upon a Dream” (Sleeping Beauty)
“One Song” (Snow White)

Mothers' Entrance
“When You Wish Upon a Star” (Pinocchio)

Officiant and Men’s Entrance
Theme from “The Simpsons” (if they are able to play it)

Bridesmaids, Jr. bridesmaids, flower girl, and ring bearer entrance
“Canon, in D Major” (Johann Pachelbel)

Bride’s Entrance
“Traditional Bridal Chorus Processional” (Richard Wagner)

Recessional/Exit
“Traditional Wedding Recessional March” (Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy)
“Ever Ever After” (Enchanted)

This is a large post but I wanted to comment on everything! I cant believe I have missed your PJ!? But hey... now I found it! :) I was searching through to find brides that were close to our wedding date! :) I cant actually believe I am getting married and I bet you feel the same! You are so close now! I get married on the 22nd of may, but fly out to America on the 11th! Were lucky to get a week of sunning before too! hehe

I think DFs proposal was unbelievably cute! Brilliant Idea! Bless him!

I loved the 1st music choices, but really love your 2ndchoices - We sent off our choices the other day! Its surprising how long it took us to decide on our music!

I think your garter is a brilliant idea for your something blue. I still haven't decided on a garter! lol Im hoping my mum surprises me with one on the day!

The colouring book idea is cute, the kids will love it! How many kids do you have going to the wedding? I have attempted to make colouring books... I don't know if we will use them or not!

Your cake topper is beautiful and will be perfect on your cake!

Anyway... Im sure I have taken up far too much space on your pj... but I couldn't possibly go by without commenting!

Good luck from over the pond!

Cant wait to see photos!

Faye

xxx

oooh so many great things going on! :cool1: I couldn't ever decide on a hangar so I'm not doing one. I'll live vicariously through you, so be sure to post pictures ;)

and I LOVE That hoodie with the engagement ring on it!! It's so stinking cute!! :lovestruc

The time is really sneaking up! It's going to be here before you know it! :banana:

Thank you! :) It took me forever to decide on a hanger, so I almost didn't get one. I can't believe our day is almost here! :goodvibes

:cheer2: :dance3: It's almost time!!!! I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait for May to get here!

Hopefully we'll be able to meet up with everyone!!!

Yay!! :yay: I can't believe it's almost here! :goodvibes Thank you! I really want to meet you at our Dole Whip meet-up! I've already told Chris we have to go! :rotfl:

I really wanted to have wedding-themed coloring books for the kids at our reception, so I ordered these Disney "Wedding Wishes" coloring books a few months ago from walmart.com. I think they are super cute! : I even ordered an extra one for myself. :rotfl:

This is a large post but I wanted to comment on everything! I cant believe I have missed your PJ!? But hey... now I found it! :) I was searching through to find brides that were close to our wedding date! :) I cant actually believe I am getting married and I bet you feel the same! You are so close now! I get married on the 22nd of may, but fly out to America on the 11th! Were lucky to get a week of sunning before too! hehe

I think DFs proposal was unbelievably cute! Brilliant Idea! Bless him!

I loved the 1st music choices, but really love your 2ndchoices - We sent off our choices the other day! Its surprising how long it took us to decide on our music!

I think your garter is a brilliant idea for your something blue. I still haven't decided on a garter! lol Im hoping my mum surprises me with one on the day!

The colouring book idea is cute, the kids will love it! How many kids do you have going to the wedding? I have attempted to make colouring books... I don't know if we will use them or not!

Your cake topper is beautiful and will be perfect on your cake!

Anyway... Im sure I have taken up far too much space on your pj... but I couldn't possibly go by without commenting!

Good luck from over the pond!

Cant wait to see photos!

Faye

xxx

Thank you so much for all the nice comments! :goodvibes I can't believe our wedding day is almost here! It seems so surreal. Your wedding day is not long after ours! That's great that you will have extra time before your wedding to have some fun! :)

We had a very hard time deciding on music, too! I was starting to think we weren't going to have any! :rotfl:

I have seen some really cute garters on Etsy. You might find one that you like on there.

Out of 27 of us total, 7 are kids. We're having a fairly small wedding.

Thank you again! :cutie:

I have been so busy lately that I haven't been keeping my PJ updated. :( On the bright side, we leave for WDW in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS!!! :yay:

Everything is almost ready to go. My wedding veil finally arrived two weeks ago! :) It's a little poofier than I thought it would be (I should have expected that from a two-tier veil), but I still love it. I ended up deciding not to wear it over my face because it's not as sheer as I thought it would be, but I'm really looking forward to taking some pictures with it over my face. I'm also happy knowing that our wedding is completely paid off! :goodvibes Now, if I can just remember to pack everything...:laughing:

After changing our minds several times, here are the songs we've decided on for our wedding reception.

First Dance—“Don’t You (Forget About Me)” by Simple Minds
Father/Daughter Dance—“I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” by Aerosmith
Cake Cutting—“So Happy Together” by The Turtles
Anniversary Dance—“Grow Old Along with Me” by Mary Chapin Carpenter
Bouquet Toss—“Girls of Summer” by Aerosmith
Garter Toss—“Foxy Lady” by Jimi Hendrix
Last Dance—“I Wanna Grow Old with You” by Adam Sandler

“Everything I Do (I Do it For You)” by Bryan Adams
“Kiss the Girl” from the Little Mermaid movie soundtrack
“Under the Sea” from the Little Mermaid movie soundtrack
“Crocodile Rock” by Elton John
“Love Story” by Taylor Swift
“Uptown Girl” by Billy Joel
“Just Like Heaven” by The Cure
“Business Time” by Flight of the Conchords
“Pride” by U2
“Yellow” by Coldplay
"Beyond the Sea" by Bobby Darin
“Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey
“Jaded” by Aerosmith
“Beat It” by Michael Jackson
“Love Shack” by the B-52s
“Firework” by Katy Perry
“Lucky” by Jason Mraz and Colbie Callait
“Dancing with Myself” by Billy Idol
“Poker Face” by Lady Gaga
“Baby, I Love Your Way” by UB40
“Kiss Me” by Sixpence None the Richer
“What I Like About You” by the Romantics
“A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri
“White Wedding” by Billy Idol
“The One” by Elton John
“Beast of Burden” by the Rolling Stones
“You Can’t Hurry Love” by Phil Collins
“Take My Breath Away” by Berlin
“You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)” by Dead or Alive
“Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor
“My Sharona” by The Knack
“Power of Love” by Huey Lewis & the News
“Dancing in the Moonlight” by King Harvest
“I Want You to Want Me” by Cheap Trick
“Da Ya Think I’m Sexy” Rod Stewart
“So This is Love” from the Cinderella movie soundtrack
"Life's a Happy Song" from the Muppets movie soundtrack

Yes, for some reason we're music control freaks. :rotfl:

Hi and congratulations and best wishes! Just read your entire PJ and am so excited for you. Everything sounds wonderful! BC and BWI is our favorite area when we go to Disney. Love your music choices as well as all your other choices. Your dress is gorgeous.

My daughter got engaged on the BC beach in 2010 and got married in Sept of 2011. She didn't have a Disney wedding but her day was beyond wonderful and we had so much fun planning all of it.

I'm not sure what you finally decided on for the length of your photographer for your wedding but this is what we did. Instead of paying extra for them to stay for the entire reception (which we extended for an extra hour), my friend who takes beautiful pictures was also there for the day taking pics and got some wonderful pictures during the last 1.5 hours of the reception. She was so wonderful to have there taking pictures. I asked her to take pictures that the photographer was not taking (if you get what I mean) and the pictures she took are from a totally different perspective of the wedding. Great memories.

Wish we were going to be there but our next trip is scheduled for September! I'm sure you've been told this already, but the day flies by sooo fast, so just take a deep breath, relax and take it all in!

Best Wishes!

Hey girl! Just checking in. 2 weeks out.. So exciting!!!! :goodvibes
And I love the music list. I have a feeling I'll be the same way one day. ;)

ahhh your getting so close!!!!! yay!

I like your music list!! I may borrow some of those songs for ours ;)

Awesome list of music!! I may have to "borrow" some of your songs!!

You're getting so close!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter