CDsSleepingBeauty's 5-7-12 Shipwreck Beach/Ariel's PJ*Nominated-Best Disney Bridals!*

Thanks! :) Looking at your MK photo shoot pics has gotten me even more excited! :goodvibes We're having our planning session in December and we'll be sure to talk to our planner about the timing of everything. I definitely want to make sure we have pictures of the dances and cake cutting. We may wind up going with the 8-hour package if it doesn't seem like there's going to be enough time for all of the pictures we want taken.

Thank you!

I really wanted to have wedding-themed coloring books for the kids at our reception, so I ordered these Disney "Wedding Wishes" coloring books a few months ago from walmart.com. I think they are super cute! :cutie: I even ordered an extra one for myself. :rotfl:

wedding-wishes-golden-books-paperback-cover-art.jpg

Those coloring books are too cute! I'm not sure if it's something you can do at Ariels, but you might want to ask...we had a lable lowered to the ground so the kids we could sit on pillows and color. It was so cute! (and since mine was late a few even fell asleep). But I think I might have find one of those books to order for myself!

Oohh I'm glad you booked the MK and HS shoot!!! :cool1: I can't wait to see pictures.

I agree, just do all of your important stuff first thing--- do the father/daughter dance right after the first dance, and you should be good! :)

Also--- I got that coloring book for Christmas!

Thank you!! I think we will be fine with 6 hours, but we're going to talk about it during our PS next month. I'm glad I'm not the only one who bought a coloring book for themself. :rotfl: It was too cute! :laughing:

Those coloring books are too cute! I'm not sure if it's something you can do at Ariels, but you might want to ask...we had a lable lowered to the ground so the kids we could sit on pillows and color. It was so cute! (and since mine was late a few even fell asleep). But I think I might have find one of those books to order for myself!

Thanks! That's a great idea! :goodvibes Our PS is less than a month away :yay:, so I will be sure to ask. You should order a coloring book for yourself, too! A person can never be too old for Disney stuff! :laughing:

I was up bright and early this morning to make reservations for our rehearsal dinner at 1900 Park Fare. I called at 7:00 am on the dot. :rotfl: There's going to be about 20 of us, so the latest reservation they had was 7:05 pm. It's not as late as I would have liked, but I'll take it! :yay: I'm so excited!! :goodvibes I feel so much better now that I don't have to stress over this anymore! :rotfl:

I get to celebrate TWO things today--DF's birthday and the fact that our wedding is exactly 6 months from today!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Our PS is now less than a month away, so I need to start getting my inspiration pictures together. Right now, I'm trying to narrow down exactly what I want for my bouquet. I don't know why I'm so indecisive about flowers. :laughing:

I have been so calm and laid-back about wedding planning, but now that we have passed the 6 month mark (and with our PS only 3 weeks away), I have started stressing out sooooo much. :eek: I feel like I have so many things I need to get done...QUICKLY. I still need to confirm our officiant and find someone to do my hair and make-up (I know I sound like a terrible procrastinator :laughing:, but I'm usually not). I wanted to hire Patricia LeJeune, but found out several weeks ago that she is unavailable on my wedding date. :sad1: We used one of our engagement pictures for our save-the-date magnets that we sent out back in August, but have no clue what to do about invitations. We can't seem to find ANY that we like. :confused3 I guess we are very picky people. :rotfl:

Fortunately, we decided awhile ago that we want to have the "Happily Ever After" cake in silver and white. At least that's done. ;) We can't decide which cake topper we want to use, though. Neither Cinderella nor Sleeping Beauty will fit too well with our "Under the Sea" theme, but that's fine with us. :) Any opinions??

I found both of these on lenox.com.

094793_wHR

772345_wHR

They're both pretty, but if you want to stick with the Under the Sea, I thought of a few possibilities:

Maybe something like this Jim Shore piece? http://www.ebay.com/itm/JIM-SHORE-D...423?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6c6b488f

Or this one by Lenox? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenox-Disne...183?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e67ba66f7

Or if you really want to get spendy, there's a WDCC figurine (not sure how big it is, though): http://www.ebay.com/itm/WDCC-DISNEY...147?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c608eb0db

They're both pretty, but if you want to stick with the Under the Sea, I thought of a few possibilities:

Maybe something like this Jim Shore piece? http://www.ebay.com/itm/JIM-SHORE-D...423?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6c6b488f

Or this one by Lenox? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenox-Disne...183?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e67ba66f7

Or if you really want to get spendy, there's a WDCC figurine (not sure how big it is, though): http://www.ebay.com/itm/WDCC-DISNEY...147?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c608eb0db

Thank you so much for posting these!! :goodvibes We both love the Lenox one! I think we've narrowed it down to either that one or the Cinderella one. :lovestruc

Last week, I FINALLY booked our officiant and my hair & make-up services. I decided to go with Beaute Speciale. I can breathe again now that that is taken care of. :rotfl:

We also filled out the survey from Disney floral, and I'm trying to decide exactly what I want for my bouquet. For some reason, this has been so important to me. I've been looking at bouquets for months and still can't find exactly what I want. :confused3 I'm sure they'll have some great suggestions at our planning session...which is less than 2 weeks away! :yay::yay::yay:

All of the cake topper options look great!! Do you know what kind of invitations you want but you just cant find one that fits that?? Impressions will design them with you if you want to try that route- they have a ton of pictures of invites on their facebook page, that's where I found ours! Or if you are on pinterest (or even if you're not) search for wedding invitations, even the colors you want, and you will see sooo many! Most if you click again on the picture will link to where you can actually get them. Etsy has some great ones too! Good luck!! :goodvibes

Are you getting so excited for your PS?? I can't believe ours feels like so long ago and we're getting married just 2 days before you! So excited to see waht you come up with!!

OH- I heard back from Laura (floral) and we got our BEO last week- I posted it! But she told me the canopy for the beach to rent is $250, then any swagging or floral you put on it adds to that. I think you were wondering about that too! :)

All of the cake topper options look great!! Do you know what kind of invitations you want but you just cant find one that fits that?? Impressions will design them with you if you want to try that route- they have a ton of pictures of invites on their facebook page, that's where I found ours! Or if you are on pinterest (or even if you're not) search for wedding invitations, even the colors you want, and you will see sooo many! Most if you click again on the picture will link to where you can actually get them. Etsy has some great ones too! Good luck!! :goodvibes

Are you getting so excited for your PS?? I can't believe ours feels like so long ago and we're getting married just 2 days before you! So excited to see waht you come up with!!

OH- I heard back from Laura (floral) and we got our BEO last week- I posted it! But she told me the canopy for the beach to rent is $250, then any swagging or floral you put on it adds to that. I think you were wondering about that too! :)

Thanks! :) We thought about having Impressions design them, but didn't really have anything in particular that we wanted. A few days ago, I came across some invitations that we both love. :lovestruc

These were on yourinvitationplace.com
i9035.jpg

We're going to use the aqua font, too. :cutie:

I am on Pinterest, though. I :love: it! Here's the link to my page: http://pinterest.com/1southernbelle/. I just saw your link on the Pinterest thread, so I will have to start following yours. :cutie:

I am very excited about our PS!! :yay: DF is, too. :laughing: The actual PS is exactly one week from today! :goodvibes I will have to catch up on your PJ and look at your BEO! The canopy rental for the beach isn't bad at all, especially since we probably won't add much to it. Thanks so much for letting me know!! Have you all decided if you are going to rent the canopy or not?

So I am super late to the party on this, but I love that Ariel lenox figurine!!! I hope you buy it soon because it's sooo pretty. :D

Love the invitations too! I really like this Under the Sea theme. :thumbsup2

So I am super late to the party on this, but I love that Ariel lenox figurine!!! I hope you buy it soon because it's sooo pretty. :D

Love the invitations too! I really like this Under the Sea theme. :thumbsup2

Thank you! :cutie: Right before we ordered the Ariel & Eric Lenox figurine, we realized it would be just a little too big for the top of our wedding cake. :sad2: We thought about placing it at the bottom of the cake, but really want an actual topper, so now we're frantically searching for Ariel & Eric figurines. We've found a Jim Shore one, but neither of us really like it. If DF and I can't find one that we like, we're just going to buy the Lenox Cinderella cake topper and use it instead.

Our PS was December 2nd, so I realize that I am waaayyy overdue for an update! At least I already have my BEO back to post. :thumbsup2

Our PS was so much fun, and Franck's Bridal Studio was absolutely gorgeous! I wish I had taken pictures. :sad2: We were so worried about being late that we actually ended up being an hour early. :rotfl: It worked out ok, though, since we got to see the Gingerbread House at the GF and walk over to the Polynesian Resort. We already had answers for most of the questions our planner asked us, so it went by pretty quickly. We both loved the cake tasting! That was probably our favorite part. :laughing: We ended up deciding on yellow/vanilla cake with Bavarian cream filling for the bottom tier, yellow/vanilla cake with tropical mousse for the middle tier, and red velvet cake/cream cheese filling for the top tier of our "Happily Ever After" cake. The cake will be white with the words done in silver, and they're also going to scatter pastel shells (we might end up going without the shells). Our floral planner was great to work with and really seemed to like our colors/theme. I finally found a bouquet to base mine off of, and I can't wait to see how it turns out. :goodvibes

The menu tasting was great as well! I'm so glad we didn't eat anything that morning--we were stuffed! We basically tried a bunch of random foods :rotfl:, but that's the way we wanted it. Their version of the Crystal Palace breakfast lasagna was amazing, so we decided to keep that. The macadamia nut pancakes/macadamia butter were also amazing, but we decided to replace some of the breakfast foods to make it a brunch buffet. Jiko's mac and cheese and the barbecue chicken pizza we tried were amazing--they are now on our buffet! :cutie: I didn't like their version of CRT's stuffed french toast as well, but it was still good, especially since they no longer serve it at CRT. I'll admit that we had to try the chocolate glass slipper dessert, which was very good, but we're not putting it on our buffet since our guests will probably already be experiencing sugar overload between breakfast foods and wedding cake :rotfl:. We also tried their chili and bread pudding for DF, but decided not to add either. Overall, the food was amazing and I think our brunch buffet will turn out great! :goodvibes

Here is our budget. This is after cutting it down a little. :eek: We're still going to try to cut it down a little more, though.

Wedding Ceremony-Outdoor
Yacht Club 27 guests

AV and Technical Services
1 Confetti Cannons@$675.00 each $675.00
Catering Food & Beverage
1 Ceremony Location Usage (Non-Taxable)@$775.00 each $775.00
Catering Fees and Equipment
1 Ceremony Location Usage (Taxable)@$1225.00 each $1304.63
Photography, Video & Multimedia
1 Wishes Wedding Photo Package (Non)@3650.00 each $3650.00
1 Wishes Wedding Video Package (Non)@1200.00 each $1200.00
Entertainment
1 Violinist @$650.00 each $650.00
Florist
1 Floral Wedding Package @$2397.80 each $2553.66
Estimated event total: $10808.29

Wedding Cake Delivery
Grand Floridian, 1 guests
Catering Food & Beverage
50 Wedding Cake-No Service Charge @$12.50 each $665.63
1 Sea Shells for Cake @$75.00 each $96.65
Estimated event total: $762.28

Wedding Pre-Reception/Reception
Yacht Club, 27 guests
Catering Food & Beverage
25 Custom Brunch Menu @$80.00 Guest $2577.30
2 Child's Custom Brunch Menu @$40.00 Guest $103.09
2 Chef's Choice Vendor Meal @$26.50 each $68.30
27 Wedding Cake Handling Fee @$1.89 each $54.35
Entertainment
1 DJ Wedding Package (4 hour) @$1500.00 each $1500.00
Estimated event total: $4303.04

Bridal Portrait Session
Grand Floridian, 2 guests
Photography, Video & Multimedia
1 2011 MK plus Hollywood Studios @$1700.00 each $1700.00
Estimated event total: $1700.00

Estimated program total: $17573.61

Mmmmm all of your choices made me so hungry! It sounds like a good menu. I really want some bbq chicken, even though it's 6:30 in the morning.... and if you wanted to cut anything out, you could probably cut a few things off the menu. Our brunch buffets are similarly priced, and I know at $75 pp I have SO much food.

Mmmmm all of your choices made me so hungry! It sounds like a good menu. I really want some bbq chicken, even though it's 6:30 in the morning.... and if you wanted to cut anything out, you could probably cut a few things off the menu. Our brunch buffets are similarly priced, and I know at $75 pp I have SO much food.

Thank you, Jackie! You are always so sweet! We do feel like we have way too much food on our buffet, so we are going to save some money and take some things off. After we do that, and take off a few other things we can do without, I think I'll feel a lot better about the total. :) I can't wait to read about your wedding and trip!

I am having a major shoe dilemma for some reason. My dress is the Alfred Angelo Cinderella one in diamond white. I thought about wearing hot pink or aqua blue shoes, but decided I wanted to be a little more traditional and wear white/ivory or silver. I have looked and looked for wedding shoes for MONTHS, and the only shoes that I have found that I like are the Nina Electra heels in ivory.

871445-p-2x.jpg

I went ahead and ordered them, and when I tried them on the other day, I loved them. The problem is, the heel is almost 4 inches and my DF is only 2.5 inches taller than I am. With his shoes on, the heels make us about the same height.

Today, I was walking by the shoe section in Dillard's when I noticed these:

03522594_zi_silver_metallic

The heel is only an inch shorter, but I think they might be a little more comfortable. DF has said he doesn't care which pair I choose, so now I can't decide which pair would be best. I normally have NO TROUBLE picking out shoes. :rotfl: Any suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter